August 1, 2014 | 1785 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup (2011 Formulation)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 4:15:00 AM More reviews by zin814

It's a great product from Dior that I like other than the J'adore perfume. I was expecting something to help my skin become flawless and Dior Forever nearly reach my expectation. This is the best foundation I've used, it help my skin more radiant, cover the dark spots, acne pretty well. I don't need to use concealer after applying this foundation. Just one thing I need to complain is the caky feeling if u apply it too much, It will make ur face looks heavier and older if u overuse it. After all, I still love this product and would repurchase it when the current one runs out.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by emmaallan

Long lasting and great coverage. Coverage is very buildable, small amount of product provides great sheer/ medium coverage and this foundation is buildable to full coverage without cakeing. I used this product whilst in Asia and this foundation had great staying power in the humidity. I didnt have any problems with dry patches but my tzone needed the odd touch up in the humidity not bad considering i didnt use any primer. No skin reactions to this product either and the colour selections provide different base shades so makes it easier to find the perfect match! Packaging is very up market and the price is on the higher end but overall a great foundation. You will get your money's worth if you are looking for staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by pkkatalina

NW20 here. Using 010 in Dior which isn't too pink. I wandered into Sephora and looked at a few things and came across this Dior foundation. Never have tried a Dior product before, but the S.A. applied the foundation on me and it was immediately apparent that it left a beautiful finish. It does seem to dry quickly once applied, but it lasts all day with a mere touch up of powder later if needed. Sometimes I leave it as is, or use a mineral powder to top it off.

My skin tends to show oil about mid-day. I do need to have a fair amount of moisturizer on before I use this foundation, due to mature skin. I don't have perfect skin, but this really gives a classy, airbrushed appearance. In my 50s, I need all the help I can get. This will be a repurchase for me.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by oooHUNTRESSooo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am very happy I didn't buy this foundation. I expected it to be wonderful, but got an average formula that does not nearly deserve its price.
It's full of alcohol so it looks dry once applied and as the day goes on, it keeps looking even more dry, but also more oily. It sounds strange, but my skin is very oily and dehydrated so this foundation doesn't mattify enough and makes my dehydration even worse.
The shade selection seems to be nice. I was matched to 020, which is a light neutral and although I am slightly yellow, this colour melted into my skin seamlessly. The coverage is somewhere around medium, depending on how you apply it. Fingers achieve lighter coverage, and a dense synthetic kabuki makes it a bit more opaque. But this is nowhere near e.g. revlon colorstay or estee lauder double wear.
It feels light on the skin and it didn't make me break out. Also, it didn't melt off my face. If it didn't have so much alcohol, it would be a wonderful choice for normal to oily skin. But this way, I don't recommend it to anyone.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by CrisAlex

The coverage is great and it feels flawless. However, this foundation has a reddish tint to it that is so unnatural looking. That being said, it seems that this foundation is geared towards those with cooler complexions rather than for those with warmer tones. I'm warming this up with my MAC powder, but once it runs out, I will not be repurchasing.

For reference I am C40 and was matched with Diorskin 040.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by diabolicrouge

A truly lovely foundation, especially for combo/oily ladies that have problems with makeup wearing off during the day. Alcohol is the third ingredient on the list, which may be potentially irritating for certain skin types. This could've been HG material for me, if not for the fact that I could not find a match! I have quite fair skin with olive and yellow undertones (MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15 is a near perfect match), and 010 seemed to be a beautiful match, until the color dried down and it became too pink and dark. I would say it oxidized about 1 and a half shades darker in a few minutes. I also tried the 021, geared towards skin in the light medium range with yellow undertones, and it looked orange on my skin. However, after the initial oxidation as it dried on my skin, it did not further oxidize during the day.

Ignoring the bad color match, I gave it four stars because the texture is truly phenomenal. It has a gel-like liquid texture, isn't thick, and has quite a bit of "stretch" to it so little product is needed to get good coverage. It dried down to a smooth, satin matte finish, but didn't feel uncomfortable or heavy like traditional long-wearing foundations (i.e. Double Wear, Colorstay). It also lasted most of the day for me, when set with loose powder. It was quite amazing for someone with oily skin like me. I rarely felt like I needed to blot, but when I did, there was very little transfer. If you can find a perfect color match, I would absolutely recommend this foundation for a longwearing, yet satiny finish! But because of the fact that the shades were either too pink or too yellow for me, I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by emilyarmstrong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

