October 2, 2014 | 1763 users online

BB Cream - Bobbi Brown - BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by missmelsie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the first BB cream I've ever tried, mainly because I haven't been able to find another brand that has a good BB cream to suit my dark, Indian skin tone.

I tried Bobbi Brown's BB cream in the darkest shade, Medium to Dark, and found that once it was blended into my skin, it actually looked pretty good and wasn't too pale. I wear the Bobbi Brown shade "Warm Honey" (#5.5) and am about NC43 in MAC.

You don't need a lot of this product, and while you won't get total coverage foundation-wise, it definitely does take the edge off natural skin. This didn't cover my pigmentation and acne scars, but I did feel happy wearing this (I never leave the house without foundation, my skin won't let me!). I felt natural and was surprised that it actually lasted all day!

I did find myself getting quite oily along my t-zone, so can't say that I noticed any of the oil-reducing properties this BB cream claims to have. I used a light moisturiser underneath and my skin felt great all day.

Overall, I'll keep using it, as a little bit goes a long way, but it's not quite enough for me and I'd prefer an actual foundation instead. No points for helping with oily skin, but great for SPF and moisture where needed, and top marks for having a broad colour spectrum!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Elisonia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After hearing all the hype about BB creams I decided to try this one. What attracted me to this one was the SPF 35 and that has slightly heavier coverage than others I have tried. I previously used the Garnier which I did like but I prefer this one. When it first came out I thought 28 was a lot for such s teeny tiny tube, but after using it I realise a lot goes a long way. I am really fair but bought a medium in it as I use it as a kind of tinted cream as well to add color and it is sheer enough to not look weird if it is darker than my skin. Packaging is pretty average, nothing to flaunt on your shelf when neighbours come around, but does the job! Just bought my second tube now!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 3:01:00 AM More reviews by Lweezybaby

I love Bobbi brown cosmetics and use foundations, corrector, concealer, powders, bronzer etc. when the bb cream had first came out I wasn't that excited about it and have never used a BB cream before. But I absolutely love and swear by this product. I however would not recommend it for dryer skin types better for the normal to oily seeing as it is oil controlling (immediately and long term) I am normal but a bit oily and I wear the hydrating gel cream or vitamin enriched face base under and set it with a soft sand loose powder. It's a perfect medium coverage lasts all day and feels light. I have noticed my skin is softer, brighter and has evened out some old acne scars.
Tips
It looks best when you use your finger tips to blend and melt into the skin

Also it's oil controlling really does help over time to keep at it if it isn't immediate for you

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by tumblingbear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Texture is great, easy to put on but if you are oily skin AND put on moisturizer prior, it oxidizes and become orange.

It helps to skip the moisturizer and put this on straight after toner. Does not oxidize that much then. I put loose powder over it.,

All experiences below are when no moisturizer just bb bbcream + loose powder.
Have staying power,
does not accentuate pores
Adequate coverage. You can put on more for more coverage.
Does not clog, not patchy at all.

love it. I'm NC25-30 and I use the darkest shade medium.

i repeat DO NOT USE MOISTURIZER unless you are in a dry country i guess. oh wells.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by hemingwaykitten

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using the Bobbi Brown BB Cream w/SPF 35 for about 2 months. My skin texture is softer and feels conditioned. My mild hormonal acne is clearing faster, which is great, because I'm so pale that spots take a month to disappear! I have a pale English rose complexion with a pink undertone (NW15). The Extra Light is perfect for me but I expect the Light would suit a lot more people. The sunscreen/treatment/tinted combo diffuses nicely with fingers, just work quickly. Once it sets, this looks great without being obvious...its the first tinted product I've been able to stand on my face and not feel it is there. Perfect for a natural look, just be careful about the shade.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2012 4:20:00 AM More reviews by deborahlovesyou

Eh.
That's Bobbi Brown's BB Cream summed up in one word.

Overview: "Moisturize, perfect and protect - instantly and over time. Now it's easier than ever to get great skin with Bobbi Brown's new BB Cream SPF 35. Inspired by a skincare/makeup hybrid that's a cult favorite in Asia, this formula combines moisturizer, treatment, Broad Spectrum SPF and a lightweight foundation in one. Plus, it's available in five skin tone correct shades carefully formulated by Bobbi herself. Consider it your skin's new best friend."

Price: I was so excited for this when it first came out, but I still had a bunch of other foundations I was using and loving, and this isn't exactly cheap. When I got a 10% code from Sephora's "Spin The Wheel" promotion, I decided I would just get it for the drier months. It's $42 for 1.35 oz while Laura Mercier's [in]famous tinted moisturizer is $43 for 1.5 oz. I suppose Bobbi's is more expensive because BB creams supposedly contain better-for-your-skin ingredients, but who knows.

Wear: I put this on about five hours ago and noticed some shine within an hour, and now my face is an oily mess. I normally have combo/oily skin, but it's been very dry here in LA and my skin is more normal (but still a little oily) than it usually is. It's also nighttime so it is quite windy and cool. It just strikes me as odd as Bobbi Brown consistently states in interviews that this BB cream is meant for oily skins and that her TM is for the normal/dry ones because this is not working with my skin at all! I'll need to powder throughout the day to make this work or maybe just powder more in the morning. I did not use any type of moisturizer under this and applied it to freshly cleansed and toned skin, as this was advertised to included the moisturizer step of our routines.

