November 27, 2014 | 1226 users online

Masks - GLAMGLOW - Mud Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by jmcoley

This review is for the GlamGlow SuperMud Clearing Treatment mask in the white jar packaging.

First off, the price sucks - this mask is very expensive. At Sephora it is $69 for 1.2 oz of product - BUT here's a hint: buy it on Amazon! I got this mask (1.2 oz) on Amazon for around $35.

As for the mask itself, it really does work. You don't have to use a lot of it. The mask itself is black and dries gray. When the mask is fully dry, you can see the gunk it's pulling out of your pores in the form of little black dots. When you rinse it off, your skin feels supple and clean, and it greatly reduces the appearance of pores and removes blackheads and other gunk from your skin. My skin is very oily, and I probably use this mask once a week. It really does help clean out your pores and improves your skin's surface so makeup goes on smoother. I have large-ish pores on my nose, and after using this mask they look smaller and tightened.

Here's what prompted me to write this review - I have had a milia (oil seed) on my eyelid for over six months that would NOT go away no matter what. It was annoying to look at and even more annoying when applying eyeshadow. On a whim I decided to put a little of this mask on the milia as a spot treatment. After only two treatments with the mask, the milia is gone! I only used a tiny amount of the mask and only directly on the milia itself, and the mask dried the little sucker up. So, for that, I am forever grateful!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 3:32:00 AM More reviews by Nosage

I bought the Little Sexy black jar one. Cost me about £29 from Marks & Spencer - looking online you can get it much cheaper. I had never heard of this so obviously could not research before I bought. As I have sensitive skin I probably would not have purchased due ti the many comments I have seen online about the ouch factor. Because of my fear about causing soreness I set this aside, planning to use on the backs of my hands only. Wrote it off as an expensive whim purchase. Feeling devil may care I decided to give it a go on my face. Once you open the box you are left with a minuscule jar so the packaging is very misleading. The jar is 15ml and according to their box, you get three uses out of it. Because the jar is small it is hard to get the product out of the small opening. A bit of a weird texture, grey with bits. Quite like the aroma, green tea and something else. According to others you get a feeling ranging from a tingle to outright pain on application. I did not experience any sensation whatsoever, and as mentioned before I have sensitive skin. Left it on for the requisite amount of time, and then wash off with warm water using circular movements. The removal is supposed to be the exfoliation stage as there are pumice pieces in the formula. When washed off I did not think that my skin felt any softer (a regular exfoliator is more effective - like Origins Never a Dull Moment) and there was no discernible glow. A bit of an expensive let down. Some reviewers mention that a glow lasts for a couple of days. I waited for something miraculous to happen but it was in vain. Nothing. Although the mask did not make my skin react in application, and was not red on removal, I was aware of the skin on my face for 24 hours, which must be some type of irritation. I exercised and the light sweat on my face made my skin feel uncomfortable. This is not a product I will buy again. I will use the rest on my hands. Don't get the hype on this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by csquared14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a review for the white jar, their acne-clearing mask. First things first. This is expensive. Really, really expensive. There are a ton of really good masks out there, and it's very likely that this one might not be worth the price for you.

With that out of the way, I have had nothing but really great experiences with this mask. First, the box is GORGEOUS. It's a nice little treat for yourself to open up the box, which is always a nice touch. It is in a jar, but I don't really see how it could be packaged differently. I definitely suggest using a spatula if you are worried about germs transferring. The product definitely looks like it's mud--no pretty, clean white clay masks here. it's grey and fairly thin in consistency, with some things floating in it (unclear to me what they are). It's a little messy to put on, but you only need a thin layer of it. If you have sensitive skin, you need to know that this TINGLES. You will feel it, which is something that I personally like but that I know a lot of other people will probably hate. Immediately after washing it off, my skin feels so soft and just glows. It's awesome. After consistent use once a week for a few months, I have definitely seen it help in drying up breakouts and de-gunking blackheads.

