Maybelline Color Tattoo - Barely Branded

4.2

i really enjoyed this product. one of my favorite drugstore purchases. I wear this every single day! it's such a beautiful color & it lasts all day.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Aah, another hyped product that didn't work for me. This is my first Color Tattoo purchase, and I don't think I'll be buying another again. Barely Branded is a neutral pale champagne color. I almost want to call it a frost because it does have that whitish sheen, at least when I apply it on my lids. I guess that's why it's just too pale as a lid color for my NC27ish skin. That isn't the reason for my low rating, though. I think this would be such a pretty go-to lid color for those with fairer skin as mine. I just think that the texture is weird. It feels creamy when I swirl my finger on the product. Application is a bummer because it never seems to apply evenly regardless of what method I use (fingers, brush, with primer, without primer, etc). Although this shade isn't skimping on the shimmer, it just makes my lids look dry. Oddly enough, it creases on me even though it's so dry. I've had better luck with powder shadows, so I'll be sticking with those.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Barely Branded is a shimmery light neutral champagne. This is the kind of shade that I'd wear as a highlighter, but it's nice for an all-over-lid shade as well, especially if you have a fair skintone.
It boasts a very creamy and smooth formula that's extremely blendable and easy to build/sheer out. I find that this particular shade, however, is much softer than the other shades I've tried, which I dislike, because I find that thicker creams are easier to control. Nonetheless, though, there's nothing wrong with Barely Branded's formula.
It also lasts all day long. This one does crease a bit more than the others I've tried, and I suspect it's because this formula is softer than the others. But I should also mention that I have somewhat oily eyelids and I did not prime beforehand.
Like others have mentioned, Barely Branded, both consistency- and shade-wise, is very similar to MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study, so if you're looking to save some money, definitely get this! I highly recommend it!
Plus, it only costs $6! Considering one jar will last you forever, the price is more than worth it.
Now if only Maybelline will make a matte nude beige...
Would I repurchase? Yes.

I'm a big fan of the Color Tattoo cream eyeshadows and have been for a while. Barely Branded is a light, shimmery champagne color. The consistency is very creamy, I think a little softer and creamier than the other shades I have. This is definitely my most used shade, I find myself reaching for it all the time to apply under light shimmery shadows like Verve or Bootycall from Urban Decay.

The product is very comparable to the MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study. The only difference I notice is that without a primer, the paint pot lasts a little bit longer than the color tattoo. However, my Bare Study paint pot dried out within about 3 months, while all my other paint pots I've had for over a year are still as creamy as the day I purchased them. For that reason, I won't repurchase bare study.

I'd 100% recommend if you're looking for a nice, versatile cream shadow to use as a base or on its own. I'll definitely repurchase when I run out!

Love love love love this!!! I saw the metallic shades in my local Walmart and this color (along with Inked in Pink) caught my eye immediately, as someone else stated, one of the most wearable colors that the line has produced. It's perfect for everyday wear, especially for those of us that are fair-skinned. Will continue to repurchase until I find something cheaper or until it is discontinued.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

AWESOME!!! I can wear this under any shimmer eyeshadow and it enhances it beautifully! I recommend this to everyone in the world!!!
I would repurchase a whole bunch. The most beautiful shimmery base ever!!

I believe this is a new shade of the colour tattoos and this one is by far my favorite! I only own this one and Bad to the Bronze and i love them both. I have fair skin and put Barely Branded all over my lids on top of Vanilla eye shadow from MAC (or any white beige matte eyeshadow), then I use a light & medium brown matte shadow in my crease for some depth. This combination plus some mascara is a great everyday eye makeup for fair skin. This could possibly even be used as a cheek bone highlighter because its so light and luminous

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I had spotted the new color tattoo metallic shades at my local store, and this one really caught my eye for being the most neutral, wearable shade. This is a very versatile product, it makes a great highlighter, all over shadow, and primer for light to medium skin tones. It's very soft, creamy, blendable, and buildable. I have two other color tattoo shades and the consistency varies wildly by shade. These are super cheap, and comparable to similar mid end brands.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Color Reference - NC 35

Can you say holy grail? I am in love with this stuff! I adore the entire color tattoo line and I own practially every color. I already own MAC' s paintpot in Bare Study which this is obviously a dupe for. dare I say it ... But I may like this more than Bare Study ! This color is definitely more pigmented and opaque but still gorgeous n illuminates everything. Love! I can see why this has been so hard to find (it's been sold out at every single store). I also like the texture of the new Metallic line much better then the older Color Tattoos I have. It's much easier to spread and it just melts into your skin - not to mention it lasts all day and stays true to the color it is when you first apply it. This color reminds me so much of Urban Decay's "Verve" in the Naked 2 palette. They are almost identical when swatched side by side. If you love champagne colored eyeshadows, then this a must have for your collection.

This is a light beige colour with a metallic/ skarkley finish. The consistency of this isn't my favorite its creamy but doesn't have enough slip to it like MAC's PP's do. I find when using this I have to do a lot of blending out or else it looks crepey. I def don't see the hype at all.