Color: The shades are so limiting! I'm about an NC40 give or take a little, and I am using the darkest shade, Medium to Dark. It matches the deepness of my skin pretty well, so if you're darker or a WOC, this won't be for you until she extends her shades. Bobbi prides herself in yellow-toned foundations, but to be honest, I found this to be pretty orange coming out of the tube, especially compared to Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Caramel. On my skin, it has turned a little bit more orange. However, getting a shade lighter won't fix this problem-- you'll just look a lighter shade of orange. If you are Asian like me, your really yellow skin will just be far too yellow to match perfectly with this foundation.

Weight/ Coverage: I don't really feel it on my skin, but I normally can't even notice Laura Mercier Silk Creme or Estee Lauder Double Wear (normal and light). I do feel oily though, but I can't tell if that's the natural oils in my skin or if it's from the BB cream. I would say this is a light-medium coverage product, leaning towards the light side if you consider it a foundation and definitely medium and maybe even heavy if you consider this a tinted moisturizer.This isn't designed to be a heavy coverage foundation though, so although the coverage is buildable, it's going to feel really heavy if you're trying to get it to look really heavy. I have some redness along my left jawline and I find that this covers it about 30% of the way, but even ELDW does not cover it 100%, even on top of a green corrector.

Smell: It smells like body sunscreen!!! Even face sunscreen doesn't smell this strongly. I am aware that artificial fragrances aren't good for your skin, but I don't see this being good for my skin either.

Conclusion: This isn't BAD by any means, after all, higher-end products use better ingredients so I'm sure this is better for your skin than $3 drugstore foundation. However, I'm not sure it performs that much better than something cheaper. It's just average. I doubt I will return this because I'm sure I'll need some moisturizing one day and it might prove handy. I'll keep using this and update this if I remember to, but honestly I don't see myself re-buying this.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This goes on beautifully but unfortunately doesn't stay that way. At the end of the day, I notice that it's sunken into my pores and flaky patches are highlighted. It also has a tendency to clump around my nose. I'm NC25-30 and was first colormatched with Medium, which was surprising because it's a pinch darker and appeared more orange than what I'm used to wearing, but somehow it doesn't appear orange once applied. A week later, I returned to a different Nordstrom and was colormatched with Fair, which also appears to be a good match and is much closer to my NARS TM shade, Alaska, in that it has yellowy/gold warm undertones but isn't as peachy as the "Medium" shade. Coverage is between light and moderate, so you'll still need a concealer for blemishes and scars, but it evens out skin beautifully. I was told that this product is great for combo skin but I do finish with a light dusting of loose powder to set it in the morning, and by the afternoon I have to blot but overall it's not bad in terms of oil control. I don't mind the sunscreen smell, which is very faint and barely noticeable, but it definitely has a thicker consistency that can be hard to blend and apply.

Between this and the NARS tinted moisturizer, I prefer the NARS.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For reference I'm NC40/42 and wear Medium/Dark in this product. It's a real time saver in the morning since I can use this one item instead of layering on three others (moisturizer, sunscreen & foundation). I have combo-oily skin and only had to blot one time in a 12 hour period. It applies and blends quite easily. The coverage is pretty good... not too thick and not too sheer. I definitely took off a lippie because of the limited shade range. I mean I'm about the coloring of Nikki Minaj and wear the darkest shade offered. Crazy. Especially since Bobbi is known for being a great line for women of color.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I feel a need to write that I've only tried one other BB cream. I tried the Maybelline one and the color was off. So, I don't really know how the Bobbi Brown BB cream compares to other brands. All I can say is that I think I have found my HG foundation(like) product.

I've tried Bobbi's Tinted Moisturizer and Skin foundation, and I couldn't find a match in either. So, I was nervous to see that this only came in 5 shades. The Medium to Dark matches my skin perfectly.

It gives the perfect amount of coverage for me. My skin is pretty clear, but I have some dark spots where pimples have healed. This does cover the spots just fine. Overall, it makes my skin look bright and flawless. I do use a light dusting of finishing powder over this.

The only drawback to this BB cream is that it does not photograph well. That is to be expected since it has a rather high SPF. So unless you are being photographed, I highly recommend this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my first shot at a BB cream and I think I will stick with my Nars TM, I know both are 2 different products for different skin types.But I thought I should put that out there :P For ref I have normal skin.
Colors - Choice is very limited, has only 5 shade options. I am NC40 and was matched to Medium/Dark which is the darkest shade in the range.
Texture - Non oily, absorbs way too quickly for my liking..mind you this is my first BB cream..I dont know if this is how all BB creams are.
Coverage - Not that great, somebody with already perfect skin who does'nt need much coverage is a perfect candidate for this product.This did not do much for me in terms of coverage.Smells like the suncreen.
For the 42 dollar price, teeny looking tube..I will pass on this product.