Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 3%) • Cyclohexasiloxane • Dimethicone • Isododecane • Alcohol Denat • Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer • Phenyl Trimethicone • Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer • PEG-10 Dimethicone • Disteardimonium Hectorite • Fragrance • Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract • Limonene • Benzyl Salicylate • Synthetic Fluorphlogopite • Linalool • Benzyl Alcohol • Propylene Carbonate • Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride • Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate • Water • Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Oil • Butylphenyl Methylpropional • Aluminium Hydroxide • Hexyl Cinnamal +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 2/7/2013 3:32:00 AM

Well...everything has been said...and nicely thanks to our fab MUA community! My skin is combination + sensitive I am NC25 and got a shade 4. It's not too yellow it melts invisible = perfect color! I am a big fan of natural looking complexion. If you like drama...maybe that'll be too light:) For reference, I have been using this product for 6 weeks.

I agree with previous reviewers : if you have dry patches or flaking skin, the "maestro" is so thin that it will accentuate it. Having said that...I do have tiny dry spot and here is how I avoid to show it: I apply maestro right after my moisturizer with my fingers working one area at a time and kind of gently "rubbing it in". I tried to use it with the Armani foundation brush (which is amazing by the way) but as said in the instructions, it's not the way to do it....well...I had to try it:) I found that the application with the brush WILL accentuate the dry areas and pores. Now, having said that...with the fingers and a LITTLE at a time...the "maestro" does the job like nothing I came across. I only use it in redness areas.

Now a word on the ingredients....and it's not nice. Paula Begoun, aka the cosmetic cop, had a terrible review of this product because of the 3rd ingredient: alcohol denat. Some alcohol are good (like a good glass of red:) but unfortunately "denatured alcohol" is not the friendly one. Paula points out that it is offensive for the skin and even at small dosages on the skin, it will interfere with collagen production. Please, google her for the full spiel on the topic. The product is lightly scented, not completely unpleasant but not enlightening either. I find it less scented then the Armani "Luminous Silk". IHaving said skin is sensitive and it did not react. I have acne prone and it did NOT break me out neither dried out my skin.

Other word of advice: "shake the sucker!" The bottle is beautifully annoying. Press on the eye dropper to remove any liquid and THEN shake it...otherwise, whatever is in the dropper won't get shaken.

I tried and did not like the famous "Luminous Silk" foundation. I prefer by far the maestro because I do not feel it on my face and it is totally invisible. Luminous silk won't show the dry patches...probably easier to apply but to me...I can tell I have foundation when I wear it.

If you want to add a tiny bit of "glow" to the natural look...I really like to pair it with a dab of the Armani Fluid Sheer (#7 is very natural for me).

Bottom line: It is for me the best "natural" looking "foundation"/skin perfecter.

I really really like this foundation! It is everything I ask for and I am completely in love with it! It is so light that it is almost like your second skin and you can't even see any foundation on your skin when you look up close. Everytime when I am wearing this, nobody notice that I am actually wearing makeup and think I have super nice skin. I am using No. 4, which is a perfect colour match for me. The consistency is very liquid that it almost runs off your hand when you apply it. I found the best way to apply is to use your finger as the warmth on your hand makes the foundation sticks on your skin better. The texture of this foundation is very interesting as it is actually oil and contains no water. It feels like applying dry oil on your face but it does not feel oily at all. After about 10 mins of application, it actually feels more like powdery satin smooth than normal liquid foundation. The coverage is light so if you have a little bit of flaw you will have to wear concealer as I don't think the coverage is buildable. Also it last a good half day in the winter but I think in the summer it might last slightly shorter so it'd better to use together with primer and powder to set. I would highly recommend to people who loves nude makeup but if you are looking for something with higher coverage, it might not be the best product.

