July 30, 2014 | 1118 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED Basics

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like my naked basics palette but find that I do not reach for it as often as my other palettes. None the less, this palette is ideal for travel because you can get any look from a very basic every day eye to an intense smokey eye for a night out.

All of the colors are very pigmented, smooth and blend well.

I am very fair, NW10, and I have to say that W.O.S and Foxy do not show up super bright on me. However, I do use all of the colors except for Foxy because it is a bit too yellow for my liking.

Venus = vanilla cream white, matte
Foxy = neutral yellow matte
W.O.S = neutral yellow matte
Naked 2 = taupe brown matte
Faint = warm chocolate brown matte
Crave = deep, dark brown/black with itty bitty sparkle, still matte on the skin

For UD makeup this palette is very well priced, i spent $27 for mine over a year ago and I have barely made a dent. I gave only 1 lippie for packaging because I find it very hard to open and it can easily ruin a good manicure. I gave 4 lippies overall because I do not like every single color. If I ran out I would probably buy it again because it is truly a decent collection of matte neutrals that is inexpensive and not bulky to carry around.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by eyesarahclops

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The matte shades give the perfect natural look. Love this palette!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by leahmarie365

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this palette. It is my everyday palette and it has such good natural colors. I love the creaminess of the shadows. They apply so easily! The packaging is great and protects it! I know people have complained about the smell, and it definitely smells interesting, but it doesn't bother me. The only way I smell it is when I put my face to close or something like that. I think it's pretty good price, saying that other Urban Decay singles are more than half of this. I will repurchase it (if I ever run out! I haven't even made a dent yet!)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by darlingvikki2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this for Christmas and I absolutely love it!! It is great for everyday wear and travel. I use the black shade as eyeliner and just dip it in water and it goes on so smooth. The only problem I have is that foxy doesn't really show up on my skin because I am olive with yellow undertones but I use it more to blend with the other colors. Definitely an HG palette totally worth the price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by dirtyblondeee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i love this kit!! i was tempted to buy the full size Naked pallete, but I decided on this one because I felt these colors I'd use more. I usually don't wear a lot of eye shadow, and when I do, its either nudes or a smoky eye. this compact gives me everything I need for any look I go for. I use WOS (Walk of Shame) all over the lid, and Venus under the brow bones and on my lower lashes for my day to day look. I would repurchase this again, but I don't think I'll have to for quite some time as these are highly pigmented and will last a lonnnng time. in a perfect world it'd be a bit cheaper, but for higher end products, its actually on the affordable side, so I can't complain too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by dstar12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have the original Naked palette and definitely use this one more often lately. I've recently been wearing less makeup, and the matte shades in this palette are perfect for completing a natural look.

I think, though, that this palette could be improved: First, the w.o.s and foxy shadows (light yellow-ish and light pink) look exactly the same on my pretty fair skin. It would be useful to have something slightly different. Second, to me, the black shadow doesn't make sense in this palette. I know the point of the palette is to give you six basic shadows to act as the base for any look, but a black eyeshadow just seems out of place compared to all the other natural colors.

In any case, I do like this and will get a lot of use out of it. UD should do more matte palettes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by JenniferBalesteri

This is the only eyeshadow palette in my makeup bag, I can't even remember when I bought it, use it every day and it never fails! The only color I don't use is "Faint".

The color pigmentation, range of colors, staying/non-creasing power is tops!
I use WOS (walk of shame) mostly, then Foxy, Venus for inner eye, browbone brightening, and the darkest (Crave) to line my brows, prior to my Gimme Brow.

I would LOVE to just be able to purchase WOS, b/c I use that one the most, but I would def repurchase this short palette! Gets 5 Lippies for overall everything!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Sagerina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just got this in the mail and i already love it! My mother has the Naked 1 and it's nice but honestly I wouldn't use all the colors, so i decided to buy this one, plus I prefer matte. My only problem with this is that it is hard for me to open, I have to dig my nail into the lock thingy, but other than that I love the packaging and how soft it is.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2014 8:21:00 AM More reviews by flaca70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was tempted to buy the full size of the two other ones but knew that I would have never used all this colours. So at the end I decided to buy this mini palette and it turned out to be the best choice I could make. I am the kind of person who prefers the nude looks and this is simply perfect. I use it every day, try to mix the colours among themselves. It is perfect if you want to do some smokey eyes without exagerating (I rarely use the darker colour).
The size of the palette is perfect you can easily bring it in your make-up trousse.
I am quite sure I would buy it again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by kirito

I never really thought of picking up the Naked Basics palette, but I wanted a small eyeshadow palette that I could carry around with me for touch ups. To be completely honest, what really sold me on this palette besides the compact size was the shade Crave, which is a matte black. I do own the NYX single eyeshadow in Black, but I wanted a small palette that included a matte black, and the quads/trios I own either have no black shade or a shimmery black shade. Thus, the Naked Basics palette met that criteria, so I initially purchased it online from Sephora. Turns out, the shade Crave shattered in the mail, and the black pigment was all over the box. I was super disappointed, so I exchanged it for a new one.

I don't find this to be an essential palette for me. Personally, I didn't really care for the Naked 3 palette, but I like that more than the Naked Basics. I don't see myself using the shades Venus and Foxy often, and the look that I get with WOS, Naked 2, Faint, and Crave just isn't something I LOVE. I mean, for doing my makeup while traveling, I can accept the shades that come with the Naked Basics palette, but I prefer the looks I can get out of the Naked 2 and Naked 3 palettes, and not because they include more eyeshadows.

I feel that this palette can definitely be a travel essential, but not an everyday essential. I do like matte eyeshadows, but I just don't really care for the shades in this palette as much as I thought I would. Perhaps if there was a darker, less taupe-y shade as well, I would get more use out of this. However, I will stick to keeping this in my makeup bag for the instances where I'm running late and have to do my makeup before class.