September 21, 2014 | 1830 users online

BB Cream - Tarte - BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I hate to wreck all the great reviews, but this stuff didn't work for me at all. I ordered light which is what I wore in the tarte 12 hour amazonion clay foundation with no problems, this color however seems a tad more orangy and wasn't exactly light. It accentuated my pores, fine lines and clung hard to the dry patches I didn't know I had. It seemed to fade fast after 6 hours, and all I saw in the mirror was an oily, dry patchy and parched mess (if that makes sense). I was hoping this would be amazing, the models on QVC sure looked it, but nope. Yes it goes on smooth and feels sorta velvety but after it's set, it looks pretty cakey and it oxidized on me. I used a tiny amount and even used it together with the brush that came with it. Oh well.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Reviewsonly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Holy crap, this stuff is amazing! My skin has many issues, and this takes care of nearly all of them. It's sheer, so with my acne scarring and hyperpigmentation, I do still need a very light dusting of my Bare Minerals, but I'm using about 1/4 of what I had been doing my face with. This BB cream really does take care of a multitude of sins - I hope to god that Tarte never discontinues this, or I'll be screwed!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by owlsforolivia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had been curious about using a BB cream for some time, and finally bit the bullet and went to Ulta for a reccomendation. The associate went for the Tart BB cream and I absolutely love it! I have some scarring from a previous bout with acne, but this covers well enough and evens out my skin tone wonderfully. The light, airy texture is amazing. I love everything about this product and would buy it again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by sugarfreepersonality

I'm almost halfway through my tube of this and I actually really like it! I find that once I put it on, I don't need much else to look decent. I was worried at first because it seems so translucent when I first put it on, but with time I realized it actually covers a lot and really evens out my skin tone. It does seem to catch onto dry, flaky sections of skin; it helps if you try to blend the cream in the same direction of the "flakiness". Anyway, the lightest color is just perfect for me and it spreads across my face like a dream... The texture took some getting used to because it's almost like blending air into your skin. Regardless of that, it's great and it has NOT broken me out, which I am unimaginably happy about! I love the SPF, love the company, love everything (except the price, but that can be dealt with).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by sohysterical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love. LOVE. Super light and natural looking, stays matte all day, great ingredients. Hasn't broken me out and I've been using it close to a month, so I think I'm good. Not moisturizing as it claims though. I don't think it's drying either, but if you do have even the slightest dry patch, you will know about it. Its crucial to have your skin in really good condition before applying this. Beyond that I have no complaints. From what I can tell the shade range is decent and its so blendable that it almost doesn't even matter. After much deliberation I went with the shade 'light' (I am almost always the lightest color, but fair just looked SO fair and we're coming into summer anyway) and while it is a little dark, once it's on my skin you can't even tell - in any lighting, and trust me, I've checked. I'll probably purchase fair next time though for comparison. A little goes a long way and it feels really nice and smooth on the skin. The coverage is great, I don't wear foundation now that I've found this. New HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by tabbycam

I'm positively obsessed with this product!

A little history about me: I'm extremely pale with a neutral/yellow undertone (think NARS Siberia) and I have some leftover discoloration from a few truly memorable and frightening cystic pimples in addition to the general unevenness that most people have. My skin is combination (chin and nose get oily, the rest is very dry!)

I just can't stress how good this BB cream is. Before I found this, I was becoming a little distraught at how orangey every other BB I'd tried looked on me, because I have been just over how thick all foundations seem to be (even the ones that claim to be sheer) and I've been looking for a lighter option.

Tarte's BB cream, which I initially received as a sample and then rushed out to buy, has a lovely creamy texture which spreads easily so you don't need a lot of product. It's extremely easy to blend (I'm assuming one's properly moisturized before use, I can't really speak to what it's like to blend if you haven't done that) and the color is perfect on me. I use concealer, dust a little bit of Mac Skinfinish Natural afterwards and it really does look like my skin but better. Not too matte, not too shiny, just perfect.

Redness and discoloration is faded, but without the cakey look that foundations can bring. It lasts for most of the day, I just use oil sheets to blot maybe once or twice. If there's a color match for you here, I really can't recommend this BB cream enough! The best I've tried (and I've tried a lot.)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by moonsta

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I ordered this from the Q using their shade chart. It came with a fabulous little baby buki type brush!!! I ordered medium, which right now seems a tad darker than I need. But come summer, perfection!
I love how it feels, blends and smooths. I also like that it is SPF 30!! I don't think 15 is sufficient. Will I buy again, you bet!!!! And in the lighter shade for year round. I normally use a foundation, but I'm not fond of a heavy looking one. I've used Mally, BE and BE Ready, Bobbi Brown, Laura Geller. They all have a different coverage and use. My all time fave was LG's, but it didn't last all day. This does!!!
The Mallyone is also good, but seems "heavy"?? The brush is a small headed buki flat top style. It blends wonderfully. I'm sold!!!

PS: I have now ordered in the next lighter shade and am very happy. I do wish it had more golden tone to it, but it blends well. I like for all day wear!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by sisface23

I tried a sample of the Tarte BB cream from Sephora. I wanted to try it because of it being lightweight, light coverage, matte finish, and that it does not contain parabens. Unfortunately it broke me out. Also,the color was a little too light for me and the product sat on top of my skin. I only wore it for a couple of hours before I washed it off. I woke up this morning with two cystic pimples, which i don't usually get and in places that I don't usually get them (my temple and under my nose).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the first American BB Cream that I have tried and I love it. I usually always stick with the Korean BB's but this actually had some benefits so I thought i would give this a try. It goes on so smooth and my skin looked super even I only needed to conceal some small imperfections. What I love about Tarte is that their colours seem to match my skin so perfectly. There light truly fits my super pale NW15 skin tone.

I love how natural my skin looks like I'm not wearing any makeup at all. I like how you can use it as a primer or on it's own. So far I have only used it on it's own but I'm going to try fuller coverage with the Amazonian Clay Foundation. So far though as a Spring/Summer BB this is perfect because it has a spf of 30 and being on retin a I need all the protection I can get. I use Tarte's concealer as well. I also use the Maracuja Oil and my skin has never looked better. My fine smile lines are almost gone and my genetic forehead lines are diminishing.

I really like this BB cream and am happy with my first American version. I love the sheer coverage and how easy it blends and how good it feels on my skin. Especially for a product with SPF. Totally happy and highly recommended!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried at least 6 BBs and all have been too greasy or didn't have the right finish, shade, or caused breakouts, etc. I tried this one based on the great MUA reviews and I love it. I have the oiliest skin and this BB is absolutely wonderful for me so far. I don't think it would be good for dry skin though, as it seems a bit too mattifying. It feels kind of "silicony" when you first put it on, but blends very well and sets to a beautiful, satiny smooth--NOT dewy or "slippery" finish. It has buildable coverage with a great SPF, and although it's listed as a primer also, I wear it alone. I'm NC25-30 and LIGHT is a perfect match. It has yellow undertones which I like to tone down the redness..
**UPDATE: After a month or so of using this cream, I found that it started to become streaky after several hours and seemed to clog my pores probably because I am SO oily. Started breaking out on nose and chin after several weeks of using this, maybe all that silicone in it? I don't know, but had to switch.. :(