December 18, 2014 | 1670 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by ELLEGIIRL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product because it was raved as a cheaper dupe for the YSL gossy stains. Sadly, nope. These may work for you if you have less pigmented lips and want a darker shade on your lips. They feel very nice and have minimum transfer. However, I got the shade in "Pink Resistance" which doesn't show up on me at all. It just looks like I'm wearing a tinted chapstick. Also, after wearing this for a day, my lips were super dry and peeling. However, my lips do peel after wearing most lip products.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by BabyTheStarsShineBright

Infinite Fuchsia is a bright mauve/ berry shade that looks good when you first apply it, but it fades unevenly. I tried the tips posted on here with this product but I was not satisfied with its lasting power. I applied one layer, waited for it to set, then applied a second layer. After two hours, the color had completely faded from my upper lip and the outer edge of my lower lip, leaving a patchy, feathered, fuchsia stain only on the center of my lower lip. Someone actually approached me to ask if my lips were bleeding! That was when I knew this product wasn't working for me.

I would describe the texture as a watery gloss. It applied smoothly but I did have to run my finger around the edge of my lips to get a clean line. The color was very flattering on my lips but it was also very drying and made my lips flake worse and worse throughout the day.

I bought mine at Ulta and I did not like how the products were not sealed in any way. When you are buying a lipstick you can usually tell if someone had swatched it or used it before you, but it's nearly impossible with lipgloss packaging.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

L'Oreal's new Colour Caress Wet Shine Stains have been all the rage since they came out in January. After seeing my friend and fellow blogger Carly talk about them I decided I needed to start hunting for them. L'Oreal says that this stain thinks its a gloss...silly stain! Anyway. L'Oreal claims that their Colour Caress Wet Shine Stains "combines the powder of a lip stain with lip gloss luster. This next generation lip stain, formulated with a blend of of light hydrating oils and concentrated pigments, delivers lasting color with a glossy finish. Packed with 30% water, Colour Caress Wet Shine Stains leaves lips soft, comfortable, and hydrated for up to six hours. Lip stain power gives fresh color that feels barely there. Lip gloss shine delivers a lacquer shine and non-sticky feel." L'Oreal offers twelve shades of their Colour Caress Wet Shine Stains, I had a very difficult time selecting a shade, so I went with my go to hue, coral, and picked up Coral Tattoo. These lip stains are often compared to YSL's lip stains, but that's also been contested by several bloggers. I can't confirm or deny it, as I've never even touched a YSL product. Each Colour Caress Wet Shine Stain retails for roughly $10, I believe I paid about $8 for mine at Target. Unfortunately L'Oreal does test on animals.
Packaging for this drugstore lip product is surprisingly reminiscent of something you'd find at Sephora as opposed to Rite Aid. The shape of the tube is hard to describe, it's somewhere between conical and triangular. The uniquely shaped tube is made of mirrored gold plastic. The square base twists off to reveal a thin, flexible, fuzzy, petal shaped applicator. At first I wasn't so sure about the applicator, but I've actually come to like it. Its comfortable on the lips and it's unique shape allows you to apply product in a variety of ways depending on how you angle the applicator. One of my favorite points of this product's sleek packaging is the little window that allows you to see the shade. A L'Oreal emblem can be found on the front of the tube. The shade name and number can be found on the bottom of the tube.
The formula of L'Oreal's Colour Caress Wet Shine Stains is interesting. L'oreal boasts that the formula contains 30% water, and judging from the consistency, I'd believe it. This lip stain is pretty thin..not so watery that it drips, but it's thinner than any other gloss or liquid lip stain I've used before. Application is ok, but you need to apply it slowly, in coats. Two coats gives the best pay off, in my experience. I don't recommend rubbing your lips together immediately after application, like many of us tend to do, because it will cause all the product to transfer on to one lip and gather all in one spot. The Colour Caress Wet Shine Stains take a while to dry. I have a few claims to debunk now. No sticky feeling? Only partially true, it isn't sticky, but these lip stain/lip gloss hybrids have a slight but noticeable tackiniess to them. Also, moisturizing, hydrating, and comfortable? My butt. The Colour Caress Wet Shine Stains have wrecked my lips. Not quite so bad as Revlon's Cherry Tart Lip Butter did, but pretty bad. This stain gives me dry, flakey, sore lips that aren't healed by anything but Lush's Bubblegum and frequent application of Maybelline Baby Lips. These stains do wear very well though. L'Oreal says 6 hours, but I'd say more like four. The Colour Caress Wet Shine Stains stay glossy for about an hour, then dry down to a stain that lasts several hours. The stain fades unevenly, so you may want to reapply before all the color is worn away.
Coral Tattoo is a great shade! Even though I'm not crazy about this product's formula, the color almost makes up for it. Coral Tattoo can't really make it's mind up about what kind of coral it is. In the tube, Coral Tattoo looks like a bright pinky-red coral, but it applies to my lips in a near orange hue. Where Coral Tatto really gets interesting is that after the glossy finish wears away, this shade dries down to a very intense, matte, red orange. It still has a coral tone, but it really pulls much redder than when first put on. How intense Coral Tattoo will appear depends on how many coats you apply. One coat is quite sheer, three is very strong. Two coats is a happy medium, at least for this shade, I can't speak for the other eleven.
L'Oreal's Colour Caress Wet Shine Stains are...different. They're ok, nothing phenomenal though. The packaging and applicator look like that of a much more expensive product. The formula is very lightweight and long wearing, at least by my standards. However I find the Colour Caress Wet Shine Stains to be very drying and damaging to my lips, a gloss or balm is definitely a necessity for me when I wear this product. Coral Tattoo is a strong shade that leans very reddish orange, so keep that in mind when purchasing. I won't be buying any more of these lip stains, but I'll keep it on hand for days when I want a bold, long lasting lip. I only recommend L'Oreal's Colour Caress Wet Shine Stains if you don't have easily chapped lips, otherwise these will be a pain.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by albs

