July 28, 2014 | 2188 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Photoready 3D Volume

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2012 9:18:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily1787

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara is pretty good at providing definition, but not so much volume. The wand has plastic bristles with a spiky section on the end, making it easy to coat the outer lashes. The major problem I have with this mascara is that it tends to transfer under my eyes throughout the day. This has never happened to me with any other mascaras, and I mostly use d/s ones. It also isn't a very buildable mascara, because it seems to me that what you see (with the first coat) is what you get. The last mascara I used prior to this was a comb mascara, so I appreciated how little effort this mascara took to get very black, defined lashes. A good mascara, but I wouldn't repurchase because I'm sure I can find another that won't transfer.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2012 2:54:00 AM More reviews by killerbees62

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

don't know why i read the reviews and choose not to listen always think "but this product will be different for me!". it's not bad, but not great. i got mine on sale around $6. i dislike how this it's advertised as a volume mascara and i really dont think it is. it's nice for separating, adding some length and definition..but volume not so much. i like the big falsies look and this didn't do it for me. doesn't flake and comes off easy with water..thats always nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Bellapuella91

this is a great product to buy if you don't want to spend the money on benefit's "they're real" mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by katiekatmeow

I LOVE this mascara. I don't understand how this can make it look like I have so many eyelashes, but whatever I won't question it. It's really wonderful, my lashes look long and full. I find that results are best when you comb through for awhile, so application is a little longer. It's worth it for such pretty lashes though. I have the waterproof version also, which is just as lovely.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2012 9:49:00 AM More reviews by hillaryhansen

This formula is very sticky, therefore, it clumps like crazy. My lashes stick together, which creates the opposite of volume. I like to curl my lashes both before and after applying mascara to make them look really long and curly, but when I use my lash curler with this mascara, it makes my lashes clump even more and bend in weird directions. It does nothing for my eyes, and I feel like it actually makes them look worse than without mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by missgiselley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a new mascara to replace my lash blast volume mascara that was drying out. I researched a couple and became interested in this particular mascara. I immediately bought it and tried it out at home. Let me just say that it is AMAZING. Especially when used with an eyelash curler.
I have very short, straight, eyelashes but this makes them look longer and voluminous. In just a few sweeps this provides the length and volume I need/want. The brush isn't too big or too small and its easy to apply without getting product on your eyelid or making a mess. You can easily build this up to get a very volumized dramatic look, or just apply normally for a nice, full eyelash look. It's just overall a really nice mascara.
It also has no clumping whatsoever! (at least for my lashes which is saying something considering every mascara I use has some sort of problem)
This is my HG mascara of the moment. Haven't had any problems or complaints with it. IN LOVE!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by SwordChant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Overall I'd say this is a pretty mediocre product: it's neither good nor bad. I was really excited to try it out and initially thought it was amazing. I thought they looked like my lashes but better. However, wearing it for a week, I found that it made my lashes feel rather stiff and took my already long lashes and made them look shorter (how the hell this happened is beyond me). It's one of the better waterproof formula's I've tried and the brush, in theory, is nice, but it seems to take my separated lashes and bind them all together. If you want a spikey mascara, I'd say this is right up your alley. However, if you want great definition, I'd say you're better off to keep looking.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Raquelina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a fairly good mascara, and in my opinion, definitely one of the best Revlon makes. The color is very black, and the plastic brush is able to grab each lash very well. The spiked/domed end certainly helps to lift and flare your outer lashes, which I particularly like. There's almost no clumping with this mascara, but on the other side of the coin, there's not that much volume either. The product does give SOME volume, but not as much as I would like, especially considering the mascara is marketed as imparting "3D Volume". I would say this particular mascara's strengths were lengthening, giving definition, and lifting rather than volumizing. Nevertheless, it's not a bad product at all, so I would consider repurchasing in the future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

Great mascara! I've been on a search for a DS replacement for my HG mascara, Benefit They're Real! Well, this isn't a dupe but it's as close as I've found so far and I'm extremely pleased with it. I've tried LashBlast and Voluminous and didn't get a fraction of the volume I got with Revlon's Photoready. I'd say it does about 80% of what They're Real! does but of course, it's only 25% of the price of They're Real! It seems that these days mascaras come with so many different wands in such a crazy number of formulas that an adjustment period is needed when I make a switch. It's got the rubbery, spiky brush that is on the longer side, longer than LashBlast's if memory serves. It could have been shorter, as it would probably give the user more control. The formula is very wet, which is also something I'm not used to; I can't wait til this dries out in two weeks or so. It seems the watery formula makes it hard to build without clumping, but I'm not really a multiple coat mascara person anyway. I get great volume and definition with it, and like with They're Real!, the Photoready brush seems to find lots of lashes I didn't know I had. One of the other little things that makes me very happy is that it's in both black (two shades of black, actually), and Blackened Brown! Yay! I like to wear a brownish mascara if I'm looking tired; black mascara can be too harsh with my dark circles during the day. So although it's not perfect you can expect great results with really BIG lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by e4muw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have finally found my holy grail mascara and it's affordable too! This mascara makes my lashes look 10x better. It lengthens and volumizes without clumping. After applying this, my lashes open up my eyes and honestly, makes me feel like a girly girl. Mascaras always smudge on me but this one did not. I've used this for a couple of months and cannot find anything bad to say about it. I guess if I was being extremely picky, it would be the box-like packaging but that really does not bother me at all.