Nizoral AD Shampoo

4.4

Active Ingredients: Contains: Ketoconazole (1 %) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Distearate, Acrylic Acid Polymer (Carbomer 1342), Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylated Hydroxytoluene, Quaternium 15, Polyquaternium 7, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrochloric Acid, FD&C Blue 1 6/14/09

on 6/15/2007 12:07:00 PM

Works great! I spent a little over a month using this 3-4 times a week and it definitely did the trick! Had a normal shampoo smell - not all toxic and tar-like. I haven't finished the bottle and I don't need to since the dandruff has not returned. Great purchase, great solution!

on 6/15/2007 9:14:00 AM

My scalp had some dandruff and was getting really really itchy. Other dandruff shampoos werent working so i thought I would give this a try. BIG MISTAKE! I dont know if I am allegic to it?? But my scalp became so much worse.....it burned and itch continually for months. Ended up having to go to a derm. It was awful. It may work wonders for others but it was the devil for me!

on 6/14/2007 6:10:00 PM

Works amazingly well for me-I cannot recommend it highly enough. I get seasonal psoariasis (sp?) during the winter. This stuff is definitely the HG for such condition or for dandruff. Works so well that after regular use, I only need to use it about once a week, maybe less, just for upkeep. The results are amazing and this product is super FAST ACTING.

Obviously, its going to be a little drying, but given the purpose of the product, "high end" hair is not the result you should be looking for! And so what if your hair comes out a little dry? Just use extra high quality conditioner and you'll be fine.

Thank your lucky stars that Nizoral is out there because it does an amazingly effective job. Trust me.

on 6/14/2007 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is the only shampoo I'll use. I have dry, curly hair, and dry angry scalp to match. Of course, I generally do not wash my hair with any shampoo(only water and conditioner), however ii do use it to maintain flake-free nirvana. This is the ONLY shampoo I've ever used that works consistently to control flakes, build up, dandruff, and scalp acne. It's a bit harsh and drying to the hair (try to use it only on the scalp, if you can) but a fantastic conditioner can fix that (I Like carol's Daughter and Pantene Relaxed or Natural Oil conditioner.

This product always works for me to get rid of my occassional [seasonal] dandruff. I use it when I need it...because, agreed, it is not the best shampoo for conditioning my hair. So whenever the flakes come back, I use it for about a week, and they're gone. It does what it says it does every time, which is why this one got 5 lippies from me.

on 6/14/2007 11:07:00 AM

UPDATE: I read somewhere that ketoconazole is toxic for long term use. So i switch to virgin coconut oil pre-shampoo treatment, as it is has anti-fungal and anti-viral properties. Rub VCO on your scalp, leave it for at least an hour (if i'm not busy usually overnight). Wash. I no longer suffer from dandruff. Also watch what you're eating. Too much refined flour and sugar also bad for our skin.

A HG for my scalp. Here's how i use it without making my hair looking dull and dry:
1. Wash your hair with nizoral, let it sit for about 5 minutes (to kill the fungus)
2. Rinse.
3. Wash with conditioning shampoo, the one that makes your hair soft (i use Dove)
4. Rinse, then put on conditioner like usual.
I've been having dandruff since my teenage years (i'm 30), but the last four years i do this as my regime and dandruff has gone ever since.
Nizoral also effective to cure the sebhorroeic dermatitis on my nosefold. Usually i have cracked skin in my nosefold, peeling, with burning sensation. Really disturbing if i put on any kind of makeup foundation because of the burning and the flakiness.
After reading in some website about sebhorroeic dermatitis can be cured with topical ketoconazole, i rubbed Nizoral onto the area, let sit for 5 minutes then rinse. Very satisfying result. Definitely will repurchase.

on 6/2/2007 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What PoeticDancer said. It works OK, but dries out my hair. It does have a nice lather, color and smell, and I like the tagline, "The Freedom Will Go to Your Head." How can you not like freedom? If there's actually any fungus on my head, I'm glad they're dead.

8/17/07: I'm giving this a five because it worked, when nothing else has for years. Now I only use it once in a blue moon. THANK YOU!

on 5/12/2007 11:03:00 AM

It works alright for dandruff but really dries out your hair.

on 4/15/2007 4:28:00 PM

i use this shampoo all the time. it really works. i've tried many of the anti-dandruff shampoos. they don't hold a candle. seems to be safe on my color treated hair too.

on 3/13/2007 3:12:00 PM

i thought this was better than neutrogena t-gel, and that is a pretty good product. i like that it doesn't have that coal tar smell. it is kinda drying but if you use this once or twice a week it should be fine.

Popular Shampoos