October 24, 2014 | 1729 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Gel Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2013 7:44:00 AM More reviews by waasp

I've been using this for around two months now and the formula is great as ever, it hasn't dried out or anything and there's still heaps left. I have really oily eyelids, like y'all don't even know, so of course this doesn't stay on for me all day, not even with the too faced eye shadow primer. It's wet so I have to set it with eyeshadow or powder before and after I apply it but overall for the price and compared to other products that are triple it's price, it performs better in my opinion. So don't expect miracles if you have really oily eyelids (like me) and it'll start smudging around the third hour mark and give you panda eyes on a really hot Australian day but it's wearable on an every day basis.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 7:02:00 AM More reviews by winterfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've always avoided eyeliners because I'm not able to put it properly. Midnight in Paris was on sale so I decided to buy it for a silly price. Wow - even without a proper brush, I managed to achieve wonderful line that stayed and stayed for hours. Midnight in Paris is really black and I'm longing to try the brown one, but I can't find it anywhere :( Amazing thing, would definitely buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Sabsumaiya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow!! I'm so glad to see the good reviews for this, because it deserves it! For the price it is seriously amazing!! SOOO black! I bought a $3 brush from an art store to apply, and it applies amazingly. I have yet to master the art of perfect looking eye liner though, but obviously this isn't to blame for my lack of skill. It's really creamy, and just applies so beautifully. It is the first gel liner I've bought, but I've tried the Maybelline one, and it is nowhere near as creamy or black. And I feel absolutely no need or temptation to buy the Bobbi Brown or Mac one, especially not at ridiculous Australian retain prices. The fact that this isn't overpriced is such a bonus, because even brands like Maybelline and Covergirl are overpriced in Australia (compared to US prices), so I'm impressed that Essence has been able to maintain reasonable prices here. Recommend this 100%.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Why oh why did i ever paid more that 3,99$ for a gel eyeliner??
This by FAR the best i've used. And I was a big fan of the MAC one.
Now this is a long wear eyeliner. I mean from 6 am to 10pm. No smudges, no fading, no nothing. I am an eyeliner girl, it's part of my everyday makeup routine. I prefer gels than pencils although you have to master the angled brush (and buy a good one, like MAC)
The winning recipe for a perfect cat-eye is gel + brush.
Anyway the texture of this gel is much more watery than MAC's. Do not plunge the brush into it, you will end up having to wipe most of it before continuing.
It dries quickly so if you made a mistake, do correct it ASAP otherwise, you might have to remove everything and start over.

But really, this is HG.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by blueista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my new HG baby! I have super oily eyelids (it takes 4-5 full oil blotting films per day for my face) and had real big trouble after my skinfood choco eyeline jam was discontinued. I knew I need to find a substitutable one that has good staying power, don't smudge easily, and not too expensive. Then I came across many positive reviews of this essence gel eyeliner and decided to buy one in '01 : midnight in paris'. It is really everything I want :) better staying power than my old liner, and can easily wipe out with creamy remover. It does smudge only a little after my afternoon nap, which is acceptable since I drew inner lines also. Dirt cheap like about $5 in my country. Overall this one is highly recommended!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 8:08:00 AM More reviews by FairlyVanilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

WOW. Hands down the BEST gel liner I have EVER used. I am a huge fan of M.A.C., and their gel liner is good -- I've used Make Up Forever's gel liner, Sephora, and e.l.f. All of those are meant to be completely waterproof, but they are not really. Especially the MUF. Anyway -- for $3.99, you get a ton of product, and Essence's gel is a lovely consistency, soft and smooth, and glides on effortlessly. So far I've only been able to get this in black, but it is a gorgeous black, very dark and pitch black. Doesn't smear or budge at all, but still removes fairly easily with waterproof eye make up remover. (I use Sephora's waterproof eye make up remover). Would definitely recommend and repurchase! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 9:39:00 AM More reviews by SonnyCat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried this in Midnight in Paris after reading all the good reviews. I love eyeliner, but I hate the messy, smudgy, end of the day look. I also hate the faded look. This was beautiful. It was easy to apply with my Quo precision liner brush. The black color really did stay all day on my upper lash line without fading or smudging. I used it for several days with the UD lid primer and it was perfect. (My lids can get pretty oily).

I will say, however, that it did smudge a bit one day when I did not use the primer (I noticed that at bedtime, and I think I had been rubbing my eyes.). I also tried tightlining my upper lash line only and had some transfer to my lower waterline over the course of the day. Even so, it is the most pigmented, longest lasting liner I have tried, and it is so cheap. As soon as I get a chance, I will be trying the other colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 7:34:00 AM More reviews by roroki

It's black, it's creamy, it's easy to use, it stays put, it's great.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by KeepFlyyingGirlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I, among everyone else, will also have to agree that this is an awesome gel eyeliner. I have Midnight in Paris, and with this being my first gel eyeliner, I have to say that I am more than pleased with the results. It is a solid black that dries down semi-matte, is completely affordable, and stays put. I actually use this over top of a liquid liner if it is somewhat sheer in certain spots (I've always been privy to the art of liquid liner, but sometimes liquid liner can be a finicky product), but that by no means insinuates that this product can't hold for itself. I've done intricate liner looks with this and it really doesn't budge (although if you're sweating a lot or have somewhat greasy eyelids, you may encounter a little bit of lid transfer). It also makes a great base for darker shadows that come up a bit sheer on their own. If you have any duochrome glitter eyeshadows, they look nothing short of amazing over top of this liner. Since purchasing Midnight in Paris, I have tried out other gel liners, and none of them seem to rival this product in intensity and longevity for such a minuscule price. I highly recommend and will likely be repurchasing again soon, as I've been using it so often!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by dropdeadlovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this for like $3-$4 at Ulta! I prefer this over maybellines. The liner goes on smooth and sets not too quickly but not too slowly either. The black is extremely black and applies so nicely! Packaging is average. Wish they still carried this at my ulta

I also got the purple one its nice too but i wish it was a little bit more intense