on 2/5/2013 4:15:00 AM

I bought this during Christmas time and have been using it since. I think it works well especially for combination skin but as other reviewers mentioned if you have dry spots, it will cling onto them, so make sure to moisturise well beforehand. I like this and am using this mainly now as it lasts well, gives a beautiful glowy finish and my skin just looks fresher when I'm wearing this even if I'm tired.
It is very expensive though, I actually have never spend so much money on a foundation that I did for this one. Think it retailed about 70 euros in my country which is very pricey for a 30 ml! Then again you only need a little bit and it is worth the money though think it could be cheaper.
As for the shades, I found just a right fair shade for my skin which gives quite good coverage also. Very light, feels little bit oily when applying (I apply this with my fingers) but sets nicely and beautifully onto the skin.

on 1/30/2013 2:36:00 PM

Was on the fence about this one. I bought it tried it thought ok and put it to the back of my drawer. I then went on the hunt for a long lasting foundation for my combination skin and bought. Clairns everlasting Dior forever fusion Sisley Ellis Faas blah too many to mention! I. Picked up the armani again a few days ago and thought wow I am so stupid this one is perfect. On me it's pretty medium cover I wear 4.5 which is perfect. I am mac nc20 or 25. What I love is its light but long lasting, this is what I've been searching for you fool.

No change to skin care can use with or without primer I also use the maestro concealer with a touch of the regular armani one on top and it looks pretty good. I have early 40's slightly dry laughter lines.

I agree it's for combo skin as it does cling to dry patches. But it's such a great colour and soooo long lasting its madness. Normally I have to blot and powder but not with this.crazy good.

So older dehydrated but combo skin looking for a light but long lasting texture buy it now.

on 1/24/2013 8:59:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Be warned: this is a love or hate product.

You'll love it: if your skin is oily to combination. If you don't have a lot to hide. If you want natural looking skin. If you like a matte finish (if you have dry skin).

You'll hate it if : If you have dry skin (shows every tiny flake), if you want a dewy finish (powdery finish on dry skin). If your skin is not in great shape. If your skin is mature.

Make sure you buy the closest color to your skin, because of the sheerness of the pigments, you cannot lighten patchiness or large hyper-pigmented areas just with this foundation.

on 1/23/2013 8:50:00 PM

Beautiful semi matte finish.

Doesnt settle into fine lines or pores, does not accentuate dry patches.

Unique dry oil texture, but totally non greasy

Seems to last well, though the coverage is so light it can be hard to tell.

The price. This is far too expensive for what it is. I definitely feel like Im paying more for the prestige of the name and less for the product!

The inclusion of fragrance, bitter orange oil, Linalool, and limonene. All of these have a potential to irritate skin. Bitter orange oil can cause photosensitivity which can cause collagen to break down.

Contains Alcohol denat. There is evidence to suggest that alcohol causes free radical damage, but there are also studies that believe the alcohol evaporates so quickly it has no time to cause any problems.

Contains TONS of silicones. Those who are sensitive will have to skip this.

The sunscreen is 3% Octinoxate. This is a chemical sunscreen that has been known to cause stinging and irritation in those with sensitive skin.

Coverage is very, very light. You can build to a slightly less than medium level of coverage, but those with more than minor skin imperfections will need to do some major concealing.

I think I wouldve given this 3 stars if I hadnt discovered the new Paula's Choice Resist Instant Smoothing Foundation recently. It has an identical finish and better coverage (though it isnt full coverage by any means!). Though I admit it lacks the lightness, longevity, and color selection of Maestro, it more than makes up for it with its lack of irritants (in fact, it is full of proven ingredients that are beneficial for the skin!), and more palatable price tag.

