Aussie Moist Conditioner

Price: $

Price: $

Water, stearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, glutamic acid, fragrance, bis-aminopropyl dimethicone, benzyl alcohol, EDTA, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, ecklonia radiata extract, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, aloe barbadensis leaf juice.

on 1/27/2011 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I picked this up when I was on my thanksgiving break in my hometown after discovering that my mom's pantene shampoo and mizani conditioner wasn't going to cut it for my multiracial hair (sorry pantene and mizani lovers). I just wanted a conditioner to get me through the long weekend until I got back home to my own products and I remembered being curious about Aussie and hearing good things, so I picked it up. Isn't as moisturizing or "thirst quenching" as advertising/other reviews led me to believe it would be. Great value for the money and it's good to detangle with in the shower. The fact that the giant pump bottle I have says the average person needs two pumps for enough conditioner to cover their head is nearly laughable. I need at least six (I also have enough hair on my head for two people to share though so I don't penalize them for that). It's a good last minute pickup if you realize you left your conditioner somewhere, but I'm probably not going to buy it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Too heavy for my fine hair. Definitely helped with the frizzies and made my hair feel and smell nice, but it weighed my hair down. Won't repurchase.

on 1/19/2011 1:18:00 PM

This is my go-to conditioner. I have thick, wavy hair, and most conditioners I try are way, way too light, leaving my hair a tangled, stringy mess. This conditioner is nice and thick, and smells so good. It never leaves any build up, with other thick conditioners I end up having to use a clarifier every few weeks, but not this one. People are constantly commenting on how nice my hair smells, although I can't really smell it anymore! My hair always feels nice and soft, I won't use anything else.

on 1/12/2011 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Works great on my very dry hair during the winter months! Takes out all the tangles & leaves my hair moist, smooth & smelling great! Would def. buy again.

on 1/10/2011 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Price: Very modest price, usually around 3-4 something bucks wherever it's sold. Its affordability is one of the reasons it's my staple conditioner.

Packaging: I love the purple. It's identifiable in stores and a pleasant accent in the shower. The labels are always cleverly written, and I love the little corresponding designs for each kind of Aussie shampoo/conditioner. The bottles themselves have a tiny bit of a grippy surface which make them less likely to slip out of your hand in the shower. The caps can be a little difficult to manage, but the 16.9 fl. oz bottles have easy caps (I get those when possible) and the 1 liters have pumps and that's always great.

Consistency: Aussie Moist is super-thick, which I absolutely love. It can be slightly difficult to squeeze out (especially once it's down to the bottom), but it's worth it once it's out.

Scent: The fragrance is... divine. That's the most applicable adjective of praise I can think of. It's my favorite scent of anything, ever. It's fruity, nutty, buttery. Also, since it's my staple shower buddy, the fragrance is warm and comforting. It lingers in my hair after I rinse it out, and for a while after it's dry.

Ingredients: They're pretty typical of a drugstore conditioner, as the good stuff is at the end of the list. In my opinion, it's a little bit more high-end than typical cheapo drugstore products.

Performance: After smoothing it on, it detangles my dry, thick, curly, longish hair very well. It coats my hair like butter, but doesn't leave it feeling gunky when I rinse. It goes a little bit beyond basic, and that's why I love it. It's not too high-end, and it's not crap.

Overall: After I let my hair dry (naturally), my curly hair is shiny, moisturized, soft and bouncy. It lingers and smells like a dream (sometimes I grab small sections of my hair just to take a whiff. What? >.<). I'm not 100% sure if Aussie Moist is my HG, and it might be, but all I know is that it's my best shower buddy. I always have a stash in my house. <3

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought it b/c it smells so good and b/c of the good reviews. Unfortunately, it did not work for me. Once applied, and very generously I shall add,it did nothing for me. My hair felt hard and stiff as it does after I rinse out the shampoo. Will not repurchase and will stick to what works, which for me is Pantene for women of color

on 12/9/2010 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

A really nice moisturizing conditioner! For the price you pay this stuff is outstanding and cheap as well. I have tried many hair care products that promise some sort of moisturizing but this one beats them all! It smells like yummy coconut like most Aussie products do and it leaves my hair feeling soft and moisturized. I reconmend only putting this on hair below the roots or else they could get a bit greasy. Before this I was previously using the Dove daily mouisture conditioner but this is alot better. After switching to an organic shampoo and using this conditioner my hair hasnt looked better in years! I just leave the conditioner in for 5 minutes rinse out and BAM! my hair's just the way I like it soft, shiny and bouncy!

UPDATE: I dont use this anymore. After a while I noticed that I would lose more hair in the hair and even through my hair felt nice and soft the next day it would be dry all over again. Ive recently switched to the Tresemme naturals moisturizing conditioner and will write a review for that once ive been using it for a few weeks.

on 12/9/2010 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

love this stuff! It is very detangling on my natural AA hair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is the best conditioner I've ever used hands down. It works better than any expensive brand I've tried in the past. I use it with the matching shampoo and it works wonders for me. In the past, I struggled with my hair going frizzy on me half way through the day no matter what the weathers like and this stopped that flat out. My hair feels so soft and stays straight all day. I took one lippie off because I find that once or twice a week, I have to use a leave in conditioner just to add a bit more moisture, especially in the winter months. Can't beat the price either. I usually buy the 1L bottle for $7.99 at Walmart.

on 11/14/2010 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the best conditioner I have ever use. The price is very ideal compare to other brands. Each time after I wash my hair I need a lot conditioner in order and wait a long time for hair to become smooth. This conditioner works like hair mask.