August 20, 2014 | 1401 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Youth Code BB Cream Illuminator

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by aidan83

Don't feel like this is a real BB cream due to lack of coverage. Just a tinted moisturizer...

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Nicole1021

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is actually the best BB cream I have tried. It gives my skin a radiant glow and illuminates well. I need foundation at my age but as far as BB creams go I feel this is one of the better ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by kcroyals

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! It is hard to believe that it does what It claims, but it does, the packaging is fine. The color (medium) was perfect for me. Best of all, it makes my skin look great and it isn't all that expensive in comparison ......I normally avoid L'oreal but this is a HG from now on....at 55 that is saying a lot !

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Candace8592

Ok I love this BB cream.
Now I have never tried another bb cream so I cannot really compare this product to another bb cream so I will review this product by what it claims on the packaging.

Price- The retail price is around 17.99. Way too expensive for a drug store product in my opinion but I got it on sale for 13.99 at Walgreens and I was satisfied with that price.

Coverage- I was in the market for a bb cream because I wanted something lighter than my regular foundation for the summer that also had an spf. I decided on a bb cream because they claim to do more for your skin then a tinted moisturizer.
I applied this on my skin with my fingers which helped it sink in. I found that with a brush it looked a bit blotchy. When applied with my fingertips I was pleasantly suprised by the coverage. It provided more than a tinted moisturizer but less than foundation. I still had to use a bit of concealer under the eyes but other than that the product did a great job evening my botchy red skin.
I intended to only wear this during the day but found that it felt so nice that I can wear it to a bigger event or night out by just mixing in a tiny bit of my foundation it looked great and provided even more coverage while still feeling light.
This bb cream makes my skin feel so nice and healthy without feeling or looking cakey and I love that about it. It soesn't flake up around acne marks either.

Color- I was dissapointed that they only had two colors and wished they made more. I purchased this in the light as I have fair skin. Initially I thought I had made a huge mistake because this product looks so dark straight out of the tube. Once rubbed in though, it seems to melt right in. If you are within a few shades of the color you should be ok because it blends so well, but if you have very very porclean skin I would look elsewhere.
In the winter, I stop self tanning and go from fair to glow in the dark white very porclean skin so I may have to only use this in the summer.I'm afraid in the winter this wouldn't match.

What it claims- This BB cream claims to illumintate you skin from the first use and improve your skin tone over time. I found this to be somewhat true.
The first use does not illumintate you by making you skin brighter unfortunatley but I don't know of any product that does. At the same time though it doesn't have glitter particals or anything in it like some other products that claim to illumintate, so thats good. It does even out your skin tho and makes your skin look hydrated and healthy. I wouldn't say it illuminates but it definatley makes your skin look healthy!
As for improving skin overtime, I have been using this product for about a month now and I am not sure if my skin hase improved or not from it. But I do love the way if looks and feels while wearing and I have not broken out from it.

Smell- Unfortunatley there is an odor. I like the smell of it, kind of floral, but I can see why it would bother others.

Overall I would repurchase, as long as its in the summer!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No