April 17, 2014 | 1649 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Maestro Fusion Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by mona912

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I purchased this foundation due to the raved hype reviews because I'm always on the hunt of a good foundation. After trying this foundation for several days now, I'm unsure of this foundation, okay whatever it's called. Coverage tends to be sheer but buildable to medium. I have freckles in my cheekbones and being Asian I prefer a medium to full coverage. I can go from medium to full and yes with a good concealer. This lasts me around 10 hours max before it deteriorates on me looking all patched up around the areas of my nose, definitely not pleasant to look at. I tried to touch up and it looked worst than ever. Then I used Chanel Vitalumiere to touch up and my face looked perfect! Oh yes I have normal oily skin. I just found out that I have some tiny dry patches and it accentuates the dryness. After a good setting powder, dry patches are no longer visible. I also noticed after 3-4 hours of wear my face looked flawless! I might use up this bottle till its gone but probably won't repurchase. Again this bottle will last me for quite a while. For those of you who prefers a more sheer coverage and you don't have discoloration or freckles on your face, this is the foundation for you. This is especially good for those with normal perfect skin type I would say. If you have dry skin, you might want to exfoliate first or else this product will accentuate all the dry flakes on your skin. I mean seriously!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by scunagorelik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is so wonderfully constructed as a foundation, I feel like I'm wearing nothing. It's very light so no heavy coverage or anything. Perfect for summer. The only thing I dislike is the price. I also have the concealer which is very nice as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm writing my review based on a one week sample I received. I will be going next week to buy a bottle. I don't normally use foundation, as I can't stand the look of it on my skin and my bf hates it when I am wearing "skin makeup" as he calls it. But I do have a bit of diffused redness over my cheeks and nose that really bug me and I'm always trying to cover up. So my normal routine has been to use dr haushka bronzing concentrate, dust some setting powder on that, and hope my face is "glowing" as opposed to "red" lol. I went out to get this once I read a review that it gives good coverage with a no-makeup feel, and that it blends seamlessly into skin. I have to say I really love how this makes my skin look. The first day I wore it I happened to be getting passport photos, so I could see that it also photographs beautifully!
Pros:
- texture feels great on the skin, just melts in when applied and blends beautifully
- you apply with your fingers - one less brush to wash :)
- buildable light/med. coverage (enough for my redness anyways)
- semi-matte finish
- doesn't make me break out
- doesn't get oily throughout the day
- truly has a no-makeup look & feel, and you can't see it on your skin
- color doesn't oxidize, stays true
- gives a lovely no-pore, even toned look to skin that shows up in photos beautifully
Cons:
- will accentuate any dry patches on your face
- seems to really sink into pores &make them more visible
- tends to be a bit "dull" for me, so I would add a drop of bronzing concentrate (or even a GA Fluid Sheer #3 or #10 would look AMAZING with this!)
Overall, I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants a beautiful no-makeup look on their skin but still wants to wear something to even out their skin tone.
EDIT - 03/12/12 - I don't know if I'll buy a full size after all. After wearing it all day it settled into the pores beside my nose, looked pretty bad.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

First tried a sample of this at a evening leisure makeup class I was taking. I applied with sponge and it made my skin look so incredibly dry and flaky that even the teacher was shocked and had to remove it and start over. I tried again the next day using my fingers, as was suggested by the SA, the results were much smoother. It easily glided over skin and blended very well. This is the first foundation I've tried that truly looks invisible on the skin. BUT and it's a big but...it covers nothing. Blemishes, acne scars and pores are still visible. Its the equivalant to only dusting face with powder to tone done shine and mattify. It more or less looks like your wearing nothing and for such an expensive product what is the point?? You'd be better of with a tinted moisturiser or BB cream, at least then your skin would have a healthy glow rather than the matt effect with you get with maestro. Its probably a foundation for those already gifted with great skin and only wanted to even out without looking like there wearing anything. I'll give Armani points for trying a new serum style foundation and I can only presume that other makeup companies will follow suit and hopefully a much better coverage product will be produced at some point.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2012 7:24:00 AM More reviews by emilymakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was excited to try this after all the reviews and blog posts out there, especially since I have been looking for a natural-looking foundation that leaves a luminous finish (my preference runs to the dewy end of the spectrum and I hate a matte finish on my face). I tried it at the Armani counter at Bloomies. As many others have noted, the consistency and feel of Maestro is really amazing. It spreads incredibly easily and feels like a very lightweight but nongreasy oil when applied. Immediately upon application, I felt like I really could see it sitting on my skin and it did not look natural to me. After 15 minutes or so, it adjusted and looked more natural and "at one" with my skin. It definitely has good coverage. But while the finish was not matte, it was almost powdery looking in an odd, flat way. It really took the life out of my skin. I was relieved to wash it off! Glad I took it for a test run first. I also tried a sample of the Luminous Finish later at home, and fell in love with that - much more natural and leaves my skin looking hydrated and lit up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is an interesting foundation. it feels more like a skincare, applies like a serum and it is velvety smooth and soaks into skin beautifully. i wear shade 4 and it is a good match. i am a shade 20 in chanel perfection lumiere and vital lumiere aqua. so far i have been reaching for this over my other foundations. the coverage is a true medium. it covers redness fairly well and evens skintone overall but does not cover brown sun spots too well. this wears flawlessly throughout the day, does not get oily even on my t-zone, i do not need to touch up at all. my skin is in the drier side since the weather is colder now...one thing that i have to watch out when wearing this is that i need to have a good exfoliated skin because it will accentuate the dry patches and skin must be well moisturized prior to applying this. i would have preferred to have this foundation come in a pump bottle...since the dropper can get a little messy at the neck/opening of the bottle. it is expensive but it is worth a try since it is very unique to other foundations in the market.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by DeborahTX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Saw this reviewed on Allure Mag's Best of Beauty and had to try it. I am quite fair and I went with shade 4. The shade is fine--melts right in and I can't see where I've put it. However, the foundation is a bit sheer for my taste. (A few old blemish scars I like to cover that don't disappear.) I have tried with primer and without, and it is fine either way. I haven't had any breakouts. I find that by noon, my nose is quite shiny, even with a mattifying product underneath. So overall, can't say I love this foundation but it isn't bad either. Quite nature finish yet better than plain skin. Probably won't repurchase.
**update 12/2/12: After a few weeks of wearing this, I have tried again without primer. That seems to be the key to reducing the shine. However, it is still more sheer than I like. I would like it to make my face look *better*, and I can't say it does that. Rather a disappointment overall.
**second update 12/30/12: I am now applying with fingers rather than a brush. That seems to work better too. Nonetheless, I can't say I love this foundation. I'm using it because it is just way too expensive to toss. Sigh.
**third update 3/29/13: I've stopped using it. Just hated the amount of shine. Back to my old Prescriptives Flawless in Peach.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by darkangelslave

