November 23, 2014 | 1955 users online

Palettes - LORAC - PRO Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Goldensunset83

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this palette because the pigmentation it OUTSTANDING and the eye shadows literally blend so easily! This is one of the best buys every besides my Naked 2 palette. The top row has matte and the bottom has shimmery. With all of the colors you can make endless combinations from soft day looks to dramatic night looks. The Lorac Pro is also great for travel because its so sleek and thin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 4:04:00 AM More reviews by meganxoxo1996

My favorite palette of all time :) I normally stick to drugstore products, and this is the first expensive palette I've purchased and I could not be any happier. The colors are so pigmented and gorgeous, and I love the mix of mattes and shimmers. This palette is so versatile, you can create so many different looks. It is a must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Margeilles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This palette is really good because it gives both matte and metallic shadows. I prefer this over UD because you kind of get all of the Naked collections in this one palette, meaning you get the "neutrals, bronze(y), and pink(y)" spectrum without having to dish out $156 for UD and with this you get a eye primer free with it. The only problem I have found that it's made with cardboard packaging, I'm a little rough with my palettes and this will probably not last very well for me. Other than that I can't complain!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by VMV

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was really surprised about the quality of these shadows. They have really good pigmentation even the lightest ones. I do have a little blending problems with the dark shades. Also there is some fallout but I have it with every eyeshadow that I own. Packaging is very sleek and nice but it gets dirty easily.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by k0k0black

I am probably in the minority here that wasn't all that impressed with the lorac pro palette. I tried so hard to love it because the colors are so amazing and it seemed like it had potential to be my go-to and travelling palette. However I had some blendability issues with some of the deeper matte shades. I'll sum up everything in pros and cons.

Pros:
- Gorgeous color selection
- The MOST pigmented eyeshadows I've come across. Every color swatched beautifully.
- 8 mattes, 8 shimmers. Genius !
- Long lasting (I have non oily eyelids)
- Texture is buttery smooth
- Packaging is very slim and lightweight. About half the size of a naked palette.
- The bottom half (shimmers) blend amazingly. The lighter matte shades also blend well.

Cons:
- The shadows are powdery and will leave fallouts. You must tap off the excess on your brush before applying it to your eyelids.
- The deeper mattes in the palette do not blend well. Mainly sable, expresso and black.

I don't know whether my palette was just a dud but the main crease colors which are the deeper MATTE browns and blacks don't want to blend for me. They love to leave a harsh line in my crease which makes me put SO much effort in blending it out. I have to blend so much that I got put off with using the palette. No there is nothing wrong with the way I apply my eyeshadows. I apply them the same way I apply my urban decay/too faced shadows and they all BLEND well. Plus I was annoyed with the fallouts and making sure I have to tap my brush before I start applying them.
One tip though, in order for me to get the deeper matte shades to work, I have to apply using a fluffier blending brush so that the colors are more evenly distributed and less concentrated. This will help prevent the harsh line in the crease area.

Overall I am just frustrated that i can't get myself to love this palette. I really wanted to. There's just more effort I must put in when using the mattes. (nothing wrong with the shimmers). But then again, like I said, the palette I got may have been a dud.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by xbexiee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I adore this palette. It's super hard to come by in the UK, but I managed to win an eBay auction (albeit at a ridiculously high price) The shimmer shades are what I typically gravitate towards, they are stunning and crazy pigmented. I love how versatile the palette is, from neutral to smokey, you can do it all. If I were to lose it I'd definitely try my best to get my hands on it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by llorona19

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hoard palettes. I hoard make-up in general but when a palette comes out, I have to have it. When I do y makeup in the morning I generally use 4-5 palettes because I am picking and choosing colors from each. This palette, however, is the exception. I LOVE IT.

