August 21, 2014 | 1184 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Dior Addict EDP

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by SatanicaMurder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Definite HG of mine, one of the only perfumes that I like. Every time I wear it, at least one person asks what I'm wearing and they always think it smells good. I started out wearing just the body lotion (at the time I couldnt afford the bottle) and I've been through 2 bottles since that time and now on my 3rd-my sweet boyfriend bought me the larger bottle last year. I was really depressed when I thought I had lost it, alas I recently discovered it again a few months ago-*phew*! I like to switch off between this and B&BW's "Twilight Woods". I definitely love woodsy, heavier scents although its hard to get away with them during the hot AZ summer months.
Its really funny that my friends have associated me with this perfume, saying it smells like me.

The scent lasts for a long time, and yes it does smell very strong when first applied-not for the faint of heart, I think you definitely need to have the right amount of confidence to wear this. Heck even if you dont, the scent gives you confidence & will attract people to you. Je t'aime Dior Addict! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2010 12:15:00 PM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

You need self-confidence and sassiness to wear this. It's a strong perfume, obviously assertive and attention requiring from other people so it may not be suited for school or office. For what it's meant to be - Je l'aime! It boosts up self-confidence and relieves stress, perfect for a party or a cocktail or even a sassy first date if you feel like it.
But if you feel like more on the delicate side you will not like this perfume. This is a perfume for YOU, represents you - it's very easy to be perceived since it's obviously sweet but not in an old-lady way, more of in the cool girl way - and unless you love it and you are willing to let it represent you maybe you should step away from it.
It's a love it or ditch it kind of fragrance, with a personality of its own, you just have to happen to mould on it at a particular time to enjoy wearing it. It truly requires a certain mood.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 6:13:00 AM More reviews by dianasheglova

I used to love this perfume, it became a little too strong for me and I now prefer more subtle scents..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by azraelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Smells divine. I love the scent of vanilla so it was so obvious that Iīll fall in love with thisone. Very sweet and sexy fragrance, but not to heavy so wont get bored of it. BUT, and this is why I unfortunatelly had to give it a bad mark: it caused irritations to my skin. It was very itchy and there were a lot of small bums where I put the perfume on (neck, wrist joints) and it took them about 4 days to desappear. So pity I canīt wear this, because it truely smells magnificent :/

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 4:01:00 AM More reviews by Sianreya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ultimate HG. Absoloutely love.

Very vanillic with deep spicy oriental undertowns.

This is definitely a winter scent on me as the perfume reacts with my skin and turns it into a very 'hot' smell.

I agree that only one squirt is needed. However on me Addict seems to get lost. Three heavy squirts and I can get into the elevator at work and my workmates can't tell I'm wearing perfume. I have taken to spraying it on my clothes instead, and then I only need one little spray and it lasts all day long.

A beautiful, beautiful scent. highly reccomended

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2010 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Fyankevich

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Typically, I only tend to wear perfume oils because they stay closer to the skin, and I find them to be less overwhelming to others; however, I'm willing to make an exception for Dior's Addict. Addict and Hypnotic Poison are the only EDP's that I own. This is definitely my favorite eau de parfum!
This is the perfume that I wear when I'm going out, feeling confident, and I want to smell sexy. I find this perfume to be very spicy, peppery, and almost incense like on my skin. I wouldn't describe this scent as sweet or gourmand. This is definitely not a scent that I would dare to wear during the day or in the hot summer months. It should be used in moderation and in the proper circumstances. A single spritz in the air and a walk through will do.
When I wear Dior Addict the words "risk" and "sex" come to mind. This is a dangerous and mysterious scent that you should wear a push up bra with.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2010 8:13:00 AM More reviews by danai

Very intense, sexy and vamp-y. I get mostly vanilla, spice and incense, so sweet, spicy and sexy would describe it nicely. It's alwo quite warm and feminine; I think it would be better for the colder months. I can totally see myself wearing this when I want to smell confident, sexy and alluring; I also think it's quite a headturner so I'd reserve it for special occasions.
All in all, wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by victorialynne

When I first sprayed this on me...I immediately thought it was way too strong and a little too "grown up" smelling for me (I usually go for the really sweet/gourmand types)....the dry down (base notes) are great! A dark bourbon sophisticated vanilla that stays on the skin a long time. I think this is definitely best for fall and winter. This reminds me a little of Jean Paul Gaultier. Over all this is a nice oriental floral. I give it 3 1/2 lippies : )
EDIT - bumping this up to four lippies. The drydown is pretty wonderful and my husband likes it as well : )

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by moonshyne777

I love this perfume and have recieved a great many compliments and inquiries from people wanting to know what I'm wearing. I think it's a very sexy scent BUT needs to be used very carefully. More then one quick spray of this is too much. Used in moderation this is a wonderful perfume and it's delicious scent is truly addictive! Pricey yes but if your wearing it properly and using only one spray it lasts a very very long time!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 5:46:00 AM More reviews by Dive14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I've always felt a bit unsure about this perfume. Sometimes my friend wears it and I absolutely love it, but then when I smell it in a store it doesnít seem quite right on me. I would describe it as gourmand, but a ďdark gourmandĒ if that makes sense at allÖ ďyummyĒ - but not in a marshmallows & vanilla Pink Sugar kind of way, more like dark chocolate fondant. If Pink Sugar was baby pink chiffon, this would be rich heavy velvet; it has a way of draping itself around you. It has excellent silage by the way, literally leaves a trail behind you, which some may or may not like (I love this as Iím not a fan of scents that stay close to the skin). It is definitely a strong and noticeable scent. The lasting power is also very good and Iím glad itís only available as an edp. What Iím unsure about is this 'nutty' note I always feel like I get, itís like the hazelnuts in nutella or a Ferrero Rocher chocolate or something. That note also makes the perfume quite distinctive too, which I don't like, because then I feel like the perfume is wearing me rather than the other way. Addict never really melds with my own body chemistry like I get with Angel, Pink Sugar and Flowerbomb. Although all of these scents have a prominent vanilla note, in all but Addict it tends to be more generic vanilla ice-cream than the bourbon vanilla absolute I get with the latter. Personally I would take the Pink Sugar kind of yummy over this, maybe because while itís still sexy itís also appropriate for casual wear. I couldnít really see this as a jeans & t-shirt kinda fragrance. It makes me think of lingerie; black silk stockings, suspenders and stilettos, that sort of thing.. I remember window-shopping at night time in Paris peering into the windows of a high end lingerie shop and this scent conjures up that moment for me. Addict seems to ooze sexuality and feel quite raunchy. I could really imagine this working better on an exotic, sultry brunette than me. I feel like due to its overtly sexy nature the only time I could see myself wearing this would be in a club. Itís definitely not one for the teen sort of generation, unless you are a pretty sultry, mature sort of teen, mainly because it's quite "loud" and even when applied with a light hand can be smelt by most people within a 5 metre radius. It is just one of those scents that shout rather than whisper. I think I just find it quite a confusing scent as whilst I can definitely pick up on the classically feminine notes of vanilla and white flowers there is something about this perfume that is also kind of masculine. There is an almost dirty animalic base note that comes through and that is perpetually evident. Thatís why for me, itís a scent best reserved for an evening of seduction.. thatís when I love the dry, powdery aspect and itís dirty in a good way.