April 18, 2014 | 1810 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Creme Brulee

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by shootingstar81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

First of all, I LOVE these lip butters. They make my lips feel soooo soft and smooth, and I really like the color payoff you get from these, while they still feel like a balm. AMAZING product. As for this particular shade, Creme Brulee, I really like it. It's a nice neutral nude color, it doesn't really look like the pictures shown here, it's not quite that shimmery on me, it's a little bit more matte. I don't think this is my favorite shade of the ones I've tried, but for those days when you just want "my lips but better" and don't want to go all out, this is a great choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by terezaaah

I been having this product for 2 months, the first time I gave it a try for skme reason I just didn't like! So today I gave another try and let me tell you, im in love! I was just so blind not to seee how creamy and shiny it looks on me! I really think this suits anybody! The color and pigmentation is so perfect and smooth! In love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by nearyroth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have found that perfect nude. The one I have been searching for for years. This Lip Butter is perfect, no too sparkly, gritty, sheer or anything. I have a Revlon Lip Butter(peach Parait) that is super gritty. But this is smooth and perfect. Now, my lips are SUPER pigmented and most nudes make me look dead. In this my lips are soo pretty. I love this so much and this is my favorite Revlon Lip Butter. Will totally repurchase! Cute packaging!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

This review is NOT based on the quality of the Revlon Lip Butter, but rather for the colour Creme Brulee.
A youtube "guru"(michele1218) I followed was wearing Creme Brulee in one of her videos and I just wanted to reach through the screen on my computer and slap that colour off her lips.
This colour had my least interest in the whole entire collection, all thanks to michele1218, I thought if it was going to make someone that beautiful look that bad, it simply was not the colour for me.
All in all I still purchased it because I had 19/20 of the lip butter already and it's just that impulse to get the last of the collection that pushed me to buy it, I'm sure other junkies know what I'm talking about!
Anyway, this colour pleased me the most! Absolutely amazing peachy pale nude, and yes it is one of the sheerer one's in the collection.
I have very pigmented and full lips, soo most of the time it's a bit difficult for me to pull off a pale nude without looking washed out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Janet72285

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been searching for a wearable nude for a long time. I finally found "the one" for me. Its not too pale, too matte, too frosty or a weird tone. Its perfect. I realize alot of people have a hard time with this one but I figured why not? Maybe since it doesnt work for them itll work for me. Im glad I gave it a try. Now I can do my dramatic eyes and not look overdone. :-)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My favorite lipstick and color ever! I just wish the color lasted. I doesn't last more than a half hour on me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've never been a huge fan of nude lipsticks, and I don't think any of them look particularly flattering on anyone, but a teenager. I purchased this color based on a pretty persuasive review, but I am not impressed. This lip butter provides a small amount of color. Just enough sheen to feel like you are wearing a lip balm. If you apply too much, the color will settle in your lower lips, which looks really weird. I will put this lip butter in the top of my desk drawer, and use it when I need some lip conditioning and I do not have a mirror. I won't buy this color again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by carolmuncy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I guess I am one of the lucky ones that this tone worked for me. I have light/medium neutral (leaning warm) skin tone. If it had more pigmentation I may change my mind, but I find that it is a good go-to for my "me but better" days.

The formulation is fabulous! It definitely fits the bill, because I am one of those who always have something on my lips. It is moisturizing and creamy and really does feel like a nice lip balm.

All that being said, I am not sure that I would definitely purchase this color again. It has a little sparkle, which I don't like in a lip stick. I even prefer just shine not obvious sparkle in my glosses. And for over $7, I can get the same look for less.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by minimad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Creme Brulee, like so many nudes, is a difficult color to wear. I have fair skin with yellow undertones, so while this doesn't wash me out, it certainly doesn't give my face a pop of color. I do want to make it work, so I topped it with ELF's Fairy lip gloss. I can tell you CB + Fairy is very workable. Just that added sheen makes a difference. I really enjoyed the results and plan to continue to use both products together. While I wouldn't repurchase Creme Brulee, I might purchase other lip butters (I currently also have Berry Smoothie).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

If I wear Creme Brulee alone, it totally washes me out, but I really like to wear it over MAC's Hug Me lipstick for a perfect nude lip. I love the formulation of Revlon lip butters and find them highly addictive!