Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Sugar Plum

on 3/8/2012 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very pretty mid toned plummy pink, and one of my favorite shades. It's almost always sold out so next time I see it again I might go ahead and stock up. I totally wish they would make a lipstick in this color. Very nice and perfect for anytime, with or without makeup, with or without lipliner.

on 3/7/2012 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I absolutely love this color. When I first applied it, I fell in love. I knew it would not leave my purse. This is a sheer plummy pink which looks awesome with or without a lip pencil. This is perfect for everyday looks or if you're kicking it with friends.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is one of my FAVORITE shades in this line. It's just such a pretty berry color, with a nice purple undertone, it just looks REALLY good with my fair complexion. It's not too dark, not too sheer, it's just a perfect balance. It's really pigmented, unlike some of the other lip butters, it only takes a swipe or two to get a nice shot of color on your lips with this one. And again, like the other shades in this line, it is super moisturizing on your lips and feels more like a balm than a lipstick. Love it.

on 2/22/2012 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was hearing all the buzz about these lip butters so I decided to try.
My lip routine usually consists of lipliner, lipstick and them gloss over.
And I have full lips and drink a lot of fluids during the day so I re- apply at least five times a day. This is very time consuming. I bought sugar plum and creme brle based on a combo that I saw one of my favorite beauty bloggers use.
Love at first try! It goes on so smooth and pretty. It does what other lipsticks have only claimed. Gives you that full coverage of a lipstick with the shine of a Lipgloss .
And I didn't need lipliner. I don't think I've went without lipliner since I was 14 .
It gives you that full defined look.
And when you mix these two colors together it is the most gorgeous mauve color that would work on any skin tone. The only bad thing about these lipsticks is that I find myself re- applying a lot. Not so much because they wear off quickly but because try feel great. They don't last a considerable amount of time because they do have a Lipgloss slickness but it is still way easier than doing my normal routine.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

-packaging tries to match shade of lipstick
-no scent
-no flavour

-lasts only about 1hr on me but I drink a cup of water every hour
-cheap plastic cover
-every time it goes on sale, the shades I love are gone!

These are addicting. The only thing I wish it had was SPF. I could seriously buy so many even the bright red ones. I think most shades can be worn by all skin tones.

on 2/14/2012 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This color shows up as the cool plummy pink version of MLBB. It is not as pigmented as Red Velvet, Raspberry Pie, or Candy Apple, but not sheer either. It is in the middle regarding pigmentation of these Lip Butters. Sugar Plum is creamy with no shimmer or glitter.
I love this color for everyday looks. It would even look good on me if I was wearing no other makeup. I love it and would repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I'm very impressed with the quality of this color. I've tried a few of the others but swapped those. I keep this at my desk at work. I'm NC20 for reference. It gives a pretty natural everyday look & can match almost any look. It is a rosy plum color. LOVE! It is not too sheer either. I will continue to buy.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love the color: a soft natural-looking mauve. The texture makes for uneven application at times but it can be smoothed out. I do recommend a liner--either colored or clear--to prevent it from bleeding off the lip into fine lines. It's not sticky or tacky, which is wonderful. Lips feel softer after wearing it. What would make this perfect would be adding some SPF to the formula.

on 2/7/2012 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I like these butters - smooth feel and lovely color payoff when applied.

Sugar Plum is not different, although I do think this leans more towards a cool-toned plum-pink shade than an actual plum.

This lip butter is almost the exact color of my lips - so it's a go-to for me, as an easy finish, especially with grey or cool-toned metallic eye makeup.

I also love how as these butters fade, they leave a lipstain look, and they fade evenly.

on 1/29/2012 1:29:00 PM

I love these lip butters. They feel like balm and they don't highlight dry lips