October 26, 2014 | 949 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by riceisnice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Honey, is that frosting you have on your face?
A lot of people say that this is a smooth and blendable concealer... But on my skin, this is terribly hard to blend. When I use a sponge, it looks cakey and blotchy. When I use my fingers, there's no more coverage. When I use a foundation or concealer brush, it's streaky. The only way I can use it is if I use a buffing brush to buff it in really well. It still looks a tad bit cakey, but at least I have some coverage.
I find that this concealer is a little drying too. As soon as I put it on my face, it dries within two or three seconds. My skin can get a little patchy if I didn't slather on a ton of primer. Speaking of primer, regardless of whether or not I use it, or even what primer I use, my skin gets a little more oily than usual with this concealer. Maybe it soaks up all of the oil out of my skin, I don't know.
In terms of wear, it does last all day. As long as I blot and don't powder my face, my skintone will remain relatively even. It does fade a little on my t-zone though, probably since I blot that area the most. Setting it with powder doesn't make much of a difference in prolonging the wear, so I usually skip it.
Also, I think there's something wrong with my tube... When I wind it, barely any product comes out of the sponge, regardless of how much I've winded it. I once stored this on its side in my makeup bag, and the concealer leaked out from the screwed part into the finished portion of the concealer. Now it doesn't wind down cleanly and there's a lot of excess product on the stick in the bottle.
I bought this for about $10 Canadian. Not worth it. I'm not buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I wanted this for a highlighter, but the shades weren't light enough so I use it as a brightener and concealer. I put it under my eyes and on the redness around my nose. Covers very well! I even use it very thinly as primer for my foundation if I want my makeup to last a long time. It really keeps your makeup on and smudge free for hours! I've also noticed it helps with reducing my greasy shine. It can make your skin look cakey if you use too much in one spot, so keep it light and build up if you need to. Great stuff and I will be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 3:45:00 AM More reviews by lwrng

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

AMAZING concealer. Smooth, blendable, long wearing coverage. The texture and finish feels & looks high end for sure, sits pretty in my makeup stash alongside my pricey tough guy MAC Pro Longwear Concealer. You want a drugstore concealer that puts in work, this is it!

For color reference:

When I am tan I use this concealer in MEDIUM & MAC NC30 products.

When I am me untouched by the sun I use REVLON Colorstay foundation in NUDE & this concealer in LIGHT.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by prettycitygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm on my 3rd tube of the Neutralizer concealer and I must say, this has become my HG of under eye concealer/brightener. The consistency is not too thick or too thin, perfectly blending in for an even coverage. I suggest not using a brush to blend this product, but gently tapping in with your finger tip to blend the product into your foundation/skin.

Though this product is not waterproof, I do workout everyday in makeup (during my office lunch breaks) and this product holds up beautifully! I also wear contacts and have watery, sensitive allergy eyes and have had not had one issue with this product.

My only complaint with this product is the applicator/package. OMG, this thing SUCKS! I don't mind the little sponge applicator, as I'm using it on my clean face only. But that twist knob always, I mean ALWAYS, breaks on me. Once it does, I have to push down on the lid to get the concealer to come up to the sponge. This has happened to every single tube that I've purchased. The applicator could use some improvement. Though I do like that itís clear so you can see when itís time to repurchase!

Product itself, hands down, AWESOME!

Please don't ever discontinue!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by mhartxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For me, this didn't erase my dark circles. My dark circles are HORRIBLE though, so it may work for someone whose aren't as bad! And the little twisty thing to get to the product was hard to get to work. However, I kept using this product for highlighting and brightening and I love it for that! And, as a side note, I have veryyyyyy acne-prone skin, and this doesn't break me out, in case that's something you worry about too (:

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by grimaldi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

it has great coverage, and it doesn't stick or cake in your lines at all. it applies very smoothly. i usually freak out about applicators that are sponges as i find it unsanitary, but this one seems to work very well for it's purpose so i don't mind as much.
My only word of advice or hesitation with this product is DO NOT use it as a concealer on anything but your eyes, maybe occasionally down your nose or cheekbones, maybe a little on the chin. Do NOT EVER let this anywhere near any acne or pimple prone areas, or it will assist in terrible breakouts. as long as u follow that guideline, so far i really like this product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 2:33:00 AM More reviews by mizlyn02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have light-medium, yellow-toned asian skin and have the shade medium and can I just say BEST drugstore dark circle concealer everr. I actually use this as my overall concealer to cover redness and to even out my skin. The packaging is pretty ehh but it's the results that come out of it I love. I have dry skin so it's definately best to moisturize before applying. Then set with a lil powder and BAM! Flawless. Lol. Will def repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 2:17:00 AM More reviews by poohlisey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have really dark under eye circles and this is a life saver. It is so pigmented and covers my circles nicely without any creasing if I set it with a powder and lasts all day. I tried higher end concealers but they all creased on until I found this one. I also use this as an eyeshadow primer and it is amazing with that too, keeping my eyeshadows creaseless all day! HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by vicaquino

Great concealer, the formula is very lightweight and glides on so smoothly! I only use it for my undereye area and it provides medium coverage, which of course can be built up with more product. I like to use this on days that I wear minimal makeup as it looks super natural. The sponge applicator is a little tricky cause it doesn't dispense product very evenly, and I sometimes find myself having to turn the product quite a few times to get enough to come out. But overall it definitely is one of the better drugstore concealers.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2014 9:38:00 AM More reviews by ashleymayf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Personally really dislike this packaging, and have mixed feelings on the concealer itself.

Mine is in the "illuminating" shade, which is perhaps my mistake. I find that it has a really odd, thin texture that felt almost greasy as I applied it. I also found that it flashed back in the most unflattering way in flash photography (partially due to the obnoxious shimmer of this shade). I've tried applying with fingers, brushes, sponges, everything and I can not make this work.

This product seems to be hyped quite a lot and I really don't understand it because I was so underwhelmed.