Maybelline New Instant Age Rewind Foundation

4.1

Octinoxate (7.5%), Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (PVP Crosspolymer), Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Lycium Barbarum (Goji) Fruit Extract, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Potassium Sorbate, Ethylparaben, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Panthenol, PEG 9, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Sodium PCA, Urea, Trehalose, Polyquaternium 51, Soluble Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), May Contain ( /-):, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

on 10/26/2011 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Best drugstore concealer I've tried in many years!

Okay first off this is exactly the same coverage, color, etc as the Maybelline Double Instant Age Rewind, which was discontinued. The only difference is that the highlighter has been removed and you get more concealing product. I personally found the highlighter part of the old product to be useless so this new version is better.

The product is perfect! It covers beautifully and does not settle into fine lines. Although I do not have wrinkles I do have slight lines under my eyes and this does not bring them out. It doesn't even feel or look like I am wearing concealer.

Pros:

- I used to use Laura Mercier concealer and this works the same way!
- covers redness
- does not settle into lines
- blends well
- perfect color options
- creamy consistency perfect for dry under eye area
- long lasting and does not fade throughout the day
- inexpensive

Cons:

- The sponge tip/cover (I removed it because it doesn't seem hygienic)

Over a 5/5 !!

on 10/25/2011 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Great product for undereye concealing. Like many others I got this due to TiffanyD's review on YouTube. I don't have wrinkles, but do have the beginnings of tiny fine lines around the outer corners of my eye. My normal undereye concealer can get cakey or completely rub off during the day. This concealer really brightens the area and does add some coverage. I wouldn't say it's a full coverage concealer like MAC would be, but the brightening effect is amazing. I've tried other brightening products (Smashbox) and they don't compare. I really like this and would def repurchase.

on 10/23/2011 4:39:00 PM

This is AMAZING. I bought it because TiffanyD just raves about it, and I was really starting to notice my regular concealer (Mac studio finish) settling and creasing under my eyes. I'm only 22, I don't have wrinkles yet but when I smile, my eyes crinkle up, and after a few hours any makeup in that area gets really creasy. Obviously I can't comment on how well it works on older skin or over deep wrinkles, but for the fine little lines I do have, it's perfect. Truly awesome. Doesn't settle, doesn't crease, I don't even need to use a powder over it, lasts alllll day. New HG. Told my mom about it, and she loves it too (and she's 50!) I bought it the lightest shade and it's the perfect color for my syper fair, NW15 skin. Love! The only thing I would change is the applicator... I don't find it super hygenic (it says it's supposed to be anti-microbial, bu still) and I'm not really into gimmicky applicators. I'd prefer it if it was just in a tube.

on 10/23/2011 2:06:00 PM

Wow, I haven't been this excited to write a review in a looooong time. Probably since Maybelline introduced the Instant Rewind Double Perfector concealer, my former HG. Sadly that is discontinued, hopefully Maybelline won't pull another bone headed move again and discontinue this. Word to MU companies, you can have have more than one concealer in your arsenal and you don't need to keep mixing it up.

So, my initial hesitation in purchasing this product to replace the Double Perfector concealer was that I assumed this product was supposed to be a competitor type product to the Garnier anti dark circle roller. Have it like it, but didn't want or need another supplement to that as my circles are so dark I always needed to add concealer on top. Also, sorry girlies, but I ain't going to listen to a concealer review from some YT pop tart that is barely legal to drive with just a smidge of purple underneath her eyes and this was getting so much hype on YT it also turned me off from this. Boy was I wrong...I finally gave in because I was just intigued and had to give it a go. This is in no way like the dark circle roller...AT ALL. This is an excellent standalone concealer for those with truly dark circles!! It is not as runny as the roller, it is liquidy, but creamy. Perfect consistency. It is also an excellent concealer for those of us that...ahem..are victims of the inevitable aging process.

