April 19, 2014 | 1665 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum Express

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by belinduh319

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this mascara for a little less than a year and I enjoy it. Its really black, has a nice formula, good wand. My only problem with it however it taking it off. It's pretty stubborn but usually most mascaras are.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I don't think I've given another product in any category top marks in all categories until now. For a drugstore mascara, I feel like this one takes the cake. I've tried probably hundreds of different drugstore mascaras over my 20 years of wearing mascara, and honestly, most disappoint. I love over-the-top lashes, so I switched to getting extensions and wearing falsies, which after 5 years of consistent use, left me nearly lash-less. Then I started using the L'oreal Volume/Collagen formula for a while and it seemed to perform well - then my lashes started to fall out, which may have just been a coincidence. It freaked me out & I started using Physicians Formula natural mascara and Bare Minerals The Volumizer, hoping some of the more "natural" ingredients might help my poor destroyed lashes. Both did help, but I ran out of my BM mascara and the only way for me to get more is to order online (and wait). Walgreens had a sale on Maybelline mascara and I remembered reading on MA that many reviewers had good results with several of their different formulas. I'd had very poor luck with several Maybelline formulas myself over the years (aka Great Lash), but I decided to give this formula in the very black color a try. I was so incredibly impressed. I'm not the hugest fan of the new plastic spikey brushes, but this one really works. It pulls each little lash out of hiding & is not so bulky and obnoxious that it can't reach in the corners. My lashes are dark and full, corner to corner. The formula is a more wet one, but I prefer that in a mascara. I find that is builds volume really well. The black color, thankfully, is really, really black. And the price is crazy cheap (and no waiting for delivery). Unless something goes really wrong (like lash fall-out or a removal disaster), this is my new HG mascara. I noticed there are a lot of negative reviews on here of this product. My thought is, that perhaps this formula and brush works for people in my situation, those with thin, damaged, missing lashes. I've had no problems with flaking, clumping, and streaks/spots.
**UPDATE:** Be ready to spend some time when removing this. And no, I'm not refering to the waterproof version. I use plain old soap and water and a washcloth to wipe down my makeup, and then Sonia Kashuk's eye make-up remover on a cotton pad. I had bits and pieces of mascara absolutely everywhere on my face, and I don't think I've ever had this problem with a mascara before (and I'm a mascara junkie). What a mess. It also stuck in my lashes and did not want to come off. I still stand by my statement that this formula provides great volume, but there is definitely a price to pay at clean-up time.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by logloglog

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Came in HUGE clumps, idk if it was just the bottle I got, but honestly, I regret buying this product. I think it make have been that the bristles were to short.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Sdmarylou

The formula is too thick its hard to remove at the end of the day. The brush is poorly designed doesnt hold the product well or seperate your lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by oneirology

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i like this mascara. it makes my thin short lashes look really long and volumized. just make sure not to wiggle the wand while applying it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This isn't a bad mascara but I won't buy it again. The coverage is thick all the way to the tip which is a very unnatural look. I like dramatic, but I like mascara that thins out toward the tip. This also flakes a bit and the wand is so spiky it hurts if you get too close. Good black color, doesn't lump or clump.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by MikeyLauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I have bought this mascara over and over, I absolutely love it! After I tried a sample of Benefit's They're Real! I wanted to find more affordable mascaras that had similar brushes. Obviously this doesn't have the same bristles at the tip of the brush but it is great for coating lashes and giving definition, volume, and length. I much prefer the plastic/rubber bristled mascara wands like this one and Benefit's They're Real! This doesn't flake, doesn't smudge, and isn't impossible to remove (the downside to They're Real!) . Overall I love this mascara and will keep buying it!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2013 4:40:00 AM More reviews by ksk07

I really wanted to like this mascara, as my favorite youtube guru raves about it all the time (missglamorazzi). I can't tell if I dislike the formula or just the rubber brush. Every time I use this my lashes stick together. I always apply two coats of mascara, but if I try it with this one I end up with a clumpy mess. It's also a very wet formula which I find hard to work with because it transfers so easily as I'm applying. This is one of those products that is a hit or miss for different people. I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by mbori

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like the brush, I always buy these rubber-thing-type-wand mascaras.
The formula is a bit wet, but that's not a huge deal.
The only thing I don't like about it, is that it smudges on me pretty quickly, after about 3-4 hours. Maybe because I have oily skin and oily lids and/or long lashes, I don't know. But this smudging makes it kinda unusable for me...

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2013 4:27:00 AM More reviews by AlyaAbdel

I really dislike this mascara. I didn't even think it was possible to make your lashes look SHORTER and THINNER. This is just how it works with me, it may be different with others. I absolutely hate the formula and the brush does nothing at all. I wouldn't recommend this mascara to anyone. The only nice thing about it is the packaging. Other than that, I am really sorry to say it was huge disappointment with a vey expensive price.