July 29, 2014 | 1013 users online

Scrubs - GLAMGLOW - Mud Mask

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

The last time I checked the reviews, they were pretty good, and I actually forgot about this. I purchased it quite a while ago, before there were any reviews of it at all. First, I can tell you that it didn't do a blessed thing for my skin, except perhaps irritate it due to the scratchy texture. It also looks weird on--with all of the seaweed hanging off of my face, I looked like a deep sea creature from a horror movie. It is very messy. Not only that, it dried up. I tried to revive it by adding warm water, but the results are so unimpressive I just had to admit I wasted my money and time and I threw it out.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by miranduh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The best $69 I have EVER spent on my skin! I was hesitant, but after hearing glowing reviews (no pun intended!) I had to try a sample at Sephora... and seriously, I was addicted from the start. No mask has EVER done what GlamGlow does for my skin. It literally glows after I rinse it off and apply moisturizer. I look poreless, fine lineless, etc... just amazing. I have oily/combo skin and use Dermalogica products to keep breakouts at bay, but this... this is the ticket to radiant skin. I would much rather spend $69 on a jar of mask I can use many times than $60 for a facial that gives results for a week at best. Buy it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by lulu2222

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This review is for the GlamGlow Super Mud in the white jar. I was so impressed by a newspaper review that I bought the product at Sephora. I applied it to my senior citizen dry thin skin and washed it off after 15 minutes. I did not look radiant - as the jar indicated I would. The product is very very drying. I did not experience any redness or soreness - just dried out forehead and cheek skin. However, I have found a good reason to use it - on the sides of my nose where I have always been bothered by the sight of pores. Every seven days, I apply it only to the sides of my nose, leave it on for 15 minutes, wash it off and dry my nose. The I wrap a facial tissue around one of my fingers and run it over the sides of my nose. Yellow glop comes out on the tissue. My nose then looks like it has no pores. At this rate, the jar will last me a long long time so I did not rate it as expensive.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by ECLion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received this as a sample in a Sephora order and was excited to try it since the mask I had previously been using was almost out. It said for all skin types, so I didn't worry too much about trying it on my dry, sensitive skin. Not a good idea. This burned my skin and left it red and angry after less than 30 seconds on my face. I had a big blistery patch on my cheek the next morning. Sensitive skin beware!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Angeldoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the clearing mask in the white packaging. I have acne prone sensitive, large pores, blackheads and some slight scarring. This mask just dried the heck out of my skin. I used it 7 times within 2 weeks and saw no results just overdried skin and irritated it. I am returning this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Ayashii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Please note this review is for the clearing treatment in the white packaging, as opposed to the original black.

I was intrigued by this product as soon as I saw it. Sure the name and packaging seem very gimmicky, but all the girls at my Sephora were raving about this. I grabbed a sample, and wow. This has been really helping with my monster hormonal acne flare up that has been on and off for about 2 years now. (seriously I've been trying everything!) I've used this as both a full face mask and a spot treatment. I personally find it works better as a mask. I use this at night and when I remove it my bumps have been reduced. When I wake up there is a noticeable difference. There is also a glow to my face. I actually enjoy the eucalyptus smell, it's relaxing. The only downside to this mask? The price! It's $70 Canadian for such a small jar. Because of the amazing effects this has had on my skin though, I will purchase the full size when my sample is finished.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by hisquiggle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This mask did nothing for my skin. I have pretty good skin that's normal-dry and not sensitive but I have decade-old blackheads on my nose and enlarged pores on my cheeks so I was hoping this mask would help those areas. All it did was burn my face and provide some rough exfolation when I washed it off. I used it three times in a couple of weeks, and it didn't improve my skin in the longterm or the short term. My pores weren't tightened, my skin wasn't brighter, but my face did look redder thanks to this mask. Totally overpriced and overhyped. An aspirin mask did more good for my skin than this tub of glorified mud.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by ma263

I wanted to try this mask and really thought about it due to the price. I went to costco and saw it there for $45. I was very excited to try it at home. When I opened the plastic wrap a very strong perfume odor emanated (not horrible but strong). I did not mind the smell and put it on my face as directed. I stayed below the recommended time of 10 minutes. When I removed the mask I was very impressed as it did leave my skin glowing. After about 3 minutes I began to feel my face sort of burning and noticed a rash forming. It grew to smallish welts. I panicked and took two benedryl pills. It should go down by tomorrow but I am very disappointed. It will be returned.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by ashestoamour

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this last year after seeing it on AModelRecommends. I love clay masks, because they help dry out any spots I might have. I liked the tingly feel of the mask and the tightening effect. However, I found that the mask did not do that much for my skin. I felt that it didn't dry out my spots. Additionally, the flakes of seaweed in the mask just fell off, without doing anything. The other thing I didn't like was that the jar didn't close tightly, and so the mask dried out before I could use it all. I felt like this product was a complete waste of money. I have since tried the Serious Skincare Glycolic Gommage, and I much prefer the price, packaging, and results.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by gizmoesmom

Love this mask made my skin super soft refreshed and glowing! Can't say enough but love it!