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am a foundation junkie, to date i have 45 different foundations from as many brands... When I read the articles on this product before it came to Australia, I knew I wanted to go and try it. It felt AMAZING! It blended into my skin on my hand well and smoothed on. I have used GA luminous silk before and reacted badly, but this one is ok on my skin. I used number 3 in LS and so on the advice of the BA i got #3 in maestro too as she said it would go half a shade darker after a while. (Don't believe this, it went half a shade LIGHTER not darker). Number 3 is slightly pale for me, so should have gotten number 4 for summer and maybe 3 for winter. So this bottle will be waiting until i get to winter. Ok time to end the babble, here are my pro's and cons:
PRO'S:
amazing texture that melts into skin
Nice semi-matte finish that looks really natural
buildable (truely) i took mine from sheer to full in 3 coats
nice bottle design, hygienic and cute
designed to be applied by fingers (YAY!)

CONS
not very moisturizing even on normal skin
sinks into all of my pores if I dont use a silicone based primer first
gathers in dry patches (even if your skin doesnt feel dry, you will notice dry patches after applying this)
cannot be used with a brush (i've tried, it just dries too fast)
missing some 'glow' sometimes looks a bit flat

overall, for the price, i'm slightly disappointed with it's performance. I expected it to be uber-awesome and was slightly let down. It needs a little more moisture and in my opinion needs some more "glow". Its semi matte but sometimes it looks just too flat! Would sit nicely on those with already nice normal skin. Due to not being able to wear this without a primer, I would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Humble1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I read the reviews on this and they sounded glowing. I am always looking for that fountain of youth and hoped I would find it. First, doing the research to find the correct shade is a challenge, but there are a lot of good sites out there. Next, I had to wait ages for the produce due to heavy demand, so my hopes continued to be uplifted. When it did arrive, I liked the idea of an eyedropper, you can get just the right amount. I put 3 drops in my palm and made dots on my face and was amazed at how beautifully it blended. After about 5 minutes you do see a difference and the coverage lasts all day. But, it is not a fountain of youth, it is too expensive and I sent it back. I got it in 4 and it is a good shade for my blond hair, blue eyes, fair complexion. Maybe 5 would have been better, but I did like 4. I think this is perfect for younger women. I will stick to my favorite but will always continue to be on the lookout for the one that will transform me.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 6:34:00 AM More reviews by jmsk112486

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tons of foundations; I am a foundation junky. I'm always looking for the luminous but naturally looking skin. I have found it in this foundation!! It is very light, like a serum. It spreads like a dream too. I think fingers are the best method for this particular foundation because it is very runny. I have the shade 4 but I could also get away with 2.

I like this foundation because it gives me a general glow without feeling like I'm wearing makeup. It's that light. I thought BB creams felt slightly heavy but this is just like my skin.

I also have acne prone skint that is very prone to clogged pores. I have had not had any trouble with this foundation so far. I do need to build up the coverage using a concealer for some old discolorations on my cheeks but otherwise the coverage is perfect for me.

I've also discovered that I don't need to wear a powder with this foundation, it doesn't fully keep the oil at bay but it does keep it relatively in check. It also made no difference in whether I wore a powder or not.

I highly recommend that you at least try this foundation at the counter before purchasing because it is not for everyone.

*reference in skin tone: NC 15-20, Chanel .5-1.0, Bobbi Brown Sand, Christian Dior Nude 021 or 10, Dior Forever (old formula) 10. Estee Lauder 1.0