September 2, 2014 | 1848 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter in Sugar Plum

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by spinthedeck

I tried 5 shades of Lip Butter & found that Sugar Plum falls in the middle in terms of pigmentation, more than the lighter colors but not as much as the brighter/darker colors. I found that this true plum shade looks best when lightly applied, blotted w/a tissue & then applied lightly again; it entered garish old-lady territory when I applied too heavy a layer.

I only wish the formula was more moisturizing, especially considering it's a "lip butter" & supposedly contains all these hydrating ingredients. I expected it to be much more glossy & hydrating than it is. Also, be sure to exfoliate lips before applying, as the formula tends to settle into & gum up any dry skin - NOT an attractive look!

Bottom Line: I wouldn’t repurchase b/c I don’t think the color is anything special nor is the formula as hydrating as expected.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I suppose the pigmentation depends on how much you put on and what color your lips are to start with. on me this is a nice tinted lip balm with a raisin-y color stain.

would buy again. it's a nice everyday sort of thing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by MOIx2

When I wear this I get the berry bitten look on my lips. I really like it. Pigmentation is good and super moisturizing. Lasts for a good 2 hours, which is fine with me. You can't really expect long wear with something so moisturizing. Overall a very pretty berry color=)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by adlrmns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I now understand the hype. These lip butters are so moisturizing, and give off the perfect amount of berry stained color! Perfection

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 5:13:00 AM More reviews by CynthiaRae

Gorgeous color! The texture, color, wearability of this lip butter is perfect? Recommend

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by paulinawatson

i overall love revlon lip butters but i just loooove this color! its the first one i bought and its the perfect berry color for fall/ winter, some berry colors look almost brown against my skintone but not this! it dosnt last very long but it leaves a stain on your lips

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried quite a few of the lip butters by Revlon and this is my favorite shade (I think I am torn between this and Pink Truffle) this is a sheer plummy wash that is slightly deeper than my natural lip shade, but does not look like i'm wearing a full lipstick, which i like, I am pretty casual, and dont like to look made up all the time. This feels so nice and creamy on, and wears well. fantastic product, only wish it had SPF then it would be perfect!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 5:02:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

Sugar Plum is my favorite shade in this line besides Cherry Tart. These can go on sheer, and it would be a sheer mauve, but I like to get in there and warm up the product on my lips. That gives more color and shine, but it never looks goopy or sticky. I have lips in good condition, so I have no complaints about this drying my lips or being thick. I will buy Sugar Plum again because it's a soft and romantic shade. Not at all the purple I thought it would be.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2012 4:22:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I agree with the other reviewers that this is an excellent, flattering shade. I imagine it would look great on a wide variety of skin tones. It looks natural and warm toned with my NC30 skin. Goes with a wide variety of other makeup looks, doesn't really seem to "clash" with anything I've worn it with so far. Texture wise it is great, as are all the lip butters, its somewhere between a really smoothing (not goopy) gloss and a lipstick. Decently pigmented, and buildable. The one downside is that the wear time is kind of short. Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by tango2470

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely love all Revlon color burst lip balm simply because of their formulation, but this is one of my absolute faves. It's a gorgeous, sheer soft plum color I believe would look great on any skin tone. I can wear this alone and it brightens up my complexion, or with any eye makeup look. The product is moisturizing but not too greasy, shiny but not too glossy, and I also like that it isn't frosty like so many lip products because I think frosty finishes simply look dated. This is excellent quality, and I would reccomend it to everybody.