April 19, 2014 | 1764 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by barbarinimeble

at fist I had many doubts about the effect of this product!!but when i started using this foundation on daily basis i realized that not only it last during the day but also makes my face look matte!I have tried so many fountations but this one makes my skin look healthy and not oily as all the others!!the only thing i dont like about it is the package!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by aimeeuy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Good product I have combination skin depending on the seasons my skin can be super dry and my T zone just stays oily. I have used lots of different brands of foundations from MAC to Guerlain to Revlon, I feel that this product is the most lightweight I have ever used. I normally dont put on too much foundation as I have pretty clear skin I use foundation to even out my face. It is on the sheer side so I use a little bit more product (a bit smaller than a pea size) and takes me a little longer to blend. The best thing about this product would be that it stays on your face. I do touch some parts of my face a bit often and by the time I get home my face can look blotchy. But with this product its been 8 hours and it looks just the same as this morning. Will buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by suzyqz1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wished I liked this foundation. My skin is pretty tough and I don't usually have a problem getting a foundation to work for me but for the life of me, I can't get this stuff blended in correctly. I've never thought I had large pores or had a problem with foundation settling into them until I tried this foundation. The other problem I have is with blending. I have to blend, and blend, and blend to get it to look right. I have used Revlon's Colorstay before and never had a problem with it settling into pores or not being able to blend it in so I don't think the problem isn't that it is a matte formula. There's something else going on with this formulation that isn't right for my skin. It's a shame really. The color seems to match me well. In the around 6 times or so I've tried to wear this, I only got it to work once and when it did, it looked great but it's just too much work to get this to look right on me. If I find myself having to use special primers, blending sponges, etc....I know a product isn't right for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by cynthiaann95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is by far the best foundation I have ever used. Over the years I have tried many many brands of foundations but none have given me the flawless results like this one. You barely need any product to cover your entire face, it goes on so smoothly, it blends great, drys quickley and gives a very matte finish. I absolutely fell in love with this product, and except for the price being a little bit high, I will definitley be purchasing this product again!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 12:41:00 PM More reviews by rawrkimmy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like it, it stays pretty matte throughout the day and the color is a good match. But I wouldn't wear it for pictures because it does give a little bit of a whitecast.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by achick0

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried nearly every foundation on the market from drug store brands to the most expensive brands available. I got a sample of Clinique's Stay Matte Foundation today, and I will definitely be purchasing this makeup in the near future. It's the best I've ever used. It evened out my skin tone, gave great coverage, and didn't budge. It gave my skin an airbrushed look, and I love how great it blended. I think I'm done searching for the perfect foundation! Yay!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2012 7:16:00 AM More reviews by mskita007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This seems to work (and look) well with my oily skin. I wear Golden (MAC NC45, for reference). I couple this with the Stay Matte pressed powder (loosely applied) in Stay Suede and I'm good to go!

*****UPDATE (4/20/13)*****
The shade Golden oxidized on me more than I needed. It made me look a bit darker after a couple of hours. So I switched to Cream Caramel and it's perfect!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Pink_Lotus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I have mixed feelings about this liquid foundation, but to date, it is the best foundation in regard to a color match for me. I would wear Mac NC45 for reference, which tends to encompass a large range of brown complexions. Stay Matte foundation has a nice range of colors for women of color. I purchased Ginger during the summer when my skin was deeper. The foundation goes on rather matte at first, but there's little glow there.

I went back and got color matched recently since I lost my tan - I'm wearing Caramel now. Now that the weather changed there's also less oiliness. To control the oil, I lightly brush on Clinique's Matte Suede powder.

Update***********************************************
Dewy coverage during the summer, but it's staying on nicely now that it's almost winter. Nice smooth even look.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by KTElizabeth12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

AWFUL!!! Oily faces STAY AWAY!

They really should change the name of this product because my face looked ANYTHING but matte after a couple hours wear. I bought No. 7 Cream Chamois from Macy's for $23. The color seemed to blend well. I found when I put it on myself at home is was a bit too orange-y. First applying it looked OK at best. Definitely a sheer-med. coverage. After a few hours at work I went to the bathroom and was shocked at how bad it looked in the mirror! My face literally look like it ate the foundation. It was so oily and patchy looking! Gross! I do have oily skin but I've never experienced something THAT bad. I wanted to try Clinique because I have such sensitive skin but yikes never again! The only good thing about this was the squeeze bottle which I like.

Also... my mom tried their foundation for redness. Did nothing for her and made her usual dry-normal skin look like a greasy mess!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by JMAEGIRL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this a few weeks ago. I really like this foundation. I have very oily skin/sensitive and I gotta say this worked very well and didn't feel heavy at all. I have tried a lot of foundations and so far my faves are Mac studio fix, Revlon colorstay and this.