November 26, 2014 | 1671 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - New Instant Age Rewind Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by sohysterical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is AMAZING. I bought it because TiffanyD just raves about it, and I was really starting to notice my regular concealer (Mac studio finish) settling and creasing under my eyes. I'm only 22, I don't have wrinkles yet but when I smile, my eyes crinkle up, and after a few hours any makeup in that area gets really creasy. Obviously I can't comment on how well it works on older skin or over deep wrinkles, but for the fine little lines I do have, it's perfect. Truly awesome. Doesn't settle, doesn't crease, I don't even need to use a powder over it, lasts alllll day. New HG. Told my mom about it, and she loves it too (and she's 50!) I bought it the lightest shade and it's the perfect color for my syper fair, NW15 skin. Love! The only thing I would change is the applicator... I don't find it super hygenic (it says it's supposed to be anti-microbial, bu still) and I'm not really into gimmicky applicators. I'd prefer it if it was just in a tube.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by nikki5

Wow, I haven't been this excited to write a review in a looooong time. Probably since Maybelline introduced the Instant Rewind Double Perfector concealer, my former HG. Sadly that is discontinued, hopefully Maybelline won't pull another bone headed move again and discontinue this. Word to MU companies, you can have have more than one concealer in your arsenal and you don't need to keep mixing it up.

So, my initial hesitation in purchasing this product to replace the Double Perfector concealer was that I assumed this product was supposed to be a competitor type product to the Garnier anti dark circle roller. Have it like it, but didn't want or need another supplement to that as my circles are so dark I always needed to add concealer on top. Also, sorry girlies, but I ain't going to listen to a concealer review from some YT pop tart that is barely legal to drive with just a smidge of purple underneath her eyes and this was getting so much hype on YT it also turned me off from this. Boy was I wrong...I finally gave in because I was just intigued and had to give it a go. This is in no way like the dark circle roller...AT ALL. This is an excellent standalone concealer for those with truly dark circles!! It is not as runny as the roller, it is liquidy, but creamy. Perfect consistency. It is also an excellent concealer for those of us that...ahem..are victims of the inevitable aging process.

So here is my routine. I use the neutralizer shade 1st. 1 maybe 2 layers depending on how bad my circles look on a given day. Note: They are always bad, but somedays when my daughter wakes me up at 5am I am full on exorcist type scary vs. just normal night of the living dead scary. So this neutralizer has a yellow undertone beware...I have yellow undertones in my olive skin so it works like a charm, if you are pinkie you prob won't like this as much. It covers...alot just right there. But when you got serious circles, you know this is a layering process. One product won't do it all, have yet to see one, and I have tried it all. Then I use the concealer shade in Light on top. Again depending on the day 1-2 layers and I am good. I set with my BE Matte foundation and I am good. No creasing, no settling, not drying. Like I said, nothing can totally cover all my circles, but this combination gives me pretty good full coverage. I was not expecting that really. If its a super duper bad day, I use the 2 concealers and then Hard Candy Glamoflauge in Light just to brighten, but that is a rare occurrence these days as the coverage in this concealer is wonderful. Sorry for the novel, but this product I feel really lives up to the hype. I would definitely recommend to those with serious dark circles and fine lines. New HG for me...at least until they discontinue it :)

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I am really loving this concealer so far. the packaging is a bit of a pain, I had to turn it 100+ times to get the product to come out the first time and it takes a dozen or so turns to get more out. Other than that, I like the sponge applicator. I don't use it to blend the product it, only to place it and I blend it with my finger. I have shade 20 Light which works well for my NW20 skin. It doesn't feel dry to me and doesn't settle into my fine lines, it lasts a good long time and is very easy to use. I am always looking for good under eye concealers but I think this one will give others a run for the money.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by aladie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I RAN out and bought two of these after reading the reviews here. No luck :( I bought the brightener and the medium shade concealer. The medium is way to dark/muddy for my light skin. I wear no. 2 in YSLs touche eclat and medium in Benefits Erase Paste so that is why I bought this in medium. I cant comment on the coverage/wearability of the med. concealer because i never even put it on my under eye area after swatching it on the back of my hand and seeing how dark it was. I did use the brightener for a few days and it really irritated my eyes. Of course I am careful not to get the product into my eyes when applying but it somehow migrates there throughout the day? I had an eye exam the other day and my eye doctor said my eyes looked irritated. She looked into my eyes with a light and said there was a glittery oil-based film over my eyes. It was from this brightener product I am sure. She gave me an eye wash and I quit using this product immediately. My eyes have been fine ever since. I am going to roll the dice and try this concealer in the fair and light shades next but the brightener went in the trash.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by sara2008

