Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

3.8

on 2/10/2013 12:10:00 PM

I'm really torn on this. Some of Bobbi's products have been incredible (Skin and Corrector are my go-to products for my dressier makeup days), and some have been complete misses (the purple cream shadow comes to mind). This is somewhere in between.

I had seen all of the hype about BB creams on the boards here and was excited to try one, albeit in a US version. Since I've had success with Bobbi Brown products in the past, I figured I'd give this a try.

This BB cream has a lot going for it. I love how it has SPF 35 in it. It does give a lot of coverage, which is relative. I'm used to LM TM for everyday and BB Skin on my "heavy concealer days", neither of which is a full -coverage foundation. This does indeed even out my skin relatively well and I do feel like it protects my skin better than a TM. (Don't tell my dermatologist, as I know I'm supposed to wear a true sunscreen underneath my foundation).

What don't I love? No matter how I blend it and whether or not I'm applying it over a primer or moisturizer, it looks chalky and can be uneven. Now that could be user error, but I don't have that problem with Skin or LM TM. It also, as other reviewers have said, has a smell not unlike a full-body sunscreen. I don't mind that as much, but the chalkiness is a big problem. I'd be curious to know if anyone else has this issue. I also don't see any of the skin benefits that Bobbi claims that this delivers.

While this wasn't a complete failure, I'm not going to buy another tube when I finish this. There are a ton of BB creams on the market now, and if I'm inclined to stray from my everyday foundations again, I'll try another one instead.

on 2/6/2013 7:16:00 PM

I bought this when my foundation was feeling too heavy earlier this winter. I'd tried BB cream last summer (Estee Lauder) and loved it - got TONS of compliments on my skin - but needed a lighter color for winter skin and this comes in 5 shades, plus I like Bobbi products generally. It's heavier than the EL - initially I applied with my fingers, but it was too sticky, so now I use a kabuki brush, which works well. It stays put REALLY well...I go to the gym after work and this stuff only comes off when I wipe my face kind of hard with my towel, and even then it feels like it doesn't want to budge. I would repurchase, but might try a sample of the lighter EL shade before I do. Overall a good BB!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I was a little disappointed initially when I learnt that Bobbi Brown Singapore did not carry the Medium-Dark shade. They only had 4 shades, with the darkest being Medium. I bought the Medium shade anyway because I thought that it would be an okay match if I applied a darker shade of powder of it. Anyway, they have since brought in the Medium-Dark shade. I can only hope that makeup companies (especially in Southeast Asia) realise that people not only have different skin types but vary in colour too. Anyway, this product retails for SGD59, which is not cheap. I find that it looks best when my face is moisturized. Otherwise, it will leave dry and flaky-like patches which does not look pretty at all. I squeeze a pea-size amount at the back of my hand and dot it around my face and neck with my finger. I apply it with my fingers in a circular motion. When I am done, I rub my palms and place them on the various parts of my face. I find that the warmth of my palms "melts" the BB cream on my face. The application looks better that way. The BB cream has not clogged my pores. It appears to have a calming effect on pimples. No redness is obvious. Also, I think that this may assist in treating dark spots left by pimples too. Expect no miracles, though. It takes a while for the spots to fade. The BB cream provides medium coverage and I have not experienced a problem with it "disappearing" after a few hours. I work from 8 am till 9 pm and do not return home with an oily face. Overall, this is a good product which I will consider repurchasing.

on 1/19/2013 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Oh my lord. I cannot live without this product. I've been on the hunt for the best BB cream out there. I've used Missha, Faceshop, Lancome; you name it. However, all of the other BB creams just made me break out. Also, they all have a tendency to look cakey after a few hours of applying it, which made my skin look very flakey and gross. However, this BB cream saved my life! It does not look cakey at all, and makes my skin look great throughout the day! It also gives really good coverage. It even helped me reduce acne! Which is always a plus :)
I'm not sure if others will have the same opinions as me because we all have different skin types. However, I truly recommend this product to everyone! It's worth a try.

