November 20, 2014 | 1680 users online

Liquid - Smashbox - Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Cheerhottiexoxo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation wasn't the best for myself. First off my skin is medium oily more like teenage oily but no acne, this foundation claims to be hydrating but made my face so dry. This clung to dry patches and made them look awful & hard to blend out the foundation. The main part that drew me into buying this was it was yellow toned & was long wearing certainly not the price not to mention. The long wear part about this is true it does stay on with it's medium to full build able coverage. The problem with this foundation is I think the smash box company wanted to make it long wearing so there really is no moisturizing affect or oil part about it they just need to find balance between long wear and hydrating. Also another part about this foundation is it can make you a bit flat looking , if you're looking for a more dewy foundation this isn't for you. Last but not least the packaging also drew me in , it had a pump and was sleek looking. But this isn't worth a whopping 45$ revlon colorstay is probably a bit better then this

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by anabolina

I really don't have the best luck with high priced foundations. I tried MAC Studio Fix and it broke me out and I tried a Lancôme which was immediately discontinued. grrr. Now I've tried Studio Skin and it broke me out with a lovely cystic under the skin zit. It's big and painful. :( I would also say I was disappointed with the coverage. It took a lot of product to build any coverage. I applied it over a smashbox primer and with a Real Techniques buffing brush. When that didn't work I used my fingers and while I got more coverage, it still left even my lightest acne scars looking very obvious. I guess I'd compare the coverage to Revlon's Nearly Naked foundation, the new one, not the old one which I liked. Buildable, but light to medium coverage.

I don't think f my skin as particularly oily, it combo with dryness and an oily t-zone. This stuff disappeared within 4 hours. I checked my face at lunch and it was gone. At least it didn't go patchy. I did apply it with some of the Elf HD powder to help it stay. Nope, no going there. I will say that it works better with a different primer. The MUA at Ulta applied it with a different primer under and while she used at least 3 pumps on half my face, it did last from 3 PM to after 10 PM. I don't remember what she used though and with the breakout(which I suppose could have been the primer even though I'm blaming this based on how many other people ion here it broke out) and disappointing second day performance, I took it back to the store.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by jenzie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Wow! My new HG! I bought this foundation on a whim as I've been on the lookout for a new foundation to replace my beloved Colorstay, which unfortunately is too beige for my skin tone, and no matter how many times I've mixed it with a yellow toned foundation, it's always irritated me! So I checked out some reviews and I read one where they said that it was exactly the same as E.L.D.W before the formula changed, and I loved that foundation! (Oh why oh why did they have to mess around with the formula?!). But it really is similar in all aspects! It's got medium to full coverage - buildable, not cakey, perfect staying power (lasts about 6 hours before I need to touch up my nose area - the only oily part of my face) and the lightest shade is identical to 1W1 Bone - or an NC15. Perfect amount of yellow undertones for my warm but light skin and it doesn't oxidise either which is always a welcome aspect! It applies beautifully with my real techniques expert face brush in downward strokes, then set with my MAC mineralize skinfinish! I love it, thank you Smashbox!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by hibiscus806

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this foundation for about 48 USD (I live outside of the US and have to deal with higher prices).

Pros: The coverage of the foundation is amazing, its is build-able but dries very quickly. I have a lot of hyperpigmentation, redness, and acne marks and this foundation reduces the appearance of it at about 70-80% sans concealer. It is definitely long wearing. I wear make up for long hours (7am - 5pm) and it generally held up.

Cons: It oxidizes on me like crazy! I do not know why. but at about 2-3 hours my face looks so orange. It broke me out, nothing major but I have had a few spots her and there. I don't know if it is the foundation or the combination of primer (smashbox classic photofinish primer) plus this foundation but it made my skin even oiler throughout the day. I have naturally oily skin, but my face has never been that oily! I have never felt the necessity to blot (I could live with a slight shine) but with this one I had to.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Miisssyy

Wow.. this is an awesome foundation and one of my favorites! Im always always on the search for a new foundation. I have tried Bobbi, Laura Mercier, Revlon, Tarte, Mac; you name it I have tried it, and this is by far by favorite. I had acne when I was a teenager and still occasionally get a little pimples here and there, my skin is normal to dry, and I have a little hyper-pigmentation-- this covers it all with out looking like i'm wearing a mask. It gives me the beautiful skin I have always longed for. I have worn this for over 10 hours and it still looks great-- even fell asleep with it and it was still awesome after my nap. Its Med- to full coverage you can build it up if you want or play it down-- either way it covers and looks great.. so happy I found this gem! Try it out if you haven't; hopefully it works for you!

