August 31, 2014 | 953 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Coolaulin conditioner

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2006 12:32:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This did'nt wow me. It weighed down my hair and left it feeling greasy. The smell was the only thing that slightly impressed me. Really coconutty. other than that, I wouldn't buy this again cuz there are so many other better products. Luckily, I bought a small bottle, and used the rest to shave my legs with.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2006 4:14:00 AM More reviews by jumblebee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very dry/damaged, coarse hair and this product isn't really moisturising enough as a conditioner for my hair. However I use a little bit as a leave in conditioner/ anti-frizz type serum after the usual wash and condition and it really smooths and softens my hair. If you're looking for a super moisturising conditioner from Lush I would reccomend jungle or retread instead of this!

Update- After using this for a while I found it dried my hair out abit, I think it could be the SLS. I've found pure coconut oil to be more effective :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2006 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Laurin

I bought a 3.3 oz. bottle of Coolaulin so I could try it, and I'm really glad I didn't buy a bigger bottle! It smells weird--like coconut milk and something dusty. I think it smells like a dusty old attic! Scent aside, I thought that this would be a HG deep conditioner, but, sadly, it does very little for my wavy, highlighted hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2006 12:23:00 PM More reviews by persephone76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This conditioner smells nice but isn't very moisturizing. I have wavy hair and I find this makes my hair dull instead of shiny. However, it works very well as a leave in conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2006 3:23:00 PM More reviews by hsloop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product for my dry and thin hair. I have curly hair and this conditioner is not too heavy so it allows my curls to form and it leaves them soft and shiny. It mystifies me because it feels so light, yet it doesn't leave my hair dry, frizzy and fly away like other light conditioners. I still put styling product in my hair and have not tried this conditioner without the extra. I am holding a lippie in reserve for future research. BTW... I like the smell. Makes my hair smell like i have been on the beach.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2006 1:45:00 PM More reviews by punkfiend

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Smells lovely left my hair a bit dry thou :/

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2006 4:36:00 PM More reviews by gromitndl

smells awful, worst conditioner ever. stripped hair down till it was bone dry. hate it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2006 10:31:00 PM More reviews by LadyInsane

I can't imaging this being for thick hair, wiry hair or hair that's massive in quantity. It just isn't moisturising enough, and is one of the lightest hair moisturisers Lush has to offer. Anyone with thick wiry dry hair: Don't use it. You need more moisture, go get some Retread or American Cream. This I only tried for a few days when I ran out of American Cream and Retread, as I got it for my Mum. Lovely smell, but not enough for all my thick hair. My Mum has flyaway, thin, wavy hair and she ADORES this conditioner. She nees something that won't weigh her her down, and will maintain its waves and keep it soft and she adores it. I give it a pure five out of five,as it is the only conditioner my Mum has seen results from, despite changing brands almost monthly!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2006 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Rainbow_Phoenix

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try this and as I opened the lid and sniffed it I was like... wait... Isn't this supposed to smell like coconut? And for that matter isn't it supposed to smell GOOD? It smelled exactly like a pile of dusty gravel. Then I tried it, it's a tiny bit too heavy for everyday use on my fine, oily, easily-weighed-down hair but good golly it smells fantasticoconut on the hair. I love it! And by BF who hates any conditioner that gives him volume loves it even more than I do.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2006 4:12:00 PM More reviews by DENF

This is the worst stuff I have ever used on my hair and is far worse then using nothing at all. My hair is dry thick and frizzy and I need a good conditioner to get it soft and smooth. I put this on after shampooing my hair and washed it out. It stripped every last drop of oil off of my hair and left it feeling course and actually matted it! And on top of that the stuff smells completely gross - like rancid fat. I had to put a ton of my normal conditioner in, just to get a comb through it! I am totally mystfied by claims that this can in anyway improve the condition of anyones hair unless their problem is that they are trying to remove excess oil from it. I normally have good luck with Lush products, but this stuff is going in the garbage.