Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Red Velvet

4.3

on 11/16/2011 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

LOVE THIS RED!!! As others have mentioned, this is the perfect red lip as it's subtle enough to wear everyday, yet packs enough punch that I have no problem calling this an actual lipstick. But I stop there, because this (and the entire line) is so much better than regular lipstick! They are very hydrating, have absolutely no smell or taste, and offer a silky sheen. Perfection! I sluggishly walked into my local CVS today thinking they would be nowhere in sight as others have mentioned that they were pretty hard to find, but there they were, glaring me right in the face with all of their lip-luscious glory. I got 6 of them, and Red Velvet has got to be my favorite. I can't wait to try more! If you've been curious about trying red or a bolder lipstick but don't want something too over the top, your search ends here. It's a deeper red, more of a blue based red so it compliments my cool toned skin.

on 11/16/2011 3:41:00 PM

This is the most amazing red ever! Actually, the most amazing product. It's highly pigmented, moisturizing and long lasting. It doesn't leave an unappealing stain when it does wear off, but rather a subtle color. I can't imagine this shade looking bad on anyone! I've already picked up a second and am on a hunt for a third tube. SO glad that this will be part of Revlon's core line!

on 11/14/2011 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

My favorite red lip product ever!!!! And for reference, between lipsticks and glosses, I can probably create about 50 different shades of red lips. It was super love at first application....I couldn't believe how much I loved this color :) This is also my favorite of the lip butters, followed closely by Pink Truffle. I have already repurchased...I bought one to keep at home and one for my purse. This is a very classy looking red!

on 11/13/2011 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I finally saw a display for the Revlon Lip Butters at my local grocery and decided to pick one up. I purchased the shade Red Velvet because I have been searching for a nice dark fall/winter color. I have very fair skin and darker shades tend to look very harsh. Not Red Velvet! It is very pigmented but not dark enough that I look like I'm trying to pull off a total vamp look. As for the moisturizing aspect, I feel that is slightly more moisturizing than a regular lipstick but not completely hydrating. I do tend to have drier lips and I like that this product glides over lines, rather than sinking in. That is definitely a plus. I really do like this product and I will be purchasing more once it is a part of their permanent line.

on 11/10/2011 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My favorite color out all the lip butters. It's so pigmented, very moisturizing, long lasting and not a pain to remove. Red Velvet is a dark red. Not too dark though. Wearable fall/winter color and I love it!! I think this color will go with any skin tone. I can't express how much I love this color and this whole line. I have another color and it's in Cupcake (blue based baby pink), and I love that as well. I heard come Jan/Feb 2012 these will be part of Revlon's permanent line. I can't wait to pick up more=)