Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared Waterproof

3.7

on 3/5/2012 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I don't know how to feel about this product, it does make my eyelashes look amazing but after a couple of hours it makes them look awkward I don't even know how to explain they look long but thin and don't get me started about fallout!

on 3/4/2012 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I didn't like this mascara, didn't extend my eye lashes as stated in their commercials.

on 2/16/2012 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The only good things I have to say about this mascara are that the packaging doesn't suck, and it looks DECENT after one coat. I have long, thick lashes already, but they are kind of light and straight at the end, so I like something that darkens and adds some curl. This garbage makes my lashes even straighter, and clumpier than a mofugggga. It's horrendous. One coat looks alright, but nothing to write home about, plus I like at least two coats if I'm going to bother with mascara. Soooo disappointed.

on 2/11/2012 8:49:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This one is somehow worse than the original. It still flakes and clumps, is a bitch to take off and gives me NO volume.

on 1/31/2012 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

HG of my HG- who knew that was possible? After two decades of searching high and low for a mascara that would hold curl and lengthen my sad, straight lashes, I became obsessed with the original Falsies. I am even more satisfied with the Flared formula. It is considerably more wet than the first but has this incredible effect where you can layer more product over the tips of your lashes, concentrating the length in the outer corners for the "flared" effect. The mascara stacks itself onto the ends of my lashes and stays on without flaking! If I curl my lashes (Shu Uemura) and do this process several times allowing each coat to dry, I can build a false lash effect that is super dramatic and sexy without looking like I have a tarantula on my eye. Packaging is tacky but I have nothing bad to say about this product, it ended all my lash woes.

on 1/17/2012 10:23:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Flaky flaky flaky and smudges by lunchtime when applied before work. What flare? I don't see any flare to the edges of my lashes.

on 1/16/2012 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Such a bummer...I had such high hopes!
This stuff gave me three clumpy eyelashes which I had to pick apart with a safety pin. Only to find that I now had little mascara balls on the end of each lash.
Had to take it all of and start over...with a different mascara. Boohoo

on 1/15/2012 11:41:00 PM

I did not like this mascara at all. It made my lashes appear very thin. If you're looking for a better waterproof mascara, try Maybelline Colossal.

But on the plus side, it was easy to apply.

on 1/12/2012 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really love this mascara. It's very black and the wand helps to separate and lengthen very well. When I curl my lashes then apply this, the curl lasts all day, which I love! It layers well to give extra volume.
There are a couple of negatives: 1) I like my lashes non-clumpy, so I have to wipe the extra product on a tissue before using as the neck of the bottle is not slim enough to do this for me. 2) It is a real pain to get off, but then most waterproof mascara's are.

on 1/4/2012 9:07:00 PM

No no no no no no no no...... I actually liked the original formula but not this one, not this one at all. I don't know what they did to the formula. They both have horrible brushes but the original one was easy to fix. I just used another mascara wand and BOOM awesome lashes. This stuff is TERRIBLE no matter what brush you use plus it's flaky while the original is practically indestructible.

The flare version suffers all the negatives of the original but misses all the positive points. This would probably be the best mascara to use as an example of everything a mascara should not be. The only bad point it's missing is probably that it's not heavily scented. Other than that this mascara wins my raspberry award. Worst mascara I've ever bought. Don't buy this, don't fall for it unless you want to have a clumpy, dumpy, flaky, smudgy mess.