on 1/19/2013 6:54:00 AM

i bought this bobbi brown bbcream out of interest in the airport without any beforehand information about it, but as i used it for about a week i noticed that everytime im wearing this bbcream, people were always commenting on how my skin looked very sleek and clean :) i am totally in love with this product as will most definitely get seconds!

on 1/10/2013 7:54:00 PM

This BB cream gives a natural and very beautiful dewy finish. It's not very dewy but enough where you can see your skin look glowing.In regards to coverage, it does cover my acne pigmentation; however, my skin this winter is pretty good. If you do have severe pigmentation or scarring, you would most likely need concealer. Although I absolutely love the finish of this BB cream it does not last. I have oily to combination skin. When I do wear this BB cream, it last at most 4 to 5 hours. It doesn't separate or create any patchiness, but I don't like feeling like an oil slick. If I feel like an oil slick in the winter time, then this BB cream will not be unusable when it comes to summer when I have oilier skin. I would purchase this if it lasted longer.

on 1/9/2013 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is the first BB cream I've ever tried, mainly because I haven't been able to find another brand that has a good BB cream to suit my dark, Indian skin tone.

I tried Bobbi Brown's BB cream in the darkest shade, Medium to Dark, and found that once it was blended into my skin, it actually looked pretty good and wasn't too pale. I wear the Bobbi Brown shade "Warm Honey" (#5.5) and am about NC43 in MAC.

You don't need a lot of this product, and while you won't get total coverage foundation-wise, it definitely does take the edge off natural skin. This didn't cover my pigmentation and acne scars, but I did feel happy wearing this (I never leave the house without foundation, my skin won't let me!). I felt natural and was surprised that it actually lasted all day!

I did find myself getting quite oily along my t-zone, so can't say that I noticed any of the oil-reducing properties this BB cream claims to have. I used a light moisturiser underneath and my skin felt great all day.

Overall, I'll keep using it, as a little bit goes a long way, but it's not quite enough for me and I'd prefer an actual foundation instead. No points for helping with oily skin, but great for SPF and moisture where needed, and top marks for having a broad colour spectrum!

on 1/1/2013 10:09:00 AM

After hearing all the hype about BB creams I decided to try this one. What attracted me to this one was the SPF 35 and that has slightly heavier coverage than others I have tried. I previously used the Garnier which I did like but I prefer this one. When it first came out I thought 28 was a lot for such s teeny tiny tube, but after using it I realise a lot goes a long way. I am really fair but bought a medium in it as I use it as a kind of tinted cream as well to add color and it is sheer enough to not look weird if it is darker than my skin. Packaging is pretty average, nothing to flaunt on your shelf when neighbours come around, but does the job! Just bought my second tube now!

on 11/25/2012 3:01:00 AM

I love Bobbi brown cosmetics and use foundations, corrector, concealer, powders, bronzer etc. when the bb cream had first came out I wasn't that excited about it and have never used a BB cream before. But I absolutely love and swear by this product. I however would not recommend it for dryer skin types better for the normal to oily seeing as it is oil controlling (immediately and long term) I am normal but a bit oily and I wear the hydrating gel cream or vitamin enriched face base under and set it with a soft sand loose powder. It's a perfect medium coverage lasts all day and feels light. I have noticed my skin is softer, brighter and has evened out some old acne scars.
Tips
It looks best when you use your finger tips to blend and melt into the skin

Also it's oil controlling really does help over time to keep at it if it isn't immediate for you

on 11/23/2012 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Texture is great, easy to put on but if you are oily skin AND put on moisturizer prior, it oxidizes and become orange.

It helps to skip the moisturizer and put this on straight after toner. Does not oxidize that much then. I put loose powder over it.,

All experiences below are when no moisturizer just bb bbcream + loose powder.
Have staying power,
does not accentuate pores
Adequate coverage. You can put on more for more coverage.
Does not clog, not patchy at all.

love it. I'm NC25-30 and I use the darkest shade medium.

i repeat DO NOT USE MOISTURIZER unless you are in a dry country i guess. oh wells.