October 26, 2014 | 1194 users online

BB Cream - Lumene - Vitamin C+ Illuminating Anti-Age BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this based on the reviews here. I like it the best of the three I've tried. The color match of light is perfect and the coverage is just enough. I wear it more often than I thought I would. I'm blond with a fair-medium Scandinavian complexion and this works wonderfully. I will definitely repurchase!
Oh, I'm acne prone and this does not bother my skin at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

Couldn't agree more with most of the reviews on this. It really is fantastic. I was worried about there only being two shades but the Light works great for my NC25 skintone. This has awesome coverage and sets, yet still looks glowy, but not greasy at all. Love it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by AeonFlux

After reading all the reviews on this I really was excited to try it.
Well, I ended up returning it.
My skin is an NW20 and I found that this turned my face super orange. I even got it in the lightest color 01 Light. I don't know why it did that. It didn't look that way coming out of the tube. A lot of people said that this stuff doesn't oxidize but in the end, it did on my skin. Very disappointing. Oh, well...the search continues for my perfect BB cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by barnycat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an excellent product. I have never been able to wear liquid foundation. I've tried high end, low end, and everything in between. Without fail it oxidizes and turns orange or it slides off my face in a few hours, leaving a greasy mess. So I've used powder foundations for years. Now that BB creams are all the rage I did some research and Lumene was well rated, so I thought I would try it. I worried about the shade, as I'm very fair but with lots of ruddy undertones and Lumene only has 2 colors. I purchased this on sale for about 11 bucks in the 'light' shade. Best buy I've ever made on any foundation. It makes my skin look better but still natural. It stays in place for 6-8 hours with no touch up. No oxidation and no break outs. A little goes a long way, but it dries quickly so work fast. It almost soaks into the skin, the finish is lovely. The color is neutral and would work for any light color tone skin. A little powder and blush and I'm good for the day. This is truly a great product and I will continue to repurchase. Also, I've been using this for about a month, six days a week, and there is probably more than 75% left in the bottle. Good value.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by xmaryx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Normally I use the L'Oreal True Match Lumi foundation (It's my holy grail drugstore cosmetic product) but I prefer this BB cream now for the summer months because it's lighter and it has an SPF. It isn't full coverage so if you have dark spots or breakouts you'll have to use a concealer underneath it but it gives enough coverage to make your skin tone look brighter and even. The only down side for me was it made my skin a bit oily so I did still have to use powder. Otherwise, it's I'm really happy with this BB Cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by astronaughty

Wow. I don't write a lot of reviews but I have to on this one. This BB cream is basically perfect. Every time I wear it someone either tells me I "look great" or "wow your skin is so nice." Ha!

- Beautiful, skin like finish, like satin, doesn't look like make up at all (no cake, no dry flaking), it just makes you look like you have great skin
- Medium coverage, I have mild rosacea/redness/small red bumps and this BB covers it all, would probably not cover bad scarring or many big pimples but evens out skin perfectly
- Does NOT break me out, my skin is exactly how I left it when I take it off (which is a miracle, most make up gives me at least one pimple whenever I wear it)
- Lasts all day, I put this on around 11:30 am and it stayed on until I took it off at like 11 pm
- Brightens (I know, what does that even MEAN?) my complexion, I look like I'm "glowing"
- Cheap! Only $15 for an ounce (cheaper if you use a discount or there's a sale)

Just the best. I don't even want to buy any other BB cream, I will just keep rebuying this. I'm not even the target for this product. It's marketed for their anti-aging line and I'm only 22 but it's just the best.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by bali2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Amazing. I normally can only wear concealer as I'm very clog/acne prone and every tinted moisturizer, foundation, etc I've tried (which has been a lot) has broken me out. No breakouts or clogged pores from this. Even better is it evens out skin tone, brightens but doesn't look like you're wearing anything. Incredibly natural. Feels like you're not wearing anything, like you have bare skin. LOVE this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by scarmica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have only been using this product for about a week - but have to say this is the best bb cream I've tried so far (a list which includes Skin79 hot pink, Stila, L'Oreal, Garnier, Revlon, Marcelle, Annabelle, GOSH to name a few). Purchased at CVS for around $15 on a recent trip to Pittsburgh (I live in Canada). The color actually does blend to match your skin tone (usually Light is too light and Medium is too dark - this in Light matches me perfectly). I am oily and acne prone and so far no breakouts and no increased oil. (I do dust my t-zone with Black Opal oil blocking powder - awesome stuff as well). Beautiful satiny finish with light to medium coverage (I currently mix with Almay Clear Complexion liquid foundation and the two together provide perfect coverage of scars and blemishes).

The only drawback - why oh WHY does Lumene not sell in Canada?!?!? I brought two tubes of this home with me to last until my next trip to the US; otherwise I guess I'll be buying off eBay!

Definitely recommend especially to oilier skinned girls.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 8:33:00 AM More reviews by lindsaylapoet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I feel so strongly about this product that I want to spread the word so that it's never discontinued!! This works like a tinted moisturizer. On good skin days one coat of this is plenty for a polished look. On days when I'm splotchier, I build this up. TWo coats is enough for a flawless yet natural finish. I would say that this is probably more for oily or combination skin. It can accentuate dry , flaky areas. The finish is slightly luminous and wears well throughout the day. Has a pleasant citrus fragrance that reminds me of my old, discontinued holy grailL'oreal translucide foundation. Another bonus is that this photographs beautifully! I'm planning to keep this in my kit for bridal work. I've been using this consistently for two months and can't speak to the anti aging benefits just yet, but this will continue to be a repurchase so I will update. Really, give this stuff a go! It's a beautiful product and well worth the money spent.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

Wow this is a really great BB cream! The texture is not very thick and I had no problem applying it to my face without an additional moisturizer. You may have to try it over another moisturizer if you have dry skin. The coverage is good and it is not too sheer, which is so much better compared to tinted moisturizers. I have used a few different types of BB creams (Asian and American) and this one feels like it's the best combination of both worlds. It has the consistency of a smooth tinted moisturizer, it perfects the face, it makes you look more awake and luminous, and it also has good incredients in it and works as a skin care product. Plus SPFof 20 is a great bonus!
I usually have to mix my BB creams to get a perfect shade for my skin tone and the light shade of this BB cream was a dead on for my NC 20 (more yellow undertone). It feels very comfortable on the skin and even thought it doesn't claim to control oil it did not make face super shiny (I have oily combo skin). I had to powder my shiny areas during the day, but only once (I usually have to do it several times with other products!). I really cannot say enough of how nice this BB cream is!
Also, if you don't want to pay this much for a BB cream keep checking it's availability on ebay. I purchased mine for $8 brand new.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No