December 22, 2014 | 1009 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Le Volume De Chanel

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by jlee23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try this mascara out and when I first applied it, I was pretty darn disappointed. It made my lashes clump together, making me look like I had fewer lashes and I hate spidery lashes on me. Because it was so expensive, I didn't give up on it and tried different methods on applying it. I realized more is less with this product and one lightly applied coat of this is perfect for me. It gives length to my short asian lashes and just enough volume. It's not perfect at holding a curl but it doesn't make my naturally straight lashes fall either. It gives my upper lashes that wispy look which I prefer but i'm still not too sure on the bottom lashes though I still use it there, just very carefully and lightly so it doesn't clump.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by latgmayra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am completely addicted to this mascara. I live in a humid environment and it is difficult to find a mascara that holds up as much as I like. Well, this definitely did the trick. It holds beautifully throughout the whole day, it is not uncomfortable at all. It is totally worth the price, and after trying this, no other mascara is good enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by joselineochoa

favorite mascara of all time makes my eye lashes long & voluminous all in one & so black little pricy but totally worth it i think

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by SunshineGee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I truly love Chanel mascara! I used Chanel over the past 4 years, but now use the Le Volume and it just make my eyelashes pop. Several times I've asked if I have false eyelashes. I will admit that prior to putting on the Le Volume, I use Diorshow Maximizer lash plumping serum and it helps it to last, and decrease the clumpy. However, I do have to use a brush to separate my lashes if I wait after the serum dry before applying the mascara.

My suggestions is to definitely use a lash serum, primer or moisturizer prior to using any mascara. It help me.

Overall, I gave a 4 because I do use the lash serum and have separate with a brush when I wait too long to put on the mascara after applying the serum.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by claudy1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2013 7:24:00 AM More reviews by peoni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I am surprised at all the positive reviews because this does not work at all well for me. It clumps lashes together, even with the lightest of coatings. I think this is because of a combination of factors. Firstly, the formula is very wet. Secondly, and I feel more significantly, the brush seems to dispense far too much product. When pulling the brush from the tube it seems hardly any product is wiped off, leaving a gloopily saturated brush. I have wiped the brush clean on several occasions, and probably wasted half of the tube in the process. After application I have no other option to use a lash comb, but even then it is difficult to separate lashes. Finally, it does not hold a curl, this being the deal-breaker for me. I doubt I'll finish the tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by nnabeela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Holy grail mascara. Get a sample to try it out first because it is not cheap.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by sunnyflowergirl

For me, finding the perfect mascara has always been like searching for the holy grail! I totally discovered it when I started using one of Chanel's other mascaras, the Inimitable Intense. However, when I heard about the new Le Volume De Chanel I was excited, I was convinced that it would be even better than the inimitable...but I was very, very wrong! As soon as I went to put on the mascara, it came out all gloopy and really wet. It immediately clumped all of my eyelashes together! It was horrible! I was so disappointed!

I know the intention of the mascara is to volumise, but it just made my lashes stumpy. I don't have very long eyelashes at all, so maybe it would work better on someone that does have long lashes?

One thing is for sure, I will be forever be sticking to my inimitable intense which volumises AND lengthens. If you find a great mascara, stick to it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by weirdhologurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara is lovely. I have naturally curly medium length lashes and it does everything I need. Separates, builds volume and darkens. I wish I could repurchase more but at $30 its quite costly.

The brush has a plastic applicator, which made me nervous originally but it manages to separate well with no clumping! I did notice that after 2 months of use it started to flake, for $30 I was hoping it would make it to 3 months before I had to buy another.
This will have to be a birthday treat.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by louise210981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well what else can I say other than this is one of the worst mascaras I have used. Not suitable for long lashes, very clumpy, smudges very easily and is very wet. I expect more from Chanel. Pricy too.