September 18, 2014 | 1410 users online

Concealers - NARS - Radiant Creamy Concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best. Undereye. Concealer ever.

It's expensive but little goes a long way. On bad days, I get green/purple undereye circles thanks to lovely uni work load. The yellow undertone in Custard (Medium 1) cancels out the purple tones and the thick yet creamy coverage gets rid of them. The name is dead on because there is a luminous finish to the concealer. Only gripe is that it's a tad too dark for me right now so I have to use it under foundation.

Overall, a must have if you can afford it <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Yes, yes and yes! This product is exactly as it states in the name...radiant and CREAMY. People are complaining that its creamy...and not long wearing. It never claims long wear and creamy is in the name. Anyways....this is a great product for dark under eye circles. It gives brightness and goes on smoothly and doesn't settle like other heavier products tend to do. I do NOT put eyecream on under this. I could foresee this sliding right off it I did, as this blends out smoothly enough on its own. I am a NC30 and Honey is the prefect shade for me. Brightens and still blends in....no unnatural reverse raccoon eye! I love the wand applicator. My only compliant is once you get towards the end of a tube it can be kinda hard to get out. You can remedy this by getting a long wooden stick cotton swab and taking the non cotton end and using that to scrape excess product out of the side of the tube. I personally wear this all day and through a heavy workout with no problems of transferring or anything. I DO also set this with a little bit of Hourglass Ambient light powder applied with a MAC 224 brush. I don't know if that makes the different in wear or not...but I personally haven't had any issues with transfer or wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by starstruck82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall this is a good full coverage, creamy concealer for any spots, discoloration, etc. you want to cover up on your face. But its not the best for the under-eye area. The main reason why I didn't enjoy this was cause it creased so fast under my eyes (within half and hour). You won't like this if you have fine lines under your eyes and have trouble with concealers creasing on you. I like a multipurpose concealer that I can use both under-my eyes AND on my face... so this was kind of a miss for me.
For pics of me wearing it in the shade ginger, see here:

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by JulsDee

There is way to much hype surrounding this product. It is a very nice creamy consistency, which is why it does not stay put.

Terrible for under the eyes because it creases and smudges and leaves sunglasses marks on my cheeks.

Terrible for blemishes because it just simply won't stay put.

Does not last very long on the skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 6:20:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Insert sad face icon here! I fully expected to be wowed by this concealer. I had done my research and read all the reviews. I was matched to the shade Custard (which, from my own research, I fully expected would be the right shade for me in any case). Well, it hasn't been the best of experiences for me. For starters, Custard really is YELLOW...I have to be SO careful to blend away the edges or else this is really noticeable under my eyes, so if I'm not wearing foundation and just want to wear concealer, this is a problem. I might not mind so much if this at least covered my dark circles more effectively, but it doesn't. Finally, for something named "Creamy", this looks dry and scaly under my eyes. I always wear eye cream but with this, I have to put on a 2nd application.

When I was at the Sephora VIB event this past weekend, the SA (a different one from the one who colour matched me 2 weeks earlier), suggested that Custard might not be the best shade for me and perhaps I should try Vanilla. Well, at $32 (Canadian) a pop, it's a pricey "trial". I think I'll look for my receipt and/or get a sample of Vanilla (if they can scrape some into a sample container) and if Vanilla is truly better for me, return the Custard shade. But to be honest, I was expecting something much better in terms of coverage and more "radiant" and "creamy" finish, rather than dry and scaly.

UPDATE: While I haven't returned this yet (but I'm going to; just wanted to keep it for the sake of comparison with my new purchase), I did pick up the shade Vanilla and it IS a much better match for me. So I am a lot happier but I still find that this concealer looks very dry and makes my under-eye area look dry and scaly and I do use an eye cream (though I might try a somewhat richer one to see if this helps). It sort of puts me in mind of MAC Studio Sculpt concealer, which was simply awful on my dark circles for the same reason. While the Nars concealer is considerably better, it's still not great in this regard, especially since it is supposed to have "radiant, creamy" qualities. But because the colour match is better, I've upped my rating to 4 lippies and changed my "No" to a "Yes" regarding repurchase although, to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure I'd lash out over $30 for this concealer when IT Bye Bye Under-Eye and MAC Pro-Longwear are actually far better products and cost less.

