November 23, 2014 | 1676 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Dior Addict EDP

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 8:15:00 AM More reviews by BellamyBlue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this to the point of distraction, but it seems to be a polarising choice. Those who seek fruity or "clean" scents may hate it, but I yearn for long lasting sweetness & spice with warmth and depth, and Addict is heavenly to me.

The opening is quite alarming - top notes of silk flower and mandarin leaves which are strong, heady and to my nose, bordering on incensy. I detect a smidgen of the rose soon afterwards. There is a bit too much going on at once and it's somewhat overpowering. It smells very good 20 minutes later, and gorgeous after 1 hour. So you must let this dry down to enjoy it IMO, but it does then last for an entire day, 12 hours plus, and the drydown is well worth the wait.

Addict dries down to an intense, smoky, spicy vanilla, droolsome but not actually foody, laced with sandalwood, rich florals (just a trace from the previous phase) and I swear I smell dark chocolate. It's so distinctive that it's hard to describe. It has character and could never be mistaken for another fragrance. I don't recall ever catching a whiff of this on other girls. Perhaps it's not as popular as it was a few years ago...I was late on the bandwagon with this one, but I'm glad it isn't everywhere because it feels like mine.

In Dior's defense, the Addict name and images are not just obnoxious marketing. There really is something intoxicating and addictive about this perfume. I've had people grab my wrist repeatedly throughout the day to take another whiff. Incidentally, it's true that men absolutely love this one, but that's not why I wear it at all. It is rampantly sexy but to me it's also comforting. I always find that with vanilla-based perfumes, and I honestly crave this one when it's not around. I love how it lasts for an entire day or more, and leaves traces all over my home and on my clothing. True love. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2010 2:44:00 AM More reviews by katushka37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Initially I was really attracted to this perfume. It strongly appealed to me through sexy advertisement, sleek bottle and everyone was raving about it. I've waited until CD had GWP and got the smallest bottle (30 mls I think). The smell was really strong yet sexy and I would wear it everywhere - to work, during day, at night...Then I got really sick of it so I gave it to my mum. Then I couldn't stand it even when she was wearing it - it was way too strong and heavy. I don't know what happened but be careful with this perfume and don't wear it to public places because there are people like me who can't stand it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Cheddar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is definitely my favorite perfume. It is spicy and vanilla-y ("oriental," I suppose), but not food-ish. It is a very strong perfume, and I guess it's kind of sexy smelling, but I like my cosmetics dramatic. I have been wearing this on and off for years, and always go back to it. I get tons of compliments when I wear it, and I've had people latch on and huff me because they love it so much! This would 100% be a rating of "5" if it weren't so expensive. I'm also annoyed that they no longer carry it at my local Macy's....last time I had to order it from Sephora.com and it leaked a little =/

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2010 2:19:00 AM More reviews by cashmerelover

I purchased this by accident, looking for the EDT, which to me smells quite differently. I do like it though, I have somewhat oily skin, and am layering it with the Dior Addict Shiny body lotion (if that is what it is called), and it stays for the whole day. It smells spicy and conforting, a good winter perfume. I love spraying perfume on and then putting my cashmere sweater on, it keeps the fragrance in, and I can smell it underneath my cowl neck whenever I need a hint of comfort.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by egyptgrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very sexy! This has been one of my signature scents for years. Perfect for a night out, although may be just a tad too spicy for the office.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

LOOOoooOOOooooOOOVE it... but I gotta let ya'll know (sorry Dior), that this is a CLONE of XOXO Heartbeat, a cheap dimestore perfume. Or, rather, XOXO is a clone of Dior. If you can't bring yourself to spend the bucks, which i finally did, and am going to keep my cheap-o Heartbeat in my car for touch-ups, get this inexpensive scent. It's not just me, check fragrantica.com, you will see others feel the same way!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by SatanicaMurder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Definite HG of mine, one of the only perfumes that I like. Every time I wear it, at least one person asks what I'm wearing and they always think it smells good. I started out wearing just the body lotion (at the time I couldnt afford the bottle) and I've been through 2 bottles since that time and now on my 3rd-my sweet boyfriend bought me the larger bottle last year. I was really depressed when I thought I had lost it, alas I recently discovered it again a few months ago-*phew*! I like to switch off between this and B&BW's "Twilight Woods". I definitely love woodsy, heavier scents although its hard to get away with them during the hot AZ summer months.
Its really funny that my friends have associated me with this perfume, saying it smells like me.

The scent lasts for a long time, and yes it does smell very strong when first applied-not for the faint of heart, I think you definitely need to have the right amount of confidence to wear this. Heck even if you dont, the scent gives you confidence & will attract people to you. Je t'aime Dior Addict! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2010 12:15:00 PM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

You need self-confidence and sassiness to wear this. It's a strong perfume, obviously assertive and attention requiring from other people so it may not be suited for school or office. For what it's meant to be - Je l'aime! It boosts up self-confidence and relieves stress, perfect for a party or a cocktail or even a sassy first date if you feel like it.
But if you feel like more on the delicate side you will not like this perfume. This is a perfume for YOU, represents you - it's very easy to be perceived since it's obviously sweet but not in an old-lady way, more of in the cool girl way - and unless you love it and you are willing to let it represent you maybe you should step away from it.
It's a love it or ditch it kind of fragrance, with a personality of its own, you just have to happen to mould on it at a particular time to enjoy wearing it. It truly requires a certain mood.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 6:13:00 AM More reviews by dianasheglova

I used to love this perfume, it became a little too strong for me and I now prefer more subtle scents..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by azraelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Smells divine. I love the scent of vanilla so it was so obvious that IŽll fall in love with thisone. Very sweet and sexy fragrance, but not to heavy so wont get bored of it. BUT, and this is why I unfortunatelly had to give it a bad mark: it caused irritations to my skin. It was very itchy and there were a lot of small bums where I put the perfume on (neck, wrist joints) and it took them about 4 days to desappear. So pity I canŽt wear this, because it truely smells magnificent :/