Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/25/2014 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have been wanting to buy palette for such a long time and I finally got it. It is a bit expensive but totally worth it. No matter what colors you combine, they go well with each other. The colors are very pigmented and stay on for a long time if applied with a primer underneath. The brushes that I got with this palette were the ones that come with Naked3. There isn't a blending brush anymore or a lip gloss. It just comes with 4 samples of primers, which I haven't tried yet. All in all, this is a very good palette to own. I don't know if it's better than the other Naked palettes, as I have not tried them yet.

on 6/24/2014 12:00:00 PM

I bought this palette after swatching it on my arm in store and loving the colors. However, when I got home and played around with it, I realized I hated the way the yellow-gold tones mixed with my natural skin color on my face. I returned it for the Naked3 palette. If you have yellow undertones to your skin, this is a totally gorgeous palette. It really lives up to the UD name in pigment, feel and staying power. Wonderfully blendable and super rich colors. But, if you are pinkish like me, save time and just go with the Naked3 palette.

on 6/20/2014 10:16:00 PM

The colours in this palette are undeniably beautiful - that's a fact but they don't go on your eyelid as pigmented as they seem. It takes a few "coats" to achieve a medium to dark intensity for mostly all the colours. I expected the colours to be more pigmented and richer on my actual eyelids instead of just seeming that way. One thing's for sure; it was not worth the $50 or so that I paid for it. Don't get me wrong though, I love the colours in this palette and they do work well when I out effort into my eye makeup that day.

I hate to be the party pooper who leaves the negative review because I'm not a negative Nancy. I bought this palette, and though the pigmentation is great, there are 2 serious problems that should be addressed with this palette, especially considering how expensive this palette is.
Numero Uno: This is a little difficult to describe. The colors are so metallic the true color intended does not show through as it does in the pan. The colors just don't look that different on, and as a result, it just looks bland and plain Jane.
Number 2: There is a quite a bit of fallout. No one wants to look like the drunken prom date with glitter all over her face. And forget about wearing these colors unless you are using a a good eyelid primer. It will look like your are wearing a gold metallic shade, with no real color payoff to it.
I do believe all the palettes are overly shimmery, and hey, some like that sort of thing, and look great doing it. BUT, if you are looking for a palette like this.... go get the original Naked or Naked 3 palette. They are much better in terms of color payoff.

on 6/8/2014 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Having a vast collection of eyeshades, I didn't feel compelled to jump on the bandwagon immediately when the first Naked palette came out, but I was in the store ASAP when I found out about this one because I love taupey shades. I actually was fortunate enough to nab a box that a sales associate accidentally left out before they were to go on sale a couple of years ago.

I like the general cooler tone of these shadows, but I honestly think that everyone assumes every shadow in this palette is cool because the packaging is cool-toned. Half Baked is in here also, which is a golden copper shade, annoying since it is in Naked 1 and I don't wear coppers or warm golds, and Foxy is also a warm-toned sheer neutral. I like the packaging better than Naked 1, since it clicks shut. Comes with a decent brush, but I put my own brush in there.

I'd recommend it for someone who either 1- loves collecting palettes like me 2- needs a great intro to neutrals with a variety of shades 3- knows very little about makeup and hasn't tried UD because this is a fair number of shadows to acquire at the same time, and you get to try the primer and brush too. For someone who already has tons of shadows and knows what to do with neutrals and has experimented plenty, the palette is just nice to have. How much you love it depends on why you buy it!

If I ever hit any pan, I don't see needing to repurchase the entire thing but would just buy the shades I ran out of. I would, however, purchase this as a gift, so that's why I said I'd repurchase.

on 6/7/2014 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really really wanted to love this pallet. I purchased it at sephora for 72$ Canadian with tax and i returned it about 10 days later. the packaging is nice and the pallet itself is also very sturdy and practical. The actual shadows themselves had very good pigmentation and were very creamy but no matter which combination i tried, they just didnt suit me. I really wish this pallet worked for me because i wanted to use it as my "go-to" pallet. A very similar and in my opinon better shadow pallet is the Dr's Formula shimmer shades that are available at canadian rexall locations. They have 3 nude pallets and they are also very creamy shadows. Plus they are only 14$ each so they are great for anyone wanting nice nude colors like the naked pallets but dont have that kind of money to spend. Overall i would recommend that everyone atleast try this pallet because it is a very hit and miss color scheme and it might just end up working very very well for you!

This palette is really my love/hate palette, and my least favorite out of the Naked palettes.
Well, the colors are lovely and do have good color payoff.
They would suit many people, and many people would love them.
But they just don't do it for me. As a pale girl with green eyes and black hair, these shades just don't really go with anything. There aren't enough mattes to do an entire makeup look with.
Sure, the packaging is hard and will be perfect for travel. And some will love this palette. Just make sure to try it out for yourself before purchasing it, since it's one of my palette regrets.

on 6/5/2014 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This palette is holy grail! These shadows are so creamy and beautiful. They last forever! Is there fallout? Sure. I just tap off my brush and clean up afterwards or do my eyes first before makeup. Here are a rundown of the colors..
Foxy is a yellow based matte color great for base
Half baked is a beautiful gold glitter. Lovely to add warmth to a look
Bootycall is a pink based shimmer I mix with foxy and put all over
Chopper is just blah for me. Too orange for my skin tone
Tease is the most gorgeous matte purply brown mauve shade. Great crease color
Snakebite is a nice shimmery brown color. Good crease
Suspect is a wonderful light gold color.. Soooo pretty
Pistol is a greenish grey color.. Doesn't suit me
Verve is a gorgeous oyster color. Too cool on its own but gorgeous warmed up with tease
Ydk is a glitter pinky brown. A good bit of glitter
Busted is a dark brown similar to hustle. Has a slight reddish undertone
Blackout is a matte true black

My favorite combos are foxy Bootycall and tease in crease
Suspect and verve mixed together with tease or snakebite in crease
Ydk all over lid, busted in crease

This pallete is so amazing. I love to pair it with the naked original. The only two colors I'm not crazy about are chopper and pistol. Both are usable for me in moderation. I will never be without this palette. I'm in love.

on 6/2/2014 7:35:00 AM

I love this! The colors are extremely pigmented, especially if you use a prime beforehand. They are so versatile as well, you can easily take them from day to night. I love every color on there, and the brush that comes with it is pretty good too. Definitely recommend this for anyone! Love it.

on 5/18/2014 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

No complaints at all, it's my fave of all three. I use tuapey shades a lot so I knew I'd be drawn to it. The liners are long lasting. I fall asleep with my makeup on sometimes and my eyeshadow looks practically identical. Large mirror, brush included, and eyeliner since the black shade works as a black powder liner that I use anyway. I just got back from a mini vacation and it was all I took with me, great buy.

Popular Palettes