ANOTHER UPDATE: So, I returned Custard and I've been working with this concealer in Vanilla. I've just changed my "repurchase" to NO. I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong but I envy those who find the finish of this concealer to be creamy and flattering. I have to use a lot of eye cream (or the really heavy Shiseido eye cream that I generally reserve only for night because it's so greasy) to get anything even approaching a smooth finish. Otherwise, this looks dry and scaly and certainly not at all what I was expecting from Nars.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

Can it be - have I FINALLY found a concealer that actually CONCEALS my undereye circles? Wow - hell must have frozen over! I have run the entire spectrum of concealers from discount ds to hi end dept store and all have been found lacking. Many that I loved ended up being d/c (what else is new) or my skin became drier = minerals didn't work as well anymore.

I had the SA at Sephora try both Vanilla and Custard on me (for reference, I'm MAC = NC15; EM (semi-matte) = Fairly Light; Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hour = #100 Ivory; Revlon ColorStay = #150 Buff; Avon Smooth Minerals Pressed Foundation = T04 Nude; EL Double Wear = Desert Beige; Jane Iredale = pressed base in Bisque; Lumene CC Cream = Fair; Smashbox Camera Ready CC = Fair. In spring/summer, I'm, 1 shade darker (see my np if you truly want an itemized listing).

I fully expected Vanilla or even the shade lighter (forget the name) to be right for me. I was shocked to see in a side by side comparison that both Vanilla and Custard worked for me...??? I ended up going w/ Custard because I'll be able to wear all year round whereas the Vanilla would definitely not work for me in the spring/summer = why buy 2 when 1 will do...especially at this price?

It doesn't settle in my fine lines (of course, adequate moisturization before is always a must) and it truly lasts around 12 hours on me w/out the need for any touchup. I like this and unless I find a cheaper dupe (I've seen suggestions about Maybelline FIT ME as a possibility, I will re-purchase this.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by mizzou_nyc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute holy grail concealer. Within the past 5 years, I have a smattering of sun spots that have become more prominent from years of sun worshipping from my earlier years(a splatter below my left eye, which are actually quite dark, and the same under my right). I have tried COUNTLESS concealers as my skin is otherwise in pretty good shape except for hiding my pigmentation issues.

Let me go through just some of the concealers I have tried:
1) Laura Mercier secret camouflage concealer - touted heavily by makeup artists as being amazing, I just did not like the texture(to me it felt sticky), and the undertone was too peachy/weird.
2) Bobby Brown - same as with Laura Mercier, that I wasn't a fan of the texture and I could not find a great match
3) YSL - Coverage was just ok, blending it was not easy as it was dry(coverage looked cakey), and the staying power was not great
4) Drugstore brands from Revlon to Maybelline - not horrible, but certainly not great.

Why I love this concealer: I avoided liquid concealers and always thought there was no way a light/think liquid could effectively cover my sun spots - I was so wrong as this product is highly pigmented! I have combination skin(leans more towards oily), and I dab a little under each of my eyes, and pat gently, and it looks totally flawless!! It never looks cakey or heavy, it looks exactly like my skin and I'm so impressed with the staying power - all day strong. I'm range btw NC 20-30 depending on how much sun I get and the color Custard is just perfect. I love this product so much, and my only regret is I wish I found it sooner.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by bitterrose1025

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this concealer. I use it for blemishes. It covers well and stays on pretty much all day. I like that it isn't too creamy that it melts off but it isn't too drying that it looks crusty and gross on the blemish. It's ok for underneath the eyes but I have other concealers I prefer for that area. Overall, it's a good product and I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by kinamorata

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a few scars from acne on my cheeks and I resemble a panda without concealer. I finally caved and purchased this at a whopping $32 CAD for 0.22oz. I'm NC30 and use Custard (described as "yellow tone for light to medium complexion.")
NARS' description is "a creamy concealer with hydrating, multiaction skincare benefits and light diffusing technology to create a softer, smoother complexion." I'm unsure about the claim of the light diffusing technology but the coverage is almost full.
For application, I pull the wand out once (there is more than enough product for a single usage) and dot it on the scars and swipe it under each eye and then blend away with the Face Shop foundation brush (which is a dupe of the popular Shiseido foundation brush!) I usually set it with Hourglass dim light or Make Up For Ever duo mat and that combination lasts ten plus hours; the eye area does not crease. The only con is the packaging, it's concealer in lip gloss form. I really wish they'd repackage it in either a tube or heck even a jar! This is my HG concealer. One final thing - when I use it on a pimple, I dot a small amount of product on my finger and then on my face. I don't want to contaminate the wand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by EIGNA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love, love, love this concealer. It is forgiveness in wand form. I am NW15 and use the shade Vanilla and it's a perfect match. This concealer covers well without looking noticeable or highlighting the area you are trying to conceal. Doesn't get cakey or patchy. Stays fresh all day. I only use this on spots or ruddy areas, so I cannot comment on how it performs on undereye circles. I will repurchase this as long as NARS makes it.