April 18, 2014 | 1250 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by FitzBunny

I have sensitive, acne-prone skin. I haven't been able to find a liquid foundation that works for me--they either break me out or slide off my oily areas, HOWEVER, I was truly impressed with this foundation. It has medium to full coverage, lasts through the workday (with 1-2 touch ups), and does not feel heavy. Revlon Colorstay feels like paint on my face, but this foundation feels natural. I am on my 3rd bottle and will continue to use it, unless I find something better. Be forewarned, this foundation does oxidize slightly. I would recommend this foundation to anyone with oily or acne prone skin because it does not slide off my face like most liquid foundations, or break me out. This foundation also covers scars quite nicely, BUT can flake around any dry patches.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by KrazaieAzn

This is a little pricey for a drugstore product. I bought it for $8 or $9. I think $8 and some odd cents. The packaging is good. I like that it has a locking pump. And the cap. I've read that people's caps have broken. I haven't had that happen yet. Coverage is medium-full. It's blends easy and has a matte like finish. I wouldn't say completely matte. But not completely Dewey either. Maybe somewhere in between? Overall, great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2014 3:48:00 AM More reviews by rawivy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ugh. This foundation seems to work for a lot of people, but sadly not me! First off, finding a decent color match is hard because this stuff oxidizes. After looking at swatches, I decided to get the color "classic ivory". For my pale skin with yellow undertones it's okay, though a little bit too dark for me.

I have VERY oily skin in my t-zone, and dry skin everywhere else. No matter what foundation I use, my forehead ends up looking like an oil slick by the end of the day. I had super high hopes for this foundation because I've heard that it's awesome for controlling oil. However, after maybe 2-3 hours my skin looks shiny even in places where I'm not usually oily??

The other thing is that no matter how I apply it, or how much I apply, I always end up with cake-face. I've applied using brushes, a sponge, my fingers, and nothing works. My pores look huge, my skin bumpy, AND it looks like I'm suffocating it all under ten pounds of makeup. Which I don't really understand, I only use 3/4ths or so of a pump??

So it looks bad just after I've applied it, but after 2 hours it starts to get even worse. That's when I get shiny, and the foundation also separates on my nose and cheeks (Maybe because I have dry skin there? I have no clue), so my skin looks patchy and gross.

Oh, and this stuff caused acne all over my chin. Luckily everything cleared up after I stopped using it!

Seriously, this foundation is SO gross on my skin. I have no clue why, I've read SOOO many rave reviews. However, whenever I use this, I just want nothing more than to scrub it off my face after a few hours.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Dabsykins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I honestly dont know how I feel about this.. Been using it for a month now. My shade is medium beige. I love the consistency of it. Super smooth and blendable. no foul smells or anything. It covers so well! I have acne and redness and old acne scars. and the pump! THANK YOU COVERGIRL! i use 1.5 pumps for a full coverage application. I use my fingers mostly, but sometimes a flat top brush if I feel like taking my time getting ready. I always set it with a little bit of powder, either rimmel stay matte or PP youth something powder. ( note : this product does oxidize!! its winter now so itll match me perfect for the spring months) But this is by no means an all day foundation. I can only get about 4-6 hours of it and then when I look in the mirror it has a weird look to it.. as if its breaking down or something. Definitely oily, even with the powder. and I feel like if I touch up with more powder its cakey looking? maybe I need to look into different powders?

I dunno.. I like it! but Its not what i reach for in the morning if I know I have a full day of work and school and general life!

oh!! and it will transfer. like if you go to hug someone.. your hug (ie face) will linger on their shoulder. lol

Im currently saying yes to re-buy cuz I havent made up my mind yet...we will see as I continue using it

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by VirginiaWeese

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Grey

before buying this product, I had read many reviews on it. More than there should be said stay fabulous made them break out into painful cystic acne bumps. I already have extremely acne prone skin, so buying this meant taking a chance. For the first few days, I LOVED this foundation. it covered most of my scars without looking cakey and it felt very light on my skin. Though it oxidised on my face, I still loved it. After a while I started breaking out badly. Into painful bumps all over. I tried to convince myself it wasn't the foundation but after a while I couldn't deny it. I really wanted to like this foundation, and it really sucks that I cant use it. The pain isn't worth it. Be very careful before you buy this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2014 7:39:00 AM More reviews by spiderleenie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Short review: This is a good foundation. It doesn't beat my love for the ever-reliable, and the ever-wonderful Revlon ColorStay, though.

The positive: If I am going out for a few hours (like dinner, for example), I would say that this is a great foundation to wear. It blends really nicely, it has a really nice finish, I was fortunate enough to find a great match for my skinstone, etc. Also, I find that it works really well when I double it up as a concealer!

The negative: This fortunately hasn't oxidized on my skin when I've worn it for a long period of time, but it certainly breaks down in my t-zone (since it tends to get oily). The foundation doesn't "outlast" as much as I would like. Because of this, I personally wouldn't wear it if I were wearing makeup for an entire day, or if I'm doing any activity that would make me sweat (I wouldn't recommend this for a club, a wedding, or prom). I can wear Revlon ColorStay ALL day, and that stuff doesn't budge (especially if I use a primer and/or setting spray)! This foundation ... Not so much.

Overall, I'd say that this is one of my favorite drugstore foundations, due to its blendability, its coverage, and how nice it looks on my skin. It's not something I'd wear for on a long and strenuous day, though.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2014 5:30:00 AM More reviews by iheartmakeup12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I loved everything about this foundation minus the millions of clogged pores I got after wearing it. This foundation has talc in it, so if you break out easily from talc then I would stay away from this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Kiwi17

I did my research a bit on this foundation and found that it can oxidize on your skin, so that really scared me. However, I decided to save up on some dough so I can purchase this. First off, color selection is REALLY hard to choose because 1) The shades in the container look either lighter/darker than what you're looking for when you apply it 2)Because of the oxidation you're obligated to find a lighter shade than your skin tone.
When you're looking for the shade, choose one thats maybe a hair lighter than your skin tone. When the oxidation takes places it'll match your tone.
ANYWAYS, about the application, I thought it went on wonderfully! It's very smooth and leaves a silky finish. I use the elf Powder brush to stipple and buff it in place. The scent smells kinda sweet, and a little DEFINITELY goes a long way, like maybe half a pump to 3/4 is good enough for your entire face. This foundation really does tackle my oily skin, from the typical 9 to 5 Unfortunately I still have to blot my face and powder from time to time because I have an excrutiatingly oily T zone, more so on my nose. But if your T zone is average, this'll do just fine. Although there's spf, there's no ghost face when taking photos. I've been using this foundation for almost a year now, and no break outs, no nothing!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by PaleInComparison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The price of this is a little high for drugstore foundation, but considering the coverage and awesome color match I will still buy it. This is a good foundation for bad skin days because it really does cover everything, but it does slip a little if you don't set it with some sort of powder. This has much better coverage than most medium coverage foundations out there, it's not flawless but the consistency is good and blendability is great. You can apply multiple coats without it getting too cakey but I like that it feels light, almost like a heavily tinted mousturizer, when you put it on. I would recommend oil blotting sheets if you plan to wear this for long periods of time.

One big con would be the packaging, the plastic cap gets covered in foundation and falls off regularly. About 1/3 of the product was left when the pump stopped picking up product, so I have to tap it out of the top if I want to use it. I wouldn't say covergirl has particularly good packaging though, so I wont judge it entirely on that. For the six months I've been using this foundation, it's given me relatively few problems and even if I try others, I keep coming back to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by 123lluuppee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

impressive! ...Cant belive its drugstore let alone Covergirl! ...wow!