September 17, 2014 | 756 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Whisper

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by fatttoad909

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased the oh la lilac, and I LOVE it!! Feels very nice and light, not sticky or heavy on the lips. It does seem to wear off without eating or drinking anything, but this color is very easy to apply. Want to get pin up peach next.
I found them for $4.99 at target!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by lavenderwig

I AM OBSESSED WITH PINUP PEACH. Spring is here so I'm forcing myself to move on from the fall black cherries and plums my lips were colored with. I've never liked neon colors, which unfortunately is a spring 2013 trend. :( I've always liked a totally natural look, or natural with a pop of something. Fall was smoky eyes, dark lips, I couldn't think what to do to go with the sunshine of the new season. A lot of the time I have an errand to run, and when I'm done I kind of have shopping therapy (or at least look and read everything and zone out for a few hours). So I thought, spring is light, I love the L'oreal colour riche balms, but I want something new.. I checked out Maybelline color whisper. The second I saw Pinup Peach, I was excited, and when I tried it on I knew I had to have it. I am half korean, half caucasian, always the lightest shade in things. This satisfied my "natural with a pop" craving. Cus it's sorta close to my natural lip color, sorta going towards neon, more like a brighter natural coral pink. if you were photographed in this, your lips would not be missed. the formula is so hydrating, smooth and light. it's great applied normally or with a brush. if you need a new, inexpensive, great-quality lip color get pinup peach from the maybelline color whisper line. I can't say for any of the other colors, because I've found that a formula can be different depending on the color, so I can only speak for one for now. :>

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Jiyapiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The texture of this lipstick is wonderful - and after having worn it for three days, I can say it doesn't dry lips out! It doesn't have any funky taste or perfume. The color is nice, visible, but not in your face. This shade is not particularly my favorite (mauve), but it's still wearable. Gonna buy it in the blush color next.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

I'm love all these new lipgloss/balm/lipsticks in one products and I must confess I buy all of them. I didn't like the revlon lip butters as much as the majority did, but I LOVE maybelline whispers!! I have pin up peach - which was ok (it covered the natural pigmentation of my lips) and rose of attraction - which I Love!!!
It's very moisturizing and pigmented, it left my lips kissable and non flaky. It had more colour payoff than the l'oreal lip balm but less drying than the revlon lip butters :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by mariaralex

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wayyyy better than lip butter- amazing colors & super moisture!!! I have #25 & #75 and will try a few more;) Def. reccommend!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryDuck

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wear this in Pin-up Peach and I looks wonderful on my lips! The colour is very natural looking and makes my skin look whiter.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by drawkcabackward

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I own two of these and I think they're a great price. I often wear them alone without chapstick underneath and they don't dry out my lips. However, they do remind me of the Maybelline Baby Lips. They have a slight scent (somewhat reminiscent of Fruity Pebbles) and they smell like the blue normal chapstick from Baby Lips. The texture of the actual lip product reminds me of Baby Lips as well, but the only difference is that it's more pigmented. And when I say pigmented, I mean pigmented. It's obviously sheer if you apply a little, but after putting a lot on (and reapplying it, as I do) I always find that it stains my lips even after not applying it for a long time. Of course, this could just be because I bought two brighter/darker colors that could just be more pigmented (Berry Ready and Make It Mauve). I like these, I'll definitely repurchase. I don't think they're really comparable to the Revlon Lip Butters because those are more creamy and this one actually feels like a chapstick that you can wear for everyday use. I would recommend these as well because they sell for a good price (cheaper than the lip butters) and they seem to last for a good time. My only complaint is that some of the colors are really close to each other in packaging and it's hard to tell which colors which when you're pulling it out of your bag, which means you have to look at the bottom of the packaging and decipher which one you have. Besides that, the packaging is cute, I just wish they had the clear window at the top or at least a color swatch on the bottom.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just purchased One Size Fits Pearl based on reviews for this product. I absolutely LOVE it! I have fair skin and love a nude-ish lip. This is slightly pink and it is very feminine. It glides on smoothely and my lips feel so soft. I really like the texture of this. Will purchase again. Wish I could find more nude shades of this ---

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Sellee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've compared the Maybelline Color Whisper lipsticks to the Revlon Lip Butters and prefer Maybelline's formula a little bit more, however I do like the shades/colors that the Lip Butters have to offer more so than the Color Whispers.
This is nice if you're just transitioning into wearing lipsticks, but it's definitely not for long-term wear throughout the day. I find myself having to reapply very often, but I do mess with my lips a lot when I know there's something there, so it'll probably be different for someone who's used to wearing makeup. It feels very light, I almost don't notice it there when I'm wearing it, even if I apply a heavy layer. It's not very moisturizing, and in fact I feel like it makes my lips drier after wearing. The price isn't bad for a drug store product, but at about $6 a tube, it's a bit expensive for me because I'm on a budget. The two colors I have tried are the Orange Attitude and Made It Mauve, both look great and are very sheer. The orange in particular is my favorite because it's very wearable and I've been looking for a color just like it for a long time, but I'm not one for wearing makeup often so it's good when I just want a bit of color without having to commit as much as a regular lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by NicoleRay719

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Had a coupon and got money for a rebate so this was only $2. "One size fits Pearl" love that its an almost sheer shimmery color. Will be great for the summer or days (in general) when I can get away with minimal makeup. It's soft, neutral, and moisturizing. And for $2? I'm sold :-)