December 21, 2014 | 843 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Creme Brulee

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2012 6:11:00 AM More reviews by ocelot1

I bought this at target. I didnt like it as the color was not flattering on me - nc35- it tugged at my lips, it didnt glide On which is something i expect on a crappy drying matte lipstick not a sheer lippy or balm. Revlon lipbutters are not sheer at all on me actually. The color settled in my lip lines and looked all creas-y and made my lips look dry and wrinkled. These 'butters' are not moisturizing at all. I returned this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 5:45:00 AM More reviews by missnewname

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Don't let the naysayers dissuade you, Revlon Lip Butters are awesome! You have to appreciate them for what they are. No, they are not as moisturizing as a true lip balm, so they won't cure chapped lips, but they are very creamy and smooth, and shiny, and do not dry my lips out more. But because of the nice slippery and shiny texture, they are not long wearing and need to be reapplied often. They are very pigmented but not as saturated as a dry, matte, long wearing lipstick would be. What they are is a marriage between a shiny balm and full color lipstick, and they come in many beautiful, flattering shades. Revlon is pricy for drugstore, but you can get them on sale frequently and they are well worth their retail value.
Creme Brulee is a beautiful glowing nude, not a "dead lips" nude. It is opaque but can be sheered out. As long as your lips are pigmented enough with warm tones (think AJ's lips), the redness will peek through and the lips will be muted perfectly without looking erased. If this doesn't work for you (or you want more lasting power and definition), then try a neutral lipliner under. It's a perfect color for neutral brown or dark taupe smokey eyes. It's stunning with pinky nude gloss on top, but the sheen from the lipstick is usually enough to make me happy.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by skelterhelter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This color makes me look dead :( I always have such a hard time finding the perfect nude that doesn't do this. Creme Brulee will not be that HG nude, suffice to say. Oh well...the quest continues!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by EvilyKyoko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't usually rave on lip products, but I LOVE these lip butters, and creme brule is my favorite! The color is a perfect nude - not much darker or lighter than my skin tone, but doesn't completey nude out my lips, letting just a hint of the pink of my lips show through so I don't look washed out.
This has a bit of shimmer, which adds a nice sort of dimension to your lips and a glow to your whole face!No need for a gloss over the top. Not only that, you don't need a mirror to apply it since it's practically like a balm. It's so moisturizing, too - I just love everything about this! It is my HG everyday lip product!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by hkempler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I originally bought it to wear with a smoky eye look. But even with heavily made up eyes, this colour still makes me look unwell, which is unusual because my lips are quite pigmented. I wore it 3-4 times and was unhappy with it each time I put it on.

Like other Revlon lip butter, the texture is smooth and moisturizing. I think I will have to play with it a bit more, perhaps layering it on top of a bright colour, but not on its own.

I love Revlon lip butter, but won't be purchasing this colour again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by habakuktwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bottom line, these don't add moisture to my lips. They initially feel slick when they go on however as it wears off it leaves a film that literally dries on my lips leaving them feeling super dry. The staying power is not great, but I kind of expected that. The color pay off was also not that great but again this product is not supposed to be like "pow" lipstick. I think if I had to choose a drugstore lip butter type product, this one beats the L'Oreal Color Riche Balms.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by shootingstar81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

First of all, I LOVE these lip butters. They make my lips feel soooo soft and smooth, and I really like the color payoff you get from these, while they still feel like a balm. AMAZING product. As for this particular shade, Creme Brulee, I really like it. It's a nice neutral nude color, it doesn't really look like the pictures shown here, it's not quite that shimmery on me, it's a little bit more matte. I don't think this is my favorite shade of the ones I've tried, but for those days when you just want "my lips but better" and don't want to go all out, this is a great choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by terezaaah

I been having this product for 2 months, the first time I gave it a try for skme reason I just didn't like! So today I gave another try and let me tell you, im in love! I was just so blind not to seee how creamy and shiny it looks on me! I really think this suits anybody! The color and pigmentation is so perfect and smooth! In love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by nearyroth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have found that perfect nude. The one I have been searching for for years. This Lip Butter is perfect, no too sparkly, gritty, sheer or anything. I have a Revlon Lip Butter(peach Parait) that is super gritty. But this is smooth and perfect. Now, my lips are SUPER pigmented and most nudes make me look dead. In this my lips are soo pretty. I love this so much and this is my favorite Revlon Lip Butter. Will totally repurchase! Cute packaging!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

This review is NOT based on the quality of the Revlon Lip Butter, but rather for the colour Creme Brulee.
A youtube "guru"(michele1218) I followed was wearing Creme Brulee in one of her videos and I just wanted to reach through the screen on my computer and slap that colour off her lips.
This colour had my least interest in the whole entire collection, all thanks to michele1218, I thought if it was going to make someone that beautiful look that bad, it simply was not the colour for me.
All in all I still purchased it because I had 19/20 of the lip butter already and it's just that impulse to get the last of the collection that pushed me to buy it, I'm sure other junkies know what I'm talking about!
Anyway, this colour pleased me the most! Absolutely amazing peachy pale nude, and yes it is one of the sheerer one's in the collection.
I have very pigmented and full lips, soo most of the time it's a bit difficult for me to pull off a pale nude without looking washed out.