Clinique Age Defense BB Cream SPF 30

3.6

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.50%, Octisalate 4.00%, Zinc Oxide 3.50%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titaniium Dioxide 1.1.0% water, dimethicone, butylene glycol, phenyl trimethicone, pentylene glycol, glyceryl stearate, behenyl alcofol, trioctyldodecyl citrate, polymethylsilsesquioxane, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, PEG-40 stearate, polyglyceryl -10 pentastearate, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, Hordeum vulgare (barley extract), extract d'orge, Triticum Vulgare (wheat germm extract), Laminaria saccharina extract, Linoleic Acid, Oryzanol, cholesterol, caffeine, sucrose, glycerin, Polyquaternium-51, lecithin, Sodium stearoyl lactylate, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Sodium PCA, Isopropyl titanium triisostearate, Trehalose, urea, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Xanthan Gum, Glycyrrhetinic acid, stearic acid, Aluminum hydroxide, silica, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica

on 6/15/2012 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have bought this BB cream 2 months ago, when it just launched here. I was really looking forward to trying it, because I love Clinique and tinted moisturizers and products with sheer coverage as my skin looks quite good and I don’t need any high coverage. I also like that it has spf 30, I am very pale and have a sun-reacting skin and the usual spf 15 as found in many foundations and powders is not high enough for me. I decided to buy the lightest shade 01 (MAC NW20), I am really pale with pink undertones and it works perfectly for me. I cannot really say, if it works against the aging except of the high spf, I have hardly any wrinkles yet.
I use it after my 3-steps Clinique routine (I am type 2). After squeezing it out of the tube it might appear a bit grayish, but when applied it looks very natural on me and is easy to blend. The finish is just right, not too dewy and glowing and also not completely matte. The skin tone is even and I can just use a little bit of concealer for a spot, otherwise I just put a bit of blush on and I am ready to go. Even after a long day it still looks good, sometimes I just need a bit of powder in my t-zone.

I was pleasantly surprised by this product, as I have had ugh experiences with Clinique foundations. First, it is very matte on my normal/aging skin, which is different than most BBs, and I kind of like that. However, it does not provide as much coverage or have that magic make-stuff-disappear-with-very-little-product quality that the Korean BBs have. It works best with a light coverage mineral or powder foundation over it. On the plus side, it does not look gray like Korean BBs. The reason I am not all 5 stars on this is that the stuff oxidized on me- and I really only get a tiny bit of oil in my t-zone, and only when it's hot out, so I can't figure out the shades. I'm probably a MAC NC30, 35 with self tanner, and I bought the 3 because 2 was too light. But 3 turns orange on me. Oh well.

on 6/13/2012 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

The product gave medium coverage on me. It was very moisturizing. I enjoyed using it, even though I normally hate anything resembling a liquid foundation.

I felt that I still had to use finishing powder, which kind of defeats the purpose of a BB cream. I haven't tried Asian BB creams, but this reminded me of a tinted moisturizer.

Overall, I thought this product did most of what it promised. However, I found myself using more of the product than I would like. I could see myself finishing the product in a few months. To that end, the product becomes really expensive.

After using for a month, I've determined this has broken me out. It is the cause, when I take a break from it, my face clears up. So, I'm returning it today and going back to my beloved LM oil-free TM. This is nasty stuff if you are acne-prone

on 6/10/2012 5:38:00 PM

I really liked this until it started to break my skin out....badly. I had contacted Clinique customer support who assured me that this was non acnegenic (their terminology). I think they lied because the longer I used it the worse my skin got. Initialy I did love the way it made my skin look ( I have a light to medium complexion so I used shade 2). Aside from that you really had to rub it in and it had a tendancy to set into line and pores.

on 6/10/2012 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I went to Sephora to kill time & decided to try a few BB creams. This is one of the ones the SA said should be light enough for me (I'm NW10 & she gave me shade 1). Its very pink-toned when you first see it but I don't think it appears too pink on the skin. It does seem to give decent coverage & there is quite a "pull" when you apply it.
My problem is that it's WAY too glowy. I don't look for matte finishes & I don't even use powder unless its midday. But after I applied this, I immediately had to get my powder & blot it down a lot. I like shine on my cheeks & around my temples, etc. But I use foundations/TMs/etc to even out my skintone on my nose & chin mainly. And those aren't really areas that you want to be super shiny.
I didn't like this because of the shine factor & I won't be finishing the sample I got

on 6/5/2012 3:14:00 PM

This was one of my more impulsive sephora purchases that i bought online when i realized my free birthday gift coupon was about to expire. I haven't tried a lot of clinique products and really wasn't sure that I would like it, however, I am loving it so far! It got some of the highest reviews of all the bb creams on sephora and for very good reason. Goes on smooth, doesn't seem to clog pores, and blends very well and blurs out some of my acne scarring; foundation goes on smooth over it but it also looks fine on its own. I would definitely recommend shade two if you have yellow undertones like me. Worth the splurge and great if you want a one step product that you can wear even without foundation!

on 5/31/2012 10:34:00 AM

I am surprised by the bad reviews. I really like this BB cream. I wear shade 01 and from the first time I put it on I was in love. I have acne scarring and they all appear to be blurred and some covered entirely. I thought to wear it under foundation originally bc I am used to full coverage, abut after I put it on I realized I do not need foundation. I use some concealer under my eyes and will dab a bit on any spots and set it with powder. I do find it does take about 5 minutes to set - so I try not to mess with it for a couple of minutes. I always set with powder - I don't like the feel of it on my face without it - but I use a VERY light application. My face looks and feels very natural - like I am not wearing makeup. I love that it has SPF 30 and I do notice my skin tone has improved with use. I have used with a moisturizer and without - works good both ways.

on 5/27/2012 1:08:00 AM

For Reference, im an NC37 and in Clinique's bb cream i was matched with Shade 3. I've had this for about 2 months now and reached for this BB creme just occasionally.. but i definitely noticed that this is what makes my foundation last longer when i do reach for it ! The product itself has decent coverage for a BB cream i wouldn't mind wearing everyday alone. It definitely blurs out imperfections. I find that it does control my oil tremendously, Still have to blot a few times but better than days without it for sure! It does NOT collect into the crevices of the skin like some tinted moisturizers would.

What impresses me about Cliniques BB cream is the way it acts as a primer right before liquid or cream foundations. Today was hot and humid, I was sweating but my foundation stayed on amazingly thru the end of my work day. AMAZING. I used MAC studio fix fluid on top which has OKAY staying power, the clinique BB cream sent this combo over the top. will keep this review updated **

on 5/26/2012 2:20:00 PM

I bought this at Macy's thinking it would be a good product to save me time. I hate this so much! It made my combo skin super oily. No breakouts, but my face felt so gross. It also felt really cakey and like my skin couldn't breathe. I only applied a pea sized amount. It mostly rubbed off after a few hours too. It's too thick for a BB cream. Almost feels like a liquid concealer, similar to the kind that comes in the brush pen. The only reason this doesn't get a 0 is that the color matched my skin well (am a shade3) and it didn't break me out. Never buying this again!