November 27, 2014 | 1394 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Maestro Fusion Makeup

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Jaimee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to say, so far I am loving this foundation. It is very light, but it manages to even out my complexion nicely (my skin is fairly clear, but needs a "lift"). It wears very well - lasts more than 8+ hours. It also doesn't break me out. The only downside is the price. Then again I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 7:56:00 AM More reviews by hisquiggle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

UPDATE:

After recently moving to a warmer and more humid climate, my skin has become more balanced and this foundation now works on me with the right moisturizer underneath. I use 6.5, and it's a great foundation for hot days because it lasts very well and doesn't oxidize or become oily. The only problem I have with Maestro is that it only works on me if I'm using a heavy enough moisturizer. Other than that, I love how it's undetectable on the skin yet perfects it at the same time.

I really wanted to love this foundation but it just doesn't work for my dry skin. I got a sample in 4.5, which is a little light for my NC30 complexion (4.5 is more like NC20-25). The texture and coverage of the foundation are both phenomenal; you don't know what weightless means until you've experienced this foundation. Maestro is a very liquidy, silicone-based foundation that applies best with fingers and dries down to a natural, satin skin-like finish (not matte or dewy). I have blackheads on my nose and enlarged pores on my cheeks, and Maestro does a great job at blurring those textural problems. It even covers the redness I have on my left cheek, which I usually have to cover with concealer when I wear tinted moisturizer. I'd say that it's a medium coverage foundation if you layer it, but it won't cover acne, scarring, or heavy hyperpigmentaion. Unfortunately, this foundation really emphasizes any dryness I have, which is a problem I have with a lot of foundations. Even with exfoliating and a heavy moisturizer, Maestro makes the skin on the sides of the nose and my cheeks extremely flaky. I'm going to try this foundation again in the summertime when my skin is more normal, and hopefully it'll work better because it's such a beautiful formula. If you have skin that's oily, normal, or even combination, Maestro is worth trying out.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by MeLev

I tried the foundation this week on my hand and bought it right away. I loved the light feel and texture. i am always on the lookout for a foundation that feels like a second skin. I thought I had found my dream make-uo I put it on when I got home for a hit minute and loved it! I applied it the next morning before work and was really impressed!! Then the flaking began....:..iwithin a couole hours, i looked like I had spent too much time in the sun, got a horrible burn which was now in the peeling stage. I am a religious exfoliater and have never experienced this EVER! I use $275 face cream so the problem is not that I was putting it over cheap moisturizer. Congrats to Armani for
developing a foundation that feels so light and comfortable, but they need to go back to the drawing board to fix the flaking problem. Not an attractive look. Wondering if your skin adjusts after a while and stoos the shedding process, but cant wear it to work if it is going to look this way in a couole hours.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by sandpinkshimmer

I cannot believe I bought into the hype on this product. First let me mention a few things I like about it: it blends into the skin using your fingers like a champ; it feels like there is nothing on your face; and I think pretty much everyone could find a good color match. Now for the bad: the price; the glass bottle packaging; the smell (very fragrant in my opinion and sort of an old lady scent); and how it accentuates every pore and flake on your skin. If you haven't completely exfoliated and are 100% flake-free, do not even think about using this product. I have combination skin that tends to get dry in the winter. I don't have a concern about large pores but when I used this stuff, the area beside my nose was a horror show in no time. I have never once had this happen with a foundation, tinted moisturizer, or BB cream. I have tried applying with a brush and a sponge in addition to using my fingers but nothing helps.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2012 More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I had decided to leave liquid foundation alone after my beloved bobbi brown changed the formula on my 5 year fave. So for the past year I've just been using bb creams. Though I couldnt resist studying up on this gem after a few of my fave YTubers made fave reviews of this foundation. I ran out and grabbed a sample. Lets just say it lived up to its word. I needed #10 and it mended flawlessly creating a beautiful canvas for the rest of my makeup. It gives off a semi-matte look without looking ashy or dry. Actually as the hours go by with wear the better my face looks. I believe this product works best on skin that needs little in the concealer department because it provides medium coverage. It allows for your skin to shine thru versus masking it. It dries to a velvet finish and there is no need for any kind of powder after application. I have oily/combo skin and there has yet to be any adverse reaction. Another benefit is that it worked quite nicely with my daytime skincare products so there was no need to switch that up as well. Overall, I'm very happy with this foundation and I look forward to many more purchases in the future of this great foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Cristy1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I felt compelled to write a review on this product since purchasing it about a week ago. First of all, it is very expensive, but hey, it's Armani--and it comes in a nice glass bottle with a dropper applicator. Having never seen an applicator like this used for a foundation before, I was impressed by how it rations out the foundation for you, much like a pump bottle. Its consistency is very thin and watery (hence the dropper) but then it blends like an absolute dream. It has a slight scent--reminds me of Johnson's baby lotion (which I love) but it quickly dissipates. I was told by "Antonio", the makeup artist at Saks who flew in from South Beach just to showcase Armani products, not to ever apply this with a brush or sponge, to only use your fingers to apply. He said not even the Armani brush. Well. I never. So, I bought it, took it home, followed his advice and boom--beautiful coverage, despite it being so thin. Antonio was right. And the greatest thing? It looks even better an hour later! It somehow covered all my redness around my nose and chin and just looks like my skin, but much, much better. It doesn't look makeup-y at all. I mean, not.at.all. It also contains spf 15, an added bonus. Now, I do understand the negative reviews written about this product. I have a feeling that if you desire full coverage (this is medium at best), have either very dry or very oily skin (and you want good oil control) or just prefer a more traditional foundation, you probably won't like this. There are a few important points one must know before trying this makeup:
1) skin must be thoroughy exfoliated and moisturized before application. Any dry, flaky patches will be exacerbated.
2) do not--I repeat--do not use primer first. This makes it look terrible. It's supposed to "fuse" with your skin.
3) apply only with fingers, not a sponge or brush
Did I leave anything out? Shake this makeup really well first. And the finish is beautiful; very natural and skin-like, but neither dewy nor matte and coverage is light to medium. Like I said earlier, it doesn't really control oil. After I apply in the a.m., I dust some MUFE HD loose powder on top. But that's ok--at my age, I kinda like a slight dewy look after a few hours. Go to the Armani counter and ask for a sample if you're dying to try this, like I was. I ended up buying it and would buy it again!! For color reference, I am a MAC NC35, Chanel Aqualumiere in Beige 40, Laura Mercier Oil free TM in Sand, LM Mineral Powder in Rich Vanilla, and L'Oreal True Match in N4/N5 and
6.5 in this foundation is a perfect match.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Louisee217

