November 22, 2014 | 2000 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Doll Lashes

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 11:05:00 AM More reviews by krsgarcia

A little background info: My lashes are thin, short, pin-straight, and sparse.

I initially bought this mascara with a biased: the design on the tube looked pretty. The price on the other hand, not so much. I was very wary when I purchased this from Sephora; $31 CAD for mascara?! I had buyers remorse after I walked out of Sephora, but my boyfriend urged me to at least try it out before returning it.

PROS:
- The saleswoman at Sephora instructed that when applying the mascara, to do so in a zigzag motion. This separates your lashes.
- It has a nice scent to it, possibly Lancome's perfume sprayed into the formula?
- The cone-shaped brush is able to reach each lash from one corner to the other.
- The bristles on the wand does NOT clump!
- The mascara retains the curl, and it almost looks as if you're wearing demi lashes.

CONS:
- The price. That is all.

Essentially, if this mascara did not deliver I would have returned this in a heartbeat. But for the price you're paying, this is definitely worth every penny. I would repurchase this, but not anytime soon. I'm using this mascara on special occasions, not for everyday use.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by ioannaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like the packaging very very much! This is why I bought this mascara. As far as the result is concerned I wasn't excited. It did provide some length and volume but not much. It was an ok mascara but nothing special. I think that it was too expensive for what it offers.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by musicat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm obsessed with getting doll-like lashes so when I saw this mascara on HSN, I could not wait and ran over to Macy's to buy it. It was very disappointing. I didn't expect a full on doll lash because I know you pretty much have to use falsies if you really want that look. However, I thought this would come close and it did not. It's gloppy if you don't use the right technique. When you do use the right technique you get baby fine lashes that are barely there. This mascara is also way too fragrant, just like every other product from Lancome. Why do they insist on everything smelling like roses? I feel like I'm living in the Hunger Games and President Snow is running Lancome. My eyes are very sensitive and the smelliness just made them water. To top it off, after maybe 2 hrs of wearing I experienced major flakiness.
Definitely never buying ever again. I think I'll just have to get some good false eye lashes for that doll look.

BTW, a good alternative is the Balm's Body Builder mascara, lengthens and gives fullness without clumps.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by PrettyDeath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I had high hopes for this mascara. I was so excited to be trying a HE mascara besides my usual UD or Clinique ones. Unfortunately, I have to say this is probably the worst mascara I've ever tried. The only thing that makes it remotely bearable is the wand. The wand alone made me really want to like this mascara. The shape of it helps you to get every lash and not smudge it on your upper or lower eyelids. The formula of this mascara, however, is just atrocious. It's thick, it clumps, it dries to a cakey crust and flakes all over your cheek bones. It's very difficult to work with as it's so thick and goops up and dries really fast. After 3 days of using this, I went to Walmart and purchased NYC's Sky Rise mascara for $1.97 and it was better than Lancome's mascara. Definitely would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by kayleebugc

I had high hopes for this mascara but it let me down. I have pretty short lashes and i hoped that this product would give me a bit more length. It mostly just made my lashes look dry and cakey and it was a pain to wash off. Not good quality for the price in my opinion. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by SigneT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a pretty good mascara. Nothing special, but its nice. It gives me separated lashes with some volume.
The problem with this mascara is how it flakes. I get mascara clumps under my eyes by the end of the day. I work long days so the mascara I wear have to be flake-less or else I look super tired and depressed all day :P
Will not repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by sweetbabylace

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is definitely not worth $26, imo. It is really great for the lower lashes, but it is kind of dry and does very little to lengthen and add volume to the upper lashes. I'm not even sure why they put it in the Hypnose category. I actually received this as a gift and if I had purchased it, I would have returned it. It isn't the absolute worst mascara I have ever used, but definitely not worth the money or time taken to apply it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried Hypnose Drama a couple years ago and it was one of the worst mascaras I've ever worn, which really put me off of Lancome mascaras. Then a few months ago I tried Definicils, which was also a bust. After trying this one, I'm convinced I should have continued to stay away. It's not like this is as awful as the Hypnose, but it only falls into the mediocre category and doesn't give me anything better than average lashes. My lashes are straight, brown, and long but not especially thick so I prefer volume formulas but do like the whole fluttery long-lashed effect too. This didn't give me any added length, which is fine, but it didn't give me any noticeable volume either. The formula is on the dry side so it layers more easily than a thinner, wet formula but it also seems heavy so that it pulled the curl out within an hour and weighed my lashes down. My biggest problem with this was the tiny little mascara deposits (those awful tiny dried bits or drops) it leaves at the tips of my lashes, something I also noticed with the Hypnose Drama. Some of my lashes were coated normally, others were coated at the base, then it seemed to skip the middle part of the lash, then finished with the mascara blob on the ends.

I do like the shape of the brush as well as the dense placement of the bristles; it really helps with the application and did separate my lashes well (if I wiped the wand off and only did a single light coat). I noticed the fragrance but it didn't seem overly harsh and it didn't bother my eyes at all. No flaking and it washes off easily.

My lashes looked so droopy and coated in an unflattering, inconsistent way. I waited too long to return this but that's the last time I try any mascaras from Lancome.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by MissJenifer

This isn't my favorite of the hypnose line from lancome - I would go with the star mascara because it will give you the same effect using the one side of the brush - and the benefit of the star is that it can also give you a more volumized look when you want it. That being said, if you're only looking for a mascara to give you a really defined lash - this is the one you are looking for! I like to layer my mascara - putting on two or three coats, and I find you can't do that easily with lancome mascaras - As I've said ad nauseum I think they are far too clumpy, regardless I like this mascara and I think it's a good investment if you are looking for strictly defined lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 10:25:00 AM More reviews by MacLips123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I loveddd!!!! This product when i bought it
It was the only mascara that went on thick and gave me the spider web lashes how ever this drys out very quick and is very pricey if you even mind spending $10 for drug store mascara i bought it at the lancome store for $30 and yes it was well worth it in order to get the full affect you do have to apply multiple coats...Definitley reccomend for people that have no lashes and want them noticed

Pros:
-Thick
-Nice Portion
-Nice brush

Cons:
-Drys quick
-Has a smell to it
-Pricey