Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter - Tutti Frutti

4.2

on 4/29/2012 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

If you're looking for a sheer coral lip product, this is a really good bet. It's a scary orange in the tube, but on my pigmented lips it turns into a beautiful orange-pink. The texture is nice, too: less thick than lipstick, less sticky than lip gloss, fairly moisturizing. You'll definitely have to reapply after eating or drinking, but that's to be expected from a sheer lipstick.

My one major quibble was with the packaging. The tube opens from the bottom, which is awkward, and it's made of a shiny orange plastic that looks tacky and childish. Worst of all, the lip butter doesn't retract fully; I have to push it back into the tube. Maybe I got a defective one, but regardless, this shouldn't happen (especially not for the price, which is high for a drugstore product). Still, I'd buy this lip butter again just for the color and texture.

on 4/26/2012 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Overall, I like the lip butters. TF is sheer on me because of the pigment in my lips. One thing I don't like is the texture. It's very soft and starting to make a mess all over the applicator. I also use pink truffle and it's not this soft.
edit 5/8/12 --> Also, settles into lines on your lips.
edit 7/12 --> took another lippie off. This stuff is just too soft!

on 4/24/2012 7:17:00 PM

The Revlon Lip Butters are seriously the best lipstick I've ever used!
Price: $8.93 CAD (@Walmart)
Pkg: square tube, translucent quilted lid w/clear top
Colour: tangerine-orange
Finish: balm-y crème-shine
Pigmentation: light at one swipe; buildable
Texture: buttery smooth
I freakin love this colour esp now that it's spring (supposed to be anyway). Since it's a sheer orange/tangerine, it doesn't overwhelm the entire face.
I like it over lip balm cuz it makes my lips tingly
A fun bright colour that I'll buy again and again :)

on 4/22/2012 9:21:00 PM

When I first saw it, I was in love with the colour. Really bright and vibrant, just the colour that I was looking for for this spring/summer! But it was a disappointment. It doesn't coat evenly on my lips. And the colour doesn't look right... Different than what you would expect. :(

on 4/17/2012 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

For me this is a bit more orange than peach. One layer is flattering, two layers... not so much. The color is buildable, love the tube it came in, and I love the texture. I wouldn't buy this shade again but I can see myself purchasing other colors in this line.

on 4/15/2012 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the BEST STUFF EVER. I have literally started hoarding this product... I pick up a tube anytime I see it in stock. I have been in search of a peachy lipstick that is hydrating and glossy on its own and this is it. No complaints whatsoever.

on 4/14/2012 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This product gives me the same effect as Super Lustrous LG in Coral Reef: it refreshes my overall look. I gave it a 3 (wanted to give it a 3.5) because it still takes me some time and effort to make it work on my pigmented lips, but it's a lovely shade indeed. It feels comfortable and moisturize my lips as well.

I originally bought this in Peach Parfait and really didn't like it much, the giant glitter in it was drying and it wasn't really peachy, more like pink on my highly pigmented lips. They were on sale at CVS, so I decided to try buying some more in different shades and picked it up in Creme Brulee and Tuti Frutti. On it's own, I don't love tutti frutti. It's a weird orange color on me (I'm NC30-NC35). I do love it layered with the creme brulee shade. I wouldn't buy this particular shade again, but I would buy creme brulee again.

on 3/28/2012 3:51:00 PM

For reference I have fair skin (second to lightest usually), reddish brown hair, brown eyes, pigmented lips (so I usually like the darker lip colors - I like Red Velvet and Fig)...

This color, is too pale for my pigmented lips. Also, it's too orangey. Maybe with a darker lipliner I can make it work. But I wouldn't buy it again.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

The Revlon Lip Butters are the perfect amount of sheer color and are not especially drying.

They're not as nourishing as they claim, but they do give your lips a smooth, glossy sheen with a flattering hint of color.

Tutti Fruiti is a lovely light orange color that is a great look for spring/summer without overwhelming your face with a bright lipstick.