February 1, 2015 | 1094 users online

Masks - GLAMGLOW - Mud Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by LegitElizabeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was at Sephora a few days ago when I came across a section in the skincare part of Sephora that held their new or most popular face masks. While they all looked interesting for their own reasons, there were two that intrigued me the most: The GLAMGLOW masks. When I spoke to a sales associate, she explained the difference of them with this sentence: "The white mask is deep cleaning, but the other one is super deep cleaning!" So I decided to purchase the mask in the black jar. After all, I knew that if it reacted badly to my skin, I would be able to return it and buy the mask in the white jar.
So Saturday night rolled around, and I decided to give it a shot. I cleansed my face with my MAC Lightful Marine Bright Cleanser, and made sure my face was dry before I began to apply the mask onto my face.
At first, my face did not like this product. My face stung quite a bit, and I contemplated washing it off and calling the idea off. But I decided to stick with it, and I told myself that I would stop if it hurt even more. Luckily, once the mask was applied completely, my skin felt fine. I left the mask on for exactly ten minutes before washing it off. Like the box said, I made circular motions with my hands while rinsing my face to let the mask work to its full potential.
After drying off my face, I was surprised by how soft my skin felt even before I applied moisturizer! My skin is relatively normal and isn't really dry right now, but my skin definitely loved this mask! After I applied my moisturizer, my skin felt even softer. It was a huge yet pleasent surprise! I now plan on making it a part of my skin care routine once a week.
The little bits and pieces of product actually don't bother me all that much. I think they serve a good purpose, and I can tolerate them. The smell isn't pretty, but it's a mud mask for God's sake. Besides, it smells better than the GLAMGLOW mask in the white jar (I smelled it when I was in Sephora).
I think if you have sensitive skin, I would not recommend it because I think it might be too harsh. However, I think those with oily skin would love this product because it really gets all the dirt and gunk out of your skin. Sure it's pricey, but I don't mind one bit! It's definitely my "Holy Grail" face mask.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by branza

I got the small exfoliating sampler at a whopping $19 at Sephora. It worked ok! The tingling was at first extreme and then subsided. The consistency was bizarre due to the presence of leaves or twigs or something in it. It smelled like ... Something. Licorice? Not my fave. I didn't get the crazy good results that some people claim and definitely not anything like the photos you see online, but maybe that's because I do masks a couple times a month. This didn't work any better than the Aztec mud mask I normally use, and for a full size at literally TEN TIMES the cost, it's 100% not worth it for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by jubilee101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The mask itself is probably one of the best masks I've ever used. I have oily dehydrated skin. I've suffered from breakouts over the past few years and have always resorted to using acne products to dry my skin out to no avail. I recently started using more hydrating products and my skin has cleared up with fewer breakouts. This mask has given me noticeable results. I use a thin layer 2x per week and I immediately notice that my skin is more refined, pores are reduced, breakouts have decreased and my skin feels smooth and phenomenal. I love it!
The price is kind of outrageous - but I will continue to buy it based on the results and I can make it last. You don't need to use a lot to cover your face with a thin layer. The important thing is to know not to rub the mask in otherwise the tea leaves will start to rub the mask off. Just smooth a thin layer over your face and it will start to dry quickly. The tingling sensation is probably the most intense that I've experienced in any product I've used, but it doesn't last long and it was bearable for me. I did notice that when the mask is drying you can literally see the gunk coming out of your pores. It's kind of cool.
As for the packaging - seriously who cares if it's cute? If you're spending the money and want to see results just worry about the product and less about how cute you feel holding the box, no? Just keeping it real.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Juliet7781

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this from Sephora. I had been wanting to try this for a long time but could not commit to buying a $69 product only for it to not be effective. It was ok, but to be honest I've tried cheaper products that do just as good of a job. Thank goodness I didn't buy the full size because I would have been disappointed. It does give a somewhat intense tingle but I was ok with it since I've used many exfoliating products in the past. Will not purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Madysen08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I ordered the Super Mud Clearing Treatment off of Amazon which is the way to do it because it's much cheaper. I really love this mask. I try to do it twice a week and if definitely helps pull the gunk out of my face. The first time I used it, it brought all the dirt and crap from my pores out which meant I did have a lot of pimples and white heads but that's what it claims to do is pull out what's in your pores. So I was prepared for that. However, over the course of about 2 weeks of using it and spot treating with it, I noticed a significant improvement in my skin and pore size and far less breakouts. So as long as you prepare yourself for the initial breakout after the first few masks, then you'll fall in love. I think it's worth the money but I also got it for $37 on Amazon.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by crissy234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the small black jar at Sephora and I thought that was still pretty pricey for the amount you get ($19, i think?). I'm beginning to think I'm just not a mask person because I don't think this really did much for my skin except smooth it out a little. I think it smells like black licorice, which I'm not really a fan of, but it didn't bother me much. This has little tea leaves in it which I didn't like at all; I'm not sure if it's suppose to make the mask more effective or what, but for me it just makes it harder to apply to the face because they would roll up and feel like I was rubbing some of the mask off. It was strange. There was also a burning sensation after application; I like it when I can feel a tingling because I always associate that with the product working (probably just a psychological thing), but this burning was pretty intense the first time and I didn't keep it on for the full 10 minutes. I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by hooplehead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried the acne clearing formula (white jar) and it was a mixed bag. My skin reacted pretty strongly to it. The extreme redness dissipated a few minutes after I rinsed the mask off. But my skin was still noticeably red the next morning-like a light sunburn. Not a good sign. However, Glamglow did seem to do a nice job of bringing down the size of my pimples. Based on the reaction, I would not use again as an all-over mask. But I am going to try the rest of the sample out as a spot treatment and see how that works. I could see repurchasing the small jar, maybe.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by 80sglamrock

