December 19, 2014 | 852 users online

BB Cream - Revlon - Photoready BB Cream SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by pageturner

I have pale, somewhat normal to dry skin and I live in Texas. I spend a fair amount of time outdoors. I walk to and from work so I need to look professional and be sun safe at the same time. So the one thing that I immediately love about this is how great and unburnt my skin looks at night when I wash this off. So the 30 SPF broad spectrum sunscreen is a big hit with me. I have never had a foundation or tinted moisturizer look so good and block so much of the sun before. I hope that this 30 SPF or higher becomes a trend with other products as well. When I got it at Walgreens, it was the last one left in any color and I was lucky it was the light shade that I wanted. I did a quick look around and noticed that for the most part, the face products with SPF seemed to be selling better than the ones without. I got this in early July so that was probably why I saw that trend.

The product itself is a bit oily on my skin but I am okay with that since I think it gives me a dewy look. It gives somewhat sheer to light coverage which is the kind I like the best. This coverage evens out my skin tone but I still need a concealer for the problem bits. Right now, this is my best product that I have found for my face in several years. I'm 46 and I just wish this had been around since I was a teen, I can only dream about how young I would look if I had always had this high of a SPF on my face and body everyday.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by nichdizzlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first tried this product, I didn't like the color or anything about it. I wanted to return it asap. I thought okay if I spent 12 bucks on this thing I'm going to find ways to make it work. I have tried it with mixing it with a foundation(covergirl stay fabulous) which worked well, but it oxidized on me. I have tried different brushes to apply this stipple, flat top, flat foundation, and the Real Techniques buffing brush and none them of ever seem to work. I do have combination skin and I picked up the shale Pale.
One morning before church, I decided to use my normal primer(sheer envy) and I applied this bb cream with my fingers, it looked amazing on my skin. I do have a few dark spots from acne, it doesn't cover my imperfections completely but just enough the way I like it. I like my makeup to look natural. It gives me a subtle glow. I do have to blot but I don't mind blotting with bb cream that has 30 spf and lightweight feel. I live in a very hot and dry climate and it held up for 3-4 hours before I had to blot, but the way I control the oil is applying a powder foundation over the bb cream. It gives me more coverage and lasts much longer. I use my trusty Maybelline powder foundation.
I would not recommend for people with oily skin or very dry skin. I have a few dry spots and it does make them appear more flakey. Overall thumbs up.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Jaded11885

I have pretty dry skin that's sensitive to acne, I tried this looking for an easy natural polished finish to wear on days I don't need full makeup. I was a little disappointed that it didn't give me "bb cream" smooth skin even w extra moisturizer and primer underneath. I like the natural sheen to it but its (light/medium) a little pinker than my NC27 skin. It settled on the little fuzzies on my face not to mention the bumps that appeared every time I wore it. It had a good medium coverage though wish it didn't break me out. In short, maybe not so good for dryer skin but probably perfect for someone w normal skin that wants a natural medium coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by babyshinn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't like this product but it's not the WORST out there where it does absolutely nothing.. I like when I first apply it because it def evens out my skin tone but then later on it just makes me a little oily looking on my t-zone and the even coverage doesn't even last long

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by hjrkhld

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I wanted to try this BB cream as an alternative to the messy and oily photoready mousse foundation I tried before and honestly, this product is no better.

Feels nice and smooth on the first application and then it gets oily and starts to slide around my face. My concealer just would not stay put! I tried to set it with the 2-way photoready foundation powder which works until the moment I step outside and then it just melts right off.

Would NOT be purchasing any of the photoready range anymore except for the 2-way powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by kateliles02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Okay ladies, a BB cream is basically a glorified tinted moisturizer. It protects against sun damage while providing MINIMAL coverage. If you're looking for a fuller coverage, try Maybelline's BB cream. Their's might be a bit heavier. I've tried almost every drug store BB cream and the Revlon BB cream was by far my favorite. With Maybelline in a close second.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by galcapsfan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay, from what I've heard about other western BB creams I think this is the closest to a real one you are going to get from a non Asian country. I haven't used any us or Asian ones, but I do know that bb creams are supposed to be thick. And that is the texture of this product, its thick like a sun screen. So the authenticity is pretty good. As far as how it performs, it's okay. Nothing spectacular. It will get oily, I have normal skin and in the summer it will look oily. So if that is a concern of yours don't use this. I have been breaking out more, but I don't know if its this or the fact that I got a new cleanser and my skin always gets worse when cleansers change before it gets better. Overall it's a good product and I will continue to use it, but I won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Chelchau

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No moisturising, does not stay on. Not good for dry skin

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by sunstar29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is a MESS if you have oily or combination skin, or even if you have normal skin but you're in a hot and humid climate. Honestly, I would not recommend this to anyone except someone with absolutely flawless skin who just wants to put a product on for the hell of it and doesn't need any coverage or staying power.

I've tried applying this with my fingers, with a brush, with a sponge and every time it feels like the product sits on top of my skin. The second I go outside it feels like it's melting off almost immediately, even applied with primer, setting powder or both. It also makes your face SO SHINY and because of this it really accentuates pores.

The coverage on this wears out after about an hour and just leaves a shiny mess all over your face. I like that is has SPF, but when it slides all over your skin and wears off quickly I doubt it gives that much actual sun protection.

The market is saturated with all different BB and CC creams, it's not hard to find something that performs better than this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by micaelatullip

I did like this product because it was blending nice, gave me medium color without yellowing my skin and stayed on all day. I had been looking for good bb cream, not every bb cream does what it says it would do