October 2, 2014 | 987 users online

BB Cream - Tarte - BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2013 4:19:00 AM More reviews by geanieLOL

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me tell you about this BBCream, and using the sample for a month, it really did improve the look of my skin. I've always hated my forehead because it had discolouration and wrinkles when I raise my eyebrows. I could see a huge difference with this baby. HOWEVER me being an oily skin girl, and I mean extremely oily having to blot every two hours... This alone didn't control my oil at all. But I experimented with it more and used my primer under and it kinda worked! The coverage is good for it being lightweight and you also can never go wrong with SPF but I think it's better to use a brush with this to build more coverage, if you try to do it with your fingers, it will look cakey. I think I'll try bare minerals next though

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by sunlovin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Tried this on the advice of the Sephora consultant as an alternative to Smashbox BB.
I actually love the way this looks on my skin--can get away with this alone-- and also love the way my foundation goes on over it when I want more coverage.

Unfortunately, I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and it clogs my pores : ( After wearing it for a few days I started to get whiteheads, then got the beginnings of a big gnarly zit. Luckily I was able to prevent a full-blown zit by using a scrub and a peel, but after that I didn't dare try it again.

I think I'll try the Lumene next as that seemed to get great reviews even from acne-prone users.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Hilarigh

I wanted to like this but it was just too drying on my normal/combo skin. It really accentuated my pores and fine lines so I took it back. I think this would be great for someone with oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I hate to wreck all the great reviews, but this stuff didn't work for me at all. I ordered light which is what I wore in the tarte 12 hour amazonion clay foundation with no problems, this color however seems a tad more orangy and wasn't exactly light. It accentuated my pores, fine lines and clung hard to the dry patches I didn't know I had. It seemed to fade fast after 6 hours, and all I saw in the mirror was an oily, dry patchy and parched mess (if that makes sense). I was hoping this would be amazing, the models on QVC sure looked it, but nope. Yes it goes on smooth and feels sorta velvety but after it's set, it looks pretty cakey and it oxidized on me. I used a tiny amount and even used it together with the brush that came with it. Oh well.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Reviewsonly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Holy crap, this stuff is amazing! My skin has many issues, and this takes care of nearly all of them. It's sheer, so with my acne scarring and hyperpigmentation, I do still need a very light dusting of my Bare Minerals, but I'm using about 1/4 of what I had been doing my face with. This BB cream really does take care of a multitude of sins - I hope to god that Tarte never discontinues this, or I'll be screwed!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by owlsforolivia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had been curious about using a BB cream for some time, and finally bit the bullet and went to Ulta for a reccomendation. The associate went for the Tart BB cream and I absolutely love it! I have some scarring from a previous bout with acne, but this covers well enough and evens out my skin tone wonderfully. The light, airy texture is amazing. I love everything about this product and would buy it again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by sugarfreepersonality

I'm almost halfway through my tube of this and I actually really like it! I find that once I put it on, I don't need much else to look decent. I was worried at first because it seems so translucent when I first put it on, but with time I realized it actually covers a lot and really evens out my skin tone. It does seem to catch onto dry, flaky sections of skin; it helps if you try to blend the cream in the same direction of the "flakiness". Anyway, the lightest color is just perfect for me and it spreads across my face like a dream... The texture took some getting used to because it's almost like blending air into your skin. Regardless of that, it's great and it has NOT broken me out, which I am unimaginably happy about! I love the SPF, love the company, love everything (except the price, but that can be dealt with).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by sohysterical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love. LOVE. Super light and natural looking, stays matte all day, great ingredients. Hasn't broken me out and I've been using it close to a month, so I think I'm good. Not moisturizing as it claims though. I don't think it's drying either, but if you do have even the slightest dry patch, you will know about it. Its crucial to have your skin in really good condition before applying this. Beyond that I have no complaints. From what I can tell the shade range is decent and its so blendable that it almost doesn't even matter. After much deliberation I went with the shade 'light' (I am almost always the lightest color, but fair just looked SO fair and we're coming into summer anyway) and while it is a little dark, once it's on my skin you can't even tell - in any lighting, and trust me, I've checked. I'll probably purchase fair next time though for comparison. A little goes a long way and it feels really nice and smooth on the skin. The coverage is great, I don't wear foundation now that I've found this. New HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by tabbycam

I'm positively obsessed with this product!

A little history about me: I'm extremely pale with a neutral/yellow undertone (think NARS Siberia) and I have some leftover discoloration from a few truly memorable and frightening cystic pimples in addition to the general unevenness that most people have. My skin is combination (chin and nose get oily, the rest is very dry!)

I just can't stress how good this BB cream is. Before I found this, I was becoming a little distraught at how orangey every other BB I'd tried looked on me, because I have been just over how thick all foundations seem to be (even the ones that claim to be sheer) and I've been looking for a lighter option.

Tarte's BB cream, which I initially received as a sample and then rushed out to buy, has a lovely creamy texture which spreads easily so you don't need a lot of product. It's extremely easy to blend (I'm assuming one's properly moisturized before use, I can't really speak to what it's like to blend if you haven't done that) and the color is perfect on me. I use concealer, dust a little bit of Mac Skinfinish Natural afterwards and it really does look like my skin but better. Not too matte, not too shiny, just perfect.

Redness and discoloration is faded, but without the cakey look that foundations can bring. It lasts for most of the day, I just use oil sheets to blot maybe once or twice. If there's a color match for you here, I really can't recommend this BB cream enough! The best I've tried (and I've tried a lot.)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by moonsta

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I ordered this from the Q using their shade chart. It came with a fabulous little baby buki type brush!!! I ordered medium, which right now seems a tad darker than I need. But come summer, perfection!
I love how it feels, blends and smooths. I also like that it is SPF 30!! I don't think 15 is sufficient. Will I buy again, you bet!!!! And in the lighter shade for year round. I normally use a foundation, but I'm not fond of a heavy looking one. I've used Mally, BE and BE Ready, Bobbi Brown, Laura Geller. They all have a different coverage and use. My all time fave was LG's, but it didn't last all day. This does!!!
The Mallyone is also good, but seems "heavy"?? The brush is a small headed buki flat top style. It blends wonderfully. I'm sold!!!

PS: I have now ordered in the next lighter shade and am very happy. I do wish it had more golden tone to it, but it blends well. I like for all day wear!!!