December 20, 2014 | 1599 users online

Foundations - Rimmel - Wake Me Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Debbinha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation has to be one of the best drugstore foundations around. It's lightweight but can be layered more and more to achieve more coverage. But a single layer is enough. The smell is divine which is nice when someone goes to kiss you. It has an amazing finish if you like the healthy non oily dewy look. The colours are great too. Will def repurchase!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by beautyyangel

Absolutely love this product. It is light weight but covers up your skin pretty well. It hides any redness and you can layer it up if you want more coverage. It slides on perfectly on my skin, and lasts quite long especially with a primer. I love mixing it with another foundation that is a couple shades darker and putting it on my temples and places where the sun hits..as it really glows and looks amazing. The consistency is good. It has lasted me pretty ling..using it quite often for about 5 months - I didn't wear too much at school though. The price wasn't too bad. I love the quality for a drugstore foundation, and I am usually on a budget so this seems to be my go-to foundation at the moment.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 7:42:00 AM More reviews by LoreleiK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is absolutely my new fev foundation ! My skin is dry and sensitive and so it's really hard to find something that will not only makes me looks good, but also makes my skin feels good. Rimmel Wake Me Up is just the perfect solution to what I need. It give you the natural look but with enough coverage. The pump head makes it easier to use and is not messy at all. I can't say much about the long lasting factor because I don't wear foundation from day tonight....

Edit 1
I've had the occasions to wear the foundation from morning to night and found that Wake Me Up can actually last for hours (9hr+) without looking dull or anything. But if you have oily skin you might need to powder during the time.
Ps. The foundation has a bit of glow but gives me a semi matte finish which I love.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by glitterandsparkles42

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I like this foundation however, the colour selection isn't very good. I don't have really pale skin but the ivory shade is a little too dark for me. However, it does brighten up the skin and lasts for a while on the face.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2013 9:03:00 AM More reviews by Carallll

The foundation itself is brilliant and has great staying power even without it being set. However I got the lightest shade and it is so orange it's unbelievable. So I took it straight off without even seeing the finish. So although the packagings nice I wouldn't buy it again and I'm glad I got it for £5 instead of £9

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by courtney771

Coming from someone with acne scarring and severe redness, i use my studio fix foundation underneath, just a light layer and this foundation ontop. never had a foundation give me the flawless and full coverage look like this foundation gives me! I would compare it to the coverage power of make up forevers matte HD foundation! Love it. I get compliments on my skin now! In love!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by rcmd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. The lightest shade, 100 Ivory is a great match for my skin tone, although I wouldn't consider myself super pale. I have oily to combination skin, and found this applied easily with even, medium coverage using the Real Techniques buffing brush. It is on the oily side so I used some translucent powder, and it lasted all day.

I bought it during a sale on ASOS for $10.51. It retails for $19.95 in Australia so this was a great deal.

I would have rated it 5/5, except for one problem. This was the first foundation that made me completely break out. Each morning after I wore it (I have worn it on three separate occasions, just to be sure), I woke up with huge, red, painful pimples. I might still wear this on special occasions until I find a better foundation, but I have no plans to purchase this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by JessGnmr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really like this foundation. It wears really well, the shade i have matches my skin really well and the shimmer really brightens my complexion. However i do find that this foundation breaks me out when i wear it. I still use it on special occasions because it is really great, but i can't wear it every day because my acne gets too bad!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2013 9:11:00 AM More reviews by ameleahlovesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I honestly don't see the hype over this foundation! It gives good coverage but it's so obviously shimmery and cakey! I know the point of this foundation is to 'wake you up' however I really hate shimmer, I just like radiance and sheen. But if you don't mind that, it's an okay foundation for the price, it's just really not for me. The packaging is good though, with a hygienic pump.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by satin828

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I used to wear foundation daily in university when my skin was more prone to breakouts but haven't been wearing much foundation for the last 3-4 years. Recently, my skin has been breaking out more frequently due to stress, and I've been looking for a foundation with good coverage and lasting power. After reading the MUA reviews, I bought this foundation, and wow, this is amazing and definitely HG worthy!

I live in the Netherlands, and there is a terrible selection of cosmetics here so I do all my makeup shopping online. The toughest part is selecting the right shade, which I have to rely on reviews. I have tanned Asian skin tone with yellow-based undertones, and I usually have trouble finding a good shade match. Given that the shade selection for this product is quite limited, I was amazed that I was able to find one that matched my skin exactly - 303 True Nude. It's a way better match than any other foundations. This foundation usually sells for £9, and I bought it from ASOS for £5.5.

First off, the packaging is really cute - love the orange colour and pump applicator. There is no weird scent or anything. The foundation itself is fantastic! It's very creamy with a medium to buildable coverage. I can never find a concealer in the right shade so I just layer foundation to cover blemishes. Even several layers of this one doesn't give you a cakey look. The foundation dries to a slightly dewy finish on my normal/combination skin. I find that it can emphasize the dry spots so make sure to moisturize very well before putting on the foundation. However, it's not a problem for the more oily parts of my skin. My nose is extremely oily, and most foundations do not stay on for very long. This one, however, stays put on my entire face for 8 hours with setting powder. Even without setting powder, it doesn't smear off/transfer easily. While I have slightly sensitive skin, this foundation hasn't cause any breakouts on me so far.

Overall, it's a HG foundation with great coverage, finish, and lasting power! True Nude is very yellow-based and suitable for tanned Asian skin tones.