August 28, 2014 | 1503 users online

Lip Treatments - E.L.F. - Studio Lip Exfoliator

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by troo12

I have never seen a product like this before so I laughed at the thought of a "lip exfoliator". But that was until I tried it. I don't have dry lips but my lip stick tends to flake off. What's the harm in trying a cheap product just to see if it works? And it did!!!! Amazing stuff.
It also tastes good if you accidentally get some in your mouth. But don't try to drink water after you use it because it makes the water taste gross. Weird how that works, but I learned my lesson.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by neeeks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great product! Like previous reviewers said, IT IS NOT A LIP BALM. It's an exfoliator meant to remove the dead skin flakes from your crusty lips. After you've exfoliated THEN you can apply lip balm. It helps soothe your lips, especially since winter is just around the corner and no one wants chapped lips. I also use it before I put on lipstick and it works great.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMaven94

First off, anyone who complains about this product's price? Try working in a high end store where anything like this would be around 30 bucks and half the size. I love this product! It is very convenient as I can't take my home made lip treatment out and about with me and not make a mess. And for those of you who are complaining about it not moisturizing your lips, IT IS NOT A LIP BALM. It is meant for exfoliating your lips not nourishing them. After use, pair it with a lip balm and watch the magic unfold! My lips are chronically dry and flaky so this product was a gift from the gods! It even has what I think is a moisturizing oil in it meant to make the sugar grains be more gentle as they exfoliate. The only down side to this product is that after a while it started crumbling. Granted I was going hardcore and rough with it so I probably did that! and it has a very sweet taste which is awesome!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by snis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Apparently I am in the minority on this product. I found it hard to apply; it is almost like a solid stick of sugar packed together with little moisturizer. IMHO it needs to be creamier to facilitate application. Once you do get it on and work it into your lips, it does exfoliate them but I just don't like the formula. Even though it is cheap, I will not purchase this again. I will go back to my homemade remedy of brown sugar, honey and olive oil.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by kirstenf376

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First of all, the packaging is adorable. It's like a lipstick so you don't have to stick your fingers in anything. I use it on my lips in the morning and at night and I find that it really makes a difference. It also has a really sweet taste. My lips feel super soft after using this product. I've heard of a lot of homemade versions of lip exfoliators but for the price I am probably going to keep buying this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by kayceee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Absolutely love this. I don't have particularly dry lips, but they always seem flaky, making lipstick a challenge a lot of the time. Can't rock a red when it looks like it's peeling off. After hearing raves about this, I decided to give it a go for few bucks.

The packaging is really nice. Like, it's a shame this sits in my bathroom because it's a nice lipstick tube. It's nice and heavy and the brushed finish is nice. The tube is also convenient because you don't need to stick your fingers into anything. Just smear it on like gloss and you're good to exfoliate.

It smells divine, so don't try to eat it. Must be the brown sugar. And it works. After one (generous) session my lips felt like the butts of angels. After two, every bit of white grossness on my lips was gone. My lipstick now goes on amazingly smooth.

I've heard a lot of recipes of people making homemade versions of this, but honestly for the price and the convenience I'll probably just buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Wifeandmama

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Good stuff: effective, easy to use, and cheap. Rub it on, wipe it off, and pop on a balm. You'll love your lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by yudaliz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lets put it this way.. You don't need to buy lush because this product its so much better at a way lower price $3. Great scent, like coffee m vanilla, sweet flavored bc of the sugar, n the packaging is super convenient at least for me bc i need ti exfoliate often since i wear nude lippies most times so I need to carry the scrub with me. The fact that this is mess-free is just amazing, no more sugar falling everywhere! And it leaves ur lips super soft like when you were 3 months old :) please you need this in ur life

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Fancychic55055

This product is amazing. Seriously. $3 @Walmart, pretty good packaging, easy to use & great tasting. There's really no risk in trying. It's by far as good as any high end brand out there (cough sugar scrub...). I use it to exfoliate then add either my EOS sweet mint lip balm or my glosses & lipsticks! Try it you won't be disappointed!! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by signedxchantese

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

$3???? Get it. So easy to use, so easy to carry around. I wet my lips and scrub on, wipe off with a tissue and apply my lip balm. A HG and a need when wearing matte lipsticks.