April 24, 2014 | 1910 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by njr86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This runs dark. I am pretty fair but not porcelain, so I got Alaska which is way too dark/dries orange, more of a medium color. Finland is good for summer, still dries a tad bit too dark, I just make sure to blend more along my jawline. I want to get some color this summer anyway lol. I am a SAHM, so not looking for a professional look every day and this fast easy, nice looking foundation does the job for me. Dries a bit dewy so I use a little powder over it. Definitely more of a foundation or BB than a TM.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by michelleleigh815

This is by farrrrr my favorite tinted moisturizer! A little bit goes a long way, and adds a natural glow. The price is a little high but it lasts forever and is well worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by SophieEllis89

I love this product! I have been using Mac's Studio Fix Fluid for a while now and I do like it but recenty I've been feeling that it's too heavy for the daytime and wanted to try something lighter.

In my opinion this is slightly more than just a tinted moisturiser - it has a light amount of coverage, which is very buildable. And best of all, it leaves your skin with a gorgeous, dewy glow.

When I first apply it, it can look a bit shiny so I set it in place with powder and use a little concealer to cover my spots, as it doesn't really have enough coverage to hide blemishes, but even after a light powder dusting my skin still looks gorgeous and radiant.

The overall look is a healthy glow, that doesn't look caked or heavy. I love wearing this in the day at the weekend, although I don't usually wear it for work, as I have very oily skin and this one wouldn't stay in place for the whole day on me unfortunately! That's the only negative for me but it is a tinted moisturiser so I wouldn't expect anything else.

It also has an SPF 30, which I think is really important in a foundation/tinted moisturiser as it's surprising how much damage the sun can do just from being out and about, even in rainy England!

This would be perfect for wearing on holiday, where you definitely don't want to wear a full coverage foundation but aren't quite skin confident enough to bare all, plus it acts as a sun cream and a tinted moisturiser in one!

Overall a great, light foundation for wear during the day, which gives you a gorgeous glow and makes you look effortlessly, naturally flaweless (with the help of a bit of concealer!).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by thatsmyDJ

This is a really great tinted moisturizer. I bought it in the colour Alaska, and it works for my light/medium skintone. I just put a few dots on the areas that are a little red (forehead, around the nose, and chin) and blend it out. I usually use less than a pea sized amount every day. I've almost emptied my bottle and I've had it for 7 months. For me, that definitely makes it worth the more expensive price tag. It is really sheer, it blends right into your skin you can barely tell that you have makeup on, it just makes your skin look even and fresh. I sampled this, and the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer before I decided to purchase, and I found that it blended easier and wasn't as thick as Laura Mercier.

This product does have a faint scent to it, it smells light and citrusy to me. You have to actually put the product up to your nose to smell it, it isn't noticeable once it's applied.

I really like this tinted moisturizer, it is sheer, just enough to cover a bit of redness, easy to apply, doesn't make me breakout, looks natural. I have already recommended this to my friends and will continue to do so!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by ClaireV

St moritz is perfect colour match for me just not so sure it is actually oil free as it did make me break out. Shame because its a lovely tm.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by violetpython4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If your looking for a tinted moist with decent coverage and skin care benefits this is def the product for you. I kinda feel like its s cc cream but it was made b4 bb creams even made it to the states lol. ( it contains ascorbyl glycoside witch is a stabilized vit c! Thanks google) also it has kopara in it a sort of algae for cell renewal . I like that it has an SPF of 30. But the colors r weird . Once it is applied it dries down almost 2 shades darker . So so for a lighter shade if your trying this. I would say that it gives 40% more coverage that Laura mercier tinted moist. I feel like I would only grab this if I was going to the beach for the day and wanted a glowing look.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by jodizay

Before this I used the Stila tinted moisturizer and it did not provide enough coverage. I don't like to use foundations as they feel too greasy and heavy for me. I like to wear something that looks natural and feels light. So I read some reviews on this moisturizer and went ahead and bought it. I absolutely love it, for a tinted moisturizer it has amazing coverage and feels amazing. My only problem with it is that it is scented. Not that it has given me any problems yet but I'm usually reluctant to use scented products on my face. I would definitely buy this product again. In fact this is probably the only tinted moisturizer I plan to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Mannie1125

Hands down, best tinted moisturizer I've ever used. The color ranges aren't extensive, but it is sheer, so it can be easily blended in/out to match most skin shades.
If you're like my mom, so pale/white you're practically clear (lol), then you wont be able to use this product. The lightest shade, Finland (which is what I have), is at the darker end of light shades-just before you'd be considered a medium skin tone. It does not oxidize after applying.

Having said that though, this shade is just a fraction of a hair too light for me, but Alaska is too dark on its own (at least during the winter months). Really to get a perfect shade that doesn't wash me out or look too dark, I'd need to mix both the 2 lightest colors together (Finland and Alaska).
I find Finland has just a hint of yellow tone to it, and Alaska to have a hint of orange/pink to it.

The price is up there for a tinted moisturizer, in my opinion. It isn't a foundation, but it isn't really enough to moisturize for real either. And because the shades are limited, having to buy two and mixing them, really makes the price too high.

It blends in great, but it kind of "sits" on the skin too. If you rub your face it easily comes off, and it doesn't last all day on its own. Like when you spend all day outside in the sun and by mid day it starts to break down and melt away. I find all tinted moisturizers do that though, so it was to be expected already.
This has the most natural color and finish though of all the tinted moisturizers I've ever tried (MANY, lol).

Comes in a plastic squeeze tube. Have to be careful the force of squeeze you give it. Easy to get too much and waste it.

I prefer the natural face makeup look for foundations/etc. When I don't want to wear full on sheer foundation though, I use this. It wont hide flaws or zits, but it gently evens out slight redness/uneven tone. Your skin shows through.

Doesn't really have a smell, and doesn't irritate my skin. Works great with a light dusting of Nars's new radiant pressed powder on top.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by shannonkolsen

I am a full coverage foundation girl. But lately, I've been over that full-done up look. I want to look more like myself, more natural, but still have some coverage. I have been very impressed with this tinted moisturizer. I would actually say it has more coverage than some foundations! My skin looks fresh, glowy and even and it doesn't feel like I have anything on. The product seems to sink into the skin beautifully. I like how I can still see my freckles too. I've tried a lot of tinted moisturizers and I've been the most impressed with this one. I live in AZ and I see this being my go-to face product this summer!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by materialface

I've pretty much finished this TM within a year, of using it on/off. I would say this is a great summer TM. The color range is not wide enough for fair-skinned people. I purchased this in the second lightest shade: Alaska, and in the winter months, this makes my skin orange. I'm on the fence about repurchasing it because I'm not completely in love with it, and it is quite pricey, however it is NARS. I would recommend to try a sample of this first.