September 2, 2014 | 1418 users online

Palettes - LORAC - PRO Palette

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

I just repurchased my second LORAC PRO Palette as this is something that I use A LOT and had hit pan on almost all the colors in the palette. These eyeshadows are velvety in texture and blend like butter, they are heavenly to use.

I use a lot of LORAC cosmetics and have yet to purchase something that did not meet or exceed my very picky expectations. I do shy away from eyeshadows that are too glittery and do like to stick with mattes, pearlescent and low shimmers. With LORAC, even her glittery eyeshadows are complimentary to aging eyelids.

I have never experienced fallout from any of her shadows, but I always use an eye primer to get the best and longest lasting results. This coupled with LORAC eyeliner in either Black or Dark Brown and topped with PRO mascara always makes my eyes pop and gives me great looking results.

I just purchased my second as part of the Christmas blockbuster that included the PRO palette, primer, full size PRO mascara and full size eyeliner in black for $48...that's an awesome deal since this palette alone sells for $42!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by kbaker21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just purchased this today from Ulta on a whim but I'm very reassured after reading a couple of other reviews. Like many others, I was on the fence with UD Naked 2. i Love UD but $50 was just out of my comfort zone. I love the feeling of a deal lol. Lorac sold me when this I saw that this palette also came with their liquid eyeliner and eye primer for only $39!!!! So go to Ulta and purchase this like yesterday!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by kelley808

Let me start off by saying that I have the BEST husband, EVER! He had been watching carefully for the past 6 months as I combed the internet, read reviews, looked at swatches and suggestions on dupes to decide which neutral palette to buy; since I was pretty sure I was going to get UD Naked 1. (We are on a somewhat limited budget, so I wanted to make sure that I chose "the one"-since I was really only going to purchase one palette for the remainder of the year.) Well, nevertheless, we received some great news yesterday. So he asked me, "honey, how much is the make up you want?" I told him that the ones I really like cost about $150, but I have a 20% off coupon, so it would be a little less. He hands me $200 and tells me, "go get what you want, honey. I love you." So off I went! After going back and forth swatching the UD Naked eyeshadow palette and the Lorac Pro eyeshadow palette, I decided on Lorac's because of the insanely silky consistency and the beautiful neutral colors. This is my first Lorac palette, and I am soooo happy I got it! (Side note-on my way to the register I was able to find the last NYX Nude on Nude palette with the lipglosses and also picked up UD Vice 2, which was another item I was eyeing and am so lucky my husband gave me enough money to get it!) Final cost after taxes and discount-$106!!!! I am sooo happy!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Jhe9488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love. I used to love my Naked 2 palette and used it for my every day makeup, but ever since getting this one, my other neutral palettes have stayed in my drawer. I think compared to the Naked 2 palette and the MAC eye shadows, the shadows in this palette are more pigmented and more easily blendable. I think the biggest difference is definitely the texture. The shadows are so unbelievably soft, unlike any other eye shadows I've ever used; I can't even explain how it feels when you swatch it on your fingers. It's like swiping your fingers over silk.

I also think the colors are great. I normally only wear neutrals, but there are definitely some more exciting options in there (like Garnet -- a coppery shade great for fall). I also love that there are 8 matte shades and 8 shimmery shades. I think that the matte shades definitely separate this palette from others I've used. I think that the Urban Decay palettes do not have enough matte colors and I find that the MAC ones can often been a bit chalky. The color Champagne is very similar to MAC's Naked Lunch, which is one of my all time favorites. The color Pewter is similiar, although slightly darker than MAC's Satin Taupe, also one of my all time favorites. I think the matte black shade in there (conveniently called black) is better than MAC's carbon. Cream has also become my favorite matte brow highlight color, in my opinion superior to MAC Blanc Type and Foxy from the Naked 2 palette. I find Blanc Type less blendable and Foxy too yellow. The one color I do miss from my Naked 2 palette is Tease.

I also love the packaging. I never end up using brushes that come with palettes anyways so I love that this palette is light, slim and compact, with no extra slots for anything. It is great for traveling and has a nice sized mirror.

