September 20, 2014 | 964 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 2:33:00 AM More reviews by mizlyn02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have light-medium, yellow-toned asian skin and have the shade medium and can I just say BEST drugstore dark circle concealer everr. I actually use this as my overall concealer to cover redness and to even out my skin. The packaging is pretty ehh but it's the results that come out of it I love. I have dry skin so it's definately best to moisturize before applying. Then set with a lil powder and BAM! Flawless. Lol. Will def repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 2:17:00 AM More reviews by poohlisey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have really dark under eye circles and this is a life saver. It is so pigmented and covers my circles nicely without any creasing if I set it with a powder and lasts all day. I tried higher end concealers but they all creased on until I found this one. I also use this as an eyeshadow primer and it is amazing with that too, keeping my eyeshadows creaseless all day! HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by vicaquino

Great concealer, the formula is very lightweight and glides on so smoothly! I only use it for my undereye area and it provides medium coverage, which of course can be built up with more product. I like to use this on days that I wear minimal makeup as it looks super natural. The sponge applicator is a little tricky cause it doesn't dispense product very evenly, and I sometimes find myself having to turn the product quite a few times to get enough to come out. But overall it definitely is one of the better drugstore concealers.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2014 9:38:00 AM More reviews by ashleymayf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Personally really dislike this packaging, and have mixed feelings on the concealer itself.

Mine is in the "illuminating" shade, which is perhaps my mistake. I find that it has a really odd, thin texture that felt almost greasy as I applied it. I also found that it flashed back in the most unflattering way in flash photography (partially due to the obnoxious shimmer of this shade). I've tried applying with fingers, brushes, sponges, everything and I can not make this work.

This product seems to be hyped quite a lot and I really don't understand it because I was so underwhelmed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The first time I tried this product, I hated it. I bought it in neutralizer, thought that it went on FAR too yellow, and I hated the sponge applicator, and even though I put a decent amount of it on, I didn't feel like it completely concealed my undereye darkness (which is, admittedly, severe).

The second time I tried this, I adjusted my expectations. I realized I had applied too much the first time, and given how yellow it appeared, I decided to apply it as more of a colour corrector than a full coverage concealer. I gently dotted it under my eyes, and blended it in with my ring finger. And it looked AWESOME.

My dark circles weren't COMPLETELY gone, but using this concealer under foundation helped to neutralize the darkness, so I only needed a tiny bit of my regular concealer on top. But the best part? it didn't crease. The entire day. This is unheard of for me. I tried comparing it to my other dark circle corrector, my previous HG. That product not only creased, but the eye I had it on looked more tired than the eye I applied this concealer to. New HG, definitely. I will never be without this as long as they continue to make it, and I look forward to trying the brightening shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by keiraellie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
+The formula is great. It feels light but provides great coverage.
+Doesn't flake on my drier areas
+Looks natural and pretty. Not cakey at all.
+The packaging (if it's not defective) is designed it so you use all the product
+Only about $10
+Works really well on the face to cover redness and blemishes

Cons:
-Sponge applicator. This is really the only way to put it on, and the sponge gets grungy. I don't like putting the sponge all over my nose then all over my face. It doesn't seem very sanitary. I don't have acne-prone skin but I can imagine that the dirty sponge can be an issue.
-Difficult to concentrate onto a zit due to the sponge. I wish I could just get the product straight so I can put it right where I want it.
-It is possible to get defective packaging. The packaging should press down to use all the product. However, mine leaks into the top chamber so half of the product is unaccessible. So I'm wasting a lot of product.
-Provides good coverage under my eyes. However, I'm stick looking for my HG under eye concealer for maximum coverage for special events.

Overall, this is a great concealer to cover-up blemishes and redness. I really like it and will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 3:54:00 AM More reviews by tayaferriss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've only tried this twice and I'm already in love! I've wanted to get this for a while after hearing all the raves about it on YouTube and I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I do. I'm 15 and I usually get about 3 hours of sleep on school nights which obviously is not enough so to say I look exhausted is an understatement and don't even get me started on the horrible dark rings under my eyes but as soon as I started wearing this, people started commenting about how I look a lot more awake and my eyes looked bright. This definitely erases my circles and lasts all day, I haven't noticed it creasing but then again I don't really have many creases under my eyes. Overall this is a great product. Definitely worth the $10!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Pamam13

My friends I have tried every single concealer out there and I keep coming back to this one. I have it all, extremely dry under eye area that's awesomely fine lined and this is the only concealer that has worked for me! It brightens and does sometimes work it's way into some of my lines but I find just blending it a little with my finger during the day helps that problem. Just try this and you'll love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2014 8:24:00 PM More reviews by bfish14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try this for a while because of the YouTube reviews. I finally caved and got it in the shade fair. I have very dark purple under eye circles that I wanted to cover up and since this is marketed as a dark circle corrector I thought it had a good chance of working for me. The packaging is a bit strange but I prefer applying my foundation with a sponge so this ended up working well in that aspect. The cons - the product is not very thick so I had to use a couple layers to get it to cover my circles and it looked cakey. I figured I would try it again later with a corrector first so I wouldn't need as much. But after just a few minutes after application, my eyes started watering and my under eyes were burning. I haven't had the courage to try it again because I'm afraid I might have the same bad reaction.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by carlyalicia

I love this product. I have it in the shade "light" and it's really great for concealing and brightening up under the eye. It's an affordable price too. The only thing I would say is that when you turn the top to to get the product out sometimes it doesn't come out and other times it's too much. I also feel that the sponge applicator seems a little unsanitary. Other than that I really like it and will continue to use it.