October 22, 2014 | 1407 users online

BB Cream - Tarte - BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by MyDearSophie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay, I really loved this. I wasn’t to since I had really bad experiences with makeup in the past and even stopped wearing for over eight months because I couldn’t find any that didn’t make my face a gross, oily, streaky mess. I had just about given up on makeup completely (figuring that it was hopeless and nothing was going to be right for my skin), but decided to try again and out of sheer luck, I came across this. The texture of this is hard to explain, but amazing. Very light, airy and smooth. Also, great coverage for a primer. I have acne scars on one cheek and it helped quite a bit in blurring them. It didn’t get oily on my skin throughout the day, did smooth out my skin texture AND stayed in place all day (even in 102 degree California heat on a beach day) under my bareMinerals READY powder. Even looks nice when worn alone, good for a quick trip to the store (quick application and you get some coverage along with SPF 30). I would definitely recommend this product, I see this as the kind of product that would work on many different skin types, except for maybe really dry skin types because I have oily skin and it still flakes a little on my dry spots if I forget to moisturize before rubbing this on.

Update: As i really love purchasing new makeup, i seldom keep using the same product for very long. However, it has been over a year and I am still loving this product and have repurchased (only once, as a 1 oz tube lasted me 6 months with daily use). Granted, It did not get as much use during the winter months as I now know that this can really cling to any dry patches on the skin even on someone with skin like mine, combination but mostly oily. Now that we are getting back into the 100+ degree weather days here in California, this is a godsend. I love to use this (with Tarte's own Amazonian Clay Concealer, which melts beautifully over the top of this, more so than with any other base product I have tried it with), under my Bare Minerals READY Tinted Touch-Up veil, and top that off with Makeup Forever's Cream Blush (in 410, a universally flattering coral shade) all these products together give the most beautiful "natural" summer look (I just thought I would mention something that might make a good combination of products for those, like me, with sensitive/combination skin as they transition into the hotter weather, and possibly want to "lighten up" their look:). This BB Primer is definitely the key to how smooth it looks, and gives me more confidence when up close to others as i know this is not making my face look cakey and overly done. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by yoyolanda

I'm surprised by the mixed reviews. I've been quite amazed with this BB. The mousse like texture feels so light and delicate on my face when so many BB's are heavy and greasy. Love the coverage. And there is a noticeable improvement in my skin's texture and clarity. Worth the money because it actually follows through with what it promises

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2013 3:15:00 AM More reviews by glittermaven

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I truly wanted to love this product. It made my skin look great and the color was a perfect match for me(Light, I have about NC 25 skin). BUT this stuff broke me out worse than any product I have ever used. And I don't just mean a little, I mean huge cystic acne on my forhead where I don't ever breakout. I stopped using it about 5 days ago and my skin still looks horrible. And it was pretty great before. I have no idea what is in this that caused my reaction but acne-prone folks beware--this one clogs pores :-(

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2013 4:19:00 AM More reviews by geanieLOL

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me tell you about this BBCream, and using the sample for a month, it really did improve the look of my skin. I've always hated my forehead because it had discolouration and wrinkles when I raise my eyebrows. I could see a huge difference with this baby. HOWEVER me being an oily skin girl, and I mean extremely oily having to blot every two hours... This alone didn't control my oil at all. But I experimented with it more and used my primer under and it kinda worked! The coverage is good for it being lightweight and you also can never go wrong with SPF but I think it's better to use a brush with this to build more coverage, if you try to do it with your fingers, it will look cakey. I think I'll try bare minerals next though

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by sunlovin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Tried this on the advice of the Sephora consultant as an alternative to Smashbox BB.
I actually love the way this looks on my skin--can get away with this alone-- and also love the way my foundation goes on over it when I want more coverage.

Unfortunately, I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and it clogs my pores : ( After wearing it for a few days I started to get whiteheads, then got the beginnings of a big gnarly zit. Luckily I was able to prevent a full-blown zit by using a scrub and a peel, but after that I didn't dare try it again.

I think I'll try the Lumene next as that seemed to get great reviews even from acne-prone users.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Hilarigh

I wanted to like this but it was just too drying on my normal/combo skin. It really accentuated my pores and fine lines so I took it back. I think this would be great for someone with oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I hate to wreck all the great reviews, but this stuff didn't work for me at all. I ordered light which is what I wore in the tarte 12 hour amazonion clay foundation with no problems, this color however seems a tad more orangy and wasn't exactly light. It accentuated my pores, fine lines and clung hard to the dry patches I didn't know I had. It seemed to fade fast after 6 hours, and all I saw in the mirror was an oily, dry patchy and parched mess (if that makes sense). I was hoping this would be amazing, the models on QVC sure looked it, but nope. Yes it goes on smooth and feels sorta velvety but after it's set, it looks pretty cakey and it oxidized on me. I used a tiny amount and even used it together with the brush that came with it. Oh well.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Reviewsonly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Holy crap, this stuff is amazing! My skin has many issues, and this takes care of nearly all of them. It's sheer, so with my acne scarring and hyperpigmentation, I do still need a very light dusting of my Bare Minerals, but I'm using about 1/4 of what I had been doing my face with. This BB cream really does take care of a multitude of sins - I hope to god that Tarte never discontinues this, or I'll be screwed!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by owlsforolivia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had been curious about using a BB cream for some time, and finally bit the bullet and went to Ulta for a reccomendation. The associate went for the Tart BB cream and I absolutely love it! I have some scarring from a previous bout with acne, but this covers well enough and evens out my skin tone wonderfully. The light, airy texture is amazing. I love everything about this product and would buy it again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by sugarfreepersonality

I'm almost halfway through my tube of this and I actually really like it! I find that once I put it on, I don't need much else to look decent. I was worried at first because it seems so translucent when I first put it on, but with time I realized it actually covers a lot and really evens out my skin tone. It does seem to catch onto dry, flaky sections of skin; it helps if you try to blend the cream in the same direction of the "flakiness". Anyway, the lightest color is just perfect for me and it spreads across my face like a dream... The texture took some getting used to because it's almost like blending air into your skin. Regardless of that, it's great and it has NOT broken me out, which I am unimaginably happy about! I love the SPF, love the company, love everything (except the price, but that can be dealt with).