September 17, 2014 | 1781 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

I would probably love this foundation if I could find a color match for my NC20-25 skin tone. Findation recommended Soft Sand, which looks OK but just a little off--it's not quite yellow enough. The shade lighter than this, Buff, is more yellow but too light.

The foundation formula itself is a dream: feels light, blends well, doesn't cake as long as you're using a light touch, and lasts. It didn't oxidize on me. It photographs pretty well too. It can be tough to remove though: I found that using the OCM helps to break it down.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by CammieBella

Overall I think this is a good drugstore foundation. I've been a big fan of the original revlon colorstay for a long time now and wanted to give this a try as well. I purchased it in the shade Buff which is the color I also use in the original colorstay and the colors are exactly the same, this color is a great match for light neutral skin tones and it does not oxidize at all.

To apply this foundation I either use my mac 188 stippling brush or my beauty blender. It applies smoothly and blends out nicely (and easily) but I find that some of the coverage is lost when using the beauty blender however it is very buildable so adding another layer isn't a problem. I love this finish of this foundation, it looks silky and has a slight glow to it without making skin look oily. My skin is slightly dry in the winter and I find that when I don't exfoliate before applying this foundation it will cling to even the least of my dry spots. I definitely recommend applying moisturizer and primer before applying this but if you have very dry skin I would not recommend this product.

One thing I dislike about the product is the packaging. It's heavy and bulky and deceiving about the amount of product actually inside.

I'm glad I tried this product and I'll definitely finish it but next time I think I'll stick with my tried and true original revlon colorstay.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by isabella8

I was looking for a heavier foundation to help cover some really bad breakouts I've had lately so I decided to try my luck with a whipped foundation. I've had good experiences with Revlon foundations in the past.

PROS: I love how easy it is to apply and blend. During the cooler months, I don't need powder to finish off because it dries to a powdery finish. If you moisturize really well, the result can be nice. I apply this with a foundation brush, dabbing first, then blending to prevent streaking. I also love how easy it is to build coverage.

CONS: The colours are not representative of the usual Revlon shades. I'm usually a Buff or Nude (or MAC NC25 for reference) but the Buff for this foundation is too pale on me. The next shade up Sand Beige was too dark, and Nude was way too pink. The shade order makes no sense! I ended up buying Buff and Natural Beige and blend the two. Beware--if you have dry skin, it will enhance it. I have to make sure I'm well moisturized.

Overall, if your acne is on the mend or have some discolouration, this could cover it. But for dry skin, this might not be a good match as it enhances dry spots. I tend to use this mostly in the summer when my skin is sweaty and oily--it covers like a dream!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 4:53:00 AM More reviews by nickys79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Considering this is a drugstore foundation, this is amazing! it stays and look better throughout the day, the reason it didn't get full marks is because it doesn't photograph well... gives me white face, good for day, not night.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by mari84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have quite a bit of redness on my face, and I had hoped this foundation would work to even out my skin tone. Unfortunately this product was a huge disappointment. I tried to apply it with a flat top brush, my RT expert face brush, a sponge, and with my fingers, with and without a setting spray... But no matter which method I used, the foundation dried to a very powdery, cakey look. Very disappointed after all the positive reviews I read on this product, but it just wasn't for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by peachy16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I know this stuff is raved about on you tube and beauty blogs but I really don't get why. First off it gave me a horrible cystic ance breakout which regular Revlon color stay never had. Second it sinks into pores and fine lines and makes them appear twice as large. Third it feels like it never really sets and leaves a dewy mask feeling which I hate! I tried using my f80 which looked terrible and then tried using my fingers which I will say looked a tiny bit better but not much. The only good things about this foundation is that it will stay all day. I went swimming with this on and it stayed in place! It does not oxidize and it photographs very well. If you don't have visible pores or wrinkles this may work for you. I haven't tried with my porefessional as I didn't have it at the time but it may help with that. I would advise to set with a powder and be careful if you are prone to cystic acne. Overall I would not repurchase because of the breakout and I hate the mask feeling this gives.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by riccidontcare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like this foundation so much, that I bought a back up when it was bogo 50%
It's very full coverage and long lasting.
It's easy to use too much of it, so I try to spread it out and blend it in well. It also dries fast once you apply it.
The only problem I have with the wear of this foundation it that I can feel it sitting on my skin sometimes. It smells kind of like plastic, or like matel dolls. I also notice it separates in my pores on my nose after a while. That could be because I never use a primer ha.
The jar to me is heavy and a little inconvenient, but I think it's nice and kind of classy.
This foundation photographs beautifully! It has a satin/matte finish and does not oxidize on my skin.
I use the shade Buff.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Kori3307

I had purchased this awhile back, hoping to love it. My experience with this product was not so pleasant. I have combination skin, and this foundation went into every pore,every fine line I have, and it broke me out on my cheek/chin area. The consistency was nice, the color selection was okay, but I wouldn't recommend this product to any of my friends or family. I love Revlon, but this could have been better!
- Kori

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Bailey4213

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this . I had tried the ColorStay liquid foundation and loved the way it looked, but it never stayed through the school day, which for me is essential. This product on the other hand did stay all day (even through gym class). There are two major problems with this though , 1.) it clings to dry skin like no other. 2.) it made me break out . I've got oily acne prone skin that has become really dry from acne treatments . my face actually looked better when I didn't have it on. I just bought a heavier moisturizer (ponds dry skin cream) so we'll see if that helps. I'm going to try to stay away from this foundation for a couple of days to see if my breakouts go down to make sure it's this foundation. If it is then I hope I can find the receipt & return it and try Covergirls 3 in 1 foundation.

Pros :
1.) Nice coverage (medium-full)
2.) Lasts through school (about 8 hours)
3.) Good skin tone match

Cons :
1.) Clings to dry patches
2.) Causes breakouts
3.) Hard to completely get off (after using ponds cucumber cleansing cream, a Garnier face wipe & neutrogena Clear Pore cleanser, make up still came off when I used toner!)

and the search continues ....

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by klanepr1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Fantastic make up! It actually goes on creamy and dries to a satin, but not oily or shiny finish. It can creep slightly into smile lines, but use a sponge and keep a light touch, and that won't happen. Sometimes I mix with a tiny bit of moisturizer to make sure it is easily spreadable and give a nice, thin coat. Stays on all day to a beautiful finish! Great stuff. I can't wait to see if it is still okay in the summer, or becomes to oily in the humidity.