Cover Girl Covergirl and Olay Tone Rehab 2 in 1 Foundation

3.7

Ingredients Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Acetyl Glucosamine, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Niacinamide, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Panthenol, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide 4, Tocopheryl Acetate, Allantoin, Methicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, PEG 10 Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, PEG 100 Stearate, May Contain:, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I like it, but I wouldn't repurchase it.

It has a nice shade selection, and I picked "tawny"; I have to admit I'm impressed by how well it blends with my skin tone (I can be jaded about drugstore shades and how hard it is to match to my skin tone). It's a light/light-medium coverage, and since I have combo/oily skin and this has a serum in it I don't need a moisturizer underneath.

My main thing, which is what a lot of people have already stated, is the oily factor in this. I can't complain because it doesn't say anything about combating oil as a purpose, but it really is a dealbreaker for me since halfway through the day my face gets way more shiny looking than I prefer (even when I put on oil absorbing powder as a finish afterwards). If I wear a moisturizer underneath it makes my face look dirty as well. Since I wear sunscreen everyday and this makes it hard for me to do that, it's a dealbreaker. However, winter is coming, so this may work for the months where the air is drier. Still though, I'd rather not rebuy this.

on 9/1/2012 6:10:00 PM

This is a wonderful foundation! Provides great coverage that doesn't settle into the fine lines around my 53 year old eyes! Pair it up with the Covergirl/Olay pressed powder and you're good to go for the day!

I spent a lot on department store brands in the past, but this is soooo much better and less of a drain on my pocketbook!

on 9/1/2012 3:40:00 PM

Have spent a fortune in the effort to find my HG foundation. First purchased a shade that was a little too light, but the texture and coverage was so wonderful that I went one shade darker (#132 Nude Beige), and gave the light shade to a fairer friend. Now I'm about to spend a lot of money buying quite a lot of the Nude Beige for fear it will be discontinued by the company without warning. I am over 60. This is the only -- repeat, the ONLY -- foundation that does not emphasize fine lines on my cheeks, below my eyes, etc., and leaves no chalky residue, etc., etc. Well, we all know the flaws in most foundations. For me, this has none. It goes on smoothly, a tiny bit goes a very long way, and it has very, very good staying power. Hope it works for you, too.
Update: This is still my HG, and I switch from Nude Beige and Medium Beige.

on 9/1/2012 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I had the opportunity to try this product as a BzzAgent. I normally prefer to use powder foundation, specifically MAC Studio Fix, mainly because I can apply it easily in my usual morning rush. However, I was actually quite impressed with this product. I like the pump packaging, makes it very easy to not use too much and it is hygenic. I also find this foundation gives me natural coverage, not too heavy, which is just what I like. The foundation matches my skin tone perfectly as well. The one downside for me is that this does not work well to control shine, as I have combo/oily skin, though shine control is not something this product claims as a benefit. The price is quite reasonable, considering I feel it performs at the same level as much higher priced liquid foundations. I also feel this lasts through the day just as well as any other expensive foundation I have used. Overall, this foundation performed considerably better than I expected. I would repurchase, though I see myself using this more for special occasion when I want a bit more polished look rather than day to day work/running errands.

on 8/20/2012 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Smells wonderful, i get pretty good coverage, then again my skin is not horrible. i have oily skin. and this did add to it. Not heavy, looks natural. I would purchase this product again.

on 8/18/2012 3:04:00 PM

It's pretty expensive, but I wanted to try it. I loved it enough to keep buying it, even if it's $20!

on 8/5/2012 7:57:00 PM

Pros:
-Goes on nicely
-Pump
-Smells good

Cons:
-Terribly oily
-Makes me look shiny
-Made me pink pink pink!
-No Coverage

This has been the biggest disappointment of foundation I've ever had. It looked fantastic on my hand, and completely different on my face. It has no coverage, and just tinted everything on my face (even my few acne scars!). I have relatively clear skin with one or two pimples and a couple of acne scars, and this just wasn't any help. It also made me feel like a constant source of oil - not fun.

I rated this 1 because it smells good - I really enjoy the floral scent, although this may irritate some people.

I agree when people say that when swatched on the hand it looks amazing ut different when worn on the face. The coverage is medium buildable and does give a dewy radiant finish. I'm combination/oily and after a few hours, my face turned into an oil slick, even though I set it with powder. The color is great GOLDEN TAN, pump bottle is fantastic and one pump is way more than you need for full face. I won't repurchase due to it turning too oily and clamy on the skin but would recommend to someone with dry skin.

on 7/4/2012 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love olay products and covergirl too, and I really enjoyed the covergirl and olay simply ageless cream foundation in the little twist pot, but this for me was just terrible. My girlfriend and i were makeup shopping together and when we swatched this on the back of our hands it seemed AMAZING. It was creamy, smooth, highly pigmented for what appeared to be full coverage, and i had to buy it. I think I paid around 13-15 dollars for it which is probably the most expensive drugstore foundation I ever bought. When I applied it to my face - it was nothing like the swatch on my hand. It applied quite greasy, and had an extremely strong floral scent that gives me a headache. The coverage was NOT impressive at all. I am only 19 years old so i have no wrinkles or fine lines, i don't have much to cover at all - and still this product was just a huge disappointment for me. I have dry skin and this was super oily/greasy on me even when I set it with a powder. I'd love to wear it just to get through the bottle because it was quite expensive, but i just can't reach for it anymore, its not good and turns my face into a grease pot. My friend who bought it as well (shes one year older than me, 20) she didn't like it either. It didn't live up to my expectations. I like the packaging though and the fact that it comes with a pump, but other than that, the product itself isn't for me. :(

on 6/29/2012 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been trying to love this product for months now, but alas I have failed. It goes on so smooth and creamy and matches my skin so well, it's hard to not like it. With Olay inside and all the benefits of serum I wanted to love this.
The problem I have continuously run into with it has been oily skin. I have normal skin, it is not dry nor oily all summer and into autumn. Winter and spring it is a little dry on the cheeks, but mostly from the air and I moisturize a lot. This foundation turn my face into a huge oil-slick, lol. Especially in the summer! two hours after I apply it, it is shining and I mean shining. I could get a good reflection off my face with how shiny it gets with this. It feels greasy and uncomfortable when it starts getting this oily and I get annoyed.
Recently I tried putting bare essentials Mineral Veil over it to set it and that seems to help, but again, after a few more hours it becomes oily. This foundation seems to be aimed at very dry skin/mature skin, which is fine, so I wont be purchasing it again. The one I have still I will use in the winter when my cheeks are dry from the wind, otherwise its in my drawer til then.

Edit*** I started using this in winter now and I love it. Its very hydrating and makes my skin look dewy almost. I am editing the rating because I think this is a winter foundation for me. I can rely on this when my skin is very dry to look natural.