When I am staying the night somewhere I used to have to take tons of different eyeshadows and palettes but I can make tons of several look with this one palette. It is the best. I am sure most of you know how companies LOVE to make their shadows with shimmer or glimmer and I really can't stand it sometimes. So this palette has 8 MATTE shades and 8 Shimmer shades. They really compliment each other. The "nude" color reminds me of Urban Decays Sin. Taupe Reminds me of UD's Buck. White and black or great dupes for Sonia Kashuks black palette. Espresso is a great dark chocolate. Pewter reminds me of YDK from Uran Decay or Satin Taupe from MAC. Nothing seems to be an exact dupe for another. The Cream color is a great highlight for the brow bone.

I bought it alone, which was $42 I believe. Later on they had a "Red Hot' set which came with a lot more and was only $39. That kind of irked me but I think it is worth it either way. Some days I like to wear all mattes. Like the Cream for the lid, and the sable for the crease, and others the Pewter is my fav.

It is VERY thin and sleek. It fits very well in your purse. The only thing I don't like is the way the palette is, it can get a lot of fingerprints on it. Other than that, it has a nice size mirror and is perfect for taking out overnight somewhere.

Overall. It is an excellent palette and a great buy for the money

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by ihoardmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

This palette is great for someone who doesn't really want a lot of makeup, but still wants a good selection of shade. I really like the formula of these shadows, definitely more on the powdery side, but overall very nice and pigmented. The packaging, although prone to getting dirty, is nice and slim. Still sturdy, and also classy. The shade selection is pretty massive. I like the row of mattes, that is something that makes this palette really unique. I don't use too frequently, only because the shadows are leaning towards the cool side. I took one lippie off for the little itsy bitsy pans. You don't get a ton of product in one pan, so be wary of how much product you pick up! I do like this quite a bit! I would recommend for amateurs, but not beginners. It may be too hard to use the product sparingly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 8:02:00 AM More reviews by sadiemonster

I was torn between this and one of the Urban Decay Naked palettes, which I'm yet to try, but chose this because of the range of matte shades and because I have a mild allergic reaction to some eyeshadows and I heard LORAC is especially formulated for sensitive eyes. I certainly didn't regret the purchase. In fact, it's one of the best makeup purchases I've ever made.

PROS:
*Value for money. Though the eyeshadows are small, they're highly pigmented and good quality, and for the price, you get a good range.
*The range of colours is great. If this is the only eyeshadow palette you have, it's enough.
*You can create A LOT of different looks with the selection of shades. You can create a dramatic metallic gold look, a natural matte pinky/brown contour, use the plum, black or espresso shades as liners, use the white and cream to blend with and lighten the other shades, or go for a full-on smokey evening look with the black, slate and purple.
*The shadows are all creamy, highly-pigmented, good quality shadows. Easy to apply and, in my experience, longwearing.
*Half the shadows are matte and half shimmer. I love having both options.
*NONE OF THE SHADES IRRITATE MY SENSITIVE EYES. Woohoo!

CONS:
*The case. It's dumb. It's made of cardboard, so it gets dirty, and it doesn't clip shut or anything. So it's not ideal for throwing in a makeup bag.
*The Sephora pic does make the colours in general look a little more purple/blue than they are. The palette is basically pretty earthy. I have no issues with the actual colours, I just thought I should point that out.
*I do, however, wish there was a light or mid-toned grey to go with the dark metallic charcoal "slate" shade. The colours generally tend toward golds and warm pinky-browns, so there are less options for grey/silver/blue tones.
*You can't actually buy the colours separately, so if you find one you love (nude!), too bad.

THE MATTE COLOURS:

WHITE: This is a basic white. Practical, a bit chalky but better than other whites I've tried. I've also hit bottom way before the others, because I tend to sweep it up to the brow-bone.

CREAM: I rarely use this, because I'm pale and it's exactly the same shade as my powder (NARS loose powder in "snow.")

TAUPE: This is really more of a warm mid-toned fawn colour. I think of taupe as more cool-toned. Good shade, though.

LIGHT PINK: Basic pale pink; pretty and practical.