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My review is for the Clearing Mud Mask in the White jar. The price is ridiculous but this product does work. My skin is usually normal & on the dry side but after coming back from vacation- my skin sort of exploded. I went to Sephora & they gave me a generous sample of the Skin Clearing Mud in the White jar. I was worried because my skin is usually too dry for ANY mask but wanted to see if this could get my skin back to normal, I gave it a shot. It dries pretty quickly, it actually started drying within 1 minute of having it on. I left it on until it was completely dry & after taking it off, I applied my moisturizer. The next morning, my "vacation pimples" all seemed to be dried up already & my skin actually looked more clear & even toned. I didn't really have a problem with it over drying my skin because I immediately put a moisturizer over it (Cerave to be exact) but this seemed to get rid of all the dead skin/gunk on my skin. My face just seemed to look brighter. You can always get a sample from Sephora to test it out too btw.

This would be way too drying to use all the time, but I can see myself using this right before my period to control any breakouts. I would NEVER pay the full price for it but I'm definitely gonna pick this up elsewhere like Amazon, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by jmcoley

This review is for the GlamGlow SuperMud Clearing Treatment mask in the white jar packaging.

First off, the price sucks - this mask is very expensive. At Sephora it is $69 for 1.2 oz of product - BUT here's a hint: buy it on Amazon! I got this mask (1.2 oz) on Amazon for around $35.

As for the mask itself, it really does work. You don't have to use a lot of it. The mask itself is black and dries gray. When the mask is fully dry, you can see the gunk it's pulling out of your pores in the form of little black dots. When you rinse it off, your skin feels supple and clean, and it greatly reduces the appearance of pores and removes blackheads and other gunk from your skin. My skin is very oily, and I probably use this mask once a week. It really does help clean out your pores and improves your skin's surface so makeup goes on smoother. I have large-ish pores on my nose, and after using this mask they look smaller and tightened.

Here's what prompted me to write this review - I have had a milia (oil seed) on my eyelid for over six months that would NOT go away no matter what. It was annoying to look at and even more annoying when applying eyeshadow. On a whim I decided to put a little of this mask on the milia as a spot treatment. After only two treatments with the mask, the milia is gone! I only used a tiny amount of the mask and only directly on the milia itself, and the mask dried the little sucker up. So, for that, I am forever grateful!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 3:32:00 AM More reviews by Nosage

I bought the Little Sexy black jar one. Cost me about £29 from Marks & Spencer - looking online you can get it much cheaper. I had never heard of this so obviously could not research before I bought. As I have sensitive skin I probably would not have purchased due ti the many comments I have seen online about the ouch factor. Because of my fear about causing soreness I set this aside, planning to use on the backs of my hands only. Wrote it off as an expensive whim purchase. Feeling devil may care I decided to give it a go on my face. Once you open the box you are left with a minuscule jar so the packaging is very misleading. The jar is 15ml and according to their box, you get three uses out of it. Because the jar is small it is hard to get the product out of the small opening. A bit of a weird texture, grey with bits. Quite like the aroma, green tea and something else. According to others you get a feeling ranging from a tingle to outright pain on application. I did not experience any sensation whatsoever, and as mentioned before I have sensitive skin. Left it on for the requisite amount of time, and then wash off with warm water using circular movements. The removal is supposed to be the exfoliation stage as there are pumice pieces in the formula. When washed off I did not think that my skin felt any softer (a regular exfoliator is more effective - like Origins Never a Dull Moment) and there was no discernible glow. A bit of an expensive let down. Some reviewers mention that a glow lasts for a couple of days. I waited for something miraculous to happen but it was in vain. Nothing. Although the mask did not make my skin react in application, and was not red on removal, I was aware of the skin on my face for 24 hours, which must be some type of irritation. I exercised and the light sweat on my face made my skin feel uncomfortable. This is not a product I will buy again. I will use the rest on my hands. Don't get the hype on this one.