July 31, 2014 | 1859 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 4:27:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

I applied the tester at the drugstore and was amazed how beautifully it was scented and how soft it felt on my lips. I tried Venus and Lollipop (the the colors available here in Asia). The color just glides on smoothly. The gloss feels so light weight. It gives just a hint of stain on your lips... like u just had something spicy and your lips turn in color... it looks natural like you`re not wearing any lippie at all. I would pair this with strong eye makeup. I will buy this cos it smells sooo nice right under my nose! The packaging is so light and I like the gold casing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Gift from a fellow MUA'er who has the same exact skintone, NC40. I would classify this as "supermarket gloss' meaning it's what I like to grab on Sunday mornings to run errands in. It's sheer, it's long lasting it does not dry out the lips and the color is the exct same shade as my natural lip color; a mauvy/pinky/nude.

It took a few minutes for my lips to "get" the texture...it's moisturizing but there is a sticky component to it as it wears off. Because it is the same tone as my lips, the shine stays, but the color pay-off I cannot vouch for as this is literally the same colour as my lips. It's shot through with a fine gold sparkle which is great since my skin tone naturally as a a lot of gold in it.

The packaging is very compact and clean, high-end looking and is small enough to fit in a pocket or even the tiniest make-up bag - another plus. I would love to purchase one in a deeper shade so I can really test out the formula for staying power. For now, I'm really happy to have had this as a gift as I'd always wanted to try it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by kikidoll27

I've had my eye on this lipstain/gloss since it first came out. But the ten dollar price tag was a lot to me, since the tube is so small and I've seen a lot of negative reviews on this. My Mom and I finally got coupons for CVS, so I picked this and a few other things up. The color I ot this in is rose on and on. It's a really pretty pink rose color in the tube, but once on my lips it becomes a darker pink that's really pretty. I think what I like most about this lipstain/gloss is the texture and look on my lips. It's difinitely a wet shine stain. It's pretty wet and slippery, but sets in around a minute. I can build it up to really dark, or put on one thin coat for everyday and have it look really nice and natrual. The shince stays on pretty much all day along with the color. I really like this, and may pick up pick resistance. Not sure if I will though, because rose on and on was really the only one that caught me eye.
UPDATE 3/11/13: This stuff lasts forever on my lips, without drying them out! And it definitely looks 'wet', as the name implies, but more of a wet stain vs a wet gloss. It feels comfortable on and looks really nice. The color actually oxidizes a little to a vampy dark pink boardering on a pink-red with a hint- and I mean a HINT- of violet in it, nothing too visible or scary (I can't rock purple lips), but enough to make my lips look, well, vampy. If you're looking for something longlasting, I cannot stress how long this lasts on my lips! It lasts for at LEAST six or seven hours, then it begins to gradually fade. But I think you could get away for wearing this for ten hours without needing to reapply. I only apply one coat of this, and I'm good for the day. Definitely a must have in my collection- I have nothing like this. And the packaging? Adorable.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Daatch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So surprised by this product it is now in my purse . I want it with me all the time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros: works exceptionally well! Perfect comfortable shine/stain. Not overly gloppy/sticky/wet-looking. The color is GORGEOUS! Mine is the Lilac, and I will definitely buying more. Love that you can get it anywhere. Pretty fair price but the tube is really small. Cons: the tube is TINY and you have to use a lot so I can tell I'll go through it fast. Have to apply it three times a day. Is not quite as bullet-proof as they say it is. For the Lilac shade, pay no attention to the name or how the color looks in the tube - it is not at all representative of the color as it appears once applied. In the tube it looks like a flat, dead, mauve. On my lips, it's a slightly-plum, medium toned deep pink, the perfect MLBB. It does have a slight perfume-y smell/taste that I could do without. That disappears quickly. Deducted one lippie for the fact that these do dry out my lips over time if I use them everyday, and for the fact that the color on the tube is so different from the end-result color. But overall, a fantastic alternative for the more expensive high-end versions of this type of product. EDIT 4/1/13: Love the Lilac onen so much that I got another color to try - Pink Resistance (183). It's a gorgeous soft peachy pink - needs two coats (let the first coat dry before applying second coat) to really show. A beautiful color that lights up my face and pairs beautifully with Sonya Kashuk cream blush in Petal. These kind of smell like paint but who cares - they're fantastic! Now I want the Rose one too....

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 4:06:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference: nc20-25, warm yellow undertones.

I will start off by saying I hate Wearing lip gloss. Anything that feels like gloss, i dont like in my lips. But this product is amazing!!! Feels light and non sticky on my lips. You need to make sure you give each layer couple mins to set before reapplying; this will ensure that the stain will last on your lips. I purchased these 3 shades:

1. Berry persistent - gorgeous plummy/berry shade. It's a bold color that you can wear during day or night.
2. Coral tattoo - on my lips, this looks like a true pinky coral. Not super bright but has enough color to be a bold lip :) perfect spring shade.
3. Rose on and on - my fave out of these 3. The most prettiest shade of pink that is neutral and looks super feminine. I would call this a baby pink that isn't too nude nor too bright. Just a perfect pink.

Overall, I love these lip stains. Goes on smooth, looks glossy and easy to apply. Def would repurchase these shades and check out others as well :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by sweetsmell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loved the wear of these, but after wearing one three days in a row, my lips were left so dry that they began peeling and couldn't lose an extremely tight, cracked, and parched feeling. That's not normal for me, so I returned mine; something I hardly EVER do with cosmetics.

The colors do apply lighter and sheerer than what they dry down to. If your lips can handle these, Endless Red is a stunning color and it does wear very well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by yian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I personally love this lip stain, but it has some problems, and it's not a product I would recommend to everyone.

This gloss is non-drying, long-lasting, and while it does have a scent, I don't find it objectionable.

It is very very sticky. The gloss does dry down after a bit, but the sticky feeling never goes away completely. I don't mind that, but I know some people won't like it.

Also for everyone with pigmented lips like me, remember that this is a lip stain, and any shades lighter than your nature lip colour is not going to show up all that well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by xoxjesxox

I love this stuff!! I have very pale lips and this delivers a great pop of shiny color. The texture is hard to describe. I really like it...its smooth, not sticky, light and comfy. As for a stain it doesnt stain very dark. The gloss will last a few hours, and your left with a light stain of even color. Im sure if you have dark pigmited lips you wouldnt even notice the stain, but for pale lips its very natural pink. I purchased the Pink Rebellion color and it definantly doesnt look like the color in the tube! The color of the product is a bright pink but once applied it settles into a more rose color. Very flattering pretty color, but not what I expected. I plan on buying a few more colors to try out since I love the way it feels on my lips and am pleased with the 3 hour gloss look and the natural stained effect.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by dearlynars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't really find anything positive to say. I was excited that there was a drugstore alternative to YSL glossy stains and I have been disappointed.

I thought considering they are the same company they must have similarities! Nope, They feel horrible - the nicest thing about them is the packaging.

The colours I have are pink resistance (super sheer) and infinite fuchsia (travels to corners of your mouth). Avoid!!!