September 18, 2014 | 1816 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Barely Branded

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm glad maybelline came out with a neutral color. "Barely branded" is a pretty light beige/pinky shimmery color. I like to put this on my lid for a sheer wash of something when I'm feeling lazy. Also like to use it on my inner eyes and under my brows. This color really helps brighten up my eyes. Def would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by ChemicalMonster

This is not only an cream eyeshadow and eyeshadow base in my opinion, but a cream highlight that can be used on the face (cheekbones, down nose).
Barely Branded is a light beige (no pink undertone) shimmer finish. Its opacity is medium. Its very creamy and lightweight. I personally do not use this on my eyelid since I find it too light and shimmery. I like to use it on my browbone, and cheekbones (blended well to give a sheen finish). I think Barely Branded will work with many skin tones because of its many different uses other than just an eyeshadow.
Like all other maybelline color tattoos, makeup remover is recommended because they do stick so well (even in swatches) as well a eyeshadow primer, because they do not have primer in them and can possibly crease without one( it just depends on your skin type).
So if you think you cannot use this as an eyeshadow, give it a second thought as a drugstore cream highlight:)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by pinkchopstix13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Barely Branded is just plain gorgeous! I like to wear it on my lid and then smoke out my eyes with one of my Naked or other neutral palettes. Add some black liner and my eyes look so glamorous! I seriously can't believe the Color Tattoos are a $6 drugstore product. I own nearly all of them and have yet to be disappointed. The high end dept store brands better watch their backs!

**I know a lot of people may be purchasing this as a back up or replacement of Barely Beige but they are not really dupes of each other. Barely Branded leans on the champagne/yellow side whereas Barely Beige is definitely more pink toned. They are both beautiful shades though and worth owning!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I missed out on Barely Beige so I was really glad to see that Maybelline released another neutral shade. It is creamy, frosty, and dries fast. I use these as eyeshadow bases so I need to work fast at layering shadow on top before it sets. It is my 5th Color Tattoo, and it seems pretty creamy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

First Color Tattoo line experience... the new metallic shades drew me in, this one because it is a nice neutral, can wear with anything color. A lot of people might use this as a base but I do my eye makeup very very simply b/c I have big lids and anything can look too dramatic too easily on me so this is an all over color, nothing else added to it shade for me.
I was worried at first because the texture was very creamy/almost greasy feeling... which helped it spread out but I worried it would crease badly. The good news is that it does set up but you kind of have to do thin layers and let it set. I think I didn't let it set enough between layers b/c I had a bit of creasing which was disappointing for a product named Color Tattoo and advertised as lasting 24 hrs. I was hoping for a little bit more pigment on this shade as well, it didn't show up well at all without layering it on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2012 7:31:00 AM More reviews by 1017

This reminds me a lot of their Barely Beige. Barely Branded is more yellow/peach champagne (think MAC Jest) than Barely Beige which has a much more pinky tone to it (think MAC Naked Lunch). On my NW20 skin, side by side Barely Branded is much more peach, verging on yellow/gold toned. Barely Beige is more like a pink w/a touch of beige. I think in the winter Barely Beige will suit me better, but come the warmer months Barely Branded will be great. I can totally wear both now though. I wish they would make one of these permanent. UPDATE: Barely Branded is permanent! Yes!!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup1xo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Perfect eyeshadow! I just got the naked2 palette for christmas, so this is my base. I love it, when i used it yesterday as just an eyecolor, it totally brightened up my pretty grey eyes. I get dark circles, and this totally shows my eyeshadow instead (even if i use concealer) it's a great price. I got it at walmart for $5.94, they will sell out very fast.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by busymommy

It creased on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by blysse27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this today, 3 in total actually- I find that Barely branded isn't patchy at all going on- but I was using my real techniques base shadow brush- slightly fluffy synthetic bristles. I'm happy, I've heard this is going to be permanent in Spring'13 :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Barely Branded is a great addition to the Color Tatoo line. The color is a yellowed champagne with pearl. The only reason I didn't give it a five is because the texture is a tad dry and applies slightly patchy to my lids, but only slighltly.

Edit: I tried wearing it without primer and I found that it went on more smoothly. I really do love this shadow

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No