HG foundation, I have been using this foundation for almost a year and it is absolutely perfect for my combo/oily skin. Feels and looks like I am not wearing makeup and keeps the oilies at bay all day. If I am feeling in need for a little extra glow I will mix it with my Dr. Jart BB Cream. Color 22 matches like a charm on my neutral skin (22 goes more to the pink side).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Becky2009

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After a lot of testing of different foundations, I think this might be the best I have ever tried. Its benefits are:

(1) Shade range - it has four options in every "depth"!, ie a beige, a yellow-based, a pink-based, and a peach! I am a true neutral and I really struggle to find foundations that aren't either yellow or pink-based. But the 020 colour is perfect for me - like really perfect, perfecter than anything else I've ever tried.

Not sure how great the range is at the darker levels though.

(2) Wear - it lasts all day, truly. The wear is comparable to Lancome Teint Idole, which I also think is a good foundation, but the shade match isn't as good for me and also the finish is nicer in the Dior (see below).

(3) Finish - it gives a very subtle glow, which is unusual in a long-wear foundation. It's not quite as "glowy" as some, eg Teint Miracle or Armani Luminous Silk, but I wouldn't really call it matte either - it just looks like healthy skin.

(4) Coverage - Other reviewers say this is medium coverage, but I would say it's more on the light side. Or perhaps I just don't use as much - I generally use one pump to cover my face. Anyway, it covers light acne scarring but for newer scars or actual pimples I need a tiny dab of concealer too. It is perfect for me - unless I"m having a bad time usually all I have to cover is light acne scars, and I don't like wearing more foundation than I really need.

This gets a 10/10 from me. I haven't had any issues with sensitivity or irritation, but then I rarely do with makeup.

The one thing to watch out for is that if your skin is dehydrated or flakey, this foundation can look quite bad. It is really important to moisturise well first. I used to just use sunscreen under makeup, but I've started adding a few drops of rosehip oil first for extra hydration and it makes a big difference to how my foundation looks. Maybe that is obvious to others but it was a revelation to me!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by myblackdog

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the Dior Forever Flawless Perfection in 023, a sort of yellow/peach color, the closest to my skin tone.{ not -the color was not to be found -except in a tester - at a couple of stores for some reason] Color is not exact but blends nicely.

I had been using mineral makeup - which I do like - but wanted to try a liquid to cover uneven and discolored areas more easily. I got a small sample to try, enough for about 4 days, then purchased a bottle.
I am pretty sure this will be one of those rare makeup buys that actually gets used up.

At 65, I have large pores and still a little oily skin at times, and some products cause breakouts. My skin under my eyes and on cheeks is dry - I do use an eye cream and am careful not to overdo makeup.

I use the DIOR Forever over a primer (RMK) or sunscreen[one of Neutrogena's or Cetaphil's new one]. However, it claims an SPF of 25 by itself - another plus.

Conclusion_ on me it finishes my skin nicely, Feels good, Stays on ( this was not a high-humidity warm weather test tho'), and provides a soft matte finish, not dewy,not cakey. It was easy to apply blush over this as well. Don't know if it would take, say, a day of skiing, or extreme and sweaty outdoor activity but it goes through a normal day just fine.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by iAmMollyyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just briefly my skin is combination (oily t-zone but some times a flaky/dry nose) I do have very awkward skin colour to match, i've been told this everytime i have been to get a new foundation and got colour matched.
Anyway, i bought this first in shade 022 this was much too light for me and much to pinky, i then bought this in 030, this was much to dark for me. I think ideally i am shade 021 but i don't want to buy it again and risk it as i have already spent around £70 on two bottles and i find it rubbish!
The reviews on this are amazing and i really wanted this to be good and be my HG foundation, leaving colour out of my review (because the colour matching was kind of my fault i guess) i still don't find this foundation any good. It only lasted a few hours with me even though i tried it with a primer/without a primer/about 4 different primers, it just didn't last all day like other reviewers said. I don't know if it's my skin that is the problem and the reason that this didn't last...
The finish of this foundation is definitely a dewy finish even with powder (i alternated between mac powder and dior loose powder) this foundation was still too dewy. too dewy for my liking anyway.
I rated this expensive because i think it is expensive for what it is (if it would have been good i would have been happy to pay because i really want to find my HG foundation)
so yeah, i dont think this product is for me, as much as i want it to be... i'm now left with 2 over three quarter filled bottles :(