October 21, 2014 | 981 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 3:36:00 AM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The texture of my skin isn't all that smooth, so using anything heavier than a tinted moisturiser makes the makeup on my skin look extremely cakey. Also I have blemish free skin, so I didn't want to put on more makeup than my skin needs to look healthy.

I bought this in Annapurna (Medium 2) and use it along with my Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick (Warm Honey/Golden) for spot concealing. It gives me a sheer, dewy coverage and that lasts and lasts and lasts. With this product, my skin is looks instantly better - glowy, golden and clear all at once. I'm extremely happy with this product and will keep repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by NYSuzyq87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's like they didn't even try to match the average human's skin tone -- unless it's overly spray tanned individuals. This is the most orange cosmetic I've ever seen. Thankfully I received a sample from Sephora and did not need to pay for it. The product itself is pretty decent. I have oily skin and it made my skin look oilier (I think the color really made it stand out).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by marymary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use Groenland, even though I'm a medium to fair asian so assume nothing. Colour match is perfect.
Very easy to apply, must be the silicones which I normally hate, but like here. Smells nice and fresh. Coverage is quite good esp. as it feels so light.
I wore it through the summer with no breakouts. Finish is dewy but not too much. If you really want dewy, I'd still go with becca esp in winter or if you're dry.
I don't mind the price especially when compared to similar high end *cough* mercier, becca

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by sweetlyvenomous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this tinted moisturizer. The finish it gives that is, not the oil clogs that it's given me.

I'm not really sure if this is the main culprit behind the many bumps and oil clogs I have now because when I first used it everything seemed fine... Anyway I tried a sample of this and laura mercier's tinted moisturizer, and felt that the finish for this was just gorgeous. It's definitely RADIANT, kind of a healthy skin look. Like the korean natural radiant makeup look. It's really the best finish I've seen compared to other bb creams/foundations like MUFE's HD, thus the 4 lippies rating.

However, this does "settle" and separate a little on me maybe because I'm too oily. It shows my flaky areas too, so it's not very moisturizing but still gave me oil clogs.

At $60plus where I live, it's just too expensive to repurchase for the skin problems it gave. :( Perhaps when my skin condition improves and has grown more resistant, I'll try this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by katayoun

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This look gorgeous on! Love it. I am St. Moritz in the summer, and Alaska in the winter. I usually have to use another moisturizer underneath, and make sure my skin is very well exfoliated. This is my everyday makeup (wear it to work), and I usually receive a lot of compliments. I haven't noticed an "benefits," and sometimes I breakout a little (very acne prone); but, it looks very pretty, and that is what I am going for. I will likely continue to purchase this product.

Downsides? The color selection is awful. Truly awful. Alaska is supposed to be neutral, but its not really. It is more yellow/ orange than beige. Thankfully, this is a light coverage, tinted moisturizer, so an exact match isn't really a deal breaker ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Freydeforce

I really wanted to love this TM. The finish was perfect for me and the color match was great. I'm an NC15 skin tone and the Light 0 and Light 1 were both a good match. I actually got very generous samples of this TM from Sephora and was loving it for a while. It blends so easily and does a great job of covering redness and discoloration. Makes my pores invisible.

However, I think this is what caused my face to break out in pimples that I NEVER get. I have combo-oily skin and unfortunately I am never pimple free. I always have one or two lurking but for a while my forehead and jawline were perfect until I started using this TM (I think). The past few weeks I have been breaking out in giant under the skin cysts on my jaw and cheeks something that has never EVER happened to me. I was very unsure of what the cause was and kept using this TM every once in a while. After thinking about it, I figured this must be what it is. It has dimethicone which may be the culprit. I tried it again the other night and only had it on for a few hours and when I took it off I had a new pimple. So, this must be it.

Such a shame because it lasted well on me despite my oily t zone and the color and blending was fabulous. If Nars took out the dimethicone and other bad ingredients I bet it would work for me, but I'm too scared to keep using it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by xYvettex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first tinted moisturizer I have tried. It doesn't break me out and goes on really well doesn't set fast you have plenty of time to apply and blend. It is buildable, covers my acne marks, blemishes, and redness without looking like a mask. It is natural looking.The only thing that I would say that was a negative was that I have to blot or apply my tarte smooth operator powder to set every three hours.... Not much staying power but other than that totally love:)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2013 1:26:00 AM More reviews by mvaldovinos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this to avoid using foundation everyday. It has a very light coverage and it does not make me break out or clog my pores. I love it, I just wish it was less oily but it's easy to blend and good for everyday use for those that want to give their skin a little break from foundation. During the summer it was too light for me and nars doesn't have a big color selection for this product. I would buy it again for sure

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by magda12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awesome coverage and SPF protection!

I've used tinted moisturizers for a long time now because my skin is too dry for powders and I really dislike the heavy coverage of foundation on my skin. After I finished my well-liked drugstore brand, I decided I'd treat myself to something a little nicer and so I tried various samples @ Sephora.

DiorSkin was nice but the colors were odd on me... Stila was nice but the SPF was skimpy... finally I tried the spanking new Nars TM and fell in love!!!

St. Moritz looked awesome on my skin, had the slightest hint of shimmer and was very sheer, which I really dig. It doesn't look like I have a flawless but fake-looking mask... just really nice skin. The cherry on top is definitely the generous SPF.

I knew I had found a good thing when I wasn't able to find it anywhere... sold out, sold out! Finally found it in a smaller Sephora! I will be wearing this for a long while. Since I'm a product ho, though, I will most likely move on to the next popular thing when it runs out. :P

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I slightly re-edit the review. I haven't changed my opinion and still feel the same about it.

I was searching for a TM to use it on days when I don't want a lot of coverage (weekends, spending time at the beach, in nature, mountains, etc.). I tried the Laura Mercier one, but didn't like the coverage. The good thing about Nars' TM are the coverage and the benefits. It offers light to medium coverage with one layer. It covers more than Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation with the same amount. Though pores and redness are less prominent, for anything major you NEED to use a concealer. When used without a moisturizer underneath, I get about 4 hours of wear time without ANY oiliness (weather: dry, sunny, cca. 22 Celsius degrees). The TM lasts about 8 hours on me. I find the price to be steep (for a tinted moisturizer), though you get more product than with a foundation (price is approx. the same). This TM is comparable to Korean BB creams, that are more affordable (approx. 15 USD). I didn't suffer any skin problems by using it.

It's a nice alternative to foundations that offers natural coverage, giving you not the perfect skin but a my skin but better. I would recommend and buy.

Shades I have tried / have : Alaska is a medium shade with a strong yellow undertone, despite being a Light 2. Groenland is a medium shade with neutral to peachy undertone. Though I have a yellow undertone, Groenland looks more natural on me. I wear Dior Star 020 (these two are a match one to each other), YSL Fusion Ink BD40 and MUFE HD 120, while Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk 3.5 is slightly too dark for me now. In MAC terms, I'm NC25. For anyone lighter, the shades would be unworkable and too dark (own experience). I should note that Groenland is not the perfect match, it is half a shade to one shade too dark for me, but works fine.