** I wore this in the hot hot sun at a baseball game all day, and I thought I would be a hot mess after but this foundation proved me wrong once again...I looked like just put it on!
This foundation is awesome

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by audreyelaineee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation, i have dark spots and it covers them really well. The only complaint I have is that once it settles into the skin there's no doing some last minute blending, i have to get some moisturizer and blend it again. Even though I love this product, some people find it "too sticky," so i would definitely get a sample first.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

I'm getting closer to finding my foundation HG...in fact, this may be it. I received a sample of Studio Skin so I gave it a try. I'm very impressed. The product applies smoothly and blends well. I find using a damp foundation brush makes for the best application, but fingers also work well too. It feels light on my skin, like I'm not wearing anything. It also feels light to the touch as well, not sticky or oily. Coverage is buildable without looking flat or lifeless. I didn't experience any oxidation: the color I applied is the color I had all day. And boy, does this foundation wear! I didn't time it to see if it was exactly 15 hours of coverage, but it lasted for a full day at an amusement part and again on another day of running errands in hot weather. Didn't need to touch up with powder once on either day. Removing it can be a bit tough because it really lasts, but I use the oil-cleansing method and that takes it off easily.

A couple of minor cons...first, I don't think it's quite as hydrating as they claim. It doesn't dry my skin out but it definitely doesn't replace using a moisturizer or primer beforehand. The price is a little steep too, but it is a quality product so I can live with the cost. Foundation is one of the products one really can't skimp on.

The most difficult thing about this product was finding the right shade. For this foundation, I strongly recommend going somewhere to get color-matched, or shop at/order from a store with a great return policy. The sample shade I was given was 2.3 and too dark (it made me look tan). I went to the Smashbox website and told the Smashbox studio artist that I used to use UD Naked 3.0, and she recommended 2.2. However, 2.2 was still too dark. So I returned it and had a second consult with different Smashbox studio artist and this one recommended 1.2, but that was a little too light--it'd probably be my perfect winter shade, but it won't work at the beginning of June. So I got 2.1, which is perfect. I'm keeping the 1.2 because I'll need it in a few months, and I can blend it with the 2.1.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by cathrinel

Did not like this foundation at all! I feel like it's something wrong with the foundation (or me, haha) since everyone seems to love it so much. I want a bit of coverage as I have a few blemishes and acne scars to hide, and this just didn't do the job. The texture is really weird and my skin looked like a mess after I applied it. Also the undertones were way too yellow for me. I had to clean my skin several times to get it off my face as well. However, since it did not work for me, I gave it to my mom, and she seems to think it's ok for her skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

I was skeptical of this foundation but boy, was I proven wrong.

First, I LOVE the glass pump bottle, it feels both sturdy and high end (although sort of boring-looking). Secondly, I was pleasantly surprised that this foundation is high coverage, skin-like AND buildable! Most high-coverage and long-lasting foundations (Revlon Colorstay, etc.) tend to look and feel heavy on the skin, but this one is super blendable and feels very light on the skin. I apply by either stippling the product on with a damp Beauty Blender or buffing it on with a flat-topped brush. I didn't notice any issues with either method. One layer gives you medium-coverage, whereas a second or third layer on top of trouble areas will give you full coverage.

The finish is ABSURDLY beautiful! The first thought that comes to mind is that it makes my skin look like silk. It has a dewy, skin-like finish, with a bit more glow than demi-matte foundations like UD Naked Skin. It sits well on top of my big pores and easily survives my long work days, although I have yet to try it out for longer than 12 hrs. I am oily-skinned and noticed that I don't have to blot nearly as early as I usually do (noon), only much later in the day. I might come back and edit this review once I figure out how long this foundation actually lasts!

My major complaint about this product is that the shades run both warm and dark, and most of the colors lean toward peach. I'm a very yellow NC25 Asian and the closest shade I could match to is 2.1. 2.1 is neutral-warm with some peachy-yellow undertones to it. It's NOT yellow enough for me and looks a bit too neutral on my skin, but it's passable because it's the right depth of color. 2.2 is darker and has strong peach undertones, while 2.3 is darker still and has yellow undertones. I tried mixing 2.1 with both 2.2 and 2.3 in varying ratios and all the combinations looked a touch dark on me (and still very orange or peach!) so I gave up and stuck with 2.1. (NOTE: This foundation oxidzies in the first minute or two. It goes on ashy and warms up considerably.)

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by karlaliz

Okay So after being a loyal costumer of Estee Lauder for over 7 years and after they obvioulsy changed the formula (which is a fact look at the ingredients) I had to find the next best thing or the closest to it. THIS IS it! for those who seek a full cover foundation that doesn't look too heavy this is it! Long lasting and full cover (i use it with a beauty blander or a real technique foundation brush) It looks natural and you don't need layers of it, even without a primer. In fact I've found that without a primer it looks even more natural and still stays put. I have oily skin far from perfect with some dry areas. So i know what I'm telling you and I've used the best foundation out there this one is up there. Not as great as the Original Estee Lauder D.W but my #2. And that good enough for me : )