October 30, 2014 | 1671 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by diamondm1959

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After much deliberation & reading all the reviews I decided to try this for everyday wear. I have been using La Roche-Posay Mineral sunscreen that has a bit of tint to it & felt I wanted more color. After reading all the reviews I was skeptical on which color to choose, naturally when I went to Walmart the only color left was med. Decided to get it, could always bring it back, right? I tried this on this morning mixing with the La Roche tinted sunscreen (over my moisturizer) & the results are amazing! Great color, very hydrating & love how it really blurs the imperfections! I am guessing by mixing the 2 products together calms the med shade down. I am normally fair/med with pink undertones, I keep looking in the mirror for the dreaded "orange" to appear & so far nothing. Will buy again, the price is perfect, $7.96 plus a $2 off coupon from the L'Oreal website!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by makeuplover1018

This product made my skin feel so smooth! I have acne prone skin and oily skin.it kept me matte for a couple of hours. (around 4-6 hours) I wouldn't repurchase because although I am a medium skin tone this did not really match me and i feel as if it looked kind of obvious that I had makeup on because of the color difference between my face and neck. This is not good for dry skin because it accentuates the dry patches. It is also not good for acne prone skin! it will make you break out

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an HG product for me, and if they ever stop making it, I will be very sad! I have really oily skin, especially in my t-zone. This product controls oil better than any other BB cream, foundation, primer, powder, or anything else I've ever tried. (and I've tried more than a few!) I generally wear this under a powder foundation to get a little more coverage, and it controls my oil ALL day, at least 10 hours, if not more. It doesn't have much coverage, but it does even out my skin tone and make it look smoother. I'm very fair and use the fair shade, and I have no issues with orange-ness; it blends in perfectly. I do wish it contained a sunscreen, but I wear one underneath this. I've bought this several times, and I always keep backups. I would not be without it!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Syreetajackson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Made me look a bit like Edward Cullen in the sunlight. Hated it

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by sistermlo

I have never purchased a BB or CC cream, so I really have nothing to compare this too. With this said, I do like Loreal's BB cream. I am a long time wearer of foundations and concealers and I feel this cream is a nice break from the heavy cakey feeling you can get from most makeup. I purchased the light color and I have found it to be just a tad bit lighter than my natural skin tone. I have actually never found a true match to my skin tone (I have slight yellow-neutral undertones, with a light-medium color.) The color was not at all orangey on my skin. The cream claims to moisturize and since it is currently winter here, my skin tolerates it just fine. I am unsure of how this will help in the summer, since I usually get very oily. The cream does blur imperfections slightly by reducing redness and fading discolored marks (I have acne prone skin with minor-moderate scaring and hyperpigmentation). But just as a disclaimer, I do not wear makeup to cover my imperfections completely. I know if I were to do this my face would look way too made up. I know people know I have not so great skin, I am just trying to clam it down some.
I wear this cream under my foundation (almay clear complexion) and it seems to keep it in place longer than if I didn't have it on under.
If you have acne prone skin, scarring and hyperpigmentation,do not expect this BB cream to completely hide your flaws. But like I said, I do not like to completely cover my flaws because I find it to look too unnatural.
Also, it has been a week and I have not broken out from this BB cream.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am new to the BB creams and this was my first try. I have a light complexion, but the light shade is way too dark and comes out very orange. It comes out of the bottle white and is supposed to match your skin tone as you apply it. For me, it goes on very dark for being the light shade, it makes my face look fake tanned, like I can't match my foundation shade! After a minute or two it gets better, but still never completely matches my skin. Also, you have to be careful when applying and make sure you smooth it out and blend very well or it will be somewhat patchy and make your face look dirty. It has a tiny bit of texture, but I am ok with that. It's a great primer if you use it sparingly. For coverage, it does ok. It helps even out my skin so I don't have discoloration, especially around my nose and chin. It isn't made to be full coverage so don't expect it to hide breakouts or scars. Overall, I am not impressed with how it claims to match your tone. It is way too orange. I will be trying something else when this runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by lilyotvalley21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product after reading reviews online, I have only tried a few other BB creams but I have found them to be orange to my pain skin. Also I have very oily skin so most other creams made my skin look like it was covered in oil by the end of the day. I was pleasantly surprised that the color of the fair cream is a good color not orange, its not a perfect match to my skin, but so far the best American cream I have found as far as coloring. I do think they need to label this that it is for oily skin. I have VERY oily skin, and by the end of the day my skin was not oily or greasy, it looked fresh. The packaging is nice as well. I would buy this again! I also think there should be 2 oz instead of 1 oz per bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by ciaraswords

I use this BB cream in medium everyday along with a the Skin79 Orange BB cream to highlight my face since it's too light for me. The L'Oreal BB cream has very light coverage and gives a very matte finish which stops me from looking oily during the day. It's also a brilliant primer and helps foundation look way better.

The BB cream alone doesn't do much to cover imperfections but really evens out skin tone. A little goes a long way too.

I would only recommend this if you have warmer skin tones and medium/dark skin as it does have a slight orangey colour which wouldn't look good on cool toned skin or pale skin.

Also would only recommend if you have oily/combination skin and are seeking a matte finish and only want minimal coverage for a natural look.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by VitaminMC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't have perfect skin (puberty was HORRIBLE to me and left me with some nasty scarring) but its getting better. Since I have finally gotten my breakouts under control I decided to put away my heavy coverage foundations and try something lighter. My problem with this product wasn't the coverage...I wasnt expecting magic. I just wanted something to even out my skin tone. I have a very neutral complexion that is quite fair. I tracked down the lightest one they had and hoped it matched. Sadly not so much. VERY ORANGY! The consistency of this stuff is quite watery and when I rubbed it into my skin it was super blotchy. It sunk in quickly and just looked like this weird mask. I tried it every way I could...over a primer, no primer, blended with a sponge, with my fingers, with a brush...nothing worked. Also, after being breakout free for about 6 months I got little zits all over my face after the first few hours. It went right back to the store after about a week. It may work for some people but for me not so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Ellykat

Love this! Matches my skin tone perfectly, doesnt make me oily or dry (i use a very hydrating moisturizer underneath). I love its natural finish. Makes my skin feel baby smooth. Doesn't break me out and make me look orange like the rimmel bb cream did. It's not a tinted moisturizer like the maybelline one. Finally bb cream that does what it claims to do!!