Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

3.8

on 4/16/2013 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I agree with some of the previous reviewers, the color was a little too light for me, but the next one up was a little too dark, so I couldn't find a perfect match, however after an hour or two it matched my skin a little better, but still looked pretty unnatural. Not bad...just unnatural. I didn't find it particularly moisturizing, which I was hoping for due to the price, and the fact that I have pretty dry skin!
Not a terrible product, but not excellent either. Won't purchase again, but I still suggest that you try it out, cause BB creams are different for EVERYONE!

on 4/15/2013 12:19:00 PM

I am a huge fan for Bobbi's products. However, I was disappointed by this BB cream. I have combination/dry skin and this product coated my face like a mask. The case is even worse when I tried to set it down by powder, my face was "cracked" into white pieces!
One hour after my makeup, the color oxidized and started to match my skin. However, the unnatural look was still there.
It was very dry and hard to spread even with the help of per-moisurization. I have fair skin and some acne scars, the BB cream does offer a nice medium coverage and moisture I desire. However, consider the price of this product, I expect more than that.

on 3/21/2013 2:03:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is my first "Western" BB cream that I use and contrary to some people, I prefer Western ones to Asian ones such as Missha, The Face Shop, even when I'm Asian. I just think that with Korean BB creams you still need to apply base/primer first, otherwise the BB creams tend to oxidize or make your skin darker and duller, in short and long term.

About this product:

Pros:
- Nice medium coverage
- Balanced moisturizing level (good for normal/combination skin)
- SPF35
- Easy to apply, smooth finish

Cons
- Price is a little bit high, esp when you have to use a decent amount each time to get the needed coverage >> Edit: I actually used it almost everyday but the tube lasts for a long time!, over 1 year.

Overally a good product. My skin is NC20-25 and Fair is a little bit dark, Light would be a better match (this is tricky as normally with other brands Fair is often lighter than Light).

on 3/17/2013 11:43:00 AM

This is a great product! It feels so light. It hardly feels like I have make up on. It also gives good coverage, more than tinted moisturiser but less than foundation. Plus, I have received compliments about my skin while wearing this. It lasts quite long for me as well and doesn't look cakey at all on me, even after several hours. I only have good things to say about this. I use it everyday. Granted, it's the only BB cream I have tried so cannot really compare it to the Asian brands but I really like it. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Meh, I tried this BB cream for a week and now I'm going to return it. I thought this would be comparable to the more traditional Asian BB creams but it acts more like a poor quality light foundation. My main issue is when I first apply this, I look fresh, hydrated but not oily, awake and even toned. After 4 hours, this breaks down terribly. Patches of product fade in some areas while collecting and caking in other areas. By noon time, my skin appears rough and tired. This BB cream can go on the crap list with the many other American BB creams that I've tried.
What I liked about the product:
1. Shades. Most Asian BB creams don't have darker shade choices and often leave a grey cast. I love that Bobbi Brown created a Medium to Dark shade which matched my NC42 skin nicely. But beware, the Medium shade (next shade lighter than the medium to dark) is very PINK toned.
2. No skin reactions. I didn't get any breakouts, rashes or clogged pores w/ this.
3. Packaging. A sleek slim tube.
Overall, I feel that this is an overpriced product at $44.94 (US) for what it delivers. I would much rather pay an extra few bucks for Missha.

on 2/22/2013 12:00:00 PM

I've joined the BB cream bandwagon and have tried multiple BB creams out there, Bobbi Brown included. I wanted to love this because of all its great reviews.. but I was hoping for a more natural look. Unfortunately it made my face look cakey and didn't deliver as I was hoping. What I did like is it lasted longer than expected. I went a full 4-5 hours looking exactly how I did in the morning when I first put it on so hopefully I can find this same result in another bb cream!

on 2/19/2013 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love how this comes in an "Extra Light" shade. I get great coverage with this, that of a foundation, without the heavy feel. I've been using this in rotation with my Tarte TM since June, and I love it. It controls my oily skin well when set with powder. There is really nothing I don't love about this. As for skin care benefits, I can't really say I've noticed a drastic difference. My skin has been much happier since I've swapped foundation for BB creams and tinted moisterizers.

This held up great all summer long and continues to wear well through the winter. Well worth the money. I will repurchase!

on 2/19/2013 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I finally caved in and jumped on the BB cream bandwagon. I got a tube of this stuff on the flight home from Korea (gotta love duty free!) and Light was the darkest shade the airline had in stock. (I kept forgetting that the tanned look isn't big in that part of the world)

Surprisingly, the Light shade actually does work for me, at least in the winter. I think it would be a bit pale for the summer as I tend to get some colour on my face.

I use the Real Techniques buffing brush and work the cream onto my skin in sections. (the Real Techniques brushes are fabulous makeup tools)
The result is a beautiful, smooth and polished look.
My skin does look healthy and radiant with this BB cream.

How does it wear during the day? I have normal to combination/slightly oily skin and Bobbi Brown's version of BB cream holds up quite well, much to my surprise.
I touch up at mid day and it's still fine. My litmus test is how my eyebrows hold up during the day. I use Etude brow pencil and set it with Bobbi Brown's Slate e/s.
After the end of a long day, my brows are still nicely shaped and not faded at the ends. yaay!

I think this cream wouldn't suit the oilier skin types but if you're normal/combination, it might work.
No breakouts either.

Thanks Bobbi Brown!

on 2/18/2013 1:45:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I recently made the switch from TM to Bobbi Brown's BB Cream and am in love!

I have some mild, old acne scars that I always cover up before I leave home and my old TM always made me break out, but BB is light and I've actually seen improvements in my skin since I've started using it. BB blends well and it doesn't feel like there's anything on my face. It doesn't give full coverage, though, so I do have to layer on some concealer/powder.

One of my favorite aspects of the BB Cream is that it matches my skin tone. As an Asian with light skin, I didn't realize that my old makeup made my face look unnaturally white in comparison to the rest of my body. Many of Bobbi Brown's products have yelllow undertones to combat that.

There is a slight sunscreen smell, but it's faint and not terrible.
It's also a bit expensive for how small it is, but I'm surprised by how long it's lasted. A very little bit goes a long way.

on 2/11/2013 1:50:00 AM

What I liked: Light texture and natural coverage, reasonably high SPF so I could skip sunscreen, shade in 'Fair' was quite a good match for my skin.

The not so good bits: I think this broke me out? (still not sure) It also has quite poor oil control and leaves my t-zone shiny by the time I get to work.

Am still continuing to use this but I probably won't repurchase and will try another foundation after I've finished this.