April 17, 2014 | 938 users online

Concealers - NARS - Radiant Creamy Concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Finally my perfect concealer! I've used Mac studio finish concealer in NC20 for years and its still a great concealer, but as my skin has changed/dried I find it can look cakey and settle into creases. I tried Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, Benefit, Collection 2000, Bourjois...but nothing worked for me in the long run. I tried this in vanilla and it's made a huge difference to my dark under eye circles. The colour match is just right for me (Mac NC20, Laura Mercier mineral powder in Real Sand). I love the creamy texture, its thick enough for great buildable coverage, but not too much that it goes cakey or settle into creases. I use this regulary and its lasted months and months and still there's no sign of it finishing yet. I've already repurchased for when it does though. The only bad point I can think of is the packaging. Although it looks great, I have a feeling there will be a lot of product left in the tube that the stick won't be able to reach so it'll go to waste.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by GirlieReview

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the consistency of this product. It has phenomenal pigmentation, good staying power and (applied carefully), I don't have an issue with it settling into lines (which are not particularly fine, if you get my drift).

The biggest surprise for me was that I didn't need the lightest color, even for my NW15ish skintone. I picked up the 2nd lightest shade, Vanilla, and it is a great match. The pigmentation, as stated before, is phenomenal. I have some pretty serious under eye circles and this product covers them better than anything else I've tried (include LM SC and MAC Studio Finish) without needing to apply a ton of it.

I generally set the concealer with Laura Mercier's Under Eye Brightening Powder and it lasts a solid 6 hours before it starts to break down at all and a good 9 hours before it needs touching up. I use this under my eyes, but I really don't ever use it to cover blemishes, so I can't really say how it performs there.

As I said, I do set it with powder, but even if you don't use powder, it dries down to a matte finish. I think it's fairly unique in this as most of the really creamy concealers I've tried tend to not dry down well.

Overall, I'm incredibly impressed with this product and will definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used this for a few weeks in Vanilla and Honey and I am not a convert. Vanilla is a good shade for overall concealing and Honey works well for counteracting undereye discoloration. The thing is that I found this to look very dry, especially under eyes. If it works for you - great! Else, save your money.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by alisonvellas

I have some serious dark circles so the true test of a concealer is how well it covers them. This one falls a little short because it's not 100% opaque when blended in, but it looks very natural and covers any redness/blemishes really well. Sometimes I wear just this on problem spots, without foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 9:42:00 AM More reviews by Soniadebiparshad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have never used a concealer before, I remember trying the stick in high school and it looked horrible - caked on! But there I was in Sephora trying on my new foundation and the makeup artist applied some and I noticed an immediate difference. It lightened my dark circles and made my eyes stand out. It was smooth and it didn't look like I was wearing a concealer. Loved it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Samdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not too impressed. I don't have severely dark circles and this didn't even cover mine too well. It says it's creamy but it's drying and doesn't blend well with my concealer brush. It doesn't brighten. It doesn't conceal. so it's good for nothing. I'm going to repurchase fake up from benefit (in medium which is the same shade as custard but brighter). The colour is too flat so I don't think it's meant to brighten but the term "radiant" is misleading as that's what I thought it would do. £21 is not worth it I'm afraid and I have to get through a tube of something which doesn't brighten my eyes at all. The advisor actually recommended vanilla to me (and Punjab in sheer glow) but I went with custard as got light yellow tones like I do. I thought vanilla would be too ashy in natural light but it seems custard just doesn't brighten at all. I'm annoyed as so many people love this but unfortunately I won't repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by annie_b

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I already liked the stick concealer in the NARS line, but I tried the creamy concealer after reading rave reviews. On the first use I knew that this was THE product for brightening the skin under my eyes. The medium coverage is similar to that of the stick concealer, but the creamy texture makes it easier to blend and quicker to use overall. The finish is light and seamless. As a sleep deprived mother of a newborn, this is my secret weapon when I need to look normal! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by riceboxes

This is my HG concealer!!! It's very creamy and opaque and blends seamlessly! I find the Maybelline fit me concealer kind of similar to this one expect the Maybelline one provides a bit less coverage!

I'm nc30-35 and my color is in custard!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Jen283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I've been around the block countless times when it comes to concealers. I have hereditary dark under eye circles with bags. When I wear a bad concealer, I get comments like "are you feeling ok? You look sick/tired/exhausted." SO, for me, being 22 with clear, dry skin, my main beauty issue is my dark circles. I have tried:
- maybelline fit me
- maybelline instant age rewind
- bare minerals loose powder
- bare minerals stroke of light
- MUFE full cover
- bobbi brown creamy concealer
- countless other drugstore concealers

Some of these were ok (maybelline), some were bad (BM and BB), and MUFE was good but a bit dry.

This, in vanilla, combined with bobbi brown corrector in porcelain peach, is perfect. It's a great color match, medium to full coverage, minimal creasing, and not too dry/cakey looking. This is the best under eye option I've ever used :)

The thing that kills me is the price. It's $28 for 0.22 oz!! (2013) I don't need too much to cover under my eyes, but I still go through concealer faster than any other beauty product. But I think it may be worth the $$$. I've been using my drugstore concealers for the other parts of my face. I will update later on the longevity of the product and whether I think the quality will be worth the repurchase price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by amlheureux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product in the shade Vanilla a few months ago and found myself hardly ever reaching for it as it was too peachy and dark. I finally replaced it during Sephora's VIB event but this time I got Chantilly, which is the lightest shade. I now use this product every day and am blown away by how good it is. As most of us makeup addicts know, having the right shade of concealer is extremely important otherwise you're just calling attention your imperfections with a weird shade of makeup. Chantilly is very pale with the slightest green tinge to it, much like my neck. I've struggled to find something that matches the greenish tones in my neck and generally just go the 'neutral' route but finding something that is so dead on has been amazing! I use this product for blemishes and redness as it is too dry for me to use under my eyes, although I know some people love it for that purpose. I only use a small dab for each blemish and it provides sufficient coverage so one tube will last for quite a while, so while the initial purchase can seem a little bit staggering, it's worth it. I would say this is a slightly thicker version of NYX HD Concealer, which I also use and love.