NYX Butter Gloss

4.5

Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, Ceresin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragran May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), D&C Red 6 Na Salt (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Ca Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 28 Al Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake (CI 15985:1), FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake (CI 19140:1).

on 8/11/2014 4:11:00 AM

I bought this in Crème Brûlée after seeing them in Ulta every time I went looking through the NYX makeup. I had never tried any NYX products, so I figured a nice gloss would be a simple thing to start with. I was so pleased with it! The color is nice and sheer but definitely true to shade. The texture is soft and moisturizing, never sticky or harsh, and the smell is wonderful! I ran back and bought Cherry Cheesecake and a gorgeous pink shade. And at 5$, they are a great dupe for Mary Kay Nourishine Plus gloss! I will definitely be picking up many more of these in the future!

on 8/10/2014 3:33:00 AM

I have 2 shades of this, Tiramisu and Apple Streusel. I really love it! It really makes your lips so soft and the colors are pretty! It's sheer, not thick like some glosses, and I have to reapply it a lot, so it isn't long lasting. I don't mind that. I haven't ever found a long lasting gloss. I definitely love this line of glosses.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

wowow these lip glosses are fast become my holy grail lip product, even though I bought mine a few days ago! I was a little hesitant in grabbing one as they're $10 were I live, but after reading amazing reviews I picked up èclair. oh my goodness I'm so glad I did, I can see why these are so ranted about on blogs and youtube! The shade is a perfect nude colour and it feels so creamy on my lips- the butter glosses by nyx are by far the most creamiest lipglosses I've ever worked with. It's also so non sticky and it lasts a long time and keeps it's colour. It also doesn't look smeary or cakes around dead skin if you have chapped lips- that's a big one for me because most of my lip glosses do that. I also find I don't have to put on a lip balm to moisturise my lips before I put it on, this lip gloss does it for me! It's a great 3in1 lip product to have- a lipgloss, a lip conditioner and a lip colour/lipstick. Nyx also have a great range of colours to choose from, so it's not hard to choose the right one for you, and the packaging is also really great and perfect for purses and travelling. Plus, these are pretty cheap compared to other lip glosses, so they won't break the bank. Definitely picking up more! So if your starting a make up collection or you already have a well established one, then you really need to invest in these because they're fab for the price and have amazing qualities that other lip glosses don't have.

on 8/5/2014 1:39:00 AM

I bought this in the color Fortune Cookie, and I love how it nudes and pale-ifies my pigmented lips, and makes them look luscious and plush. I'm just starting my 4th month of accutane, and I haven't worn any lip products except lip balm b/c my lips are ridiculously chapped, dry, and flaky, and even bleed sometimes. But I heard such amazing things about this gloss, including how moisturizing it is, so I thought I would give it a try. Oh my goodness, this gloss is seriously moisturizing and beautifully hydrating. I love the sponge tip applicator (b/c brushes tend to splay.. I'm giving you the evil eye Shiseido Luminizing Lip Gloss =/). I also love how inexpensive they are ($4.99). And the smell... oh my goodness, the smell - like sugar cookies, but very subtle, not strong and sickly. I may try other colors, but once I find a nude I love, I tend to stick with it. All in all, I'm glad I tried it and will continue to purchase!! :)

on 8/4/2014 2:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

So after seeing great reviews of these for months I just bought my first one. I have to say that I am a little surprised. What I am surprised about is this... I bought 2 glosses from ELF that are almost identical to these in texture and pigment. I got those for 1$. I was thinking these must be really something special from the reviews. I cant really tell much difference to be honest. These might be just a TAD bit smoother but not really so much that I notice it alot. I DO like the applicator and package better than the ELF. Its a tube that squeezes out and I dont care for it. These are pigmented (well the one i bought) about the same as the ELF are, which is fairly good for a gloss. I am not saying there is anything wrong with these at all. They seem to be quality glosses for DS. I did pay more for these tho 5$. Another good thing is that they have alot more color selection with these. So I guess its a toss up for me. If I want a different color, I would go back and buy these. The color I got ended up being about the same as the color I got of the ELF ( looked different in package to me) so I am set for a while with gloss lol.

Edit: So after wearing this for a while I have noticed something that has really caused me to stop wearing it. If you get any amount of it in your mouth, it has that old fashioned lipstick taste. I absolutley cant stand it so its a deal breaker for me. The taste lasts for hours and its awful. Took off 2 lippies for that and wont buy it again.

on 8/3/2014 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I want every single one of these. These are by FAR my FAVORITE drugstore glosses beside the Milani ones. These are glossy, creamy, pigmented and smell so freaking good. All of the colors are great.

These are not sticky, crappy, or sheer. They are totally my kind of gloss. I am not a gloss person but these are for me. They remind me of the Buxom lip cream glosses which are by far my favorite glosses ever.

on 7/31/2014 4:11:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have two colors. I appreciate the texture and pigmentation. The lasting power isn't too long, but reapplication isn't an issue because its doesn't appear streaky and all that.

Worth a try!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh.My.Gosh. NYX Butter Glosses are my favorite lip gloss in the long history of me wearing lip gloss! I bought my first gloss at the beauty store then bought several more colors at the local department store. I started off with Creme Brulee, which is a perfectly nude gloss for everyday wear, not too pale, not too pink, just nice and shiny. I then bought Apple Strudel, Peaches 'N Cream, which had a little more color but were still tame enough to wear to work. I then purchased Cherry Cheesecake and Peach Cobbler. At this point, my Doberman decided to eat my Apple Strudel gloss (probably because they smell SOOO GOOD!) and I cried a little, but then I got it the next day in my mail order subscription bag *hooray!*. I just bought Cupcake and Sugar Cookie, and plan on purchasing more as I find more colors in-store. I love the names of these glosses, which are apt because they have the best smell, like vanilla or cookies maybe, and they are wonderful to wear every day. They have a medium color payoff so you can definitely tell you're wearing a colored gloss but it is sheer and shiny and generally lovely. They're not sticky, they are nice and smooth and you can build up the color on your lips. As a long-haired lady, it sometimes becomes an issue for me to wear lip gloss in high wind conditions but I will just pull my hair back if it means I get to enjoy these wonderful glosses! They last fairly well, but they are a gloss so it obviously isn't as long lasting as a stain or matte lipstick, but in terms of gloss staying-power, they are great! They are inexpensive which means you can get the whole collection without breaking the bank! Overall, I have and will definitely repurchase these NYX Butter Glosses. The smell, feel, look, and pigmentation is great and the price is even better!

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I love these!!! I am normally not a gloss person and I heard about these, I was like 'non sticky' yeah right. It's a gloss. But I decided to try one anyway. First off I love the colors and they smell amazing! I couldn't believe how it actually felt creamy and smooth and wasn't sticky! I love these butter glosses :)

Love this! I have 2 of them, one in the color Tiramisu and the other one in the color Eclair. This is my favorite lip gloss since its not sticky, and surprisingly not TOO glossy. Its still glossy but more like a natural gloss. Price is also very cheap. This gloss is also very moisturizing, so you don't need to worry if you forgot to put on a lip balm before. Packaging is very simple, just like any other lip glosses, but this one looks cute tho. The only cons is probably the color doesn't stays on really long so you'll need to reapply after a few minutes/hours. I don't really mind since this is a lip gloss tho.. if you want a lip color that stays on long i recommend to use NYX's Soft Matte Lip Cream. Overall, this product is really nice, definitely one of my favorite makeup product ever! Will DEFINITELY repurchase!

Video Reviews & Tutorials