LORAC PRO Palette

4.5

Pros:
-Super sleek, amazing packaging - so easy for travel
-16 contrasting, unique shades
-Every single shadow feels like butter - even the matte ones! They are so soft and easy to blend
-Gives you an array of color combo choices you may not have thought of

Cons:
-For me personally, none. I can honestly say I enjoy every single shade, and texture in this palette. The super light matte shades (White, Cream, Lt. Pink) are extremely pigmented and beautiful under the brow bone, and the darker shades are extremely rich and easy to drag under the lash line for a smudged out liner look. There is not a single shadow in here that has poor color pay off. There are a few shades that I don't wear as often (Slate, Garnet, Deep Purple) but they are still gorgeous and just as easy to use as the others in this palette. Besides the 3 shades I mentioned above, I think this whole palette is day friendly and definitely both neutral and earth toned. The shades Nude and Champagne swatch the same, but honestly look different on. Nude is definitely more opaque, and a little more peachy toned.

If you are a palette lover and want something with an interesting variety of shades and textures, this is the one for you!! Lorac is cheaper than some of the other high end brands, and you get 16 unique, wearable shades. You won't regret purchasing this one! A lot to love!

This is my go-to palette! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! Great pigmentation and the colors wear well.

on 5/19/2014 12:14:00 PM

This is, without doubt, the best palette ever made. It's got everything you need to make a perfect day look and everything you need to make a nighttime look and any look in between. I love that half the shadows are matte I only wish that the 'cream' shade was the size of 2 of the little pods. I can even do my brows with one of the colors, it's without doubt the best palette out there. The colors are rich and pigmented, silky and blendable. I use this a good 5-6 times a week.

on 5/4/2014 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This has got to be my HG palette. It has all the colors that match perfect for my olive skin tone. The colors are very pigmented and blend well. I don't know how I ever lived without this palette.

on 5/4/2014 11:13:00 AM

I'll keep this short, because I'm not the first or last to talk about this amazing palette. It's miles better than the first two UD Naked palettes (don't own the 3rd so I won't speak for that). The colors are more wearable and the textures and much better. They blend well, have great pigmentation, and I love having an even number of mattes and shimmers. The colors are neutral but not boring. Colors like mauve and pewter are fun to play around with. Every color hits the mark here, except for one: champagne. I don't even understand how this one made it into the palette. The only time I ever use this is when I accidentally use this instead of nude when I'm not paying attention to what I'm doing. Champagne is like nude but awful. Full of chunky, fallout glitter. Not as bad as Sidecar in the Naked palette, and maybe I'm just spoiled by all the other A+ shades in this palette, but yeah, that one is unfortunately going to go to waste. The nude shade is very similar though and MILES better; a pretty, neutral, glowy nude color that can be worn on its own or over other colors. One of my all time favorite eye shadows. This palette is wonderful. The packaging is wonderful. If this palette appeals to you or you want a neutral palette, give it a try! I use this almost every day. It's very worth it.

on 4/24/2014 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Im on the fence with this..I like the slim packaging dont like the finger print magnet the case is tho..I like having all those basic mattes to choose from its wonderfully soft&creamy.easy to blend.it dosnt last as long as my UD shadows but its better lasting then some of my the balm shadows..the only thing is except for the garnet&purple shadow this palette dosnt really excite me. Its a wonderful basic&more palette perfect for traveling light but still having almost any look for any ocassion.it would be a wonderful 1st higher end peice.

on 4/23/2014 7:11:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Appearance: This product is encased in a black flip palette with a mirror on the inside. The palette is slim in appearance. Sidenote: I've noticed the silver lettering of the palette is wearing off where I hold the palette while applying.

Cost: The palette cost $42.00 at Ulta. If planning on purchasing I'd wait till Ulta runs a free gift with purchase. Mine came with a deluxe sample of LORAC eye primer which wears quite nicely under eyeshadows.

Wearability: The palette contains 8 matte shades and 8 shimmer shades. The colors are a nice collection of neutrals and darker colors for a smokey eye. The shimmer shadows are not over the top shimmery but still impart a nice sheen. The mattes are soft and buttery and not at all chalky.

Overall thoughts: I find myself reaching for this palette on most days. If I were ever to run out of this palette I would definitely repurchase this. It's nothing special in terms of new colors but definitely a great palette to add to your collection.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have mixed feelings about this palette.

On the one hand, I use this almost every single day. The matte shadows are out of this world in terms of texture and versatility. They provide me with the perfect crease shades - particularly "Mauve" and "Sable" - and "Black" and "Expresso" are great for setting liquid eyeliner. They are really pigmented and creamy, just like everyone says, and blend like a dream.

However, the shimmer shades are pretty mediocre if not entirely forgettable. I think I have used them no more than a handful of times. "Nude", "Champagne", and "Light Bronze" are utterly bland shades with no dimension whatsoever, and "Champagne" in particular is quite chalky and not pigmented at all. "Deep Purple" was very ashy and flat. And while most of them have a great texture to them, the colors are just so subpar and cheap looking. The one exception is "Gold", which is just.... oh my God gorgeous. Just not really wearable on an every day basis.

So, I think you should definitely invest in another palette. Yes, the mattes are great, but I still technically wasted my money on half the palette. Definitely not worth the hype. When I hit pan on my favorite shadows, I'm definitely turning to the Viseart Neutral Palette Matte palette.

on 4/11/2014 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Extremely versatile palette. Eyeshadows are creamy and blend able. Love the fact you can have different matte and shimmer looks from one palette!

on 4/8/2014 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

The older I'm getting, the more drawn to neutral shadows I'm becoming. I've collected so many that I need to be pretty choosy with new purchases. This made the cut and I am very glad I purchased it. The shadows are soft, well pigmented, and apply smoothly. There is a nice selection of your usual neutral shades and a few unique colors like Mauve. Very good investment.

Popular Palettes