July 25, 2014 | 1851 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by flower805

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sob.... I really wanted to love this product. It met all of my standards as far as texture and coverage. BUT (and this is a huge BUT), it oxidized like crazy on me! And that's saying a lot, because the warmer shades ALREADY lean way too orange for my asian, yellow-undertone skin :( The SA matched me with 8.0 Golden Neutral, and it seemed perfect in the store (damn you, deceptive department store lighting!) but as soon as I got home and put it on, I looked like a bad spray-tan victim.

Sigh. Oh, Clinique. When are you going to realize oompa loompas don't exist naturally in the real world?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This was my HG for years until it was discontinued a few years ago. This is the new and improved version but it's not even close to being as good as the original. I tried the lightest shade Linen and could see that as the MA was applying that it was too dark. As the day went on, it oxidized and then to a very peachy/orange color. I looked like an Oompa Loompa in training! #foundationfail

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by jjmacdon

FINALLY I have found my perfect foundation. I have tried everything for my sensitive, acne prone combination skin and this is the only one that stays put all day without sliding off. It hasn't caused breakouts on me either. The coverage is very good without being cakey. I follow it up with Vichy Dermablend Concealer Stick for any stand out spots and then an allover powder with the Vichy Dermablend setting powder and my face looks great all day. I tried the Clinique acne solutions concealer and it always slid off on me or dried really flakey/cakey. The Clinique loose powders including the redness solutions loose powder also didn't work as well as the Vichy Setting powder, so now I have my favorite system. This foundation is GREAT for combination/oily/sensitive/acne prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by lini07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

bought this in Golden, was a bit dark on my skin(indian skin),however when I blended it with a sponge applicator, it looked natural.
1st time user of this product, I LOVE IT...my skin is super oily, this helps oil control...put this on 8am, its now 11 and my skin isnt oily.
usually within an hour my skin gets oily.

great product,blends well, smooth going on. non sticky, no sort of smell to it.

I am a user of clinique 3 step care (for oily combination skin) and since then I am a fan of their products.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by hodabarr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this product in summer time, and even though I had someone match me, the colour is still too dark and that sucks. It's been half a year since I've used this product, but what I remember is that it actually made my skin oily and cakey.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

I am really disapointed with this foundation. I have oily skin and always looking for a foundation that lasts, covers and doesn't make me shiny or to caked looking!

The texture of this foundation is quick thick and creamy and applies really well to the skin and is very blend-able. You can reapply to the blemished areas and not look like cake based! Lasted all day and made my skin soft.

The problem is it made my skin red... not a rash but just a pinky/red where I had applied the foundation.. and I have never had this from a foundation before. I would recommend this foundation to people but make sure you get a sample first to try out to see if your skin likes it!

Good price for the quality otherwise.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by PinkCarnation

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation. I am a Clinique Type 3 and this is perfect for my combo/oily skin. It stays on all day even in high humidity. It goes on very smoothly and doesn't settle into any lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by laurelwatanabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Ok, I'm kind of a foundation addict I have a new one every month but I think I might stick with this one a bit longer. I have been using the Smashbox BB cream and really like it but it wasn't offering enough coverage, I've had some breakouts and redness and dry patches due to the cold. I haven't found a Clinique product in the past I've liked so I asked for a sample it last a couple days and I really liked it, it offered a lot of coverage without looking cakey and even though it's matte it doesn't cling to my dry patches. It keeps the oil away and still has a little bit of dew to it. I like it a lot. I'm an NC25 and am using 04 Creamwhip. I am half Japanese and have a yellow base.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by barbarinimeble

at fist I had many doubts about the effect of this product!!but when i started using this foundation on daily basis i realized that not only it last during the day but also makes my face look matte!I have tried so many fountations but this one makes my skin look healthy and not oily as all the others!!the only thing i dont like about it is the package!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by aimeeuy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Good product I have combination skin depending on the seasons my skin can be super dry and my T zone just stays oily. I have used lots of different brands of foundations from MAC to Guerlain to Revlon, I feel that this product is the most lightweight I have ever used. I normally dont put on too much foundation as I have pretty clear skin I use foundation to even out my face. It is on the sheer side so I use a little bit more product (a bit smaller than a pea size) and takes me a little longer to blend. The best thing about this product would be that it stays on your face. I do touch some parts of my face a bit often and by the time I get home my face can look blotchy. But with this product its been 8 hours and it looks just the same as this morning. Will buy again.