MAUVE: Now THIS is what I'd call taupe. It's a cool-toned, soft light brown. Great for using in the crease, and easy to blend. I use it a lot.

SABLE: A darker, warmer brown. Like a squirrel.

ESPRESSO: A rich cocoa brown. Highly pigmented and good for lining and even adding hair-strokes to brows with a narrow angled brush. One of the best basic matte dark browns I've ever had.

BLACK: A really rich, highly pigmented black. I choose this over the blacks in some of my other palettes because it's so pigmented. It blends well, too. Use with "Slate" for a dramatic smoky eye.

THE SHIMMER COLOURS:

NUDE: The perfect shimmery neutral. I've hit bottom, and I don't know what to do about it. I used to use Laura Mercier Sateen Eye Colour in Sandstone, but they changed the damn formula. This is a dupe for the original - maybe a touch lighter. It's pearlescent rather than glittery - the shimmer is really finely milled. You only need to tap your brush in it once for the whole lid too, so a little goes a long way.

CHAMPAGNE: Similar colour, but very glittery. I don't use it much. More beige than it looks in the Sephora pic. (EDIT: I have been using this more since the nude ran out, and I actually love it, glitter and all. It really brightens the eye).

GOLD: A true, rich, light metallic gold. Really pretty. Looks nice under the lower lashes, too.

LIGHT BRONZE: Lighter and a touch more yellow than the gold, with finely-milled shimmer. It makes a good neutral, and make your eyes pop.

PEWTER: Cooler-toned shimmery taupe. It's lovely. I use this under the lower lashes, too.

GARNET: Metallic rust. It's not a colour I use much, as I don't tend to wear ruddy autumnal shades, but it's fun for a change, and a lovely formula.

DEEP PURPLE: I just realised I haven't used this at all, and I have no idea why. I guess I don't wear plum much? It doesn't blend well, but works great as a liner.

SLATE: This is my second favourite, after "Nude." A deep metallic charcoal, with a lot of sparkle. It makes my blue eyes look HUGE, especially with the White and Black, and Nude in the inner corners of the eyes. Makes me want to experiment with more blues and greys.

In short, I love this palette and would repurchase. My only issue is that I'm running out of the neutrals, and can't replace them because they're not sold separately. This is a strange move on LORAC's part, because they've got me hooked on a couple of shades, and I'll have to go out and find dupes in other brands. GAH!

If anyone can recommend a non-irritating shimmery neutral to rival "Nude," please let me know! It seems like a basic that would be easy to find, but I have to buy most of my makeup online, so I rely on reviews and word-of-mouth to find reliable staples.

Sorry my reviews are so verbose.

EDIT: I found another downside to this otherwise awesome palette. When you hit the pan in the small square-shaped shadows, all that's left is in the four corners, so it's really hard to coat your brush with it. Even harder to pick it up with a narrow angled liner brush. This is a minor gripe, and not a dealbreaker, but round shadows would probably be more practical.

19 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by beautylatte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is such a lovely, high-performing palette. It is different than the Naked palettes due to the extensive range of mattes and shimmers found here. They are just beautiful...so creamy and the pigmentation is out of this world!! I don't get fallout with these like I do with the Naked palette. Notably there is no microglitter in the LORAC so my eyes don't look like a disco ball after applying any of the shades. Mostly neutral, but a couple jewel tones help me create a great range of looks.

Now I LOVE my Naked 1 palette. It unleashed my love for eyeshadow and is lovely on so many levels. I love having these two palettes and find them different enough to have both. I would not want to choose between the two because I love them both equally, for different reasons. BUT if you just wanted one neutral, everyday palette and asked me which to get I would have to say...the LORAC Pro. Why? Because half of the shades are matte, other half shimmer, a huge range of 16 colors to play with, all richly pigmented AND it comes with the BEST eyeshadow primer (now my HG). It's a great buy and if this was the only palette you had, you'd be satisfied.

Get this palette. You will LOVEEEEE it!!!