November 28, 2014 | 1852 users online

Shampoo - Nizoral AD Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2007 3:12:00 PM More reviews by flyyy372

i thought this was better than neutrogena t-gel, and that is a pretty good product. i like that it doesn't have that coal tar smell. it is kinda drying but if you use this once or twice a week it should be fine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2006 4:52:00 PM More reviews by vanbergc

I've just about given up on regular shampoo in the wintertime. Like DERMAdoctor suggests, I use an entire arsenal of dandruff/anti-itch shampoos, on an as-needed rotation. Nizoral works the best for me. I'll also use selenium sulfide (Head&Shoulders) and salicylic acid (Neutrogena). Zinc Pyrithione has never worked for me, in fact has made flakes worse (?is this possible?). I've also used Aveda's Scalp Benefits, but wouldn't buy again. I've used a plethora of health-food store brands with no luck. The older I've gotten (I'm 48), the worse my scalp has gotten, and I've fought using dandruff shampoos because I really want my hair to look like it used to when I was younger. I've finally given in to the fact that it ain't happening, and my hair is just going to look ratty, but my scalp will be comfortable. Sigh... I do have some hope that with the right daily conditioner, I can bring my hair back to a better state, but haven't found that product yet and I've tried a bunch. I do have to thank the gods for Nizoral though...scalpsaver in a bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2006 6:24:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

Great stuff. Really works...In fact, it is the only dandruff shampoo that has ever really worked on me, and I've tried them all. I still get some flakes and itchiness, but less than with coal tar shampoos, and forget about selenium sulfide (it doesn't do squat on me)...
UPDATE 1/24/08: I use this maybe once every couple of weeks...don't like the fact that it has SLS, so I shy away from it...I really think the main reason why my SD is under control is because of the Alterna Scalp Elixir I use (see my review for it). At least this product kills off the fungus...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2006 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Treasa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had a reaction to this after using it for awhile. I had great hopes, initially my dandruff appeared to be a little better, that was short lived! my hair follicles started to look red and inflamed and my scalp felt sore and irritated-i perservered and sad to say now my dandruff is worse than ever. It is very drying. It did not affect my highlights so that was the only plus. Won,t be using this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2006 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Neiddi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Within two uses, the horrible itching on my scalp was gone. I don't have visible dandruff or flakes, but as the weather gets cold i always develop bad itching. Thank's to Nizoral my scalp is now calm and itch-free. I use this once a week for maintenance.It does dry the hair out, but nothing a good conditioner can't fix.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2006 3:24:00 PM More reviews by huka07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This product really rocks. It is the only one which help my itchy and flaky scalp. One night, I was running out of Nizoral and had been using regular shampoo instead, my scalp was getting so itchy and flaking terribly, I scratch it like crazy, then decided at 2 am to run to rite aid to help my life.
Highend product with dirt cheap price.
God bless those whom created this shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2006 10:29:00 AM More reviews by SnowQueen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have psoriasis and everything I used up to now didn't work. Even dermatoligists prescriptions. But when I bought Nizoral over the counter version, it worked like a charm. What a difference, no more flakes or irritation. I highly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2006 6:56:00 AM More reviews by brightlight1219

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I must begin by saying that for a long time, I tried to get away with using other dandruff shampoos that were less costly such as neutrogena t-gel and head and shoulders per the recommendation of friends. With these products, I never saw results that lasted the way I have seen them with nizoral. It is the ONLY product that has eliminated my dry scalp. Before, my routine in the shower would include lathering with normal and dandruff shampoos a total of maybe ten times and flakes would still manage to reappear. Now, it is not necessary to scrub so hard or as many times, although I do recommend using a moisturizing shampoo in conjuction with this product. Though this product is on the pricey side, it is the only one that provides dry scalp/flake relief for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2006 11:38:00 PM More reviews by pagro1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only thing that works

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2006 9:23:00 AM More reviews by 17girl_ro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

about nizoral, well i tried it the first time a few months ago! it realy work`s . after 6 times using it, i saw great results... new i begin again with nizoral, because on the instructions it ses to be used 2-4 week`s (then a short brake) i hope you understand my not so good english, but i`m from romania