So here is my routine. I use the neutralizer shade 1st. 1 maybe 2 layers depending on how bad my circles look on a given day. Note: They are always bad, but somedays when my daughter wakes me up at 5am I am full on exorcist type scary vs. just normal night of the living dead scary. So this neutralizer has a yellow undertone beware...I have yellow undertones in my olive skin so it works like a charm, if you are pinkie you prob won't like this as much. It covers...alot just right there. But when you got serious circles, you know this is a layering process. One product won't do it all, have yet to see one, and I have tried it all. Then I use the concealer shade in Light on top. Again depending on the day 1-2 layers and I am good. I set with my BE Matte foundation and I am good. No creasing, no settling, not drying. Like I said, nothing can totally cover all my circles, but this combination gives me pretty good full coverage. I was not expecting that really. If its a super duper bad day, I use the 2 concealers and then Hard Candy Glamoflauge in Light just to brighten, but that is a rare occurrence these days as the coverage in this concealer is wonderful. Sorry for the novel, but this product I feel really lives up to the hype. I would definitely recommend to those with serious dark circles and fine lines. New HG for me...at least until they discontinue it :)

on 10/19/2011 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am really loving this concealer so far. the packaging is a bit of a pain, I had to turn it 100+ times to get the product to come out the first time and it takes a dozen or so turns to get more out. Other than that, I like the sponge applicator. I don't use it to blend the product it, only to place it and I blend it with my finger. I have shade 20 Light which works well for my NW20 skin. It doesn't feel dry to me and doesn't settle into my fine lines, it lasts a good long time and is very easy to use. I am always looking for good under eye concealers but I think this one will give others a run for the money.

on 10/19/2011 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I RAN out and bought two of these after reading the reviews here. No luck :( I bought the brightener and the medium shade concealer. The medium is way to dark/muddy for my light skin. I wear no. 2 in YSLs touche eclat and medium in Benefits Erase Paste so that is why I bought this in medium. I cant comment on the coverage/wearability of the med. concealer because i never even put it on my under eye area after swatching it on the back of my hand and seeing how dark it was. I did use the brightener for a few days and it really irritated my eyes. Of course I am careful not to get the product into my eyes when applying but it somehow migrates there throughout the day? I had an eye exam the other day and my eye doctor said my eyes looked irritated. She looked into my eyes with a light and said there was a glittery oil-based film over my eyes. It was from this brightener product I am sure. She gave me an eye wash and I quit using this product immediately. My eyes have been fine ever since. I am going to roll the dice and try this concealer in the fair and light shades next but the brightener went in the trash.

on 10/15/2011 9:00:00 PM

I love this stuff! I love the packaging, even the sponge at the top is so soft. I do finish blending with my fingers. I have the fair which brightens under eye area.

on 10/15/2011 5:04:00 PM

I'm so excited to find this great concealer! I've tried many concealers and some are better for spots and not under eye area, but this one is perfect for the under eye area and goes on so silky so there is no tugging. I bought the medium and it's perfect (I'm NW35). I also really like the applicator top. I just dab it on the under eye area and blend lightly with my finger or a fluffy brush.

on 10/14/2011 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Little wonders around every corner! Maybelline has been on a roll when it comes to drugstore concealers. I was rather upset that Dream Mousse concealer was discontinued though. It was amazing... I didn't even catch on to it until it was soon to be discontinued. I bought this because several women around my age (25-30) said it was working for them. I've found that all concealers or makeup for aging skin work for me, and if you have dry skin they are the best. This concealer manages to cover, feel light, and brighten my under eye area. It also dries nicely and doesn't cake up or start to smudge. It also feels kind of refreshing because of the skincare ingredients. I'm sure it helps over time. I was using the Garnier tinted eye roller, but the coverage wasn't great. The sponge on this is not to be wet or washed, it's anti-microbial and won't collect germs. It's really soft and cushioned. So far I'm really loving this concealer. Update: I barely use any other concealer now, and I use this even on no-makeup days at the house. It helps my overall appearance 100% on most days. If you have dry under eyes, then you need a gel eye cream to set for a few minutes before using it. I use the Garnier Moisture Rescue Gel Cream and it never irritates my eyes. Always moisturize before using any concealer or foundation. Especially if you have dry or mature skin.