on 1/23/2013 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I wanted to love this, but for everyday work wear it's not the best for me. I do love how it looks and feels on my skin - it's totally natural and I can't feel it on my skin at all. With every other tinted moisturizer or lightweight foundation, no matter how sheer, I still can feel it. This truly feels like you're wearing nothing. And it doesn't make me any shinier than usual, which is quite a feat considering how oily my skin is and the fact that this foundation is oil-based. However, for longevity and coverage this just isn't enough for me. It fades after a few hours and rubs off if I touch my face (blotting is out of the question). It provides very light coverage, maybe a hair more than a tinted moisturizer, so it doesn't quite even out my admittedly not-so-great skin - I have to use a lot of concealer on top. I'll finish up this bottle but won't repurchase...only if it didn't come off so easily and had more coverage (or if my skin improves!) For shade reference: MAC NC 15-20, and I wear 2 in the Maestro. I wear 4 in Armani's Lasting Silk so it would stand to reason that I would wear 4 in the Maestro as well, but that was a touch too dark - 2 was a much better match.

on 1/18/2013 6:12:00 PM

This is my first review ever, and I feel like I need to add my two cents because there are a lot of negative comments about this foundation. This has become my HG foundation, I personally love this foundation! If you are a person with really bad skin or likes to have full coverage this may not be for you. I find that application with my fingers delivers the best finish and at most this gives a medium coverage. The finish is very natural which is awesome for me because I don't care for the recent trend towards "luminous" foundations that make my skin shiny. Yes, the price is expensive but this foundation is worth it. It feels so light on your skin and blends very well. I'm normally an NC 20-25 in winter and I find that the 4 works well. If you are more on the 25 side you may need 4.5. I got samples of both and they both have good yellow undertones. I find that putting a light layer of primer on my cheeks where my pores are largest makes this look flawless. If you have any dark discolorations or blemishes you may wish to put concealer on underneath as well. Don't be put off by the bad reviews, try this wonderful foundation for yourself!

Update: After a couple weeks of using this foundation, I haven't broken out at all and everyday I love it more! The color doesn't oxidize at all and this has now become my HG foundation.

on 1/13/2013 12:51:00 PM

UPDATE: after some time I learnt whats the best way to use it- dont use water based moisturiser- use oil. Over oil it glides beautifully and it simply sinks into the skin. The other tip- massage it into the skin, dont pat, dont use brush or sponge. Layer it for more coverage.
This way I get perfect, seamless skin and even sellers at makeup counters cant tell if I have foundation or not.

I read all reviews on internet which I could find and I was pretty sure that I will HATE this product... I asked for sample anyway and oh my god... Its just the BEST foundation I ever used!! I just cant get over it.
First of all, I dont have acne or redness to conceal or huge pores. I have pigmentation around my mouth and nose so the light coverage is enough for me.

The BEST thing about this foundation is the consistency. Its so light, its not like other 'super light' foundations, its MORE than light then. Silky smooth. Blends immediately, no smudges, no streaks, nothing. PERFECT skin. Its just crazy, I feel like I dont have anything on my skin. Its not drying out my normal skin nor moisturising it. On my oilier nose it keeps it not shiny at all without any powder.

Bottle with pipette isnt the most practical but so luxurious! The smell is pleasant and fortunately dissapears. My colour- 4 is perfect match.

The only minus? I guess would be the price but for me- I dont use much of this and I fell its gonna last quite some time.

on 1/12/2013 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is absolutely one of my HG foundations! I have tried quite a lot of foundations, from drugstore to high end, and this is by far the greatest. It is very light and fluid, definitely a little goes a long way. The coverage is quite shear, but buildable. If I wear this alone, I would usually put one layer on my face and just add another layer to cover my blemishes. I usually wear this with Bobbi Brown BB cream underneath. The combination is very beautiful. Luminous and natural looking (in spite of having two layers of makeup!). I know that it's quite too much product, but I find that the finish is just so beautiful. And it lasts forever too. I usually work ten hours a day and with a primer (hour glass serum primer), it's still good (with minimal fading) by the time I get out. The only thing that I don't like (aside from the price) is that it can be drying and can accentuate dry patches.. Now that it's getting colder I don't get to use it as much. Overall though, I really love this foundation and would definitely go back to using it once the weather is a little warmer.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Foundation - Tony Moly CC Cream vs. Hera UV BB Mist vs. Armani Maestro vs. Armani Face Fabric by Josephine Chiu

Top Rated Giorgio Armani Products