April 19, 2014 | 1762 users online

BB Cream - Bobbi Brown - BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Winglessly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The main properties of the product are brightening dull skin, moisturizing, reducing dark spots and discolorations, boosting collagen, preventing fine lines and wrinkles, and reducing redness while protecting skin with an SPF 35.

A quick glance at the box doesnt display a ton of anti-aging ingredients but there are a good deal of plant extracts that are good for your skin.

The formula is a medium thickness thats not too creamy and not too thin. The creamy texture has a soft buttery texture that blends into skin easily without looking greasy or oily. It offers a very nice hydrating finish thanks to the water base of the product. I find it wears like a second skin without fading or oxidizing. Its so incredibly comfortable and luxurious feeling, like a drink of water for my skin.

Coverage is sheerer but manages to ease dullness incredibly well, conceal smaller problems, and create a smooth, flawless, healthy complexion. I love how my skin just glows when I have this on.

Overall, Bobbi Browns BB Cream isnt a traditional Korean BB Cream by any means but it takes things to a very new and exciting level in the BB Cream category. The water base has such a smooth, creamy feel that melds so beautifully well with skin creating a healthy, flawless look thats very natural and oh so fresh. It surprises me that MACs version was such a terrible fail yet Bobbi Browns version with many of the same ingredients proves a huge success for me. How odd!

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

This is the first BB cream that I have tried that I have actually liked. It is certainly a very welcome change from the overly pale, greyish BB creams that I had come to expect in what was supposedly my shade range (I'm actually a NC35/40 in the winter). I have medium olive skin and tan very easily, so the yellow undertones in many of Bobbi Brown's foundations suit me well. With a tan I wear the Medium/Dark BB cream in this brand, though I expect that in the dead of winter I will switch to the Medium. The coverage is in the mid range, and you need a pea-sized amount or less for your entire face (and this is being generous), as the formula spreads easily and is quite concentrated. This cream dries down to a slightly powdery finish, which is nice for combating shine. That said, I have rather oily skin yet find this product to be rather standard in terms of oil control - I still find myself reaching for blotting papers about three times throughout the work day. (But I have yet to find an "oil-control" foundation that performs better than this). The ease of application (hello, fingers!) and nice shade match definitely make this worthy of repurchasing in my book. My sole complaint?: this foundation transfers more than any other that I have ever used. I sneeze, and it literally (almost) flies off of my face, even hours after I've put it on. Not so pleasant, but with a little care and some small application adjustments it's a flaw I can cope with. The bottom line: this is definitely a BB cream worth trying.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by qaleidoscope

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wear this BB cream as a foundation when I feel like I need a little bit of evening out of my skin tone during the day time. It's prefect because it offers good sun protection. I find it to be thick and creamy. I usually have to lightly moisturise before applying because it can be a bit hard to blend if you don't put enough on your face. I guess that's just the oil control? In any case I never feel like I'm wearing foundation which is exactly what I want. This is my go to casual day wear.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2012 6:35:00 AM More reviews by missdahlia

I loved it for the first few weeks of usage because it does controls oily and gives a good coverage. However, the weeks after that rashes and itciness starts to appear. Sadly it is not suitable for sensitive skin like mine.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2012 7:41:00 AM More reviews by nyp

Initially I had trouble with this product.
After searching on YouTube how to apply bb cream I found out the technique can make a difference.
I found the colour blends in well.
It does not last all day with me, if I apply a bit of powder after the cream sets on my face it lasts a bit longer. It does take a long time to set.
I have had a few breakouts however I didn't give up on this product...really difficult to explain but in the long run my skin has cleared up. The breakouts may be an odd one here and there but my actual acne has started to clear up.
I have used it under foundation, looks flawless for a couple of hours then turns cakey so don't do that!
Wear moisturiser underneath or it will highlight dry patches. Don't wear primer.
Use fingers. Brushes will just soak it up and looks bad in general.

I have a love-hate relationship. As it is clearing up my acne I will use it until it runs out but will most probably try a different bb cream after.
I was hoping for miracles but didn't happen.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by LazyDresser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So far so fairly impressed - provides good coverage, is easy to apply, sits comfortably on the skin, improves appearance of complexion, doesn't irritate. But don't believe the hype about shine control. I don't have oily skin - even my T-zone only becomes slightly shiny during the day - but a couple of hours on a cool, autumn day in London, and I need to touch up with powder...

Still - it's a good product. Removing one lippie because of the shine.

Update: One more tip - as the product is quite thick, apply sparingly, as with a foundation, blending only onto parts of face that need it. Take time to blend too. Also, looks best when finished with light dusting of powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by magnetizm

I used this product every day this summer and i gotta say i like i alot! you couldn't even tell i was wearing anything on my skin but it looked flawless, it evens out my skin tone really nicely, freckles and blemishes still show through.I'm about a NC 10 and extra light worked pretty good, although it could have been a tad lighter but nothing to noticable. I could see how this wouldn't work on oily skin types though.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by vshimo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I generally LOVE Bobbi Brown products and really wanted to like this, but unfortunately do not. I've tried wearing it 3 times and always applied a light moisturizer and primer underneath. I have combination skin and I am definitely not super oily. It looks beautiful when first applied but an hour later, it settlled around every pore I have on my cheeks and also seemed to form a weird powdery ring around each one of my pores, therefore highlighting each one! I tried this both with and without finishing powder without change. It also doesn't last more than a couple hours and this is with me running errands, not doing heavy exercise or hanging around in the sun. Thankfully I was able to sample this....

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by syrinx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you generally find Bobbi foundations to be too yellow for your skintone, then you can expect the same from her BB. Many BBs are too ashy or just too light. I was surprised how small the tube was (1.35oz). Convenient size to carry, but a bit expensive. I prefer the coverage, finish and tone of Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox BB which is lasts all day on my oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Marrrjjjii

I heard the hype over bb creme and decided to try it. I loved this by bobbi brown I shade is perfect for my skin (shade-light) it goes on really well. The tube packing is really useful do you don't squeeze too much out and it doesn't waste! This is my favourite essentail at the moment love it!!!