December 20, 2014 | 1627 users online

Eye Primer - Wet 'n' Wild - Fergie Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by lashandbrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am in the minority here. I HATE THIS STUFF.

It feels like glue and looks like chalk. So for those of us girls who go natural with their eyeshadow --- it ruins that look.

HOWEVER: if you don't mind your eyeshadow looking slightly chalky ---- this did show color better than any other high end primer I have used. (I don't need darker color because again I am going natural)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by MIchW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for a few weeks now, and it really does keep my shadow and liner from smudging for about 10 hours. No creasing, and no mascara flakes. Plus, the tube is sanitary and easy to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by RutgersGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

I am in love with this primer. HG all the way. I have tried several HE primers, including the raved UD and this one is just better. I realized I HAD to write a review yesterday when I was washing my face at 10pm and I noticed my shadow and liner looked PERFECT, the same as it looked at 5AM when I applied it!!!! (the rest of my face however is another story =/ ) This primer can be found at walgreens and cvs and is super cheap, only about $5.99 and often on sale so you can usually get it for around $3. It comes in a little black tube that you squeeze to get the product out. The consistency is smooth and creamy,similar to that of UDs, but I feel like it blends a little better. I also use a tiny bit under my eye before i put concealer on. Also there is a lot of product in each tube, even when I think I am running out of it I still seem to get another 3 weeks of product! There is nothing that this product needs to improve on, it's perfect. Everyone should give this a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by l0laxc0la

Holy macaroni. I bought this out of necessity because I forgot to pack my UDPP on a trip. And I am so glad I did. This is the best primer I have ever used, hands down, ever. OK so I haven't used that many, but I've tried Benefit Stay Don't Stray, UDPP, and Elf primer and they ALL crease on me within a few hours!!!!!!!!!!!! I've had my eyeshadow on since 10 AM, it's 6 PM now and NO creases in sight.

This stuff is amazing and a fantastic deal. Makes your cheap stuff wear like HE e/s. Will definitely rebuy and am thrilled to not have to waste time looking for other primers!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by alasia1

This is the best BEST eyelid primer I've ever used in my life. I've used UDPP I've used elf, I've used so many and I just never had any luck, I have such oily lids and after 2 hours my lids would look like it had a line of mud in the middle. So I gave up wearing eyeshadow for about a year, I heard so many good things about this and It's only about $5, So I went and got it and tried it for the day and OMG! Perfection, it makes the colors bolder, and it lasts, literally lasted 10 hours for me and it was still working after that! Since It's the Fergie line I'm sure it will be discontinued and it makes me really sad, literally. But I'm going to get as many backups as I can. This is one of my favorite products I've ever bought, i would pay so much more for it, but I'm glad I don't have to!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by ButterflySami

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amazing! I have the oiliest of oiliest eyelids. This works. FYI - eyeliner that is awesome for oily lids = Pixel brand. I found it at Ulta.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by OHgrl315

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just as good, if not better than Urban Decay's eye shadow primer!! I worked as a makeup artist and I will be the first person to say this product is FRIGGIN awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! and for only $4!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

HG primer. I really hope this doesn't get discontinued (although sadly I think it is limited edition being part of the Fergie collection). I bought this at Walgreens (Retail $4.99, coupons are available in their flyers for $1 off WnW frequently).

My eyes: I have slightly hooded eyes, so everything creases and most liners disappear in minutes.

I'm beyond impressed with this primer - I own a lot of different primers: L'oreal Decrease, Guerlain, 3 Urban Decay primer potions (Sin, Original, Eden), NARS Smudge Proof Base, Clinique all about shadow, TooFaced shadow Insurance, MUFE eye prime, Smashbox photofinish, Benefit Stay don't stray (AWFUL!), MAC Prep+Prime Eye, Milani, plus more that I can't even remember the names of. So I'm a bit of an eyeshadow primer whore :) But this really stands out in my book - I tried this first with a few eyeshadows I had that were destined for the bin: one neutral quad from Rimmel and also Maybelline, I just couldn't get them to show up on my skin nevermind stay on for more than 5 minutes, they were too sheer, dusty and chalky. The minute I put this on my eyelids, they all went on darker, richer and VIBRANT. The matte colours weren't flaking off or dry. It stayed all day till about 1am when I washed my face before going to sleep. Crazy. And I had tried these eyeshadows with several other primers thinking it was no use, the eyeshadow was just too cr*ppy, and then this $4 primer blew all the others out of the water.

Since I got this primer, I haven't been using any others. I'm paranoid about this disappearing, so I even went back to Walgreens and bought all 4 packages left on the display. It's great even underneath the eyes before concealer to prevent any creasing, and I use it underneath blush or under foundations too when I have to work long hours. It dries quickly to a sheer, non-sparkly slightly nude (similar colour to UDPP original) shade that blends in perfectly, lasts all day, can make even the poorest quality shadows worth using, and it's cheap - what more could you want? I wish WnW would make this in a big bottle or a primer version for the face that's just as good as this.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by mleavey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS. Paid $5 at Walgreens in VA vs. $20 for high end products and it's awesome!! I am shocked at how much I like this...even better than UD but maybe that's because I know I paid $15 less! But seriously, a must buy primer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

4:15am wake up. Makeup at 4:25am. 7:00am flight (2 hours). Meetings. 4pm flight (2.5 hours). 7:30pm home. 8pm removed makeup. Eye makeup and concealer were PERFECT. No fine line settling. Concealer lasted. Eye shadow did not move. Pencil liner wings in place. Some minor mascara smudging under one eye. I am beyond impressed. This outperformed Lorac, UDPP, UDPP anti aging and NYX - which also is a great primer.

PROS:
- cheap & good amount product
- thick but not too thick
- tacky enough for product to cling but dry enough to blend
- did not dry out my undereye and we are talking 2 flights in 1 day
- filled any fine lines under eye making this oldish lady happy
- sanitary (no doe foot - looking at you Nyx) but rather tube
- dried quickly (again looking at you Nyx)
CONS:
- really none it's quite the gem

Well done WnW - love the game you bring to my eyes between this and your shadows.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No