July 29, 2014 | 2156 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - Watt's Up!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by payjark

I have the tiny bday gift of this highlighter and as I thought, I love it. Benefit makes amazinggggg highlighters and this did not fall short of my expectations. I think I will eventually purchase the full version but I have so many highlighters as it is.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2013 6:15:00 AM More reviews by ladypamela1

It's gold frost on a stick. Much better options out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by noelle001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product just didn't do it for me. It just sort of sat awkwardly on my face and it didn't blend at all. Also, the color barely showed up on my skin and it didn't add any luminosity. It also felt greasy and heavy on my skin. I've used much better highlighters than this one that were half the price. Definitely not worth the money. I do give Benefit props for the catchy name and the cute packaging. It's easy to apply, I just wish it had been better quality.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by blengs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Like many other reviewers, I received a mini of this product as part of the 2013 Sephora birthday gift. I'm definitely not a fan. First of all, when I opened it, the highlighter stick had broken at its base (like a lipstick does when you push it up too far). I don't know how that's possible considering I'd never even opened it. In any case, I used it by pushing it up just slightly so it didn't move around too much.

I've had great luck with other highlighters (specifically the E.L.F. Studio Shimmer Palette and Prescriptives Magic), so I expected this to sink into the skin slightly and blend seamlessly like they did. Instead, the consistency was awkward and just sat on my skin. the line between it and my natural skin tone seemed obvious, not smooth, even though as a whole the formula was far too sheer. I can barely see it on my skin, and what I do see I don't like. No thank you!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by crobertson01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've wanted to try a highlighter for a while. It's just a great summer product. Don't let people tell you that you can't get away with highlighting because you're too fair! Look at Leighton Meester (Blair from Gossip Girl) as an example. Good highlighters simply light up the face to make it look like the sun is always shining on you. :)

I bought a Physician's Formula highlighter (I believe it was "Pearl"), and it acted more like a bronzer than it did a highlighter on my fair skin. Benefit's Watts Up is a luxurious, creamy highlighting stick that lights up your face without any tacky sparkle. It looks very natural, feels great on the skin, and come on . . . it's called "Watts Up." Awesome. The packaging is adorable too. Pretty expensive. I don't usually pay $30 for any makeup product, but I'd say this is close to worth it. If you have a few extra bucks, spend it on some shine for your face.

If you're wondering how to apply it--I use it down the middle of my forehead to the tip of my nose, on the inner corners of my eyes, under my eyebrows and down the middle of my eyelid, at the tip of my chin, and in a Nike swoosh shape from under the eyes to across the cheekbones to the temples. Brings out that "triangle of light".

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by expatricia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Great color. Easy to blend. Perfect for pale complexions who don't want to look like a sparkly styro-foam ball. Friend gave me her mini version from Sephora. I avoid the sun and am incredibly pale, so bronzers look muddy and fake on me. This gives me the subtle highlights and a dewy glow that looks healthier on pale redheads in the summer. The tone is so forgiving I can apply the stick directly to the tops of my cheek bones, brow bones and top of the peak of my lips and dab to blend with my fingers. Great to add to the middle of my lips or eyelids, inside eye corners, etc. to get a fuller, brighter look. No problems with my sensitive skin. No "Who Had A Fight With Her Highlighter?" look. Haven't found a blush tone it clashes with, but I stick to peaches and warm rosy tones. Staying power is good.

My only complaint is that the stick goes on so sheer, it requires so much product as to make it an extremely expensive hightlighter. I use a light hand with makeup, so I suspect this runs out quickly unless used on a darker skin tone.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I got a mini version of this highlighter from Sephora. It was part of my free birthday gift. It looks like a little lipstick. On the skin, it gives a frosty and shiny finish. In terms of being natural, this is far from it. And I don't like the oily consistency of the formula. It seems to make my skin look greasy.

All in all, I would not recommend this product. I will probably trash the rest of this myself. It was fun to test this out. But the highlighter is too oily and sort of champagne color with hints of pink.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Triscuits

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I received a mini of this product along with a mini mascara as my b-day gift from Sephora. (Thanks Sephora!) I'm happy I got to try this out, but I wasn't impressed, and likely won't even finish using the product in the mini.

What I didn't like: It's frosty. When blended I don't see a natural glow or highlight, I see greasy and somewhat cakey-looking frost and glitter. Maybe alright if I was a pole dancer or in a music video or if it was Halloween, but otherwise, no. I'm not a total prude or anything, but this product seems to me like what would be in a strippers make-up arsenol along with her body glitter. Like stage makeup, I guess.
I also didn't like how it make my skin texture look. Not particularly flattering. The color was okay, but it's so frosty and reflects so much light that whether it was pink or champagne, doesn't really seem to matter cuz it just looks white, bright, stark, glittery and greasy on the skin. My skin is fair-light.

Part of my order from Sephora included a different highlighter, so my impression of this mini may be due in large part to it being compared to the highlighter I ordered, which was subtle and natural-looking and flattered my skin texture while also highlighting what I wanted highlighted. I suppose it's possible that I might have loved this Benefit product had I not ordered a highlighter that I found to be superior to it. I'll be reviewing that highlighter soon, so check my reviews if you're interested since it my review may be posted by the time some future people are reading this review.

But anyway, this Watt's Up highlighter was fun to try out and play with, but I won't be purchasing and likely won't finish the mini and will probably give it away.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Mom2Free

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like many others, I received the mini from Sephora for my birthday.

I do like this product. The champagne color is very flattering on most skin tones. Looks pretty natural on my skin personally. I find it very easy to use/blend.

I wish it lasted longer. It seems to wear off after a few hours. I have oily skin though, so maybe it would last longer for others.

Overall, while I do like it, I would not purchase in the full size (too pricey). But if its available in a mini, I may purchase that.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by katieturtle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS! too bad I can only get the mini one b/c the big size is too expensive :(