April 18, 2014 | 1986 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Falsies Flared Waterproof

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2011 7:02:00 AM More reviews by MaddyKate93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

If you want a detailed review on this product, this ones for you.
I have to say I'm on the fence with this mascara. I don't know if I love it or hate it.
There are some really good things and some negatives.
First, Good things:
- The brush is great, gets every lash
- The waterproof formula lasts all day, through tears and humidity
- It is buildable
- Its cheap
Negative:
- Its too dry! It flakes on the second coat :(
But does it give the 'false lash' look? Yes! If paired with a heated lash curler this mascara looks amazing. Apply two coats and then comb through a heated lash curler for amazing, thick long defined, and curled lashes!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by makeupdiva23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I like this formula better than the unflared Falsies. This formula does not clump as much. This does not flake or smudge on me. Holds a curl, gives volume, and lengthens. Price is great too!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by teinesamoa88

Big negative for me. I bought this because I love the original Falsies Waterproof mascara. The formula is not as wet as the original and so I found myself having to put way too many coats on. I have short straight lashes which I curl with my Shu Uemura, with this formula my lashes went straight in about 2 hours.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2011 2:11:00 AM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

i liked this better than lash blast..i have short, asian lashes that needs lots of mascara to look visible....i need about 3 coats of this stuff & the thing i liked most about it the most that my lashes do look flare & not chunked together...its not thick and goopy either. Not a fan of the brush tho...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by thirdeye32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this mascara. I bought the first Falsies when it came out and I wish I could remember what the formula was like. The Flared waterproof is just so shiny and black. My lashes located in the center are annoyingly straighter than the rest of my lashes so I started using a heater lash curler. This mascara was made for it. It doesn't clump and holds a lovely curl. I'm going to repeat myself, but this mascara is just so shiny and inky black and I love it. I am lucky to have long lashes so most mascaras I used look to see how much volume I get. I get very nice volume with this. I concentrate the brush at the base of the lashes, wiggle, then pull up. I really enjoy the shape of the brush too. Fits my eye shape perfectly. I have big eyes though. I will repurchase and they using have this on sale and and BOGOS with coupons. So it can be bought cheaply.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by makeupfinder21

I hate to throw a bad review into the mix.. but.. I hate this mascara. It's honestly the worst mascara I've ever used. I'm talking outta about 15 different types. Or more. It clumps. A lot. And my lashes are thicker on top when I brush this on. Not what I want. It sticks many lashes together, and they are hard to seperate again. On the bottom, this sucks even more.
However, I tend to be very picky about mascara, since I want my eyes to stand out most on my face.
Would NOT recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE this mascara! my former love was the regular Flasies. i never could find it in waterproof though, so thats why i switched to this, and i'm glad i did! this gives more length and volume-- and i think the trick is to apply a 2nd light coat while the 1st coat is still wet.
for years i've avoided waterproof mascaras b/c i didnt want the pain of trying to wash them off. but then i heard that only a waterproof one will only the curl. i'm happy to report that this comes off easily enough with baby oil :) i have yet to try it swimming though.
will re-buy when this tube runs out!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by lovesmakeup525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am in love with the washable but this gave me major problems.

I've had two tubes of it now, this is an updated review.

First of all, this is thick and sticky, if you use more than one coat it will clump a lot. Also, it doesn't give that flared wingy look that the washable does.

But the biggest problem is that it ruins my contact lenses if my eyes tear at all while wearing it. Every time I go outside in this stuff, if my eyes tear at all (happens from cold/allergies), this stuff smears all over my face, ruins my makeup, and it got on my contact lenses too and ruined them. Plus it does not wash off!

Sadly, a total fail. I gave it a few chances but each time it ruined me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by cavo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just an O.K. mascara but I do not think I will repurchase because it did not give me the volume and the drama it promised. The good thing is, it did not smudge and was not too difficult to remove. It will probably sit in the back of my make up drawer and not get used much. What a waste of money!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by tm1999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is the same as the original falsies one. I bought this in the blackest black color. It is truly waterproof and stays put. dosen't flake or smear and holds a curl.