I love this stuff! I love the packaging, even the sponge at the top is so soft. I do finish blending with my fingers. I have the fair which brightens under eye area.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Hollynla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm so excited to find this great concealer! I've tried many concealers and some are better for spots and not under eye area, but this one is perfect for the under eye area and goes on so silky so there is no tugging. I bought the medium and it's perfect (I'm NW35). I also really like the applicator top. I just dab it on the under eye area and blend lightly with my finger or a fluffy brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 5:36:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Little wonders around every corner! Maybelline has been on a roll when it comes to drugstore concealers. I was rather upset that Dream Mousse concealer was discontinued though. It was amazing... I didn't even catch on to it until it was soon to be discontinued. I bought this because several women around my age (25-30) said it was working for them. I've found that all concealers or makeup for aging skin work for me, and if you have dry skin they are the best. This concealer manages to cover, feel light, and brighten my under eye area. It also dries nicely and doesn't cake up or start to smudge. It also feels kind of refreshing because of the skincare ingredients. I'm sure it helps over time. I was using the Garnier tinted eye roller, but the coverage wasn't great. The sponge on this is not to be wet or washed, it's anti-microbial and won't collect germs. It's really soft and cushioned. So far I'm really loving this concealer. Update: I barely use any other concealer now, and I use this even on no-makeup days at the house. It helps my overall appearance 100% on most days. If you have dry under eyes, then you need a gel eye cream to set for a few minutes before using it. I use the Garnier Moisture Rescue Gel Cream and it never irritates my eyes. Always moisturize before using any concealer or foundation. Especially if you have dry or mature skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by mareeyah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is "ok." I researched the product and was on the fence about whether or not to try it since it had mixed reviews. I figured buying it at Walmart would justify trying it a little more just because it's cheaper than purchasing at CVS or RiteAid ($7.94 to be exact.) I had mixed feelings and still, after trying, continue to have them. First off, my skin tone is typically an NC30 in MAC shades. I was having problems finding reviews on which shade would match my skin tone, so I went out on a limb and purchased the product in "Light." There are several different shades: Fair, Light, Medium, Honey, Neutralizer, and Brightener. I thought they could have included more shades. The Light seems to match; not the best match, but close enough to my current concealer from MAC (Moisturecover in NW20.) The sponge tip is interesting. People complain about it, but it's no different than purchasing a concealer with a doe-foot applicator. It's a convenient way to spread the product over the under-eye area as long as you use your fingers to blend it in. The consistency of the product is thin, but it is quite pigmented. You can almost get away with not setting this at all. The product is yellow-based, and I have pretty dark circles, so after applying, they give my under eyes a little bit of a grey-ish tone. The color also appears to be a tad bit lighter than the container makes it out to be, so beware. Unfortunately, I don't have the medium shade so I can't compare. It didn't completely cover my dark circles, and after feeling the texture, I didn't expect it to. For me, it did not have that "silicone" feel to it like others claim, and I can almost compare it to the Garnier eye roller with the tint to it, but a bit more pigmented. To be honest, I'll stick to my MAC moisturecover concealer instead. Maybe if I decide to shell out another $8, I'll try the medium and do another review..

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by ashmcg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got the highlighter color- pinkish and it really makes me looks refreshed- would buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2011 10:05:00 AM More reviews by shoeandpursegal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like it, saw many reviews on YT...i bought this at Ulta when they were having a sale for Maybelline products, the price is a lil high for me, i have had cheaper/better concealers.....