Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/5/2014 10:38:00 PM

This is my HG eye shadow palette. I can play around with the colours: keeping it neutral for an everyday look and really pumping up the smoke factor for evening wear with the black colour. So versatile, this should be a staple in every make-up bag. Love!

Lovely palette. Covers everyday needs. Although I really missed a brush in the box! And one shimmery highlighting shade would be nice. Worth the money, colours are well pigmented and stays on the whole day.

on 6/3/2014 1:31:00 PM

I got this as a Christmas present, and I like it, the pigmentation is great, but there is a lot of light colors in the pallete. But I guess that's why its the basics, right! I do love it and I think its a great pallet and a great value for the money, you def need this pallete in your collection.

on 5/30/2014 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Love that UD has finally given us a pallet full of matte color options for my skin tone, age, and coloring!! I'm so happy I could dance… 😊 k, I'm better now!! Anywho, these creamy, pigmented colors are absolutely beautiful! I didn't notice any fallout (however it is a brand new pallet). The shadows blend like a dream, shading is super easy, and they all complement each other quite nicely. I believe they would look superb on any skin tone. The colors still looked fresh and vibrant after 10+ hours of wear (with UD's Anti-Age Primer Potion), yay!! This pallet will take a girl from day to night and back again! I had no issues with irritation on my sensitive skin. Well worth the $28 I paid. I'll happily purchase again!!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is my new favorite eye shadow pallet. Everyone needs this in their makeup collection. There's so many ways you can wear these colors.

Pros:
-Super sleek packaging
-Great for travel
-5/6 are matte shades
-Great pigmentation
-Easy to apply and blend out
-Neutral colors
-Also make great liner colors to smudge out on the bottom of your lashes!

Cons:
-3 very light shades that are quite similar (Venus, Foxy, W.O.S)
-Can't think of any others. You really have to understand what a palette like this is for if you are going to buy it. If you want something with more variety and more "bang for your buck" check out the Naked Palette's. This particular palette is for someone who has a "go to" easy neutral eye they wear on a daily basis, or when you aren't sure what makeup to wear. A friend of mine uses only this palette every time she does her eye makeup. She prefers something compact that gives her the exact colors she is looking for and can wear on a daily basis. Since this palette doesn't offer many color selections, you really should enjoy all 6 shades if you are going to purchase it. Go to your Sephora or Ulta and swatch them to make sure it is in fact what you are looking for before you order/buy it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this eyeshadow! I have very oily skin, and even without an eye primer, this eyeshadow stays flawless all day. Beautiful colors that are super easy to blend to create that perfect look. I will definitely buy this again!

on 5/18/2014 12:05:00 AM

Got this back in december for my birthday and i use this almost everyday. Fav colors are w.os and faint. Only complaints is that crave isnt as dark and black as i want it to be but i use it still to line lash line

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i got this pallette for christmas and it is my HG pallette now! i use it almost every single day and absolutly love it! the colours are very pigmented (especially venus & crave) and they are perfect for any naturel to smokey eye looks. the only thing is that it is pricey so i would just ask for it as a gift again. overall its an amazing pallette thats perfect for everyday looks.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Perfect little palette for traveling with great urban decay creamy eyeshadow quality! Great packaging and shade selection.

Popular Palettes

Contour Kit
The Nudes
NAKED
NAKED3

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Simple Daily Makeup Tutorial (Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette) by Anna Boroshok

Top Rated Urban Decay Products