April 24, 2014 | 1471 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Rebel Lipstick

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

very pretty sophisticated color for my Mac NC40-2 skin tone. I use it with beet lipliner and sometimes top it off with a little gloss. It's a strong color, but pretty doesn't look Gothic or purple pair it with gingerly blush my mac and it's perfect for a night out or wear it in the day time with just mascara and a little blush definitely a keeper I don't know why I took so long to buy it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Rebel is a beautiful alternative to a red lip. It's a reddened-berry with great color payoff. Its satin finish makes it moisturizing and slightly glossy. It's not too opaque so it can be build able. Rebel really compliments my deep (NARS Syracuse) skintone. I'm very excited to wear it this Fall.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by babyshark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love love love MAC Rebel! this is my current fave lippie from MAC... I will definitely repurchase! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by shadyngozi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off, let me see that this is a must have for all women, especially WOC. This has been my go to polish for special events for two years. I love Rebel! It's the perfect blend of red/purple/magenta. Super sexy! I'm actually pretty sad that I'm running low on Rebel but thankfully Revlon's "Embrace" is a close enough dupe! (Rebel is a little deeper, but I've had people tell me they thought I was wearing Rebel when I was actually wearing Embrace). Anyway, must buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by sayshal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, Mac's lipstick formulas are fantastic. I find them to be a little drying, but they last for ages and stain the lips for long-lasting color. Rebel (on me) is a gorgeous magenta/berry/purple shade. Definitely a statement lipstick, but one I wouldn't hesitate to wear for everyday in the fall/winter months. All in all, I love this color and would definitely recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by classicfilmbroad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am so bummed. I had been lemming for this color like mad. It has such amazing reviews on MUA and every swatch I have seen was beautiful. I bought it mostly due to the recommendation of Lisa Eldridge in pin-up look video that she has on her website. Well, Rebel finally came in the mail today. I immediately put it on and it pulled straight up hot pink on me. :( I'm so sad. I have tried using it even as just a stain and I still look like Tammy Faye Baker. I'm giving it a three because the formula itself isn't bad and apparently everyone else in the world but me can use this color. For the record -- I am a PPP with very dark brown hair and dark green eyes. I'm probably going to be returning this unless anyone has any suggestions. Sad day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by krispykreme90

It was my friend's hen party a few months ago and i wore a purple/magenta patterned headscarf. I didnt have much makeup on and my lips were bare...until i tried on my friend's MAC Rebel lipstick. When I first looked at the lipstick shade itself I was a little hesitant and felt it would look too strong for my pale skin..but as soon as i put it on I was just in awe. Nver has a strong coloured lipstick looked so good on me! It was just the perfect shade! On my lips it came out looking more like a strong magenta shade which I never tried before previously. My friends loved it on me and said it looked great. This felt nice as my lips are thinnish/medium and dont always get noticed, but with this brave shade, it just stood out and made me feel sexy but sophisticated at the same time. It also matched perfectly with my scarf lol. It made my lips feel moisturised and smooth and i didnt even have to reapply it as it stayed on throughout the whole day. And even when it came to washing it off, it took a long time to scrubbing it off, which shows it has a strong lasting power. Needless to say, I immediately purchased the lipstick afterwards ;o)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by PrincessGizmo

I love the color, it is perfect for my skin and just makes my lips look amazing, but the glitter. I do not mind have glitter in my lip glosses or lipsticks, but in this one it just makes it feel so gritty on my lips. The glitter makes it so I cannot apply smoothly at all. I am very sad that it ended up feeling this way, because the color and matteness of it is so amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Charleew

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I now adore this product! I never tried it before as in the bullet it looks SOOO dark but one of my other makeup artist friends had an interview with MAC and she asked me to be her model (as its one brand I always wear and know a lot about) I fell in love and bought it on the spot.
I recently dyed my hair a weird mix of pinky purple with red tones with black underneath (looks nicer than it sounds) and it matches my hair perfectly.
When I use it with my normal makeup I use Vino lip pencil underneath. The wear is incredible. I get no bleeding throughout the day. The color stays true without printing. Which i find SO hard to find in bright lipsticks. - even better when meeting my boyfriend at the airport after being away for business! It's now my signature color and I never stop getting compliments about it.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by jamster86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

As with all MAC satin lipsticks this wears well and still feels nice and smooth to put on. I tend to go for the red lip look normally, but this is my HG colour when I fancy a change. It looks quite dark purple in the tube, but when you put it on it's a sort of purply berry colour. It's definitely bold and gets you noticed! It lasts for hours even though eating and drinking and doesn't bleed or smudge in my opinion. This is once of my absolute favourites and I will always have a tube in my make up bag for days when I want some colour. Lovely!

Edit: I've seen on a couple of websites that people have commented on the glitter in this lipstick. I just have to say - there is no glitter whatsoever! It's definitely not gritty at all, it has a gorgeous smooth texture. LOVE IT.