September 23, 2014 | 2038 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Le Volume De Chanel

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by sunnyflowergirl

For me, finding the perfect mascara has always been like searching for the holy grail! I totally discovered it when I started using one of Chanel's other mascaras, the Inimitable Intense. However, when I heard about the new Le Volume De Chanel I was excited, I was convinced that it would be even better than the inimitable...but I was very, very wrong! As soon as I went to put on the mascara, it came out all gloopy and really wet. It immediately clumped all of my eyelashes together! It was horrible! I was so disappointed!

I know the intention of the mascara is to volumise, but it just made my lashes stumpy. I don't have very long eyelashes at all, so maybe it would work better on someone that does have long lashes?

One thing is for sure, I will be forever be sticking to my inimitable intense which volumises AND lengthens. If you find a great mascara, stick to it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by weirdhologurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara is lovely. I have naturally curly medium length lashes and it does everything I need. Separates, builds volume and darkens. I wish I could repurchase more but at $30 its quite costly.

The brush has a plastic applicator, which made me nervous originally but it manages to separate well with no clumping! I did notice that after 2 months of use it started to flake, for $30 I was hoping it would make it to 3 months before I had to buy another.
This will have to be a birthday treat.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by louise210981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well what else can I say other than this is one of the worst mascaras I have used. Not suitable for long lashes, very clumpy, smudges very easily and is very wet. I expect more from Chanel. Pricy too.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by chechi

I'm on the fence about this mascara. I've been using it for the past few months - It is a clumpy mascara.... I definitely need a lash comb to separate my lashes. When I first started using the tube it was definitely quite "wet", but overtime the mascara did thicken. I like the fact that it really thickens my lashes and makes them extremely volumized and luscious yet the lashes are soft. Also the price is $$$$ but then again it is chanel... I have yet to find a drugstore dupe for this - until then I probably will repurchase it...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Tamsin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Volume, length, lift, curl, separation, rich black color ... this one has it all. Now on my third tube and will continue to purchase this one. My lashes are perfect everyday, no more fighting with clumps and combs. Was a Dior Extase devotee, but Dior could learn a thing or two from this Chanel masterpiece.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by mwalberg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i bought this based on positive reviews and previous experience with a different Chanel mascara formula, i found this one to be a little disappointing.. the brush is way to big, i know its big because of volume formula, but the brush drags out way too much and you have to wipe it down and lose half the product before you put it on your eyes... its also a wet formula which doesn't bother me, except for the brush carries out too much product so you are bound to get it where you don't want it... it can clump so you have to be careful... it does flake a little at the end of the day. frankly i don't think its that great, especially when you are buying a premium mascara. I much prefer a lenthening and separating formula that also gives you a little volume. I don't think it holds the curl well either, not sure why. Definitely not a repeat purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by graceholliwell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The BEST mascara I have ever tried, and I've tried a lot. This goes on really clean and on me does not clump at all, instantly volumises the lashes, and with 2 coats they just look the best they ever have. So pleased with it. Expensive but worth it for me.

This is an unfragranced mascara.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by ocelot1

I have a sample of this and thank goodness it was only a sample. This mascara is a very wet formula and is quite clumpy on one swipe. It doesn't seem that there is a stopper to swipe the excess mascara when the wand is pulled out, but when I swiped the brush on a paper towel, there were still clumps on my lashes. Because its a wet formula it gets all over when I blink. It takes a bit for it to dry. It doesn't keep my lashes curled either. Smudges a bit. No flakes. For reference, my lashes are medium length, slightly sparse, super stick straight and stubborn to curl.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this mascara as a free sample from Nordstrom's and I am SO glad I didn't spend the money buying it. It ran, flaked off, irritated my eyes and gave me raccoon eyes. Granted, I wore this during a humid summer day when my eyes were irritated from my allergies but if a mascara can't be worn under these conditions, I don't want to buy it! Back to Maybelline Full N Soft Waterproof!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by starzi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

At first, i tried this over my shiseido mascara base. It volumized my lashes like mad, but it made them droop, so ended up giving it to my friend instead. Then spoke to my cousin and bought the full version for 24 because I've figured out how to make it work. I've got short asian lashes, i think they drooped because the formula is kinda wet. So i found out the best thing to do is to use a mascara base and waterproof mascara undeneath that holds your curl, then after it dries ise chanel on top. It volumizes my lashes loads, doesn't do much about length, and makes my lashes curl nicely. Even though its not waterproof it lasts all day on. Looked on instagram and some of the results are pretty mental. Kinda pricey for a mascara, but its worth it in my opinion because its so hard trying to find a good mascara for me. I've tried one of the older mascaras from chanel before, and it dried out before 6 months. Only has this for a week or so, so haven't noticed any drying out just yet, but i will update if i have any more points to voice out. So far though, a <3 from me!