MAC Rebel Lipstick

4.6

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

i'm nw15 with dark hair and green eyes and this does not cut it for me. on me it looks hot fuschia and i prefer deeper colors like cyber and prince noir. however this looks amazing on tan skin tones.

on 4/14/2013 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

ok... love this lipstick but who felt the need to put up a pic of their crusty lips (second pic)
just lost my appetite

on 4/14/2013 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I knew that Rebel had a crazy high rating here at MUA and so I checked it out in store a few months ago. The SA put it on me and, to be honest, I wasn't thrilled about it. My skin is very fair and my hair and eyes dark so in theory this should be a great lipstick colour on me. Well, maybe if I were 15 or 20 years younger. But I felt it looked harsh and made me think of this mom from years back when my kids (now young adults) were in primary school and this mom - also very pale and not exactly in "the first flush of youth" - wore a very deep blue red lipstick that looked really aging on her (as a dyed in the wool makeup addict, I've always love and noticed strong lipstick colours but couldn't help noticing that this shade was not flattering on this woman). So, fast forward to a few months back and there I was, feeling that I looked just like this woman did.

BUT....I had to bring a cosmetics purchase up to $75 so went over to MAC to purchase two lippies for this purpose and I decided "What the hell....I'll be a rebel and buy Rebel." I don't wear it often and when I do, I apply with a light hand and rather than going light on the eye (as many would do with a red lip), I do make a point of going a bit intense on the eye and cheek as well, not so much to compete with the lip colour as to balance it out so it doesn't look quite so harsh and aging. With a bit of attention to detail, I can wear this but, at this point, I doubt this would be a "repurchase" for me since I'll be older still by the time I use this one up!

on 4/10/2013 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is a beautiful berry purple lipstick that looks lovely on my NC44-NC45 skin and is my go to going out lipstick. I love the satin finish which isn't too dry but the colour is long lasting on my lips and leaves a slight stain when it starts to fade. I will be repurchasing this once I've finished.

on 4/6/2013 8:00:00 AM

My all time favourite lipstick ever! With very very pale skin and black hair I struggle to find dramatic lipsticks which don't also look very gothic and draining. MAC's Rebel is a very purple pink shade with enough of a dark red tone to make it classy looking like a deep red, if lightly applied it also looks fantastic for day wear for a pop of colour.

Fantastic texture, longevity and packaging! Some people may think MAC's lipsticks are expensive at now 14 gbp but I believe anyone who actually tried this would begin to think differently, worth every penny!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I pretty much luv Rebel as a every day color. I don't too much wear a lot of eye make up,so I like a pop of color on my lips & this is nice. In the tube it looks mire deep of a burgandy,plum. But applies more sheer. That's way I didn't wear it as much @ 1st,but once I did I got a lot of compliments. My friend who is west Indies,has it also & told me it looked pretty,so it looks different...but pretty on different skin tones.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I don't know what makes this color so amazing but nothing makes me feel more glamorous or supermodel-esque than rebel. I pop this on, turn around, and strike a pose at my 'imaginary' paparazzi :). This is a gorgeous plummy red color that I would imagine would look great on warm and cool skintones alike, and looks the best with a bronzy eye or a strong cat liner. Go check it out, but be warned, if you decide to try you, I'm sure you're gonna buy it.

on 3/19/2013 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

With a name like Rebel, I expected a stronger more powerful color. Something that said "if you cross me, I'll ruin your career." It came out more "can I get you a cup of coffee." Which I don't mind. It wasn't what I expected but it's a beautiful shade of plummy red that's perfect to pair with eyeliner and heavy mascara for a classy italian look!

on 3/14/2013 1:31:00 PM

i tried this on at the mac store and fell in love with it, i was worried it would be too dark and wouldnt look right on me but the color is beautiful and rich. i like to layer it on there so it comes out nice and dark, definitley makes a statement im interested to see how it looks in summer when i have a tan goin' on but i have a feeling im going to love this color no matter what and it has great staying power but even when it does fade it leaves a nice berry colored stain to your lips.

on 3/8/2013 10:40:00 AM

Rebel is a vibrant berry-red that leaves a raspberry stain after several hours of wear. This is one of the longest wearing lipsticks I have ever tried. I always receive compliments when I wear Rebel. If you are bored of wearing red lipstick but don't want to go too far outside of the box, this one is perfect.

Popular Lipsticks