April 16, 2014 | 1899 users online

BB Cream - Clinique - Age Defense BB Cream SPF 30

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by katiebanaag

For Reference, im an NC37 and in Clinique's bb cream i was matched with Shade 3. I've had this for about 2 months now and reached for this BB creme just occasionally.. but i definitely noticed that this is what makes my foundation last longer when i do reach for it ! The product itself has decent coverage for a BB cream i wouldn't mind wearing everyday alone. It definitely blurs out imperfections. I find that it does control my oil tremendously, Still have to blot a few times but better than days without it for sure! It does NOT collect into the crevices of the skin like some tinted moisturizers would.

What impresses me about Cliniques BB cream is the way it acts as a primer right before liquid or cream foundations. Today was hot and humid, I was sweating but my foundation stayed on amazingly thru the end of my work day. AMAZING. I used MAC studio fix fluid on top which has OKAY staying power, the clinique BB cream sent this combo over the top. will keep this review updated **

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Pandora135

I bought this at Macy's thinking it would be a good product to save me time. I hate this so much! It made my combo skin super oily. No breakouts, but my face felt so gross. It also felt really cakey and like my skin couldn't breathe. I only applied a pea sized amount. It mostly rubbed off after a few hours too. It's too thick for a BB cream. Almost feels like a liquid concealer, similar to the kind that comes in the brush pen. The only reason this doesn't get a 0 is that the color matched my skin well (am a shade3) and it didn't break me out. Never buying this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by YoureSoSweet

I wear Shade 02, usually a NW20 in MAC foundations, etc. I'm absolutely in love with this BB Cream. I find it unlike original asian BB creams, but this has been my solution for foundation. It's a bit thick, but it gives quite a bit of coverage. It's also quite matte with a slight shimmer, which isn't too noticeable. For my oily skin I find I don't need to powder really with this and it lasts throughout my busy school day. I'm pleased as punch.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by tinaizcrazy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i would say i am extremely disappointed with this cream. i am new to bb creams and can just find a few here in islamabad, pakistan. prior to this, i used 4u2 bb cream and etude bright bb cream and they are much much better than this crap. i bought it in shade 2. it makes my complexion look so dull. i have medium complexion and have no pimples or blemishes at al. the first day i applied it in the morning in a hurry and my skin started shedding oil instantly and in an hour my face looked cakey, even though i applied a small amount and followed up with body shop all in one base lightly to set it in. i thought perhaps i couldnt blend it properly etc. but its the same everyday. i have been using it for a week now and everyone tells me that whats wrong with my skin. i spent 5000 pak rupees to buy it, but am extremely disappointed. wont recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by megdancer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my first experience with a BB cream, but so far I'M IN LOVE. I don't tend to get any zits anymore (knock on wood), and I like foundations with low coverage. Yet, tinted moisterizers make my skin oily. This is honestly my HG as of yet. Just a little bit makes my face look almost airbrushed. I do have quite a few acne scars, and this covers them all up without looking like I caked anything on. If you want to use this as a primer, it works great! I've put MAC mineralize and Chanel Teint Innocence over top, and that's how I got the airbrushed look. I even went to the Kentucky Derby wearing this alone, and after all the heat, sun and drunkenly falling asleep in the outfield, my skin still looked amazing by the end of the day, yet my mascara was everywhere. The only downfall of this product is that it only comes in three shades, and that's not realistic at all.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by GayLynn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love it! I tried shade #2 which is a little light for me, but LOVE the way it makes my skin look. I will be buying shade #3!! Should be perfect for the Summer!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by kfulghum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I must admit that when I first purchased this product I didn't care for it. I think it was the moisturizer I was using underneath it. I have changed moisturizers and really like it now. I have oily, acne-prone, dry in places, red, sensitive skin (sounds like fun right?). This product did not add any moisture to my face as it claims. I still have to wear a moisturizer underneath, and I alternate between Olay SPF 30 and Clinique Redness solutions. I feel like this product does provide good SPF coverage. I use the Shade 2 and I have fair skin. The color is just a tiny bit too dark but I don't mind. The coverage is nice, somewhat heavy. I like the way it evens out my skintone, which is very uneven. This product lasts all day with just one touch up in the afternoon, but even if I don't touch up my makeup still looks nice. Overall this a good product. The only thing I would change would be to make it more moisturizing and have more colors available.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by HKaren

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was a great product - kept my skin pretty matte all day. Only thing I didn't like is that the darkest shade was still too light for my skin. The rep tried to convince me that it matched but I bought it and tried it for a few days and just could not accept the lightness of the shade. If Clinique makes a few more darker shades I would definitely try it again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2012 3:50:00 AM More reviews by Seficat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been wearing Shade 1 for a couple of months now, and I really like it. What I was really looking for with this product was something with a reasonable SPF that would offer a good makeup base. After adventures with SPF tinted moisturisers (always seened to be greasy and melt off after an hour or so) I decided to give this a try - despite the price. It's thick and applies somewhat like a sunscreen, also taking a few minutes to settle on the skin. For a BB cream it also offers pretty good coverage. If I'm having a good skin day, a bit of concealer and bronzer and I'm good to go. On most days though I add some foundation and it does seems to go on more smoothly. I do wish this wasn't so expensive, and also offered a better shade selection, but I'd be happy to re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by nechama22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I gave into the BB Cream craze and bought this the other day at Sephora. I have to say, after 2 days of wearing it, I am completely hooked. I am one of those rare individuals who is extremely fair, but has yellow, not pinkish undertones, so I always have trouble finding foundations and powders that are 1 - light enough and 2 - not pink! I bought this in shade 01 and I am glad I tried it in the store first because I had I ordered it online, I would have been put off by the "pinkiness" of it. Shade 02 was way too dark for me, even though it is more yellow. I tried a smear of 01 on my face, browsed Sephora for a little bit, came back and looked at my face in the mirror, saw I didn't look like I had doused my face in calamine lotion, and decided to buy it. I could always return it, right?

I used it yesterday for the first time without moisturizer underneath because I have extremely oily skin and I didn't think the extra moisturizer under this would be a good idea. What I immediately noticed was how little product I needed. I started with very little because I figured I could always apply more - so not necessary!!! All it took to cover my entire face was one tiny little squeeze of product.

The texture is thick, like a foundation, but I was able to spread it easily with just my fingers. It probably would have been even easier had I had a foundation sponge, but it wasn't a necessity.

The coverage was excellent - it was like every red spot and flaw disappeared within seconds after applying it. I did put a little too much on my cheek, where I first began applying, but I just smoothed it out with my finger. I could have skipped concealer all together, but I have bad dark circles under my eyes, so I felt safer using it. I did feel I looked pretty pale (I usually wear powder foundations, so they don't cover as much), so I put on a little BE Warmth bronzer and Tarte Flush cheek stain - my babysitter kept telling me how good I looked :)

After a few hours, it did settle into my fine lines, but any liquid foundation I use does this since my skin is so oily. One thing I will say, I don't think this would be a great product for really dry skin - I had a small dry patch on my cheek and I could see it after a while. I think if someone with dry skin were to use this, they should just make sure to put a moisturizer under it or mix it with a moisturizer. This product seems to be more about the coverage than the moisturizing properties IMHO.

Overall, I am very pleased.
I think this is definitely worth the money because you use so little and the benefits are excellent.