Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

on 3/22/2013 10:14:00 PM

Very pretty pink-brown color (on me, it is almost red). Feels the same when applied as the rest of the LipButters. PF, however, looks less sheer/sparkly in color.

on 3/21/2013 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

NOTE: The only reason I won't be repurchasing is because I seldom wear makeup and I've already bought three different Lip Butters. I've compared them to the Maybelline Color Whisper lipsticks and prefer Maybelline's formula a little bit more, however I do like the shades/colors that the Lip Butters have to offer more so than the Color Whispers.
This is nice if you're just transitioning into wearing lipsticks, but it's definitely not for long-term wear throughout the day. I find myself having to reapply very often, but I do mess with my lips a lot when I know there's something there, so it'll probably be different for someone who's used to wearing makeup. It's not too heavy, but I think it's noticable when you're wearing it, especially if you apply a thick layer. It's not very moisturizing, and in fact I feel like it makes my lips drier after wearing. The price isn't bad for a drug store product, but at about $7 a tube, it's a bit expensive for me because I'm on a budget. This color is a very brown-toned pink, it's neutral and seems to suit a long range of skin tones. I have olive skin and I think it turns out looking a little too brown on me, so it's not my favorite or go-to color when it comes to lipstick, but it's still very nice. I might change my mind about it when I'm able to get some sun, though!

on 3/14/2013 6:15:00 PM

Got this on ebay so it was so reasonable....waiting to see if it changes color on me. So far I am loving it. I've been looking for a dupe for my beloved mac lust lipglass which I have worn for years....this looks pretty close and if it's a wee bit moisturizing thats a huge plus. I'll come back after I've had a chance to experience it for a week or so, but for now I'm loving it.

on 3/13/2013 12:33:00 PM

I normally wouldn't write a review of a product that I'm so blah about. But there are so many great reviews for this that I feel it would be useful to add my views. In my mind, this lipstick is absolutely nothing special. I do NOT understand the hype. The texture is nice (like all of the Revlon lip butters) and I really appreciate that there is no shimmer or glitter. However, the colour is neither here nor there. And I don't mean it's a fabulous neutral - no, I mean that it's kind of pink, kind of brown, but overall kind of blah. It actually reminds me of some of the 1990s brownish lipsticks. It's not hideous, but when I put it on I feel it does nothing to liven up my face. It's just meh. Also, I find that this smears really easily and smudges past my lip lines. For a lip butter (ie a product that's supposed to be easy to wear) I don't think I should have to use lip liner or lip primer to keep this from sliding around.

Honestly, there are MUCH better neutrals out there. I really think this is an overhyped product.

on 3/13/2013 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I decide to give it a try after reading so many good reviews here and I have to say I am glad I did.

The quality of this stays on par with other lip butters I have. What truly stands out is it's color. It is a great MLBB color and I can see myself wearing it everyday.

on 3/7/2013 7:58:00 PM

I love this and all the other lip butters. This turned out to be a great MLBB shade. Right smack between lipstick and lip balm.
The Revlon Lip Butters are. Perfect marriage.

on 3/7/2013 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is most certainly my favourite lip butter, the texture on the lips is wonderful, not too slippery and not drying at all. The colour is a very easy to wear MLBB shade and is suitable for any eye look. And the packaging is adorable to boot! Do not under estimate the versatility of a great MLBB shade to have in your collection!

on 3/6/2013 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is an amazing color and an amazing lip butter. It has such a smooth and soft application and it has a creamy finish, not shiny or glassy. I have other revlon lip butters in other colors, but this one looks best on me. I have medium skin, very dark brown hair and very dark eyes, overall dark features. I have very pigmented lips to begin with, so this comes out as a sort of dusty, mute pink on me, not at all peach like the others have written. I feel that the name description fits very well, its a bit of a browned pink. I've been looking forever for a color like this, very natural! I highly recommend.

on 2/27/2013 10:44:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love love love this product. I wear it almost every day. I'm a pale red head without much pigment to my lips, so I feel naked and washed out without a bit of color. This stuff gives me a perfect rosey nude pout, slightly shiny and shimmery. I love the creamy texture too. Not a huge fan of the packaging as mentioned in my review for tutti frutti, but other than that this product is perfection. I bet this shade would look good on most everybody.

on 2/25/2013 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Where is the pink in Pink Truffle? I was so excited to try it but when I saw the tube the color scared me a little. I still decided to buy it and when I put it on, wow, I had a nice peachy orange-ish color! I do tend to pull peach/orange in alot of lipsticks so I should have known by the tube that this would too. Just couldn't find any pink whatsoever. I also found it to be creamy when first applied but dries up my lips big time. I'll keep it in case I need it for some outfit but I won't repurchase.

Recommended for Medium Skin