I have this in the shade "Rose On and On". I like it, it feels very strange when you apply it, cool and watery. I usually apply at least two or three coats and it sets to a slightly tacky, glossy finish. The colour changes to a redder, slightly bolder pink on my lips than how the shade appears in the tube. It stains my lips a bit but I don't find that this shade wears off nicely enough to go without either retouching or removing it. I like it but I don't love it, there are other lip products that I prefer. I may repurchase a different shade at some point in the future but for now I'll just use this one up.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by chali26re

Gahhh, incredible product! I have the lilac shade and I cannot stress enough how PERFECT the color is. I'm fair skinned with a slight tan, blue eyes and light brown hair. This is PERFECT. Magazine cover lips. Perfect consistency, perfect finish.... just perfect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by saarahkb4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wasn't expecting much from these lip stains and I was very impressed! Being the serial dater I am I was looking for something that looked kissable, gave a nice wash of color and I didn't have to worry about reapplying! I bought Smashbox limitless lip stains in January and was so disappointed, but these trump it! They have a nice glossy finish (easy to blot off), the stain is long wearing, and despite being a little tacky it isn't sticky and gross. Lips look pouty and pretty. I'm wearing the hottest shade of pink in the line and it looks awesome on my NW 15 skin! I'm going back for more, and I love the packaging. Everything about them reminds me of YSL glossy stains I was really reluctant to spend the money on. I found the scent a little overwhelming the first application but it disappears so quickly it's hardly worth mentioning. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't believe I have the words to express how much I adore this product. The first time I applied it, my mind was blown ~ my poor husband had to listen to me yammer on and on about how amazing it is. A few weeks prior to purchasing this, I'd dropped way too much cash on the YSL gloss stain, which proved to be a major disappointment. Because of that experience, I wasn't expecting much from the L'oreal version, but man, was I wrong. Currently I only have this in Eternally Nude, but I'll be purchasing more colors this weekend (thanks to Walgreens' sale).
Even now, as I sit here typing this review, I can't get over how incredibly creamy this feels on my lips. It has staying power, but no tackiness, and it doesn't leave that odd line of "goo" that the YSL version does. I adore it - I hope they never discontinue!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, dry lips in a dry desert.

Updating my review! If worn for a full day, DRYING PAINFUL lips for 2 days afterwards. Of the 3 I purchased, I really liked the Endless Red... 2-3 coats creates a beautiful, deep red.. but the formula was patchy and just a not-worth-the-tightness-afterwards effect. I ended up getting the YSL #10 which is the comparable color, not as a deep red as the L'Oreal but the formula does not dry out the lips after a full day.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by graceyk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product reminds of the YSL lip stain. I really like It. I got it in endless red, and it is very pigmented. When I was deciding on a color at CVS, most of the colors in the tube seemed too light, which is why I got endless red. It shows up much brighter on my lips than what it looks like in the tube. I think it's more of a pinkish red than red. I love the consistency, and it isn't drying. I am trying to decide which colors to buy next.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 4:27:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

I applied the tester at the drugstore and was amazed how beautifully it was scented and how soft it felt on my lips. I tried Venus and Lollipop (the the colors available here in Asia). The color just glides on smoothly. The gloss feels so light weight. It gives just a hint of stain on your lips... like u just had something spicy and your lips turn in color... it looks natural like you`re not wearing any lippie at all. I would pair this with strong eye makeup. I will buy this cos it smells sooo nice right under my nose! The packaging is so light and I like the gold casing.