I personally also think that at $42, it's definitely worth the price for 16 colors. I know that each of the pans is less product that most palettes, but I honestly never hit pan anyway so I think for the color selection, it's definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Stareast

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first high end palette (but I didn't have a lot of eyeshadows before anyways) and I'd even debating between the 2 naked palettes, stila in the light, and this. All of the girls at sephora were telling me that they loved these shadows and they were so right! They're so creamy and easy to blend and had all the colours, matte and shimmery that I need, including a matte black that I often use to subtlety line my upper lash line. No complaints about the price, $42 for 16 gorgeous shadows and a decent primer in travel size.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by aimsterdam

It is a very nice palette with a good variety of colors. The colors have great pigmentation BUT i ALWAYS have a hard time blending the darker colors like the black and deep purple. I BARELY dab my brush into the color and once i place it onto my eye, its SOOO hard to blend and i have to be super be careful to not make mistakes. 1 lippy off for that. I wish the dark colors were easier to blend. the colors are also pretty dusty and make a mess. Very nice palette otherwise.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by thegrumpus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love my pro palette so far! The colors are beautiful, and so buttery in texture, that they're a dream to apply! I like the variety of shades, and how there is a mix of shimmery and matte. I feel like you truly can create almost any look with this! They are also long lasting. Applied it in the morning, was out and about all day (my last stop was the gym), and when I got home it was still looking like I had just applied it! I hadn't put on primer either since I was in a rush! I think I may even like this better than my naked palette....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Let me first start out by saying that I am extremely picky about eyeshadows. They have to be buttery, pigmented, true to color, and long wearing. These shadows check off all those things. This palette is AMAZING. I am so glad I bought it. Not one color is a dud. I also love the mixture of mattes and shimmer. Run out and get this palette NOW.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by rediscoverme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I lost the internal battle against getting this palette recently, and I have to say that I am super happy I actually decided to go through with my purchase! I've been staring at it for what seems like forever, but I just couldn't commit when I have almost every other naked/neutral palette available. The thing is that every time I go into a makeup store, I find myself right back in the Lorac section playing with the Pro palette. I just couldn't hold myself back any longer!

Pros:

It has such a wonderful range of colors, and they are unbelievably pigmented. I was extremely impressed with the fact that they have such an ideal balance of matte and shimmer colors, which is a very big plus for me. I never thought I would care much for matte shadows, but they are a definite must for crease colors and blending purposes. The shadow colors are all to die for, I can confidently say it is the first palette I've ever bought that I will use every single shadow in.

This is the first neutral palette that I can actually use without needing to grab a different color from anywhere else. So convenient!

The mirror is great, and the names are quite literal, which I find kind of useful.

The textures are creamy, rich, buttery, silky ...and all of the other stuff we all look for in eyeshadow textures and quality. Even though I have come across the powdery thing that others have spoken up about with Lorac shadows in the past, It has not been the case with this one any time I've ever sampled or used it. This was actually another big reason I finally purchased it. The quality just seems superior, and that's saying a lot considering that powdery or not, I absolutely love Lorac's eyeshadows.

I purchased mine for $42.00, which is overall cheaper than the other neutral palettes out there.

CONS:

The Packaging. I love that it's flat because it being compact makes it awesome for travel, but I am disappointed to find that it is made out of some sort of hard cardboard. Truth be told, I didn't even realize it until reading these reviews, but I can see where it would be an issue with smudges or concerns that it will be flimsy. The cardboard-ey thing it's made out of seems pretty sturdy, so it's definitely not that much of a negative for me. Like I said, I find it just sort of disappointing.

The shadows are small compared to other neutral palettes. Even though I purchased it not too long ago, and it's terribly pigmented so as to not have to use so much, I'm already having anxiety over hitting pan on the colors I know I will use really often. I guess this can also be seen as a plus, if only because I love it so much that I'm already freaking out about running out. I will also add that I justify the smaller size in my head as being an OK thing because of the amount of different colors it comes with; most neutral palettes may have bigger pans, but they don't have the range this one does.

The champagne color, which I was hoping would be a constant inner eye highlighter color for me, has chunks of glitter in it. It's a beautiful color, but I can't STAND getting glitter all over my face. This is probably one of the things I'm most bummed out about because I'm worried I won't want to use it very often as I don't really want to deal with the clean-up hassle. I'm also worried about what other colors I may find in the pallet which will have chunks of glitter in it. The chunks are actually not as big as say, the UD shadows that contain glitter in them, but it's still irritating.

----

Overall, I find this an amazing palette. I would recommend it to anyone looking for just one neutral pallet or starting their collection. The positives definitely outweigh any negatives for me, and I can't wait to see what different combinations I can create with it!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by rockabettie83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this thinking that since everyone I've seen on YouTube loves this palette I might like it too. Boy was I wrong. I gave it a try and it is the worst group of eye shadows I have ever used. The colors are nice but that's it. Too much fallout and even using the primer that it came with it does not last. I would apply the shadow and it I dared to blend it would disappear. Man what a rip off! I'm glad I was able to return it and try something else that seems to work better for me. My biggest suggestion is try the product out at a Sephora or Ulta before buying online because otherwise you may be disappointed.