April 16, 2014 | 948 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

I gave in and purchased the Naked 2 palette. I've been looking at it for as long as I could and talking myself out of it for months but had gift money and ended up purchasing it. I am so glad I did! I understand now why so many people rave about this palette, it is everything you've heard of it and then some. The colors are gorgeous, very easy to blend, and most importantly stays on the eyes ALL DAY. I have been buying dupes of some colors and the problem was not with the colors since it is quite easy to match them with drug store eyeshadows, but you cannot match the quality. Even my favorite Wet N Wild shadows seem bleak compared to UD. Maybe it's just me...
The only shade in the Naked 2 palette I do not care for is Chopper and it's a shame, since it looks absolutely gorgeous in the pan. It has sooo much glitter, I mean, CHUNKY glitter. Perhaps if you use it for parties or evenings, but for during the day it's a bit childish looking.
All in all, it's worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by knitknit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love the pencil tin style packaging. Easy to clean, easy to open and shut, no chance of it opening accidentally in your bag. For reference I don't have the first Naked palette, just this one. I'm not really into eyeshadow or fancy coloured makeup, I just wanted a few neutrals that I could wear every once in a while. This works excellently. If you just want a few basics to get you through the work week this is for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by cdove

I am in love with the naked 2 palette! I have this one and the original naked palette and personally I prefer this one. This palette has more cooler tones and I feel I get much more use out of this palette.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

I truly didn't think I'd love this palette as much as I do, I bought it because I LOVE UD eyeshadows due to their quality and pigmentation and to get 12 full-sized eyeshadows for £32 is a terrific deal! I own the original Naked palette and I do love the shades, but for some reason Naked 2 flatters my eyes more! All of the eyeshadows are fabulously pigmented, blend and apply like a dream, even though they're more cool-toned compared to the original Naked palette.

My favourites are;

Bootycall - Such an amazing frosty-white with a slight hint of peach! Incredibly similar to MAC's 'Ricepaper', I think this shade is better though, it makes a lovely inner corner highlight.

Chopper - Super sparkly but not to the extent of Sidecar (complete glitter bomb), on me its an orangey-copper, but it's so pretty.

Tease - A cool, matte mauve brown, perfect crease colour.

YDK - Gorgeous shimmery warm brown with gold undertones. To me it has a wet-look to it, and it would be Woodwinked's cooler cousin.

My 2 favourite easy looks from this palette are #1 Bootycall in the inner corner, Chopper all over the lids, Tease in the crease and Busted in the outer v - got this look from LoveMelisaMichelle! #2 Booty call in the inner corner, YDK all over the lids and Tease in the crease.

I love this palette so much, it looks so sleek and sophisticated and the shades are true to UD quality. Oh, and the brush that comes with it is excellent quality too!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Bellebeauty12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I seriously am in love with this palette! I don't think I will ever buy or use another eyeshadow palette again! ( unless a Naked 3 comes out....!)

This is what the back of the package it comes in when you buy it (not the case the actual case but the thing that holds the lip gloss too):
"You demanded it- more NAKED shades to obsess over. This latest collection of twelve never boring neutrals (5 of them NEW!) in matte, shimmer, and glitter textures expands your range of sultry looks."

Colors (in order in palette)
Foxy- This matte color barely shows up on my skin, but it's perfect for the brow one or blending in eyeshadow. I use it for my brow bone and when I use a really dark shade and I want to lighten it up.
Half baked- A nice, shimmery gold color.
Booty call- One of my favorite shades in this palette! It has a little bit of pretty shimmer. It's light and sooo pretty! I normally use it as my base, or just on my lid. Can be used for the brow bone and tear duct as well, or really anywhere! ( Too light for crease, if you ask me)
Chopper- This color shows up bronzey and coppery on my skin. It's really shimmery and sparkley. It's okay for me, and I like using it on my crease if I blend it with another color. A lot of people love this color though. I just don't like the crazy bronze shimmer. It's pretty though, if you blend it in well.
Tease- Another favorite! It's a nice matte light brown. So pretty!
Snakebite- ANOTHER FAVORITE! I love this color! PERFECT for the crease! I like to put chopper on my crease, then this over chopper. It's almost matte, but it has very little shimmer. Love it!
Suspect- Another gold, but a little more toned down and brown. Has the perfect amount of shimmer! I love this color, so pretty!
Pistol- A grey with a hint of brown and a little gold. Shimmery as well. Perfect touch on smokey eyes!
Verve- I love this! ANOTHER FAVORITE! It's a shimmer silver, but it's not too obnoxious and bright. I love using this in my tear duct area and on the outer corner on my bottom lash line and blend it in with my liner. Really adds a pop! So pretty!
YDK- Has a lot of glitter. It's gold but more brown. It's really pretty, but I find that it tends to have a lot of fallout due to the glitter. Still very pretty.
Busted- I love this name! I don't know why but it just sounds perfect for this color. It's a brown with a hint of grey. It's almost matte, but it has some hints of shimmer. It's perfect for those who like dark shadows!
Blackout- This is a matte black! It's perfect to use as an eye liner. I don't like to use it as a crease or any where else because I don't like to dark of eyeshadow, but would work great for those who do.

