Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

3.8

on 2/22/2015 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this concealor since everyone RAVES about it. I have oily skin and for some reason when i added a second layer it made my skin look very dry and started peeling off. The color range also sucks. I'm tan/olive with yellow undertones and I couldn't find a color I liked.

on 2/22/2015 10:46:00 AM

I just finished using this entire product and it works ok as a concealer, but it really does not erase dark circles. I like the sponge applicator, and it product lasted a while, but I really do not think I will purchase it again.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Amazing concealer for light coverage under the eye. Does not crease and looks natural. For someone who needs a lot of coverage, I would not necessarily recommend unless you have a higher coverage setting powder.

on 2/20/2015 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have such a love/hate relationship with this product. I use this primarily as a highlight (under eyes, bridge of nose, inner forehead, cupid's bow, and center of my chin). Brief description of my skin.

I wouldn't say that I have mature skin; however, it is not what it used to be. I have 3 lines (not fine, but not deep yet) on my forehead, and some fine lines around my eyes. I have combination skin, normal in the cheek and forehead area, oily in the TZone. I have melasma on both of my cheeks that resulted from sun exposure when I was pregnant. As well as red marks from blemishes from when I was a teenager.

The love of this product comes with the fact that I don't find that it settles into my fine lines, and it is super blendable. In addition to that, the sponge applicator feels great on my skin and I don't feel like there is a lot of tugging happening (especially in the areas under my eyes that I am so desperately trying to save from the aging process). It has a wonderful texture and I wouldn't say that there is a smell that bothers me...

The hate part of this product is it's pigmentation... It is fine for all areas on my face, except for the area under my eyes (which is such a bummer because that is the area that I would prefer to use it on as it doesn't settle into those pesky lines, nor do I feel tugging that I frequently feel with heavy concealers). I definitely do not have ridiculous circles, purple/blue areas under my eyes, and it stinks that this doesn't cancel out the little discoloring I have. I have resorted to using this on the other areas of my face while using a different product (more expensive) under my eyes. I do that to conserve the more expensive product, because I have no issues repurchasing this for the price tag.

The product is quite messy and left my skin very dry and cracked looking. I could only use it right under my eyes, anywhere else just made things worse. It seemed like a good idea but the thing blew up all over the place over night sitting on my makeup table. The color was nice but that was about it. Didn't blend well and certainly didn't look natural at all. Yuk!

on 2/17/2015 5:50:00 PM

It covers very well. On normal skin it is excellent.
Is easy to blend on blemishes.

It clings to dry patches though. Also oxidises. Slightly orange on very pale skin. Feels heavy when applied.

The "sponge" that it comes out of is unhygenic as it is difficult to clean.

on 2/16/2015 1:27:00 AM

Used up this product and miss it already; it's only been two days. I have way too many other concealers queued up for use to go out and buy a replacement right now, but the second those run out I'll purchase this again for sure. They just aren't as good as this product. Highly recommend. Such easy application, not heavy and doesn't migrate on me into creases during the day. Lasted me quite long given daily use.

on 2/14/2015 1:40:00 PM

Just rip off the spongey top bit. You'll need 2 clicks for both eyes as opposed to the 5+ clicks you need when leaving it on. Fantastic for dark under eyes, probably the best at the drugstore

on 2/13/2015 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I wish they made more colors in this because most of them are too light for me even for highlighting my face. I have medium-toned olive skin and I have tried many but it is just too light. I don't like the packaging because I think the sponge tip is not very hygenic. I gave this to my mom and she seemed to love it because it hid her dark circles and wasn't too cakey. I would buy this again if they expanded the shade range.

on 2/13/2015 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I already repurchased this, I use this mainly for highlighting because it's to light to conceal dark circles. I'm NC30 and use this in the light color, I use a little MAC concealer underneath and make upside down triangels with the age rewind concealer to highlight my undereyes. Works great, packaging is alright but I go true these quite fast and I have to drive to another country to buy them because they are not available where I live. Nice for highlighting but not for heavy concealing!

Video Reviews & Tutorials