September 3, 2014 | 1096 users online

Foundations - Rimmel - Wake Me Up

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2013 8:08:00 AM More reviews by mikaelabryan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay for a starter I DO NOT like wearing liquid/cream/mousse foundations. It's powder with a little concealer for me. I wanted a liquid foundation for a function I was catering at for long lasting wear the whole time (10 hours). For someone who STRONGLY DISLIKES liquid foundation, I LOVED THIS FOUNDATION SOOOO MUCH. Great coverage, long lasting (I just touched up with powder on my break), and not oily at all! Very pleased

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I love this foundation! The only thing that sucks is the colour range. I have NC15 skin, and ivory is still a bit dark / orange for me. It works better when I'm self tanning. It's medium coverage, and blends / applies nicely.. and the finish is beautiful. I looked in my car mirror (if your makeup looks bad the lighting in the car will let you know!) and couldn't believe how nice my skin looked.. like, really nice. Even though I was breaking out. It has a natural & glowing look to it, not shimmery or oily just glowy. The foundation does have shimmer in it but I don't find it noticeable. It's not a long wearing foundation (at least not on my oily skin) so I tend to wear it when I'm only out for a few hours. Sometimes I mix it with revlon colorstay to get a better match / longer wear. If you can find a colour match I do recommend this!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by monkeynuts

I read/watched so many good reviews of this I snapped it up when on offer somewhere. Unfortunately it doesn't love me like it does so many others! I found the shade, which would've been ivory, just didn't look natural on me. The coverage was not enough for my crap skin so I didn't look healthy wearing this. It's a shame because I really wanted to like it. I will pass it on to my sister with clearer skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Lirong

I bought the lightest shade and was very happy with color match and the way in blended on my skin, but on pictures I was horrified to find out i turned out white as a ghost.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by emily0212

I'm from the US but took a trip to Canada recently and got this at a Walmart. (Part of my excitement for this trip was the beauty haul at Walmart...don't tell my boyfriend...LOL) Was SO EXCITED to try it. and....the lightest shade (ivory something) makes me look like an oompa loompa. BUMMER! Pretty finish, more satin than matte, didn't smell funky, would have been perfect. So either I need to get some white foundation to lighten this one up or it's going on eBay.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Lazza91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is probably my favourite Rimmel foundation i have tried. It has a lightweight feel and provides a medium coverage. Also, it gives a natural finish to the skin, making it a great choice for an everyday foundation. It has excellent value for money too as it is available on promotion regularly! Really enjoy using this foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by helend9

I have really sensitive skin which has recently become very dry. This foundation has been a godsend! The consistency is easy to apply (I use a sponge rather than a brush) it spreads well and evenly, and covers blemishes well without the need for a heavy duty concealer (I have quite a few acne scars). The "wake me up" element of the shiny sparkly bits is noticeable when the makeup is on the back of my hand, however once blended onto the face it is not noticeable other than giving a healthy glowing finish to your makeup.

There is a good selection of shades in this too I swap between two different shades depending on how tanned my face is.
I have found that this foundation doesn't dry my skin out (something i have had previous issues with) however I do use a decent (Liz Earle) cleanser in the evenings so this could be part of it!

Only down side is the poor design of the bottle. The pump mechanism is a bit rubbish and i had to unscrew the whole mechanism to allow me to get everything out of my bottle, easy to have wastage and only use half the product otherwise.

Overall perfect product to introduce someone to a liquid foundation or for someone looking for an easy and manageable foundation which they can apply quickly before heading off to work or school.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Sunflowergo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'd heard such rave reviews from beauty gurus about this foundation, so had to try it. I knew that it wouldn't be a perfect match for my skin type (it's meant to be ideal for people with dry skin, whereas I have oily), but I find some matte foundations make my skin look a bit lifeless and dull.

It has glitter in the bottle, but it doesn't show up on the skin. It gives a nice glow and dewiness. I got it in the lightest shade and it would be a tad too dark for my skin if I didn't self tan, but I still think paler girls could get away with it without looking too orange.

People will either love or hate the bottle (it has a bright orange lid), but I think it's cute and matches the product and the whole "wake me up" idea well.

The foundation stayed on me all day. My skin did go shiny but I expected this, and I think it's more down to how my skin is rather than the foundation. It's definitely more suited for dry skin, but overall I think it's a lovely foundation that makes you look more radiant.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2013 2:59:00 AM More reviews by madelinegaw

I bought this as I had just ran out of my studio fix and bought it from my local supermarket, as it was on sale. When I first tried it I was a little turned off by the glitter and since I am very fair I bought the lightest colour but it was still a little dark. I got to school and people were noticing the the glitter, I tried a powder over the top, but just made it look worse. Would not recommend to buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by briaghamy

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS FOUNDATION SO SO MUCH! I have really sensitive skin that breaks out quite easily, so I was really apprehensive to try this foundation! But by god I'm glad I did. It's a mighty little thing that is really easy to build up coverage an applies so so nicely, the small particles of glitter give you a lovely glow without making you look like a disco ball. I did think it was going to be a lot dewier that what it was, but I'm glad with the result as I have quite oily skin. I'm in the colour soft beige and it matches perfectly! I would repurchase this product a million times over. I love it!