I've tried quite a few foudations and tinted moisturisors trying to find one that works for my skin (which is normal/combination) while still looking natural e.g. Dior, Nars, Chanel, Laura Mercier, YSL... I've been using this foudation for about two months now and have very little complaints. I really like the fact that it blends into my skin effortlessly and that it looks very natural while brightening and evening out my skin. It doesn't provide much coverage so if i have any redness, dark circles or blemishes i need to use a concealer but that doesn't bother me. I also really like the shade selection, i often find it hard to find a good colour match, but shade#3 is perfect for me. The lasting power is good, not the best i've ever come across but it lasts around 7 hours(with primer and setting powder). One complaint i have however is it's oil control, this is not so much of an issue for me but i don't think this would last long on anyone with oily skin. My other complaint would have to be the price (36) which is expensive, but depending on how long the bottle lasts me will determine if it is worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Tokkaebi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I am Asian with a more yellow-neutral skin tone rather than yellow-warm, and this foundation is quite wonderful. I have acne and need quite a good amount of coverage. But I'm always so happy with how natural and even my skin looks, that I don't mind some blemishes because my whole face still looks healthy. But if I do need extra coverage, what I do to build is dot and pat on a second layer over my problem areas. It concentrates the pigment even more. Not to where it makes my blemishes completely disappear, but they are very faint, and if you wanted, I'm sure a touch of concealer would do the job after that. Secondly, I have normal-oily skin with dry patches. The worst skin type ever. lol And any foundation emphasizes the dryness, but this works really well for me. The key is really efficient moisturizing, otherwise anything will look cakey no matter what.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by mona912

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I purchased this foundation due to the raved hype reviews because I'm always on the hunt of a good foundation. After trying this foundation for several days now, I'm unsure of this foundation, okay whatever it's called. Coverage tends to be sheer but buildable to medium. I have freckles in my cheekbones and being Asian I prefer a medium to full coverage. I can go from medium to full and yes with a good concealer. This lasts me around 10 hours max before it deteriorates on me looking all patched up around the areas of my nose, definitely not pleasant to look at. I tried to touch up and it looked worst than ever. Then I used Chanel Vitalumiere to touch up and my face looked perfect! Oh yes I have normal oily skin. I just found out that I have some tiny dry patches and it accentuates the dryness. After a good setting powder, dry patches are no longer visible. I also noticed after 3-4 hours of wear my face looked flawless! I might use up this bottle till its gone but probably won't repurchase. Again this bottle will last me for quite a while. For those of you who prefers a more sheer coverage and you don't have discoloration or freckles on your face, this is the foundation for you. This is especially good for those with normal perfect skin type I would say. If you have dry skin, you might want to exfoliate first or else this product will accentuate all the dry flakes on your skin. I mean seriously!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by scunagorelik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is so wonderfully constructed as a foundation, I feel like I'm wearing nothing. It's very light so no heavy coverage or anything. Perfect for summer. The only thing I dislike is the price. I also have the concealer which is very nice as well.