April 20, 2014 | 1444 users online

Liquid - Smashbox - Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by AdelaideHanoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like the coverage of this foundation. It gives my skin a healthy look, and it sticks on throughout the day. However, it's not the best foundation I've tried, and I wont buy it agian. This foundation also tends to get oily in my t-zone. I've never had a foundation that makes my non-oily skin oily. And I also think the texture of this foundation is too thick, and it feels heavy on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by skelterhelter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really thought this would be my holy grail foundation but alas it's not :( Rundown on my skin: Combo -- oily in the t zone and dry/sensitive on the cheeks. I'm an NC20 in MAC, so the 1.2 shade was a perfect match for me in the Studio Skin. Initially when I tried this as a sample I LOVED it. It blended into my skin flawlessly and covered my imperfections. But, now that it's winter, this stuff just looks so dry and cakey around my nose. It's a lot thicker in consistency than I remember too :/ Unfortunately, I will not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by morgann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample from the Chemist to try at home and applied it this morning with a beauty blender. The colour is perfect I am NC15/ 1N1 nude ivory and am 1.1 in this. My only problem is it is hard to blend around the mouth and nose and starts to look cakey, I found that it did not build at all and even after using a creamy moisturiser and primer on my combo - oily skin it still felt tight and gross. Won't be purchasing this one especially at the price of $79 in NZ!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by brittanyxoxo

I have had this foundation for about three months now and I am halfway through the bottle. I love this foundation. It gives great coverage and does not make me look cakey. I use one pump and it covers my entire face. If i need extra coverage I use two pumps and my face still does not cake up. In the bottle the colors show off very orange/ yellow but when blended into the skin it looks very natural. I am in shade 2.2 it is a little too light for my skin so next time i buy it I will be going up one or two shades. especially with summer coming around. I also love that this foundation has never broke me out. I would recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by puppy97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this about a week ago and really liking this, I find I am lucky that I have great skin because other members have been complaining this dries out or accentuates trouble spots. I first tried out mac studio sculpt, meh it was ok. The coverage is good but it doesn't last, this feels light on my skin and gives me the coverage that I need to look naturally flawless. I only need one large pump for my entire face and I actually really like the smell, its not overbearing and obvious as mac. (Don't get me wrong I love mac) It come to about $53 with tax but I think its a good investment, also considering they are a cruelty free brand :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by knguyen888

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation comes out extremely thick, and it does last on the skin much longer then other foundations although it does claim to last "15 hours". I bought this foundation without reviewing it before, after running out of my usual Lancome foundation. It was hard to blend because the texture is so thick. A few hours after applying AND having powdered my face, my skin became very oily around the t-zone. After applying you can notice right away that the foundation is so thick it just sits on top of my little blemish leaving little spots that look like dry flakes of skin(horrifying). and yes I do use my usual primer and my skin isn't even dry! Cleaning this foundation off is tiring because you need a very oily makeup remover.

After using this, I tried to clean my MAC 190 brush with dish detergent like I normally do and it refuses it come off completely which leaves me wondering if it ever really came off my skin when I tried to remove it!!!

This gets 2 lippies because it does stay on for a long time and does not look bad in pictures with flash. Don't recommend anyone to buy this, it's a waste of $$ and there's better foundations for the same price or even cheaper

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 11:18:00 AM More reviews by SJMc

I wasn't sure what to make of this foundation when I first used it. It was quite runny and I didn't think it covered well. I was previously using Revlon Colour Stay, which is very heavy and dries fast. However, after setting with my powder and applying the rest of my make-up, I decided I really liked it. I used Smashbox photo finish primer, which makes the foundation easy to blend.

I was surprised to read reviewers had called this foundation cakey and heavy; I think it's very nice, and feels really light on your skin. I felt as though my Revlon foundation clogged my skin and dried it out, but this one makes you feel like you're wearing minimal make-up but with good coverage.

Maybe this isn't for everyone, but I love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2013 5:03:00 AM More reviews by romagrey

This foundation is nice for special occasions and wearing for a night out but IMO it is far too heavy on the skin for everyday use as after about 4 hours it begins to feel very clogging and uncomfortable. It has a pretty good color match for my skin and provides a nice finish when I do wear it. I would rate it four stars for wearing for special occasions but as it is too heavy to wear everyday I have bumped it down to a three. I probably won't repurchase it next time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by shorty87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have this in shade 2.1 and for reference I am around NC25. I have very oily skin (T-zone is more oily than cheeks) and acne-prone skin. I have mild redness and mild to moderate acne scars plus 1-2 active breakouts at all times on my skin. I have used up almost a whole bottle of this foundation now (lasted me about a year with 2 pumps everytime I use it- I probably used this foundation ~300 days of the year) so it has lasted me quite a while. The bottle comes with a pump, however, it can get messy if you don't clean off the tip. The liquid itself is medium-thick. I use one pump on one cheek and one more on the other since that is where I need coverage. Then I stipple in with my Sigma F80 brush and then blend and buff upward to my forehead, chin and neck.

The foundation itself has strong medium coverage when I use two pumps which I appreciate. This also has decent oil control. I find I do have to blot around 6 hours later. The staying power is also decent with about 10 hours wear before I notice it is fading. I always set my foundation with powder (Sephora Mattifying Powder in D22). I usually use a face spray also (Skindinavia Original). This combined has helped my foundation stay as long as it can and retain coverage.

Overall, I liked this foundation. However, recently I have tried a sample of Lancome's Teint Idole 24 hours and I found that one to be of higher coverage, better skin tone match, more natural blend and lasted better. I am always on the search for a high coverage, long lasting foundation to cover my imperfections.I will most likely not be repurchasing the Smashbox Studio Skin foundation because I want to try the Lancome one. However, this foundation does have its merits and is good for people who are semi-oily and want medium coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Cath12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a bit of a foundation junkie but this one is fast becoming my HG. At first I thought the coverage was a little too thick for me so the next time I used it I blended in some of my moisturiser to thin it out: Perfect result!
I use Paulas Choice Shine Stopper as my mattifier/primer and I swear, this foundation doesn't move for at least 10 hours & that includes a fairly heavy gym workout.
Love this foundation.