September 22, 2014 | 1770 users online

BB Cream - Clinique - Age Defense BB Cream SPF 30

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I went to Sephora to kill time & decided to try a few BB creams. This is one of the ones the SA said should be light enough for me (I'm NW10 & she gave me shade 1). Its very pink-toned when you first see it but I don't think it appears too pink on the skin. It does seem to give decent coverage & there is quite a "pull" when you apply it.
My problem is that it's WAY too glowy. I don't look for matte finishes & I don't even use powder unless its midday. But after I applied this, I immediately had to get my powder & blot it down a lot. I like shine on my cheeks & around my temples, etc. But I use foundations/TMs/etc to even out my skintone on my nose & chin mainly. And those aren't really areas that you want to be super shiny.
I didn't like this because of the shine factor & I won't be finishing the sample I got

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by sarahbeans

This was one of my more impulsive sephora purchases that i bought online when i realized my free birthday gift coupon was about to expire. I haven't tried a lot of clinique products and really wasn't sure that I would like it, however, I am loving it so far! It got some of the highest reviews of all the bb creams on sephora and for very good reason. Goes on smooth, doesn't seem to clog pores, and blends very well and blurs out some of my acne scarring; foundation goes on smooth over it but it also looks fine on its own. I would definitely recommend shade two if you have yellow undertones like me. Worth the splurge and great if you want a one step product that you can wear even without foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by amandaeclark

I am surprised by the bad reviews. I really like this BB cream. I wear shade 01 and from the first time I put it on I was in love. I have acne scarring and they all appear to be blurred and some covered entirely. I thought to wear it under foundation originally bc I am used to full coverage, abut after I put it on I realized I do not need foundation. I use some concealer under my eyes and will dab a bit on any spots and set it with powder. I do find it does take about 5 minutes to set - so I try not to mess with it for a couple of minutes. I always set with powder - I don't like the feel of it on my face without it - but I use a VERY light application. My face looks and feels very natural - like I am not wearing makeup. I love that it has SPF 30 and I do notice my skin tone has improved with use. I have used with a moisturizer and without - works good both ways.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by katiebanaag

For Reference, im an NC37 and in Clinique's bb cream i was matched with Shade 3. I've had this for about 2 months now and reached for this BB creme just occasionally.. but i definitely noticed that this is what makes my foundation last longer when i do reach for it ! The product itself has decent coverage for a BB cream i wouldn't mind wearing everyday alone. It definitely blurs out imperfections. I find that it does control my oil tremendously, Still have to blot a few times but better than days without it for sure! It does NOT collect into the crevices of the skin like some tinted moisturizers would.

What impresses me about Cliniques BB cream is the way it acts as a primer right before liquid or cream foundations. Today was hot and humid, I was sweating but my foundation stayed on amazingly thru the end of my work day. AMAZING. I used MAC studio fix fluid on top which has OKAY staying power, the clinique BB cream sent this combo over the top. will keep this review updated **

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Pandora135

I bought this at Macy's thinking it would be a good product to save me time. I hate this so much! It made my combo skin super oily. No breakouts, but my face felt so gross. It also felt really cakey and like my skin couldn't breathe. I only applied a pea sized amount. It mostly rubbed off after a few hours too. It's too thick for a BB cream. Almost feels like a liquid concealer, similar to the kind that comes in the brush pen. The only reason this doesn't get a 0 is that the color matched my skin well (am a shade3) and it didn't break me out. Never buying this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by YoureSoSweet

I wear Shade 02, usually a NW20 in MAC foundations, etc. I'm absolutely in love with this BB Cream. I find it unlike original asian BB creams, but this has been my solution for foundation. It's a bit thick, but it gives quite a bit of coverage. It's also quite matte with a slight shimmer, which isn't too noticeable. For my oily skin I find I don't need to powder really with this and it lasts throughout my busy school day. I'm pleased as punch.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by tinaizcrazy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i would say i am extremely disappointed with this cream. i am new to bb creams and can just find a few here in islamabad, pakistan. prior to this, i used 4u2 bb cream and etude bright bb cream and they are much much better than this crap. i bought it in shade 2. it makes my complexion look so dull. i have medium complexion and have no pimples or blemishes at al. the first day i applied it in the morning in a hurry and my skin started shedding oil instantly and in an hour my face looked cakey, even though i applied a small amount and followed up with body shop all in one base lightly to set it in. i thought perhaps i couldnt blend it properly etc. but its the same everyday. i have been using it for a week now and everyone tells me that whats wrong with my skin. i spent 5000 pak rupees to buy it, but am extremely disappointed. wont recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by megdancer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my first experience with a BB cream, but so far I'M IN LOVE. I don't tend to get any zits anymore (knock on wood), and I like foundations with low coverage. Yet, tinted moisterizers make my skin oily. This is honestly my HG as of yet. Just a little bit makes my face look almost airbrushed. I do have quite a few acne scars, and this covers them all up without looking like I caked anything on. If you want to use this as a primer, it works great! I've put MAC mineralize and Chanel Teint Innocence over top, and that's how I got the airbrushed look. I even went to the Kentucky Derby wearing this alone, and after all the heat, sun and drunkenly falling asleep in the outfield, my skin still looked amazing by the end of the day, yet my mascara was everywhere. The only downfall of this product is that it only comes in three shades, and that's not realistic at all.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by GayLynn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love it! I tried shade #2 which is a little light for me, but LOVE the way it makes my skin look. I will be buying shade #3!! Should be perfect for the Summer!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by kfulghum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I must admit that when I first purchased this product I didn't care for it. I think it was the moisturizer I was using underneath it. I have changed moisturizers and really like it now. I have oily, acne-prone, dry in places, red, sensitive skin (sounds like fun right?). This product did not add any moisture to my face as it claims. I still have to wear a moisturizer underneath, and I alternate between Olay SPF 30 and Clinique Redness solutions. I feel like this product does provide good SPF coverage. I use the Shade 2 and I have fair skin. The color is just a tiny bit too dark but I don't mind. The coverage is nice, somewhat heavy. I like the way it evens out my skintone, which is very uneven. This product lasts all day with just one touch up in the afternoon, but even if I don't touch up my makeup still looks nice. Overall this a good product. The only thing I would change would be to make it more moisturizing and have more colors available.