Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

It just did not work for me at all, I have other real techniques brushes that I wouldnt be without but this is just not one of them. It made the application process quite awkward I have to say, my foundation just didnt sit right with this and I regret buying it

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've had this brush for a while now and can safely say that it is amazing.
I use this brush to blend in my foundation and my concealer as well (I like to use a small brush to start blending in my concealer, and then I bring in this brush to finish it off) and it works beautifully. I've had this for about half a year and, not even exaggerating, it has not shed a single hair. I try to be gentle when cleaning my brushes but to be honest I end up being quite rough with them anyway and this brush has remained perfect for months despite that. The bristles were super soft and felt great on my skin when I first bought it and it still does now.
At the moment, the way I blend in my foundation is by applying it to my skin with my fingers and blending it in slightly before using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to blend it right into my skin and get it looking perfectly and it really does do a perfect job of it.
I would definitely repurchase this brush although I really don't think I'll ever have to (unless I manage to lose it) because the quality is exceptional!

on 4/22/2014 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation brush made my liquid foundation look blotchy and streaky that I had to go over spots and buff them with my kabuki flat top brush.

It's so sad that every one's liking and raving about this brush, and I'm the only one who has had a negative experience with it. I really wanted to like this. It would probably work better with cream or powder foundation.

Edit: I somehow made this brush work by going really aggressive buffing the foundation onto my skin more than I usually have to using my other buffing brushes. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. Because the head is very small, buffing took longer than usual. My hand hurt at the end of the day and felt like I had carpal tunnel.

My ratings still stand, and no I still won't be repurchasing this brush.

on 4/19/2014 3:51:00 PM

After reading so many rave reviews about this brush, I finally decided to give up my Ecotools foundation brush (which started to pinch my face), and buy this one. A+ decision. I haven't tried many brushes but I know for sure that I'll always come back to this one. It's cheap (it cost me around 10 euros) and it's effective. Its bristles are incredibly soft, dense and thick. It's really easy to wash and if you use it with a good foundation (I use it with Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation) and the results are very professional. Like I came out of a Vogue magazine lol.
This is my first RT brush but once my other brushes go bad I'll definitely get more. Ladies, the hype is totally justified. Go get this brush!

on 4/19/2014 6:31:00 AM

I really like my brush, but it does shed bristles as well as my stippling brush. I do love them tho and i will repurchase hoping that those were from the bad batch

on 4/18/2014 6:22:00 PM

The black part of the handle broke as soon as i got this brush. Besides that, and because i fix it with super glue, I don like it for foundation because it leaves a lot of streaks..., so i think ill be using it for countouring with cream products or even powders... Didnt blew me away as i expected from all the hype...

on 4/17/2014 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

So torn between this and my stippling. I have experienced minor shedding but nothing I can't work around! It's perfect for nearly everything I've ever tried to do with it.

on 4/16/2014 7:15:00 AM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this so much. I used to use the beauty blender but I saw a lot of Youtubers and bloggers using this so I thought I would give it a go. And it's amazing! It gives a completely flawless finish, it's super soft, it blends my liquid foundation perfectly without soaking up too much product and I use it to blend in my concealer too. It's also super cheap! I would seriously recommend buying this. The only thing I'm not hugely fussed on is the packaging and look of the brush ( I find the shape a bit weird - I know it's so you can stand it up but I don't really feel the need to do that very often). But I can definitely overlook that because this brush is amazing in every other way!!

This is problaby the best brush I own.
Once I got my four RT brushes, it became the only brushes i'll ever use on my face.
DEFINETLY worth the hype, you should all try it out.

on 4/5/2014 7:42:00 AM

Superb makeup brush! Everyone needs this for flawless foundation!

Popular Makeup Brushes