Maybelline Color Tattoo - Barely Branded

4.2

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This reminded me a lot of MAC's paintpot in Bare Study. I actually like this product A LOT more than the Bare Study as it is not frosted, and more peachy. Overall, the color is very pretty and I've found the Maybelline Color Tattoos as great bases for eyeshadow.

on 2/9/2013 3:10:00 PM

I missed out on "barely beige" so when I saw this i quickly snatched it up! this is a beautiful champagne color! I use it as an all over base for my eyeshadows. These color tattoos are a steal at around $5 a pop!! I am very tempted to get "inked in pink" too!!

on 1/29/2013 11:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Barely Branded is a beautiful luminous white gold. Great for every day wear, especially on the brow bone. I still have to use eye shadow primer on this like I do the other Color Tattoos to keep it from creasing, but great product. Glad to have found a substitute for my Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadow in Sandy Gold.
EDIT: Ok, this has such a foiled look to it, as opposed to the soft shimmer my Bobbi Brown Sandy Gold has. It is also a very warm tinged cream shadow, and I think I won't end up wearing it, especially since I dislike the foiled look for every day use.

on 1/23/2013 1:02:00 PM

I like the pot, love the colors, most are too bright for my tastes (I'm a paralegal in a kind of stuffy law firm). This one I use on my upper eyelid up to my brow. I pair it w/ Bad to the Bronze on my lower lid and Inked in Pink on my middle eyelid = subtle, pretty color w/out looking like I'm heading out to a nightclub. When I use as a base for my powder shadows = much longer staying powder is afforded to my powder shadows. Alone and w/out setting w/ UD All Nighter, this stuff lasts approx 6 hours in full color and then starts to fade, but still looks OK. When set w/ UD (which I do almost every day - my whole face, not just my eyes) = on from 6 am until about 8 pm, then starts to fade, but still visible when I remove my MU around 10:30 pm.

I am not talented when it comes to applying eyeshadow (and I've only recently started wearing e/s), but even I can make this look good = I'm a happy girl!

on 1/20/2013 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Barely branded is a pale shiny gold eye shadow.It brings some luminosity to the eyes! I use this color,at the beginning of my eyes,on my lids,under my eye brows. It stays on pretty long! For a soft,tender look! Love it!

on 1/17/2013 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I've been wearing this every day since I bought it two weeks ago. It is a subtle but highly pigmented basic yet shimmery eyeshadow. Does that make any sense?! I always use TF Shadow Insurance underneath. Then I apply this with my finger. That's usually around 5:00 a.m. I then put Covergirl's single shadow in Taupe in the crease. By the end of the day, my shadows are mostly in place. If I wait til after 10:00 p.m. to take off my makeup, I can see signs of creasing coming on. Powder shadows never crease on me with TF Shadow Insurance. So, that is the only negative about this shadow. I'd still recommend these to anyone. This makes an awesome inner eye highlighter that lasts all day.

on 1/17/2013 3:55:00 PM

Super pretty, but very subtle color as with the Inked in Pink, both are light but hi-impact colors. Is kinda a frosty light beige and looks almost like the Too Cool if you layer a lot. Is a very versatile product that lends different effects to your eyes, depending on how much color you use. I absolutely love this one and will gladly repurchase. Great color!!

on 1/16/2013 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Since I missed out on the other color similar to this in the fall (I think it was called Barely Beige?) I went into bloodhound mode for this one. The second I heard about it I jumped into my car and hit the drug store. I checked multiple places and finally found it at Walmart in a giant display with just ONE of these left. I grabbed it greedily. It was $5 and something cents, very cheap for something so good.
This doesn't crease on me and it's a gorgeous color.Very neutral and very nice to just pat on the lid, put on some mascara and run to class or work or whatever if you're in a hurry. I have about six of these color tattoos just because I'm CONSTANTLY oversleeping and these are extremely easy to use without much effort or time.
This is probably my favorite one tied with Bad to the Bronze for that particular reason. I'm pretty sure they're making Barely Branded part of the permanent line, but I couldn't risk it considering how much I use colors like this on my lids. This is very similar to Stila Kitten smudge pot, which I also have. So, if you're on a budget and you want something at least similar to that then I'd go with this. Plus, the Stila smudge pots crease on me and the color tattoos do not! I also got the color tattoo Inked in Pink from this collection, and I'm really excited to use it for like Valentine's Day or something!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm glad maybelline came out with a neutral color. "Barely branded" is a pretty light beige/pinky shimmery color. I like to put this on my lid for a sheer wash of something when I'm feeling lazy. Also like to use it on my inner eyes and under my brows. This color really helps brighten up my eyes. Def would repurchase!

This is not only an cream eyeshadow and eyeshadow base in my opinion, but a cream highlight that can be used on the face (cheekbones, down nose).
Barely Branded is a light beige (no pink undertone) shimmer finish. Its opacity is medium. Its very creamy and lightweight. I personally do not use this on my eyelid since I find it too light and shimmery. I like to use it on my browbone, and cheekbones (blended well to give a sheen finish). I think Barely Branded will work with many skin tones because of its many different uses other than just an eyeshadow.
Like all other maybelline color tattoos, makeup remover is recommended because they do stick so well (even in swatches) as well a eyeshadow primer, because they do not have primer in them and can possibly crease without one( it just depends on your skin type).
So if you think you cannot use this as an eyeshadow, give it a second thought as a drugstore cream highlight:)