Cover Girl Lash Perfection Volumizing Mascara [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera Wax, Triethanolamine, Synthetic Wax, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Oleic Acid, Polyethylene, Alcohol Denatured, Benzyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Tocopherol, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Glyceryl Oleate, Simethicone, Trisodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Iron Oxides

on 7/10/2012 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my HG volumizing mascara. I don't know how many tubes I've gone through. It's THAT good. Lash Perfection gives me perfect length and volume without clumping, flaking or killing my curl AND it does not smudge. I like to wear this under my Imju Fiberwig, which gives me a little more length. I had used LashBlast Volume but I needed a skinnier brush. Lash Perfection's smaller brush is perfect for my smaller eyes and shorter lashes. If you were a fan of the old Max Factor Lash Perfection and you're wondering if Cover Girl Lash Perfection is the same, the Cover Girl is actually much better. The Max Factor did not smudge, flake, or clump but I don't remember it ever giving me much volume or length.

on 7/10/2012 7:35:00 PM

There's a review below that describes this as an "amped up Full n Soft" and that's exactly what it is. Fluttery, full lashes. It's as defined a look as you can get while still in the realm of natural looking makeup. I also find that this doesn't flake all that much. A keeper for sure!

on 7/8/2012 9:58:00 AM

*Update 12/2012*- I wanted to mention that this mascara holds a curl beautifully!!! It's definitely hit HG status. Also, I switched from the shade 'Very Black' to 'Black', and I like it even better since it's a bit softer.

Like an amped-up Full N' Soft! For those familiar with FnS, the CG is similar, except I find it provides a touch more volume and length. It can be applied with one coat for a natural look, or built up quickly for more drama. The formula is on the drier side which I appreciate, so it doesn't weigh lashes down. Lashes are kept soft, like the FnS. The brush is awesome and can really get into the corners to define each and every lash. It doesn't flake or smear on me in the least. It's not yet available in a waterproof formula, but rumor is this should be happening soon.

on 7/5/2012 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HG mascara! Literally, this mascara gives my lashes the Kim K look, without falsies. The formula is a bit drier then others which I just adore because it holds a curl! Completely recommend. I used to buy makeup forever, mac, bareminerals, benefit, urban decay, and after all the $$$ this is the winner, and its only $5. <3

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Cool

I absolutely adore this mascara! Two of my pictures are above (sorry for the dark circles) and think they look wonderfully separated and have tons f volume!! The closest i've ever gotten to eyelashes that look like the commercials! HG Product for me!

on 6/4/2012 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I so wish they sold this in a waterproof formula. This mascara is a dream to apply, it separates and magnifies my lashes so well. No clumping or anything! But I just need a waterproof mascara to hold my curl, nothing else seems to work. So sadly, like many non-waterproof mascaras, the results had diminished when I checked in the mirror later in the day. :( Too bad, this was so nice going on..

on 4/17/2012 7:41:00 PM

OH MY GOSH!! THIS IS MY FAVORITE MASCARA IN THE WORLD IT GIVES LENGTH AND VOLUME!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

When I first bough this mascara, I hated it because it took the curl out of my lashes. Which was not surprising, because if it's not a waterproof mascara, my lashes will not hold the curl. But I reallllly wanted to love this mascara, so i gave it another chance. What I found out though, was that this mascara's staying power is AMAZING. Whereas all the other mascaras I've used before (waterproof and washable) would smudge underneath my eyes by the end of the day, this mascara held up. I was pleasantly surprised. But the mascara still sucked at holding my curl, so I waited two weeks so it's dry up and hold my curl better. No such luck. I'm on the fence about repurchasing this because of it's sucky ability to hold a curl but amazing staying power. It gives a natural appearance, but can be built up for a more dramatic appearance without clumping. I like the wand too, makes it easy to reach the inner corner lashes. I like it, but I don't love it.

on 3/25/2012 10:56:00 PM

First of all - Thank you to the reviewers for this product! I recently purchased the CG Lash Perfection mascara after reading the reviews. I mean, let's face it - 75% of the people saying they'd get it again is a pretty good stat, and the pros outweighed the cons. So here's my thing:

I have super short asian lashes. I curl my lashes religiously and use the Shiseido mascara base. (Tried Dior and it just weighed it down.) My lashes and eyelids are notorious for not holding a curl and my lower eyelid tends to be a smidge oily, so I often end up looking like an abused housewife or a raccoon - and that's on a good day. And trust you me, it's not just the mascara, it's also the eyeliner. I have small eyes, so it's important that I accentuate what I can.

I used to use high-end mascaras - dior, lancôme, chanel, shiseido, mac, benefit, blahblahblah... even those japanese ones that makes tubes on my lashes. I think the ones that kept my curl (with using the base) was the urban decay super whatever (the brush was funky and kept getting mascara on my upper lid, not to mention it smudged a bit half way through the day), lancôme hypnose drama (the smell was enough to make me want to vomit in the mornings, and it did get a bit clumpy, but i can live with that), and the old-old formulation of shiseido lengthening/lifting mascara (but that still smeared). I spent anywhere from $20-35 on a tube every three months - and on a student teacher's NON-salary, this was getting ridiculous. So after reading the reviews, I decided to give CG a shot. The last CG I used was the professional waterproof mascara and it did a good job but it didn't make me jump out of my skin with joy. I can't wear volumizing mascaras, since it weighs my lashes down, and I tend to lean toward waterproof, because the formulation dries faster and holds my curl better.

The Lash Perfection is a bit drier than most mascaras that I've used, and the brush isn't so big that i'm coating my brows with it. What I love is that it holds my curls, doesn't smudge/smear, gives just enough volume that I can layer more on top of it and control how much volume I want. Even more, I spent just under $6 for a tube, rather than $30.

So the tube isn't glamorous or weighty nor does it come screened with some fancy name on a sueded tube or whatever... but it works. And at the end of the day, we just want something that works. This could be my new HG mascara!!! (Please, CG - don't discontinue this!!!)

on 3/19/2012 9:38:00 AM

For those of you who love Maybelline's Full N' Soft mascara and are sad that it has been (for some asinine reason) discontinued this is a good replacement. I LOVE this mascara! The formula is a little bit less wet than the Full N' Soft but it is not dry, doesn't make the lashes brittle, doesn't look fake. It gives wonderful definition. I would say this is more of a thickening mascara than a lenghtening one. I think it's great and will definitely repurchase.

Popular Mascaras