November 23, 2014 | 2040 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Flared Waterproof

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by mhosler

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Flaky flaky flaky and smudges by lunchtime when applied before work. What flare? I don't see any flare to the edges of my lashes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by shar037

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Such a bummer...I had such high hopes!
This stuff gave me three clumpy eyelashes which I had to pick apart with a safety pin. Only to find that I now had little mascara balls on the end of each lash.
Had to take it all of and start over...with a different mascara. Boohoo

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by annalynne

I did not like this mascara at all. It made my lashes appear very thin. If you're looking for a better waterproof mascara, try Maybelline Colossal.

But on the plus side, it was easy to apply.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by KerryWalkerNZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this mascara. It's very black and the wand helps to separate and lengthen very well. When I curl my lashes then apply this, the curl lasts all day, which I love! It layers well to give extra volume.
There are a couple of negatives: 1) I like my lashes non-clumpy, so I have to wipe the extra product on a tissue before using as the neck of the bottle is not slim enough to do this for me. 2) It is a real pain to get off, but then most waterproof mascara's are.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by janaoo4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

No no no no no no no no...... I actually liked the original formula but not this one, not this one at all. I don't know what they did to the formula. They both have horrible brushes but the original one was easy to fix. I just used another mascara wand and BOOM awesome lashes. This stuff is TERRIBLE no matter what brush you use plus it's flaky while the original is practically indestructible.

The flare version suffers all the negatives of the original but misses all the positive points. This would probably be the best mascara to use as an example of everything a mascara should not be. The only bad point it's missing is probably that it's not heavily scented. Other than that this mascara wins my raspberry award. Worst mascara I've ever bought. Don't buy this, don't fall for it unless you want to have a clumpy, dumpy, flaky, smudgy mess.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by candypinkkiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was so excited to try this mascara out because I liked the original falsies and needed a waterproof mascara, but this is definitely not it.

The product flaked on the very first coat, and the new brush make my lashes look uneven. It looked clumpy and awkward on my lashes.

I prefer the original falsies (non waterproof) to this, since the brush and formula were better. However, since even that mascara makes my asian lashes look more spidery and less full, I'm still looking for that HG mascara.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not sure why this gets such amazing reviews (which is the only reason I even bought this in the first place), because this is a goopy-dry mascara with a crappy wand in my honest opinion. When I brush my lashes with this nastiness, the mascara formula is so thick and disgusting, that it barely even gets off the mascara wand and onto my eyelashes! It is a pointless step in make up even, because there is no stable volume or curl that is mantained, and expect a jet-black flake or two to fall on your face. For such a Productville hype (more when this first came out), I was sadly disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by sudali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Ewwww, my lashes looked awful with this mascara on: clumpy, wet, gross. I much prefer the regular Falsies to the Flared. I also had the hardest time removing this even with Lancome's make-up remover, literally took forever to get it all off.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2011 9:35:00 AM More reviews by ObsidianAngel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think I may have purchased the wrong version of the falsies because I hated this one. The brush is too think and does not have a good curve so it does not separate lashes well, also it is supposed to give you that "flared" effect but the brush is so thick that you cannot fit it on the outer portion of your eye. Also it doesn't hold curls for anything.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2011 7:02:00 AM More reviews by MaddyKate93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

If you want a detailed review on this product, this ones for you.
I have to say I'm on the fence with this mascara. I don't know if I love it or hate it.
There are some really good things and some negatives.
First, Good things:
- The brush is great, gets every lash
- The waterproof formula lasts all day, through tears and humidity
- It is buildable
- Its cheap
Negative:
- Its too dry! It flakes on the second coat :(
But does it give the 'false lash' look? Yes! If paired with a heated lash curler this mascara looks amazing. Apply two coats and then comb through a heated lash curler for amazing, thick long defined, and curled lashes!