Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Creme Brulee

3.6

Polybutene, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Tridecyl Trimelitate, Octyldodecanol, Petrolatum, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Neopentyl Glycol Dithylhexanoate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Zinc Ricinoleate, Squalane, Silica, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Synthetic Wax, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Fragrance, BHT, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2 Hexanediol, May Contain:, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Carmine (CI 75470), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410)

on 3/23/2012 9:21:00 AM

I was pleasantly surprised that I liked this. I figured it would be a little too orangey for my liking, but I was suprised to find that it's not orangey at all. Very golden nude in my opinion. Feels like a very moisturizing lipstick. Very cute, happy with this!

on 3/23/2012 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have a golden tan complexion so this color is a nude for me. I think its great for the work day. It is a bit dry and not very long lasting. I plan to continue using it but I don't think I will repurchase. I think I will get the MAC CHAI lip glass which gives me a similar color but is more moisturizing and lasts longer.

on 3/22/2012 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I've always like Revlon products. This lip butter is one of the best ever! It moisterizes my lips just like carmax's lipbalm (my HG). It was about $6 at Wal-mart.The color is perfect, well at least I love it. The shade is nude, but goes on a little shimmer&clear as well. The nude color is not over powering, which I like. I'd def repurchase and try the other colors.

on 3/18/2012 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this at target. I didnt like it as the color was not flattering on me - nc35- it tugged at my lips, it didnt glide On which is something i expect on a crappy drying matte lipstick not a sheer lippy or balm. Revlon lipbutters are not sheer at all on me actually. The color settled in my lip lines and looked all creas-y and made my lips look dry and wrinkled. These 'butters' are not moisturizing at all. I returned this.

on 3/18/2012 5:45:00 AM

Don't let the naysayers dissuade you, Revlon Lip Butters are awesome! You have to appreciate them for what they are. No, they are not as moisturizing as a true lip balm, so they won't cure chapped lips, but they are very creamy and smooth, and shiny, and do not dry my lips out more. But because of the nice slippery and shiny texture, they are not long wearing and need to be reapplied often. They are very pigmented but not as saturated as a dry, matte, long wearing lipstick would be. What they are is a marriage between a shiny balm and full color lipstick, and they come in many beautiful, flattering shades. Revlon is pricy for drugstore, but you can get them on sale frequently and they are well worth their retail value.
Creme Brulee is a beautiful glowing nude, not a "dead lips" nude. It is opaque but can be sheered out. As long as your lips are pigmented enough with warm tones (think AJ's lips), the redness will peek through and the lips will be muted perfectly without looking erased. If this doesn't work for you (or you want more lasting power and definition), then try a neutral lipliner under. It's a perfect color for neutral brown or dark taupe smokey eyes. It's stunning with pinky nude gloss on top, but the sheen from the lipstick is usually enough to make me happy.

This color makes me look dead :( I always have such a hard time finding the perfect nude that doesn't do this. Creme Brulee will not be that HG nude, suffice to say. Oh well...the quest continues!

on 3/7/2012 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I don't usually rave on lip products, but I LOVE these lip butters, and creme brule is my favorite! The color is a perfect nude - not much darker or lighter than my skin tone, but doesn't completey nude out my lips, letting just a hint of the pink of my lips show through so I don't look washed out.
This has a bit of shimmer, which adds a nice sort of dimension to your lips and a glow to your whole face!No need for a gloss over the top. Not only that, you don't need a mirror to apply it since it's practically like a balm. It's so moisturizing, too - I just love everything about this! It is my HG everyday lip product!!

on 3/7/2012 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I originally bought it to wear with a smoky eye look. But even with heavily made up eyes, this colour still makes me look unwell, which is unusual because my lips are quite pigmented. I wore it 3-4 times and was unhappy with it each time I put it on.

Like other Revlon lip butter, the texture is smooth and moisturizing. I think I will have to play with it a bit more, perhaps layering it on top of a bright colour, but not on its own.

I love Revlon lip butter, but won't be purchasing this colour again.

on 3/5/2012 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

Bottom line, these don't add moisture to my lips. They initially feel slick when they go on however as it wears off it leaves a film that literally dries on my lips leaving them feeling super dry. The staying power is not great, but I kind of expected that. The color pay off was also not that great but again this product is not supposed to be like "pow" lipstick. I think if I had to choose a drugstore lip butter type product, this one beats the L'Oreal Color Riche Balms.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

First of all, I LOVE these lip butters. They make my lips feel soooo soft and smooth, and I really like the color payoff you get from these, while they still feel like a balm. AMAZING product. As for this particular shade, Creme Brulee, I really like it. It's a nice neutral nude color, it doesn't really look like the pictures shown here, it's not quite that shimmery on me, it's a little bit more matte. I don't think this is my favorite shade of the ones I've tried, but for those days when you just want "my lips but better" and don't want to go all out, this is a great choice.

Recommended for Medium Skin