November 23, 2014 | 1024 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick - MAC Red

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2009 12:44:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Definitely not was I was expecting!! In an attempt to find a creamy, smooth version of my beloved Ruby Woo, this looked like just the answer. In the tube, the color looked just like Ruby Woo, a true red with blue undertones. It looked about the same swatched on my hand except super creamy, so of course I bought it. It was returned the next day!! Even on my pale, neutral skin this looked like a fuschia red. The color does not compare to Ruby Woo. And I only buy blue toned red lipsticks, so this was a shock!! But I was in love with the texture, so creamy and felt nice on my lips. But I'd rather stay with my chalky Ruby Woo than use a creamy magenta color!! I think this would work on fair skin with pink undertones, but this might look magenta on neutral and yellow skin tones. Definitely try it on your lips before you buy!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 2:39:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

i dont really like the pink tone in this lipstick, and im not a fan of the slippery feeling satin finish. not my favorite red.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2008 1:47:00 PM More reviews by modestyblaise78

After I bought "Red She Said" and fell in love with it, I decided to buy another red lipstick from MAC.
And this was a good decision, it's a great, classy and universal red color for me (NW20).
It should work for most of the people looking for intense and classical red lipstick.
I like the Amplified formula from "Red She Said" better, and the color as well (I would say that MAC Red doesn't have so many blue undertones as "Red She Said", and I like that blue undertones more than brownish reds on me).
I would purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2008 10:19:00 AM More reviews by muffinphonic

In the tube this lipstick looks stunning... a very bright vivid blue red as the MAC website says. However as soon as i swatched it on my hand i could tell it would turn up too pink on my lips...

And it did. On my lips it looked like a fuschia type red rather than a true red. A reviewer below me asked for the difference between this and Russian Red and i can safely say Russian Red is nowhere near as pink as this is.

I will persevere though as i'm sure a darker red lipgloss over the top could remedy the pink. For others with fair/medium yellow toned skin like myself (especially asian skin), i would suggest Ruby Woo or Russian Red as you might have more luck with these.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2008 2:11:00 AM More reviews by zombiekitten87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A nice, satiny, dark true red. transfers a bit too much but seriously, what red lipstick doesn't? *sigh* I need to invest in lipliner.

Not too terrible on the yellow-teeth front like most red lipsticks do.

I never wear red lipstick, I just have a MAC obsession, so I've never worn this for more than a few minutes (I like red lipstains better) so I can't comment on how long it lasts...

It feels nice on, though

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2008 4:19:00 AM More reviews by Lei77

I'm usually a nude/ pink/ mauve lipstick girl, until I thought of trying a daring color- what else but red? after i read the reviews of mac red here in makeup alley, I went to the mac store and got my self the mac red. It's really good and I get compliments wearing it. I'm just wondering what's the difference between this and the russian red. I dont mind getting both, but i just want to make sure they don't look too much alike.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 10:13:00 PM More reviews by shellbell090702

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm generally a very nude lip girl, or a very red lip girl..rarely do you see me in dark pinks or browns. So....out of all my red lipsticks, I couldn't find one pin-up, Christina Aguilera, Candy Man red lipstick. So, I read reviews and checked out my beloved MAC store and found that I needed MAC Red. It's definitely a bright red with blue undertones. A definite neutral eye with a tiny bit of black liner red lipstick, but I love it. I can see myself wearing it this fall with my big off the shoulder sweater, trouser jeans, and leopard print heels. A red lip that should not be worn with a tube top and mini, if you know what I mean.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2008 9:40:00 PM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

FINALLY--my HG red!!! This bright cool toned red looks awesome against my cool/fair skin. This is a satin finish so its not nearly as drying as the matte formula, but still makes your lips look lush and sexy. I use it with a clear lipliner (sally hansen) and I don't have any trouble with it feathering. It wears off evenly, although with a red, the edges of your lips will hold more of the color but add a little gloss and it creates a very understated berry color on my lips. I paid $14 for this and it comes in a black bullet shaped lipstick tube

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2008 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Frenchmix

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Beautiful red lipstick!! It's sorta simular to Russian Red but with some shine, more moisture, and darker. My husband really loves red lipstick on me, so this is one of my very favorites. Smells really good also. I really love ♥ this lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2008 10:40:00 AM More reviews by KarmAttack

A gorgeous deep cool toned red. This truly lives up to its name, because it's just that - RED! Love love love this shade! This may be my HG shade of red lipstick. I love the satin finish, it's so pigmented, glides on smooth, and stays so long on the lips! Combined with a lipliner, I had only very mininmal feathering after a few hours, much less than other red lipsticks I have tried. Fab colour and product!