This product worked for me. I can definitely see feeling the other way about it, though, and would highly, highly recommend getting yourself a sample before you commit to the entire thing. But I think that it is absolutely worth a try if your skin is looking a little dull or you are having problems with acne. I am most likely going to repurchase, unless I come across something in the meantime that is cheaper but gives me similar results. I view this as my luxury spa-night type splurge, not necessarily a use-every-other-night, long-haul treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by elmiwalk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought the black mud a month or so ago and I absolutely love it. I have really sensitive skin and am always dealing with active acne. This mask stung like crazy when I first used it, I thought for sure I was having an allergic reaction and was going to wash it off. The burning stung did subside after a few minutes and I haven't experienced it since. After washing it off, my face was the smoothest it has ever been, including after oxygen facials. With using it twice a week over the last month, my breakouts are much much fewer, and my horrible scarring is still visible but is a bit improved. I will buy this again, even though it is horribly over priced. I out it on as thin as I can possibly get it, so when they say you should get at least 18 full masks out of the jar, it really is possible! Love it, and definitely recommend it! If you are able to start with just a sample, that would be a great way to not have to put out he money for a product you may not love as much as I do :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by maysundstrom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is so over hyped. It was good but not great. It really didn't do anything to me more that give my face a good scrub. Very expensive for the amount you get:(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Ouch! Not the mask for me. I tried a sample in the hopes that it would clear up some blocked pores that other mud masks just can't get, but whether it works or not the pain is just not worth it for dry/delicate skin. If you need to tea tree the s**t out of your face, however, this might be a go. Of course, you could just spring for a $6 bottle of generic tea tree oil, but where's the fun - and pumice - in that?

The stinging is unbearable for someone not used to tea tree oil. I can tolerate some relatively high concentrations of salicylic/glycolic/lactic acids, as well as many botanicals, but I just can't take the burn that menthol, camphor, and apparently tea tree oil leave behind.

Not thrilled with the use of fragrance in this. It's way too expensive for that.

I didn't dare scrub it off to remove it - I had no intention of using "circular motions all over my face" as the directions suggested, so I just rinsed it off gently in the shower. I don't have any acne but I can't imagine scrubbing raw, irritated skin with this stuff. It may work for those of you with clear skin that's very oily and cloggy, or for those who just love tea tree oil, but for the rest of us, it might be better to pass on this expensive punishment.

Edit: I ONLY used this as a spot treatment on my chin, definitely not on my whole face. It worked to remove a couple clogs but again, not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by princess2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is EXPENSIVE, but amazing! I have the white and the black. I'll review each separately.

GLAMGLOW Super‑Mud Clearing Treatment (white package). First off the packaging is really nice! It's a steel tub that I plan on using for samples when I travel after I run out. Let's get to the good stuff. This mask has a pore matrix technology to pull impurities from your pores like a vacuum. You know why this mask is amazing? Because it works and you can SEE the results as they are happening! The mask goes on dark gray, then dries green. Where the impurites are pulled out you can see dark green spots. I had a lot of dark green spots on my nose and chin and a few on my forehead. That's where I'm oiliest for sure!

The price is intimidating but you can use it to spot treat and it will last a long time! I had a cystic pimple coming up on my chin. I used this mask on it and it completely dried light green except for the dot right over the pimple! Talk about instant gratification! Knowing something came out of that was amazing! I used it everyday for three days and the cyst never got bigger and went completely away in 3 days! That's unheard of for me. They usually last a week or more!

You only need a thin layer so a little goes a long way.

Now for the GLAMGLOW Tingling & Exfoliating Mud Mask (Black ). I don't like this one as much as the other but it's really close! This one smells minty and is also dark gray with small granules of pumice and tea leaves. You put it on and after 10 minutes wash it off. This mask makes my face softer than anything ever has. I couldn't stop touching my cheeks because they were so smooth! I use this once a week so like the other mask it should last a while. You can buy a sample of this one for $19 at Sephora. I hate to compare it to the white tub since they do different things so I will say this is the best exfoliating mask I've ever used, while the white is the best for clearing up blemishes and pore cleaning.

I don't regret the purchases at all and would definitely buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by beautifulthings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got the black one in sampler tube. I feel somewhat drawn to it as it feels so deeply cleansing, but also a little bit perturbed by how scratchy it is to take off with all the bits of pumice (I think) in it. I'm not even sure that my skin looks much different than from using a normal clay mask or even an exfoliator followed by mask combo. And definitely not as good as when I do a mask then add a dose of Origins Drink Up Overnight mask. It's good, but not that good.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by jennamackenzie

Absolutely loved this product! Bought something from Sephora and got a free sample of this too. After I used this my skin felt amazing and I literally looked like I was glowing. Love, love, love this product. I would definitley recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by canadabanada

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is for the one in the black jar. I love this stuff. First time I used it it tingled an alarming amount but I left it on. We great results. I've used it about 8 times now and love love it. It clears the pores so well. Makes my skin feel great for a few days afterwards too. It's pricey but damn I love it. I think it's cheaper than a facial at the spa once a week and this makes your skin feel like you had a high end facial
I leave it on 5-10 minutes and exfoliate it off gently.
Update - I am down to about 3-4 uses in my jar and it really dries out. I even had left the seal on under the lid. A tube would be much better for this product.