Brush: The brush that came with this package is actually double sidesd. I found that the longer bristle side is hard to use and doesn't have a lot of control, but it's good if you're using it to apply an all-over base. I like to use the flat ended side to just apply shadow to my lid, tear duct, any where except my crease. It works especially well with black out for eyelinner! I think I gonna try the flat end on the crease and then use the other side to blend it out... Ill see how it goes and update this when I try it out.

Lipgloss: This cute little gloss smells amazing! It's like mint with a hint of... Strawberry and a little bit of rose? I'm not sure,but decently mint. It's a nice, almost sheer color. Not too sticky. Love it! I'd rather have the primer, like it came in the first palette, but oh well.

Packaging: A way better improvement for the last palette! Where that last palette was cardboard and had the metal that just flipped closed, this one is like a plastic metal (I'm not sure) and it actually shuts close. It's way easier to travel with and carry around in my purse than Naked one! The mirror takes up the whole top side of the package, which is defiantly a plus. I use it all the time with my shadow. I'm a sucker for cute packaging, so that's definitley a MAJOR PLUS!

Over all, I was super duper uber please with this palette! The quality of this shadow is so amazing! I will probably keep buying this again and again. Thank you, Urban Decay, for making such an amazing color selection that all goes together beautifully! The price was $50, but that half of a hundred was worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by MissAanya

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like it. Price is not a factor as I'm all about product and packaging, overall, It's very good. I just like naked 1 better!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Marissaxox

I adore this ! I just bought it a week or so ago and I'm in love with it! I love all the shades and they apply so nicely. I like the packaging for this pallet better than the naked pallet, and the double sided brush is so useful! Will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by aqelvis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok, I waited a long while to purchase this, because I thought I was too old for some of the colors on this palette, but there were two that I knew I would use.....once I bought it, I got adventurous, and began playing with some of the more shimmery ones....Fabulous colors and a ton of fun! Love getting creative with it, and even found a website that made me try the most shimmery colors....I was so surprised how much I loved it, even with my somewhat aging eye area! Check out this look....it is soooo beautiful! http://web.stagram.com/p/378412235585671395_19619019
It is a gorgeous easy to do look....I used the lighter and darker silver in the set instead of the color they used for the inner lid color, and it worked beautifully....it was a lot of fun to play with so many colors, and create such a fun look! Really glad I purchased it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by SELENECERVANTES

My pallet broke & the colors did not suit my completion what so ever ): however some colors were useable and they do look great , glid on smoothly , very pigmented ! Great product for lighter completions !

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by JodieKay

I absolutely love my Naked 2 palette!

I got it for around 30, and with that many eye shadows at such a wonderful quality, it was an absolute bargain. Urban Decay makes the best eye shadows without a doubt, and I absolutely love my palette.

I use it every day. Sometimes I use it on my eyelids with my favourite UD Primer Potion in Sin (a very thin layer is all that's required, some people complain that it causes creasing but I have no problems) and the colours look beautiful. I mainly use it as an eyeliner for the bottom of my eyes, and my preferred shade is Snakebite.

I love Blackout, that makes a nice dramatic colour for when I'm looking to make an impact. Overall, the palette is extraordinary in quality and shades and I have used every single colour.

The lipgloss is amazing, that is definitely a standout for me. It's subtly plumping and smells gorgeous, and is just nice to put on when you don't want lipstick. The lipgloss isn't overly sticky, the consistency is perfect. Some people say they wish they'd just given a Primer Potion instead of the gloss, but I prefer the gloss since I own the potion already. However if I didn't own the potion I would have much preferred the UDPP as opposd to the gloss.

Now the packaging is a huge improvement from the original palette. It's durable, hard, and perfect for travelling. It looks better than the old packaging for the first Naked palette, and looks very pretty sitting on my dressing table.

I almost forgot - the brush! I use both ends of the brush regularly, it's very good quality and I'm glad they added that.

I would really recommend this. Anyone who has doubts, forget them now! This thing is the mother of all eyeshadows. Go Urban Decay for creating yet another spectacular addition to my cosmetics collection!