October 26, 2014 | 1061 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by rere111

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great lip product. I have tried a few shades but always return to my 'pink truffle'. I think I am on my 4th tube of it! It's very moisturizing and the shade isn't too harsh- just the right amount of shine and color!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by dmc33003

I love these. I bought cotton candy. Its a very pale pink but not to pale where it makes u looks dead. In cotton candy there is a little but of shimmer. Which is perfect for my age. They are very moisturizing which i love. On my lips i feel like they leave a little bit of a stain as well which isnt a bad thing in my opinion. Would definetely buy again

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by RANTRIMEIDIA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this product

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Nitala

Revlon lip butters are my HG lip product.

I have very sensitive skin and for some reason most lipsticks and lip balms make my lips peel and it feels raw and sore for a day or two. :( This goes for drugstore AND high-end brands. I've pretty much worn only Vaseline for years, with maybe an odd lip balm or two for colour but not very often.

While I tend to avoid buying lip products, I gave this one a try during a sale. I was AMAZED that this didn't cause me any problems! I can finally wear some colour on my lips! :D My first lip butter was Raspberry Pie. It glides on smoothly and doesn't feel drying at all and the colour is sheer, but can be built up.

My ONLY problem is that the staying power is maybe around 3-4 hours (for me, anyway). But otherwise, this is an amazing product that I will buy again and again. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

okay this is weird.
I have most of the colors from this collection and feel that even though I do enjoy several shades, I'm not amazed at the performance of these overall.
first, they tend to bleed and spply unevenly because they are so buttery. this also means lasting time is an hour tops before I have to reapply. but when I do, the ptoduct dries up my lips and I get flakes. yuck.
the nude color creme brulee is actually pretty opaque, and I enjoy tutti fruitti and candy apple. the rest, the light pinks, won't do much to astound.
now I'm just thinking of a way to use then up or get rid of them but can only bring myself to store them as backup in my purses to layer over lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by NatureLover106

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I ADORE Revlon's Just Bitten line, so I thought I'd give these a shot as well. They feel like a cross between a lipstick and a lip balm. They last longer than a lip gloss but less than a lipstick or stain; I usually reapply every few hours, and definitely after eating.

Pros:
-heavenly vanilla scent
-packaging and feel seem more high end (much better overall first impression than, say, Wet 'n' Wild)
-applies like butter (as the name suggests), but not in an overly greasy way... very smooth and will not dry out over time, although I've never had a problem with dry lips
-color: I can only attest to Peach Parfait, but it's a gorgeous medium-dark pink with a hint of shimmer; very close to my actual lip color

Cons:
-again, I'm not blown away with the staying power
-I paid $8 which is pretty steep for a drugstore lip product

Other than that, I really enjoy this in Peach Parfait, even though I wish it wasn't so close to my natural lip color, as I was looking for more of a coloring balm and less of a nude one. However I enjoy pulling this out and applying it, because the packaging just makes me feel like a 20th century Parisian woman. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by rose313

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My friend told me I HAD to try this. I got a coral color. Looks okay, a little dry. Does not feel like butter, not as smooth as you'd expect hearing the name. Not shiny, but I'm not a big fan of shiny anyway...I'm sure a gloss would look great over it if needed. It was fine, just wasn't as great as my expectations.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Pinnate

I bought the shade Pink Truffle. It was priced at about £8. It was the perfect natural colour for my lips but unfortunately it went a bit grainy and has a horrible consistency that lasts about an hour. After that it's like it was never there. Reapplication only makes it worse. There's so little product in the tube and it wears down really fast because it's so soft. It also wore down wonky (my fault!) After hearing so many rave reviews I was let down by the lip butters.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by chemistryfordummies

I have mixed feeling about this product. I have four shades: Lollipop, Sweet Tart, Strawberry Shortcake, and Tutti Frutti. While these colors have nice pigmentation and apply very smoothly, I feel like they apply TOO smooth. Meaning, they are very slippery. Without a lip balm, I still feel like it's hard to control the application of this on my lips. It doesn't apply evenly. Yet I find myself eyeing the display all the time. I usually pass because I feel that there are better lip products out there with similar colors. and it retails for close to $10 in my drugstores. I might as well buy a high end lipstick that is better quality. When my four tubes run out, I will not repurchase any of them. I guess I bought more in the hopes that they would blow me away. Let's just say, I am disappointed in these. Especially with all the hype that comes along with it. I was expecting a miracle, not an uneven mess of greasy lip color. Pass on this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Xaephan

I have mixed feelings about this product--a lot of the pinker/lighter colours don't show up on my lips at all, but the darker/redder ones look and feel amazing. I have this in 5 colours; in increasing darkness, I have Sugar Frosting, Cotton Candy, Strawberry Shortcake (all three are lightish pink), Raspberry Pie, and Fig Jam. Out of the five, I regret purchasing three of them. Sugar Frosting and Cotton Candy look very similar applied even on white paper, and the first 3 look pretty much the same on my lips. Out of the 3 lighter ones, I'd go for Strawberry Shortcake, which is a nice, a bit sheer, warm pink. Sugar Frosting is too shimmery for my tastes, and Cotton Candy is too light. Raspberry Pie is a darker red colour, while Fig Jam is similar but a bit more brown. Both look about the same applied, though--I'd say to go for one of the two, not both.

People have said this product is moisturizing...I wouldn't exactly say that, but more "not drying". You can't use this in place of a lip balm, but you can wear it on its own without problems. Lasts well enough and is easy to use, a great product overall.